Subscribers

omaan

If we want to get more subscribers we must give them more benefits!!! I don't mean making big disbalance between preferred players and f2p players,but 500 CC per month is really low including the fact that CM has so many things which you can't get in game!!!Subscribers still don't have even access to all emotes,to all races for each class (we need to spend much money (1.5 mill) or again - CC to open one race for each class). There won't be more subs until subscribing becomes really valuable.

So $15 a month for full access to the game and all its subscriptions AND an additional $5 worth of CC a month isn't enough? :rolleyes:

They don't need to give Subscribers any more than the game already had. You've needed to unlock legacy races from the beginning. Why should that be different now exactly? We have all the emotes that came with the game and you can spend that 500 CC each month on more if you want.

If you think you're not getting enough out of the game for your barely more than a movie ticket price then by all means don't pay it, but I for one completely disagree with you on it and feel I get plenty.

Well, if you ignore all the other subscriber rewards you get from time to time, access to KotFE that you can't get without being a sub, and all the preferred/F2P restrictions that subs don't have to deal with...yeah, you're right, sub's not really worth much.

ETA: Also, you can unlock a species for all classes by leveling up a character of that species to 50. For example, leveling a Chiss Agent to 50 will unlock the Chiss species for all classes. With the beefed-up XP, that doesn't take very long.

Edited by thebobmaster

Actually he is right, they didnt make Subscription worth while, they made it so that if you are not a sub your life will be miserable.

Lets face it this game has by far the worst f2p model ever. I love SWTOR and will keep subbing, but if i ever drop a sub i could not play 1 day as prefered.

Actually he is right, they didnt make Subscription worth while, they made it so that if you are not a sub your life will be miserable.

Lets face it this game has by far the worst f2p model ever. I love SWTOR and will keep subbing, but if i ever drop a sub i could not play 1 day as prefered.

A sub is as worthwhile as it was before F2P, only now you get 500 CC to make up for the fact that they added a store and now you also get the expansions. Its premium that is less than worthwhile. Just because a game goes F2P doesn't mean the subscription suddenly becomes less worthwhile, unless being free or premium is a really good deal.

So $15 a month for full access to the game and all its subscriptions AND an additional $5 worth of CC a month isn't enough? :rolleyes:

They don't need to give Subscribers any more than the game already had. You've needed to unlock legacy races from the beginning. Why should that be different now exactly? We have all the emotes that came with the game and you can spend that 500 CC each month on more if you want.

If you think you're not getting enough out of the game for your barely more than a movie ticket price then by all means don't pay it, but I for one completely disagree with you on it and feel I get plenty.

Iam a sub and i don't have all emotes. When i try to use some it says "you need to subscribe or buy it from cartel packs".... you know allmost everything that subs have - preff status players have too (but a bit lower),so people just get a subscription for 1-2 month,get full pve/pvp gear and then they become preff status with restrictions on warzone,ops and other things they actually don't need (because they have already geared during theyr subscription). So yes,subscription must have something more valuable,so people wanted it.Besides when game has many things that EVEN SUBS can't get in game (cool gear,mounts,crystals] this is very bad.... subs must have opportunity to get everything they want from game and as a sub i see that i can't get what i want because i have only 1000 CC. and there is no way to get what i want during the game... all other MMO gives theyr subs a chance to get ALL THEY want,they need just to work for it (kill some bosses to get cool mount,do some quests to get cool transmog gear) and in SWTOR we must buy it for CC because there is no other way to get it,even though we are subs. Game isn't giving us all we want...

Edited by omaan

all other MMO gives theyr subs a chance to get ALL THEY want,they need just to work for it (kill some bosses to get cool mount,do some quests to get cool transmog gear) and in SWTOR we must buy it for CC because there is no other way to get it,even though we are subs. Game isn't giving us all we want...

This is complete bull. Almost every F2P MMO has things in their shops that are exclusive to the shop. In fact SWTOR is the only one I've seen that let's you sell/trade/buy all shop items from other players. It's the only game I know of that is F2P and a sub could legitimately get anything without paying in the cash shop.

This is complete bull. Almost every F2P MMO has things in their shops that are exclusive to the shop. In fact SWTOR is the only one I've seen that let's you sell/trade/buy all shop items from other players. It's the only game I know of that is F2P and a sub could legitimately get anything without paying in the cash shop.

I guess now it's my turn to say "This is complete bull***".

I guess now it's my turn to say "This is complete bull***".

Okay what other mmo do I know let's you do this? Since that's what I said.

But more seriously I am genuinely curios which ones let you never once interact with their cash shop and still let you get everything. That includes things like extra character slots.

Edited by Trobon

Iam a sub and i don't have all emotes. When i try to use some it says "you need to subscribe or buy it from cartel packs".... you know allmost everything that subs have - preff status players have too (but a bit lower),so people just get a subscription for 1-2 month,get full pve/pvp gear and then they become preff status with restrictions on warzone,ops and other things they actually don't need (because they have already geared during theyr subscription). So yes,subscription must have something more valuable,so people wanted it.Besides when game has many things that EVEN SUBS can't get in game (cool gear,mounts,crystals] this is very bad.... subs must have opportunity to get everything they want from game and as a sub i see that i can't get what i want because i have only 1000 CC. and there is no way to get what i want during the game... all other MMO gives theyr subs a chance to get ALL THEY want,they need just to work for it (kill some bosses to get cool mount,do some quests to get cool transmog gear) and in SWTOR we must buy it for CC because there is no other way to get it,even though we are subs. Game isn't giving us all we want...

