Mass pulled 18 Jedi in Heroic 2+ Recruitment

Deyjarl

Mass pulled Jedi in Heroic 2+ Recruitment (Empire Nar Shadda), 18 at once. Used defensive skills and a medpac, otherwise influence 5 HK-51 healed through it fine.

This can't be what they intended. The mission before 1 group pull on level was a decent fight (3 jedi). 2 You could may be pull off (6 jedi) but most likely were dead. This was 6 groups.

Yeah of course for all you put away your companion for a challenge people... Powertech. And I have been for quite a few things. But only so much you can do without heals.

Is this really how nerfed people want the game?

Edit: forgot used Unity did not use Heroic Moment.

Edit 2: Lowest I got was 40% which triggered Kolto Overload. HK droped to 25 because I initially missed 4 or so adds that got on him.

This right here is why people in the MMO community can't get any nice things , go away dude .. far far away.

Is this a joke or is the op retarded ?

Cause yeah playing a tank class means you can tank, Congratulations you want a cookie ? or a brain ?

Now try this with a squishy class (sorc dps, ia sniper etc) because we're not all playing a tank class, and post a video of course next time...

I think you just need to l2p...i do the same thing the op described on my dps sorc. My MM sniper. My hatred sin. My veng jug. My concealment op. My dps merc and i do it all with companion in dps spec most of the time. I also for an extra challenge do this without a companion.

No i am not a god. Just an average player that takes time to read/use all the abilities at my disposal

Edited by masstershake

I think you just need to l2p...i do the same thing the op described on my dps sorc. My MM sniper. My hatred sin. My veng jug. My concealment op. My dps merc and i do it all with companion in dps spec most of the time. I also for an extra challenge do this without a companion.

No i am not a god. Just an average player that takes time to read/use all the abilities at my disposal

Its true, star fortress is actually easier now, was it nerfed?

Im on hoth still trying to find an heroic that wipes me.

Some people apparently can only press a buttin when they have to fart..

Heroics were no challenge - at all.

It was pointed out that it was too easy - that you shouldn't be able to AFK your way through a heroic Star Fortress for example

BW made adjustments

Heroics were suddenly a little bit difficult. Defensive and CC's were required to complete them

Loads of people cried their little tears and threatened to leave the game - wet their nappies, etc

BW made "slight" adjustments

You can now AFK your way through all heroics (yes, even as a Sage/Sorcerer etc)

The kids are happy once more - back to where we were, no challenge etc.

So OP - as intended is the only response really.

You've got to remember that SWTOR is currently at it's most "dumbed down" level ever.

I mean, take a brand new level 1. Run all quests on the starter planet, fun a heroic to clear the "introduction to...." quest and then run a couple of Warzones to clear the "introduction to...." missions and you'll be mid to high 20's in level before you even reach the second planet.

"Planetary cap or not" - just because your level is reduced doesn't mean your effectiveness has been.

Not sure why BW want to turn this game into a two button, AFK combat system - but they have.

Heroics were no challenge - at all.

It was pointed out that it was too easy - that you shouldn't be able to AFK your way through a heroic Star Fortress for example

BW made adjustments

Heroics were suddenly a little bit difficult. Defensive and CC's were required to complete them

Loads of people cried their little tears and threatened to leave the game - wet their nappies, etc

BW made "slight" adjustments

You can now AFK your way through all heroics (yes, even as a Sage/Sorcerer etc)

The kids are happy once more - back to where we were, no challenge etc.

So OP - as intended is the only response really.

You've got to remember that SWTOR is currently at it's most "dumbed down" level ever.

I mean, take a brand new level 1. Run all quests on the starter planet, fun a heroic to clear the "introduction to...." quest and then run a couple of Warzones to clear the "introduction to...." missions and you'll be mid to high 20's in level before you even reach the second planet.

"Planetary cap or not" - just because your level is reduced doesn't mean your effectiveness has been.

Not sure why BW want to turn this game into a two button, AFK combat system - but they have.

I find it funny that you thought they were "a little bit difficult" lol! If that's difficult for you, wow...to me, they were simply 100% annoying, not "difficult". They became just tedious and unfun...not difficult.

That's some serious mass, are you sure it was mass that pulled the Jedi? It might have been cookies, cookies are probably more powerful than mass at pulling Jedi.

Cookies have mass. A whole lot of cookies would contain a whole lot of mass, and exert a significant gravitational pull.

What were we talking about again?

Edited by MaximilianPower

Cookies have mass. A whole lot of cookies would contain a whole lot of mass, and exert a significant gravitational pull.

What were talking about again?

The Postulate of the Baras-Cookie Paradox. Can Baras consume more cookies to increase his mass to exceed the mass of the cookies being consumed?

HA! You need to l2p better...I can pull the entire planet of Ord Mantell and Hammer Shot them all down without falling below 98%...if this game is too hard for you, maybe you should go play something more ur speed...I heard Lego's was coming out with a new game soon.

TUXe, you are on quite a roll today across these threads, kudos to you sir, made me actually LoL several times already :)

You pull 18+ mobs at once on a veng jug without a companion? Sure...

