NiM Loot Issue / Update

EricMusco

Ya done goofed, BW. Good luck recovering from this... it's "Heal to Full" all over again. "Well, we don't intend for NiM gear to drop from NiM"

Honestly I fully expect them to do a 'we hear you' post and reverse this decision. Frankly though if the development team can't come to the blindingly obvious right decision here on their own, I've got no more faith or patience to wait around for new operations content. Half my progression guild has quit since KotFE launched, people that I've been with since practically launch, and I just don't have the heart nor the inclination to find a new group.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As many people have pointed out it really should be the priority HM that has a chance to drop NIM gear and NIM should actually drop 224 gear because actually being hard it should have some type of reward as many of the people doing it will already have the titles and mounts.

There seems to be no logic to your decision it just plain stupid

I dont do NiM raid due to lacking time to find a good progression team/guild (try and get on one when your schedule's all over the place) and I find this retarded.

Human being basic lesson:

A human won't go extra lenght unless you handle an extra carrot for it.

I won't do overtime at my job for a "chance" of my wage being paid at the end of the week. I won't accept a promotion with extra responsability and stress if there's a "chance" of a raise associated with it.

Thats basic. And in game, having top tier gear on your toon is a statement that you most likely know your ****, and you play with a team that knows its ****, and you clear top content together. Now its going to be "that guy probably has no life and keep doing highlighted HM".

Edited by verfallen

I thought i would be coming home to some fun and good NiM raiding after this deployment, but I GUESS NOT EH?

eric, stop being disloyal and b 1 t c h made. if you're the community manager, fight back for the community. and the community of people who play NiM have spoken.

if not, you should step down from this job.

Edited by Yoooon

This is so insane, and everybody knows it (also the devs), that I don't think that it is planned, that it stays that way.

Never was, i guess.

Hmmm... First we are busy and gear our toons in 224 with HHM-OP's. And then, they give us 228 for NIM (with big trara and crafting update ^^), and we are busy to gear our toons again.... and stay subed.... until they announce new content... and we stay subed all the time. ^^

and the best... they can tell us, they listened to the players and changed it. :D:D

grabs popcorn and waits for the big show ^^

Edited by Tintfax

Since i read it yesterday, i have gone through different stages:

1. SHOCK & DENIAL: I think this does not need explanation.
  2. PAIN & GUILT : What did i do to deserve this?
  3. ANGER & BARGAINING : I already passed it, but in this one i wanted to insult a lot of people.
  4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS : I didnt want to play the game for a while.
  5. THE UPWARD TURN
  6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH : How can i make the devs to see they are failing?
  7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE

In which stage are you?

8. SHOCKED → DISCONCERTED → APATHETIC: What was the logic behind providing an end game whose rewards are outdone by the mini-tour that gets us there? Edited by GalacticKegger

Honestly I fully expect them to do a 'we hear you' post and reverse this decision. Frankly though if the development team can't come to the blindingly obvious right decision here on their own, I've got no more faith or patience to wait around for new operations content. Half my progression guild has quit since KotFE launched, people that I've been with since practically launch, and I just don't have the heart nor the inclination to find a new group.

I'd be very disappointed in BW if they said nothing further about this topic.

A little guide to player feedback for the devs.

How to tell a decision you made is f*cked up: Announce said decision, that is only releavant for the tiniest part of your player base, read hardcore raiders, and have even PvP'ers, RP'ers and solo players tell you that it's beyond stupid.

Then stay silent over the topic and announce more cartel market stuff.

On a serious note, half my raid group unsubbed by now.

We have all Operation Achievements. We have all that shiny stuff NiM awards.

We killed nearly all of the NiM bosses again since 4.0, with only Council and Brontes being left.

We're done Bioware. And you not only give us no incentive to stay subbed, no. You're not even giving us a reason to come back any time soon.

This is honestly the worst decision I've ever seen made in the history of ANY mmorpg. Nightmare operations should drop either 228 or 224 gear -guaranteed-. Otherwise, there is next to 0 reason to do them.