So your complaint is that subs don't automatically get every cartel item for free?

You can get everything in-game. Build up your in-game credits and buy it off the GTN.

You can get everything in-game. Build up your in-game credits and buy it off the GTN.

Which not only means you never have to even interact with the cash shop (which so far no one has told me what other mmos have this) but is also waaay better than trading gold for gems or whatever rmt currency the game uses. In those models you get so much less bang for your buck and still have to interact with all the RNG issues cash shops usually have.

Well, if you ignore all the other subscriber rewards you get from time to time, access to KotFE that you can't get without being a sub, and all the preferred/F2P restrictions that subs don't have to deal with...yeah, you're right, sub's not really worth much.

ETA: Also, you can unlock a species for all classes by leveling up a character of that species to 50. For example, leveling a Chiss Agent to 50 will unlock the Chiss species for all classes. With the beefed-up XP, that doesn't take very long.

Well a f2p can play KotFE if they pay 29.99 AFAIK

There are less sub with each month. If they won't make it more valuable i think there won't be any at all. SWTOR MMO system is strange at all:f2p, useless sub (if you already got 65 and all best gear), selling new expansion for money and than making it free. It's stupid to compare swtor with other MMO because this one is strange and hybrid

There are less sub with each month. If they won't make it more valuable i think there won't be any at all. SWTOR MMO system is strange at all:f2p, useless sub (if you already got 65 and all best gear), selling new expansion for money and than making it free. It's stupid to compare swtor with other MMO because this one is strange and hybrid

Subs went up 33% according to EAs quarterly report.

http://news.ea.com/press-release/company-news/electronic-arts-reports-q2-fy16-financial-results

I know I am one of those new subs back after a year and half off.

well my sub runs out next week and I going to preferred for the time being. The new cartel market packs are not benefiting subscribers. I am still of the opinion we need a sub token, which one buys any bronze item, two buy a silver, and three buy a gold. The key is that they buy any item possible from a random pack and don't have to take a chance on obtaining what they want.

btw, how many characters will I have active after going preferred? Is it two or six?

They could just actually be a designer/developer for once and make NEW content for Pve, pvp, etc... i mean its not that hard. Putting effort into fluff and then complaining they don't have resources new ops is an oxymoron, because they clearly have resources to put into fluff... huehuehue

They could just actually be a designer/developer for once and make NEW content for Pve, pvp, etc... i mean its not that hard. Putting effort into fluff and then complaining they don't have resources new ops is an oxymoron, because they clearly have resources to put into fluff... huehuehue

copy pasting because I dont care to type it all out again

Oh look yet another person who refuses to recognise that the teams are separate entities.

This is just as bad as the pvp people whining when they work on something besides making it easier for them to kill other people via pixel :rolleyes:

Yes we get it, you don't want them to work on anything that's not of interest of you. I have zero interest in pvp and gsf, but I don't come to the forums and start frothing at the mouth if they decide to work on something else.

Do I want bug fixes? Yep. Do I want more story quests? Yep, sure do! Do I want new decorations, weapons, and new armor weapon sets? Yep! Everyone seems to forget that they have different teams working on different projects at any given time, which is why I shake my head when people go rabid when what they want isn't presented to them on a platter.

Bobs job is making powdered donuts. Nicks job is making lattes but he is putting in the new machine right now. But you want Bob to stop making donuts to make you a latte, and have a tantrum when that's not his job...

and if your tantruming because you think they are "Wasting time making fluff" because of the HK stuff:

You dont honestly think they up and did all this HK stuff seperately just as a fluffy bonus for subs right?

Especially with how quickly it came about, you know Bioware, quick doesnt apply (4 month Ravager exploit anyone?)

This was most likely set to be part of one of the later KOTFE chapters, but then when the giant fubar with the companions happened and people started marching with the pitchforks someone had the idea of using it as a "gift"

Bioware letting you play as a companion is old hat, remember when you got thrown in the dungeon in Dragon Age and you had to pick and play as two of your companions to "rescue yourself"?

So this wasnt something new they "wasted time on" to spite all the people tantruming for new ops and warzones, this is just already planned content relegated elsewhere as damage control and tide-you-along carrots on sticks.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Love to have a official quote here. I can wait.

And no, go learn the meaning of oxymoron please.

Edited by LordJestR

Yes, because designing an item is clearly the same as designing an Operation. :rolleyes:

Think about the map, the enemies, the AI, any puzzle elements, ensuring the experience is "balanced" for various group members, etc.

You see where this is going?

Okay what other mmo do I know let's you do this? Since that's what I said.

But more seriously I am genuinely curios which ones let you never once interact with their cash shop and still let you get everything. That includes things like extra character slots.

Coming in late, apologies. There's a difference between "never interact with their cash shop" and "not pay in the cash shop". Well, assuming that we mean "not pay real money". If you read the Allods Online forums long enough, you'll run across posts by a player calling himself "ALLODS_ONLINE_PLAYER" who has played the game for years, and has never once paid (his word: "donated") any real money, but nevertheless has most of the things you can get in the cash shop.

Indeed, he takes pride in never paying for anything in the game. Instead, he trades gold to an in-game vendor for cash shop currency (i.e. buys CCs for credits), then uses that to buy what he needs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.