The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How intense will the next patch have to be?

IMPERVIOUSCLAN

So im level 50..and...well... im absolutely starstruck about how little there is to do in this current endgam.e I usually have to switch over to play some league ranked games but... still this is kind of dumb..

THE WHOLE POINT OF AN MMO IS FOR THE END GAME. Like..there is NOTHING TO DO! im on crucible pits which is a VERY large server...and still...nothing...><...

So for the next content patch, if there isnt something to pull me in, im done.

What are your expectations.

erm your claiming the wrong problem....you have plenty to do, just nobody to do it with because you out leveled most of the population...how in the hell will a patch help that? also the answer is next month is when they are adding more flashpoints and operation bosses

erm your claiming the wrong problem....you have plenty to do, just nobody to do it with because you out leveled most of the population...how in the hell will a patch help that? also the answer is next month is when they are adding more flashpoints and operation bosses

there is 1 raid.. No competitive pvp. World pvp at ANY level is non existant. Warzones are boring and as bland as wow, if not worse.

You mean mmoRPG?

You left that last bit out there, and no, MMORPGs are no longer all about end game. In case you have not been reading or paying much attention, its been stated numerous times that this is about story and content, and not rushing through to get to 50 so you have nothing to do while you wait for end game.

What I can suggest is that you try it again Luke...this time, with the blast shield open so you can see what you might have missed on your rocket climb to end level.

So how much did you expect there would be to do only 6 days after the official release when a majority of the population probably isn't anywhere near max level? Just think about it. :rolleyes: Edited by Qoojo

So im level 50..and...well... im absolutely starstruck about how little there is to do in this current endgam.e I usually have to switch over to play some league ranked games but... still this is kind of dumb..

THE WHOLE POINT OF AN MMO IS FOR THE END GAME. Like..there is NOTHING TO DO! im on crucible pits which is a VERY large server...and still...nothing...><...

So for the next content patch, if there isnt something to pull me in, im done.

What are your expectations.

Yeah. All that matters is the end game.

Level 50 is all that matters. Going through 1-49 is just miserable ****.

My IQ dropped again. Damnit, OP.

You mean mmoRPG?

You left that last bit out there, and no, MMORPGs are no longer all about end game. In case you have not been reading or paying much attention, its been stated numerous times that this is about story and content, and not rushing through to get to 50 so you have nothing to do while you wait for end game.

What I can suggest is that you try it again Luke...this time, with the blast shield open so you can see what you might have missed on your rocket climb to end level.

What you just described is a typical single player game. Fun the first time, maybe even create a new person and start over.

But when you have to pay for a monthly subscription, most people are going to want things to do after they finished the leveling/story part of a character, otherwise why continue to pay every month?

For me it's not so much what content has been added at the end of my free month, but what they have planned. As it is now they said one more operation and one more flashpoint, I'm more interested in a better world pvp and more warzone options.

Even if I don't sub, I'll probably sub after a few content patches when there is something to do, I'm not interested in paying monthly just to create new chars and level them all to 50 if there's nothing to do at 50.

What you just described is a typical single player game. Fun the first time, maybe even create a new person and start over.

But when you have to pay for a monthly subscription, most people are going to want things to do after they finished the leveling/story part of a character, otherwise why continue to pay every month?

For me it's not so much what content has been added at the end of my free month, but what they have planned. As it is now they said one more operation and one more flashpoint, I'm more interested in a better world pvp and more warzone options.

Even if I don't sub, I'll probably sub after a few content patches when there is something to do, I'm not interested in paying monthly just to create new chars and level them all to 50 if there's nothing to do at 50.

my thoughts exactly. I would NEVER pay 15 dollars a month for a single player game.

Ok well, if indeed there isn't much to do at 50, no doubt that's a problem, and I'll probably be somewhat disappointed if that's the case. But this isn't like any other mmo, is it. The leveling experience isn't a pointless grind to be leveled through asap like it's some kind of chore, as is the case with other mmo's. It's actually very rich in content, story and lore, and to completely gloss over that in pursuit of some kind of WoW-rivalling endgame seems rather misguided, especially considering that fact that (and I know this is a cliche'd argument) WoW has had so much time to polish and expand its endgame.

People seem to be rushing, or completely skipping, existing content just in order to find a lack of something that disappoints them. In case you didn't notice, the games strength lies in its story and lore. In addition, I'm sure when more people hit 50, there will be more to do.

You mean mmoRPG?

There have been posts explaining why story mixed with MMOs don't work. The OP and your post are a testament to why it doesn't work. Story belongs in a single player game. If they wanted to make a single player game, then they should have just made a single player game. This is an MMO, and MMOs have specific qualities that make them MMOs. Endgame content is one of those specific qualities.