I'd say its situational. There are some regular <non-heroic> missions that still rank as hard until you figure them out.

One in particular on Oricon I can never do with my comp set as either tank or heal - I have to set my comp to DPS, then its a breeze. Otherwise I'm dead. :-) The mission with that octopus -looking boss.

You pull 18+ mobs at once on a veng jug without a companion? Sure...

To clarify no. I dont do it w/o a companion on my jug. But the old dps set bonus does cause reflect to heal so it would probably be doable. I do it w/o a companion on my madness sorc/sin and merc cause they can heal up with dots/other abilities. I do use a companion on dps for most others.

Edited by masstershake

I find it funny that you thought they were "a little bit difficult" lol! If that's difficult for you, wow...to me, they were simply 100% annoying, not "difficult". They became just tedious and unfun...not difficult.

if this game is too hard for you, maybe you should go play something more ur speed...I heard Lego's was coming out with a new game soon.

If this game is too annoying or tedious for you maybe YOU should be the one going to find something else to do instead of spouting off your input all over the place into content that others might actually ENJOY doing in a time consuming or challenging manner all so you can get through it quicker?

After all you are still doing that content, it hasn't changed. All that has changed is you can do it quicker so by that logic it is now just less tedious yet you are still doing something tedious.

See we now get nerfs and stupid basic content because people like you have been there and done that a million times that you just want to speed through it all rather than have to actually work for it, all this at the expense of others.

Now because of this simplistic approach and catering to casuals and veterans getting on the "anti grind" bandwagon you've helped give them even less reason to add operations because all this entire fiasco has taught us is that the majority hates group and/or challenging content so why waste development resources on group content when they can give you more story/casual content where using your brain to get through is an afterthought.

You're helping get less of the thing you argued so vehemently for previously ( more operations after the announcement there would none for KoTFE ) which I find somewhat poetic personally. :)

Mass pulled Jedi in Heroic 2+ Recruitment (Empire Nar Shadda), 18 at once. Used defensive skills and a medpac, otherwise influence 5 HK-51 healed through it fine.

This can't be what they intended. The mission before 1 group pull on level was a decent fight (3 jedi). 2 You could may be pull off (6 jedi) but most likely were dead. This was 6 groups.

Yeah of course for all you put away your companion for a challenge people... Powertech. And I have been for quite a few things. But only so much you can do without heals.

Is this really how nerfed people want the game?

Edit: forgot used Unity did not use Heroic Moment.

Edit 2: Lowest I got was 40% which triggered Kolto Overload. HK droped to 25 because I initially missed 4 or so adds that got on him.

At 51 I did the H4 on Tatooine where you have to rescue the four prisoners from the raiders, and taking on six mobs (four gold, two silver) me and my companion both came very close to dying, as in, I had around 15% health left and rank 15 Kira had about 20%.

Were you 65 on a low level planet with a rank 50 companion? Otherwise, i don't believe a word of it.

Edited by Vember

I call BS.

Similar scenario happened to me on my Merc where I pulled about 2 groups but I fell way below 40% hp. (under 1000hp)

I've pulled 2, then got knocked back into 3. Killed 2 and then knock backed into 3 more. 6 at the same time, there was a brief "kiss my ars good bye moment* were I fell below 1000 hp and expected to die but my heal went off, a jedi trainer died and aggro was split between 3 pounding my companion and 2 trainees hitting me.

I was level 50 something, with Fractured/Yavin gear

This dude's group of 18 reeks of BS.

If my some miracle he isn't lying, there's a key bit of information he's not telling us.

Yeah of course for all you put away your companion for a challenge people... Powertech. And I have been for quite a few things.

Here's another deceptive post by a powertech, this one is a video posted to r/swtor subbreddit on reddit.com

This video claims, after patch 4.0.2, "hardest solocontent is doable within 30 minutes in bad gear."

"Bad gear" - shows fully augmented 220/224 sets/relics/earpiece and 224 weapon. Suuuure buddy, bad gear, whatever you say. Or is the one 208 implant dragging you down THAT much?

So this uploader trimmed his youtube video to remove the introduction where he moused over all his gear to show their rating and augments. I didn't even know you could edit youtube videos after uploading them. Uploader cropped or trimmed the video to exclude the character sheet mouse over introduction.

Dimitri Wessels really tried to pass off 220/224 fully augmented gear and 224 mainhand as "bad gear"

Everything he was wearing was 220 or above, only 1 augmented 208 outlander implant.

Bad gear is closer to vendor bought 208 purple outlander gear without augments. This is the gear the average player will have.

So here in this thread we have another scenario, Deyjarl, claims he can survive 18 jedi in Heroic 2+ Recruiment with the best advanced class in the game. Fails to specify what gear he's rocking. This is the second deceptive post by a powertech claiming imperviousness after patch 4.0.2.

Deyjarl, your post here is an essay to bioware on badly you want your class nerfed.

Posts like these by powertechs are going to back fire so bad once your advanced class gets nerfed.

Edited by Falensawino