fun idea: Summon Random Companion button!

jstankaroslo

Well, the Random Mount button needs a selectable list... a Random Mount from within this pre-approved list.

As well, the Random Pet button needs a selectable list... a Random Pet from within this pre-approved list.

This Random Companion button would also be acceptable... but, only if you could get a Random Companion from (wait for it) a pre-approved list.

^^ good idea

Ofc some will whine "whatabout influence", but who cares... MUST HAVE DIS BUTTON!

This post suddenly has me wondering if they could add (or if they would even consider adding) some sort of generic "alliance influence" or "squad influence" as a separate number from the specific companion amounts. Maybe it's an average of companion amounts or maybe it's its own separate thing to level up like social and valor. But have that as a factor in companion strength as well, moving the baseline from which the companion's own rank moves them up from. Or maybe it's activated as a buff with the random companion button (and deactivated when they're dismissed/replaced) and it overrides the companion influence rank with the squad rank, replacing the regular rank instead of adding to it.

edit: Hmmm, that point about dismissing... Getting on your speeder counts as dismissing the companion, so that would wipe this proposed buff out. Wouldn't the resummon when getting off the speeder then just count as a regular summon? No buff? I don't think it would randomize again. It would just be as if you had originally summoned that specific companion.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

I like it. I'm currently running with m ship droid because I'm trying to get that "kill 2500 enemies" achieve. But once that's done, I don't care.
That's what I'm doing, too.

First C2 then 2V.

After that, I've got a few random companion kill achievements to finish off but once that's done, a random companion button would be fun.

That's what I'm doing, too.

First C2 then 2V.

After that, I've got a few random companion kill achievements to finish off but once that's done, a random companion button would be fun.

Same here. They are too many and are more of the same, many of them can't be customized, the alien ones talk too much in battle. I really hope there is a special role for them in the story. Yes, I'm talking about the SF recruits.

• 1 year later...

Sure as an additional feature. I won't really make use of it however.

I bet I'll get Lana all the time anyway. She'll have the highest summoning chance.:rak_03: All jokes aside, not all my companions are 50 and those are typically the only ones I use. :)

I do see two years have passed since this thread.:rak_03:

Bringing this thread back up. I totally support this idea.

I want to say holy necro post, Batman! Well, I mean, I guess I just did. :D

But even if the OP was originally joking. I could see it as a neat fluff feature to consider now since we already have vehicles and pet options for this. As Esh pointed out... many of us won't use it. Unless, maybe, they could also add the *favorites* feature that exist with the other two items this would mirror.

OR...wait for it......instead of a random comp button a combat support button for when you are in combat but comp died or disappeared and you did not notice. Can only be used once while in combat and resets upon exiting combat (stealthies don't cheat) and IT summons a random companion for you. This way you can't cheat and say "No, not you FFS" and just hit it again. :) Would have to be deactivated while in a FP. Otherwise it would take forever to wipe a bad group. :( Edited by Malphicious