Who's not playing FE cuz you'll lose your companions?

jimmybob

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timely thread.

I just got my favorite character, my Bounty Hunter, past Ziost. Now she sits there because the thought of losing Torian is hurting me. When I complained about how sad I was about losing companions to my husband, he laughed and said, "that's the point".

So instead of putting my big girl pants on I've started yet another Jedi Knight because I really don't like any of those companions and Doc makes me want to vomit. Maybe I'll finally start KotFE with her. (But, stupidly enough, I am still missing Torian by not playing my lovely blue-haired ****** missile-shooting miss.)

the first (and only) character i ran through kotfe so far is my sniper. i didn't know i would be loosing my companion, or more exactly, i was under the impression it would only during the story chapter and i would get them back after. Didn't know it was permanent. I do miss the snarky comment of kaliyo.

now, i have another character 65, full 216 already, my vanguard, but i didn't want to lose my crew, so i didn't run it through kofte yet.

I do want to run a force sensitive character trough the story though, the sniper didn't make any sense. How would a simple sniper even measure in a duel against arcann, the immortal emperor. how can i stop a lightsaber with sniper rifle. Plus everyone act like my sniper is super important, even the dead emperor thinks she is special, she is just a well trained agent gone rogue. Story made no sense with a sniper, so i'm thinking running my juggernaut, surely the emperor wrath make more sense.

But i'd hate to lose vette, and her witty comment here and there. or even jaessa.

That's what insta-60s are for. Made a new character, literally treated her as such, no problems.

Everyone else is staying where they are, nice and safe. I do have some clones I might put through. But my mains are preserved.

if it works for you, that's fine, but i ususally like to drag my character (no clones) through the story and the expansions. Some characters in WoW have been created in 2004 and have been adventuring with for more than 10 years, have known many expansion and defeated countless enemy.

i treat swtor character the same usually.

I made a 60 to play KotFE. Not planning to take my existing characters through it. Especially my BH; I get a kick out of Gault and Blizz, and Torian is cool since he is Mandalorian.

Yeah, just not thrilled with the idea of loosing them, so I made a character just for playing through KotFE. For me, this was the better way to do it.

No. I haven't used the terminal to reacquire any of them yet. What happens when you give them gifts?

Nothing they say thank you or whatever but there is no gain, at least on the one I tried (Mako) after a couple gifts I realised, and didn't want to waste anymore.

Nothing they say thank you or whatever but there is no gain, at least on the one I tried (Mako) after a couple gifts I realised, and didn't want to waste anymore.

Was working with Kira the other day. Went from 10-11 on her just using courting items.

You sure you didn't "cheat" on Mako at some time?

Apparently if you have companions will know and act accordingly when they appear in the future story lines. Not sure if they influence gain is related to that.

You giving her the right type?

yup High gain gifts, no gain

I have only tried mako though, and I noticed that even though I was maxed on pre 4, she is only 9, and max nine cant remember the number but basically one gift from ten, nothing happens, i'll try another one tonight when i get home, and ticket if its just me lol

Was working with Kira the other day. Went from 10-11 on her just using courting items.

You sure you didn't "cheat" on Mako at some time?

Apparently if you have companions will know and act accordingly when they appear in the future story lines. Not sure if they influence gain is related to that.

No didnt cheat on Mako, on Kailyo sure, and I am sure i'll pay for that lol but not on mako

Sure you can, if you don't care about the storyline.

I was never tempted to use this feature. I am very interested in how they plan to bring each companion back story-wise.

Mako: We thought you were dead. Torian and I are married now.

You: <shoots Torian in the face> We good?

Mako: Uhh, yep. All good. Glad to have you back, big guy.

I was never tempted to use this feature. I am very interested in how they plan to bring each companion back story-wise.

Mako: We thought you were dead. Torian and I are married now.

You: <shoots Torian in the face> We good?

Mako: Uhh, yep. All good. Glad to have you back, big guy.

Same here, I won't use it.

And if any of my characters get JacobTaylored, then I'm out for good. Nobody wants that crap.