IF a new Op doesn't drop at beginning of next year, raiding in this game will be dead. I already have a feeling I'm going to lose many guildies over this....

Edited by LordSathra

Come on now suddenly everybody is nim raider....jo jo dont make me laugh...

Well, it depends what you define as a NIM raider, only someone who clears them or also players who just try it, clear some bosses but are unable to get further?

And the problem isn't really that there is no guaranteed 224 token drop in NIM, it is the handling and communication of the whole situation that upsets people.

The silence about any group content and half hearted excuse for this "bug" now speaks loud about intentions and the direction this part of the game is headed to, regardless of which difficulty you actually prefer. And as someone who enjoys raiding and group content it is not encouraging at all. It doesn't matter if you are a NIM raider or not.

If there were vanity items or new titles mounts, empty shells for a special look, just something rewarding players who did all these operations before for their effort, it would be different. But as the old NIM looks are gone and there is nothing new instead, the non stat related "rewards" are now less than before. As far as i know even the decorations aren't NIM exclusive.

Everything that motivates players to do NIM isn't present anymore. Even challenge for sake of the challenge isn't there, because it is old content, already done and cleared by those who are interested in the challenge, it isn't a new challenge when the only thing new is the player level. No working out strategies, no progression race or healthy competition to draw motivation from, no special gear and the existing vanity items were already earned before. So why play NIM?

For myself i can say i'm not really a NIM raider, but at the same time i did them in the past and probably will do them again if my raiding group, my guild and my own subscription survives the holidays.

I have no real interest in NIM mode as "the thing to do" or brag about. Gear don't interest me either or if it does, only a certain look, but not stats as they are just a means to an end.

Titles or mounts are nice but nothing more.

Me and my group actually started doing NIMs because there was nothing else left to do for raiding. Since BW increased the time until a new operation is released by a large margin, we just don't have an alternative after we managed to clear the HC modes. Before, we just finished HC when a new operation came and were happy to skip NIM and start with the new one.

My first NIM content was DF/DP, mainly because of the long content drought. We didn't clear them pre 3.0, because of several reasons, from lack of ability, a class setup far from what would be ideal and not enough motivation to put in the time or effort required to get further.

So we only got the titles and mounts after 3.0, but we have them now and that leaves again pure boredom with the other remaining raiding content as the only reason to go in NIM.

The only "new" boss for us is Revan HC, which we are doing at the moment. Everything else was cleared before, is known well and as we still don't reroll or force players to play certain classes or disciplines and know our weaknesses we know where we will hit the wall in NIMs again and while we had our fun wiping at Brontes for months it isn't really something we want to repeat.

Fact is, new group content isn't even dawning on the horizon, the last statement is several month old, telling "after the release of the expansion" and all we got since then is silence and this "statement" now.

My subsciption has 28 days left and at the moment i really don't know if i'll buy a new GTC, i know that half of my group has the same thoughts, some already cancelled their subsciption.

As a side note as anecdotal evidence, shortly after 3.0 we had many motivated players, enough for 4 raid groups with varying aims from casual to semi progression, 2 groups died over the summer and after the announcement of no new operations with expansion release. The most progressive group is no surprise but oddly enough the most casual group died too, with the same reason "no new ops". Even casual players don't want to repeat the same stuff they already did endlessly.

Now a month after KOTFE we have 2 groups left which have huge problems to find replacements for players who already left or those who lost all their motivation and only log in because the group couldn't replace them yet and they have still some weeks playtime left.

no sticky? lol

just forget nim and grind the alliance to build an alliance, all being sub for 8 months to play hk, that will be challenging :(

but don't worry, we can always go back pvpin once BETTERTHANCROSSSERVER drops.

i'll add a suggestion, why don't the devs enlight FP too? i think i could use a 224 mh drpping from malgus

Half my raid team have now unsubbed aswell. We are just not happy with the direction of which the game is going. I will still be around using passes to play warzones and such but no more raiding from me.

Take care all, its been a great last few years :confused: