Producer Letter Livestream Wrap-up

EricMusco

LOL I found your comment amusing ... not intimidating

LoL sorry you rolled a natural 1 on intimidation check :)

The rest is just your opinion and your welcome to it . It is not fact in any way shape or form.

I competently disagree with your evaluations...personally i feel i have gotten way more value than i have spent.

Ohh and you didn't answer my question ..i even made it yellow :)

Bioware loves players like you... for the simple reason that you don't complain. Now i must ask you one thing. Is it really that bad of a thing that people are upset that they have COMPLETELY changed the direction of their game that many of us have invested countless hours and money into?

I just think it would be fair if they at least tried to please the players who enjoy group content don't you?

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable.

This was unprecedented? What about people that have been subscribing for the last 4 years? Its not much of a subscriber reward and more of trying to get people to subscribe while they wait on the next chapter.

As for the feedback, has all the negative feedback been ignored, cause the forums have far more negative than positive but you seemed to have missed that off the feedback. Not to mention how many of the people you quoted are still subscribing/playing. Or perhaps they thought it was great first play through, then second when they realized none of the choices matter, the story, dialogue etc are all the same and space bar became their friend?

Speaking of choices that matter, two choices in the next chapter. Here is a guess, we get the choice to recruit Kaliyo or kill her. The consequence of which will be she joins our roster of 27 companions available or she doesn't. Its unlikely that either will have any effect on the wider game and more than likely never heard from again.

I take it we will be recruiting every non basic speaking companion before the alliance is done. It seems unlikely certain companions will ever be seen again at this rate.

As for lots to do over the Holiday period, that would be a rehash of the same events that have remained unchanged for the last 2 years? Once again long term subs are ignored while the plan is to get new players who can enjoy rewards for subbing.

As for the crafting changes that seems strange, as far as I'm aware 220 gear can be crafted, so the next tier is 224? Or maybe cut the special target ops out and go for 230?

Hows about you start looking at critical feedback.

The lack of class balance.

The lack of PvP

The lack of end game content

The lack of new companion customization

The lack of GSF

The lack of an economy

You aren't giving people much intensive to log in, so rather than fix the issues you offer bribes to keep them subscribed. After the Nico crap I think people may be seeing through this.

minority

If I am fed up. If I'm at my breaking point, you can bet your *** a hell of a lot of other people are too.

CE owner here :rolleyes: a minority from minority :D, and my faith in these devs as a real MMO dev team has died already. Also my old republic guild went from 10-20+ players online before KOTFE to 0-3 after a few weeks of KOTFE. And i can't blame them. :(

Edited by Glower

Unbelievable.

As for lots to do over the Holiday period, that would be a rehash of the same events that have remained unchanged for the last 2 years? Once again long term subs are ignored while the plan is to get new players who can enjoy rewards for subbing.

This so much! I used to love the Gree event, but I've done it so many times that I can't be bothered to care anymore unless I need to buy a new legacy off hand. Same with the Rakghoul event. I won't even mention Bounty Contract week, because we have it every month. Who cares. Is is so much to ask for a new event? Or at least a new twist on the old ones? Even some new rewards? Something?

Bioware loves players like you... for the simple reason that you don't complain. Now i must ask you one thing. Is it really that bad of a thing that people are upset that they have COMPLETELY changed the direction of their game that many of us have invested countless hours and money into?

I just think it would be fair if they at least tried to please the players who enjoy group content don't you?

And if they wont please us at least tell us that were done and to find a new game that can deliver new warzones and operations. I've waited almost a year for a new op and nearly 2 for a new warzone. Its insulting that Bioware can toss us aside, people who fuel the game economy, who are pugging raids and building this community, and make this game for players like @_novablast_ If that is they people Bioware wants to keep... well f*** you too ill go play wow.

Edited by SiTHLORDCilus

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I truly think they haven't forgotten. They just do not have the time and resources to do anything outside of KOTFE chapters save for the part of the team that designs different skins and item models as that stuff is already done for the next chapters. Combat and level designers are all tied up.

This might be true, but the complete lack of communication regarding a timeframe for end-game content implies that none is anywhere near release. If the next chapter is coming in about 2 months what hope is there for these long time subscribers that end-game content will arrive before Chapter 16 in August? That's too long, those players won't be here in August.

They are ...there are multi-players playing in the same environment at the same time and its online

.... that is pretty much the definition of MMO

Indeed. I said, "this is an MMO."

What I said after that was "please treat it like one." An MMO needs new multiplayer content, which has not been delivered.

I mean, I'm citing actual hours of game play versus the amount that those games cost. That's not my opinion, that's fact. If you're okay with paying $11.50 / hour for game content that's fine. More power to you. I'm guessing that you're in the minority. In fact, I'm almost sure that you are based on what I've read on the forums and on reddit. Most people clearly expect more from swtor, and from Bioware. I am one of them. Only time will tell who is right.

And if you answer my question in yellow you would have your answer ....

my ACTUAL HOURS of game play of game content probably far exceed your own. Who knows my total game play time in swtor may even far exceed your own.

If you are just calculating the amount of time it takes to go though content one time and making your base on that then you are simply doctoring the results to your own needs.

And if they wont please us at least tell us that were done and to find a new game that can deliver new warzones and operations. I've waited almost a year for a new op and nearly 2 for a new warzone. Its insulting that Bioware can toss us aside, people who fuel the game economy, who are pugging raids and building this community, and make this game for players like @_novablast_ If that is they people Bioware wants to keep... well f*** you too ill go play wow

Exactly! If they are done producing content for players like us, fair enough. But please tell us so we can make an educated decision. They owe us that much for supporting them for so long. I am probably unsubbing and going to wow after seeing the livestream, but if they were to announce literally anything multiplayer, I might stick around for a bit. If there are no ops/warzones on the horizon just tell us! If there are ops/warzones on the horizon tell us! We don't care if they are done, we just want to know the direction the game is headed. As of right now, we are not happy with it.

This so much! I used to love the Gree event, but I've done it so many times that I can't be bothered to care anymore unless I need to buy a new legacy off hand. Same with the Rakghoul event. I won't even mention Bounty Contract week, because we have it every month. Who cares. Is is so much to ask for a new event? Or at least a new twist on the old ones? Even some new rewards? Something?

I still don't quite understand why the two neglected classes for class companions (smuggler and bounty hunter) to return in KotFE, didn't have two of the characters most suited to Bounty Week (Akaavi and Torian), receive alerts for their recruitment during Bounty Week. Even if it went unannounced, it would have been a pleasant surprise and a something during the time SWTOR is laying fallow. *shrug*

Indeed. I said, "this is an MMO."

What I said after that was "please treat it like one." An MMO needs new multiplayer content, which has not been delivered.

well if you are referring to multiplayer content as ops and pvp... etc ...then your wrong. as i have stated above. It is not a "requirement" of a mmo.

Edited by _NovaBlast_

[*]Be a subscriber continuously from January 11th through the launch of Chapter 16, and receive an entire bonus Chapter where you will play as HK-55!

-eric

Just a lazy naked cashgrab. Why the hell should i stay subbed continuously till who knows when you are (as always) not really releasing any content and there is nothing new to do in the game but grind old stuff?

I don't think any SWTOR veteran is in the least bit surprised that you can't keep to you one chapter a month schedule. Really you guys have never been able to release anything on time ever.

It will probably be 2017 by the time Chapter 16 comes...

No thanks. You can keep your HK-55 game. I'll probably use that money to buy some other game

OMG.. that's all. That can't be true! The whole game has fallen back into a beta-status. There are so many things that need to be fixed. Game-Update 4.1 in Feb? That can't be serious. What about class balancing? What about new content? What about all the promises the devs made after 3.0? We need some answers, and we need it very soon.

Most of the guilds on our server are dying,... our whole server is dying, and no silver linings on the horizon. :(

well if you are referring to multiplayer content as ops and pvp... etc ...then your wrong. as i have stated above. It is not a "requirement" of a mmo.

If that is the case why not just rename the game to "kotor 3 with people who say controversial stuff in gen chat" To quote a movie "what you've just said [above] is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

And if you answer my question in yellow you would have your answer ....

my ACTUAL HOURS of game play of game content probably far exceed your own. Who knows my total game play time in swtor may even far exceed your own.

If you are just calculating the amount of time it takes to go though content one time and making your base on that then you are simply doctoring the results to your own needs.

I feel that you're having trouble seeing my point. Okay. Let's go back a bit, because it occurs to me that you never answered my original question. I understand that you enjoy playing the story. I understand that you replay it. What I don't understand is what the point of a multiplayer game with no multiplayer content is. Why do all of these people need to be here if there is no reason to group? Because as it stands, I see no reason for them to be here.

To which post are you referring? I have only made two posts in this thread so far, so I'm not sure which post you mean.

Also, please remember that "your" is the possessive of "you."

If you want to say that I am wrong, you would use "you're," a contraction of "you are."

To which post are you referring? I have only made two posts in this thread so far, so I'm not sure which post you mean.

Also, please remember that "your" is the possessive of "you."

If you want to say that I am wrong, you would use "you're," a contraction of "you are."

You. I like you.

If you have any questions about the stream or anything else, throw them in this thread and I will work with Ben on getting them answered. Thanks!

-eric

"Any questions about the stream or anything else"... I thought you read these forums? There is such a huge amount of questions it's not even funny anymore. But just a few:

1) Any ETA on NiM loot fix?

2) Any word on class balance?

2a) Any explanation on all the ninja nerfs that happened with 4.0 that weren't even mentioned in the patchnotes and that are a huge part of the mess that is class balance right now?

3) Any word on new content? Doesn't matter if it's operations, Flashpoints, PvP... Anything that isn't a KotFE Chapter?

4) Anything regarding tuning of FP's and OP's? Most NiM bosses need a huge buff to be even considered called NiM again. And some tactical bosses are just way overtuned for the intended audience.

Ah, why do I even post this? We won't be getting answers on this anyway.

Edited by Torvai

Interpretations aside, its reasonable to expect the above mentioned types of multiplayer content to be delivered in a game that has historically provided it.

That said, the point is were simply looking for an actual definitive word from the developers. That's it. I do not see how that is in some way a position that needs defense.

According to the July post, they were planning on "starting on" new Operations content at some point after the normalization of existing content. In the last 12+ months, that's the sole actual reference to the potential existence of plans for a new Operation. Anything else I've seen has either been hearsay or, more frequently, interpretive speculation.

Eric, please - can we get someone to lay out a roadmap of this game for the next 6-12 months WRT Operations content? Specifically, what the timeline is for when we can expect new Ops to appear?

I think for a sizable portion of your subscribers this is a far more important factor in deciding whether to continue subscribing to your game than reskinned companions and/or 90 minute story chapters.

Petition to rename this forum to properly represent what its here for: 'A place for you ungrateful subs to bitc# and moan' we here at Bioware work hard to ignore ALL of these complaints and bug reports you people keep on finding. All you're here for is to pay our bills, take our story were giving you and shut the hell up!

Before 90% of this thread jumps on me, this is my attempt at satire, poking fun at this "unprecedented" announcement.

All regarding regaining hk-55

1) This is the same HK unit Arcan "killed" and we go retrieve and fix him, or another of the same model?

2) As the story progresses will the story be in any way different because he's alive.... like how the Cantina party at the end of Ch 9 is different if you have treek or HK-51 or both?

3) Will there be any interaction between HK-51 and HK-55????

I feel that you're having trouble seeing my point. Okay. Let's go back a bit, because it occurs to me that you never answered my original question. I understand that you enjoy playing the story. I understand that you replay it. What I don't understand is what the point of a multiplayer game with no multiplayer content is. Why do all of these people need to be here if there is no reason to group? Because as it stands, I see no reason for them to be here.

i agree with this persons answer to that same question and Just becase you see any point doesn't mean there is not one and probably is why you cant see mine and why you seem to get so low $ value.

We interact. We chat. We trade. We help each other. Grouping is optional, which means that yes, it sometimes happens, and sometimes it doesn't. Kinda like the real world, really. Sometime I carpool, sometimes I don't.

Just like them have helped people at times who have need it in the open world.

My question on HK-55 would be: How does playing a droid work? Is it similar to the Imperial Agent quest where you click a quest item and get a droid costume? Or will you actually play as a different NPC?

From the livestream:

Eric Musco: And again, you play as HK, which is something we have done before.

Ben Irving: Have not done it before. It's some new stuff we're working on, it's really exciting. So I think you guys will love it when it comes out.

In other story-based games, you can play multiple player characters, each with their own story and choices. But KotFE is different because you only control one character of the story.

Can we expect to see more chapters like this bonus chapter now that you have the tech for it? Or will it just be a droid costume like in the IA story?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.