BIG announcement for subs on Dec 1

KyaniteD

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think it's gonna be game changinf, whatever it is, because from the phrasing, it seems to affect only subscribers. A game changing feature would also affect F2P and preferred players.

I think it's gonna be some kind of subscription rewards, like an in game vanity items.

I'm very sure you're right. On twitter they wrote "Tune in for this afternoon's Producer Livestream and be the first to see our new Subscriber Rewards". It looks to me like a subscriber rewards program--which means it will almost certainly be a bunch of vanity nonsense like re-skinned speeders, re-colored outfits, and re-skinned vanity pets.

we are getting

Mickey Mouse pet

Hulk as a mount

an ESPN broadcaster giving play by play.

and Theme park decorations for our strongholds

Baron Deathmark :"Oh, WOW, she just stabbed that guy right in the face! That's the most demented thing I've ever seen, and I've been to the undercity of Nar Shaddaa."

Giradda the Hutt: <speaks in Huttese>

Baron Deathmark: "No, he's definitely not getting up from that one!"

Edited by Rodyn

Baron Deathmark :"Oh, WOW, she just stabbed that guy right in the face! That's the most demented thing I've ever seen, and I've been to the undercity of Nar Shaddaa."

Giradda the Hutt: <speaks in Huttese>

Baron Deathmark: "No, he's definitely not getting up from that one!"

They'll have to pause the game so they can administer the concussion protocol on the poor mob.

Big mmistake. Don't understimate EAware!!!!

Even with the lowest expectations (based on years of continuous, huge disappointments), they are perfectly capable to disappoint us beyond the laws of Newton.

I doubt the announcement will be Chapter X. They pretty much said one a month anyway and everyone is expecting that. To announce that as the “big” news would be a massive disappointment to everyone and undermine their credibility as MMO designers.

Oh wait.

Replies like that should make them think... :rolleyes:

Well, let's see how the live stream goes. Maybe the software works this time. It would be an improvement already. :p

my guesses:

- subscribers get a 10% discount on cartel market items

- subscribers get an optional boost to their companion power (4.0 levels)

- subscribers gain access to KotFE chapters 1 day earlier

A day earlier than who? You must subscribe to get access to new chapters.

Edited by Darth_Laker

So why wasn't this (Officially) mentioned anywhere other than Twitter?

You would think they would toss it out here too.

Is it SO AWESOME that they only wanted to tell Twitter users to tune in?

Hey Community guys??????

You think you might want to tell people what's going on?

Why do we always have to find out about stuff from other websites and other players?

Oh I know why, it's because you SUCK at communications.

I do find it bizarre that gaming companies gravitate so closely to Twiter to release information. I honestly didn't think people use it much in the USA. Even my teenagers have given it up.

Either I'm really out of touch or Community teams are. Hard to say.

Hey Community guys??????

Why do we always have to find out about stuff from other websites and other players?

Right hand has no clue what the left is up to and neither actually cares unless the pay checks stop... :rolleyes:

Hey Community guys??????

I have no idea why people insist on Twitter. I can't stand it and refuse to use it. I'm really starting to think a 12-year-old is in charge of marketing, the way they try to force us to Twitter. That they would post something there and NOT on the official forums doesn't do much to change my mind on that idea.

I have no idea why people insist on Twitter. I can't stand it and refuse to use it. I'm really starting to think a 12-year-old is in charge of marketing, the way they try to force us to Twitter. That they would post something there and NOT on the official forums doesn't do much to change my mind on that idea.

My guess is they mistakenly assume everyone who plays follows them on twitter.

Cycical me assumes its because the character limit that twitter started with lets less people post walls of vitrol :p

Hey Community guys??????

The intern they have posting to Twitter probably doesn't have an account to post on the forums. :p

Right hand has no clue what the left is up to and neither actually cares unless the pay checks stop... :rolleyes:

I thought we had already established that the right hand was a tentacle?

Edited by tmwfte

The intern they have posting to Twitter probably doesn't have an account to post on the forums. :p

I thought we had already established that the right hand was a tentacle?

Well, they could get that intern that is really good at copy/pasting things to copy and paste into the forum.

Maybe the community team already knows it's going to be a PR disaster and is already hiding...