Forget about solo kill medals and achievements

Lirtoo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the people who play pvp: if you see someone on your team is about to do a solo kill, DO NOT HELP HIM. Compare their health bars and see who's dropping faster. Only help a team member who is about to get killed, but not the other way around -- because you will cancel their solo kill medal and solo kill count for achievement. Almost every time when I'm about to finish a solo kill, someone comes to "rescue" me (...)

This is what I would call stupid. If I am helping you solo we are either their defending a node or to capture a node. In every possible situation eliminating enemy quickly is the most advantageous. I do not give a s**t about your personal medals or ego. You want to go solo go for a dueling competition or something, not in a WZ.

I will add, never ever try to solo if you are defending. EVER, even if you know the enemy sucks.

Edited by Ottoattack

To dumb it down for ya; sometimes when i pvp i dont care if the group wins cause i go in trying to accomplish something else. But most of the time i pvp i try and help the group win

The only thing you're dumbing down is warzones in general. You're doing exactly what every noob does in his/her first warzone. You tunnel one player and follow them all over the damn map completely unaware of the objectives in play. If you thought you were gonna come into this forum and say you throw matches for medals and get a ton of support, obviously you have more than just the objective, team aspect of queued warzones to learn.

To all the people who play pvp: if you see someone on your team is about to do a solo kill, DO NOT HELP HIM. Compare their health bars and see who's dropping faster. Only help a team member who is about to get killed, but not the other way around -- because you will cancel their solo kill medal and solo kill count for achievement. Almost every time when I'm about to finish a solo kill, someone comes to "rescue" me (...)

If you're shooting at someone I'm going to shoot them too so they die faster. You can get your achieve thingies in the next match when there are too many other pve solo heroes like you and I bail.

Edited by Joesixxpack

This is complete bobbins. If you want solo kills, challenge someone to a 1v1 duel outside the WZ.

1st one to pick up the huttball scores. Everyone else should stop fighting until the ball resets......Don't think so.

How do I know it's a solo kill anyway- someone might have pot a DoT on them at the start which has since ticked down....

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather sacrifice a solo kill medal and win the match than have the medal and lose.

Think OP should go 1v8 regs or 1v4 ranked - Then all their kills would be solo kills. :cool: - good luck with that!

Edited by Storm-Cutter

The only thing you're dumbing down is warzones in general. You're doing exactly what every noob does in his/her first warzone. You tunnel one player and follow them all over the damn map completely unaware of the objectives in play. If you thought you were gonna come into this forum and say you throw matches for medals and get a ton of support, obviously you have more than just the objective, team aspect of queued warzones to learn.

You obviously didn't bother reading my whole post. Most of the time i pvp i play to win the match. But depending on my mood/how many matches i have done i go into pvp with other goals in mind. For example; i try and get the solo kill achievement. Or i go for the x kills achievement. Or i go for the die x times achievement.

I dont just run around blindly completely unaware. I purposely run around trying to achieve other goals

This is complete bobbins. If you want solo kills, challenge someone to a 1v1 duel outside...

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather sacrifice a solo kill medal and win the match than have the medal and lose.

Think OP should go 1v8 regs or 1v4 ranked - Then all their kills would be solo kills. :cool: - good luck with that!

You cant get solo kill achievement outside of wz. You place the sole objective of winning the match above all else. Good for you. Some actually place achievements above all else and they are able to do so if they want

Your solo kill?

This. \_/ is my cup of f u cks I have to give about solo kills or achievement. Notice it is empty. All i care about is winning.

and this is a prime example of whats wrong with this new generation of mmo players and one of the main reasons why the genre is 100 times less enjoyable than it was 10-15 years ago.. long gone are the days when players actually played for the sake of competition. i miss the days when players still respected each other and saw the human behind the pixel guy instead of a random pvp point reward on legs. cant count the times when i was running solo stealther in daoc fighting another solo guy and a full group would run by and just stand there and watch the fight to see who is winning and then /cheer at the winner and run off. even in 8v8 we respected each other. well the groups that were a factor atleast and if a group of faction A fights a group of faction B and another group from faction A would add on the fight then the initial group of faction A would pull out of the fight and let the group of faction B kill the adding group and then reset the fight and start all over again. good old days when mmos were actually not overcrowded by a massive amount of complete douchebags.

RIP

and this is a prime example of whats wrong with this new generation of mmo players and one of the main reasons why the genre is 100 times less enjoyable than it was 10-15 years ago.. long gone are the days when players actually played for the sake of competition. i miss the days when players still respected each other and saw the human behind the pixel guy instead of a random pvp point reward on legs. cant count the times when i was running solo stealther in daoc fighting another solo guy and a full group would run by and just stand there and watch the fight to see who is winning and then /cheer at the winner and run off. even in 8v8 we respected each other. well the groups that were a factor atleast and if a group of faction A fights a group of faction B and another group from faction A would add on the fight then the initial group of faction A would pull out of the fight and let the group of faction B kill the adding group and then reset the fight and start all over again. good old days when mmos were actually not overcrowded by a massive amount of complete douchebags.

RIP

Except there is a difference between what you describe and what is going on inside of the war zones. I can guarantee that if you, or that other stealther, were on the way to an objective inside a war zone, one of you would have gotten stomped by the group running by.

As others have pointed out in this thread, the over all objective of the WZs in SWTOR is to win. The more time that an enemy player spends respawning the better the chance of your side winning.

The real problem is the design of the Achievements. Solo kills (as well as killing blows or total kills) are secondary to Warzone objectives. Instead, there should be Achievements for killing Huttball carriers, carrying orbs to Pylon, defending nodes, capping nodes etc. Alas, Bioware decided to go the easier (and worse) route :(.

This is why I defend on my assassin and don't call Inc's greater than 2. Or attack the off node, which is basically defending cause I very rarely lose

pretty much this. if you pvp enough the achievements will come alone. other than those situations where i'd rather cap while some player finishes off the guard, or when i'm defending with another player, i think i've never thought: ''oh that guy might want to solo that''.

and this is a prime example of whats wrong with this new generation of mmo players and one of the main reasons why the genre is 100 times less enjoyable than it was 10-15 years ago.. long gone are the days when players actually played for the sake of competition. i miss the days when players still respected each other and saw the human behind the pixel guy instead of a random pvp point reward on legs.

And yet the original post was about all of "us" ruining this person's chance at a random pvp point reward on legs.

Honestly, if we are crushing the other team, and they've basically given up, and only have 1 or 2 people even trying anymore... well then I have no problem standing there and watching a 1v1. In fact, I'd prefer it in that case because having all 6 of us defenders jump the one guy that dared to drop down "our side" of spawn seems a bit much.

But for someone to demand that I do that... pft... no, sorry. His/her solo-kill point is no more important than my purpose for being in the game, which is to play as a TEAM and win the thing. In fact, if I'm the one in the solo fight, I'd rather you helped. I don't give a crap about solo kill medals. If I end up in a solo fight it's because either an enemy jumped me when I was on my way to "the other node", or I was already solo-defending that node and I'm now waiting for help after calling incs and they engaged. My goal in the first case is to get out of that fight as quick as possible, so I can get to where I was trying to go. In the second case, I really hope help is on the way and will be there soon.

So if you see me soloing anyone, PLEASE jump in and help.

RIP

Warzones are different. Say you are fighting solo and I stand back and let it happen. There probably is some objective we went to keep control of so what happens if somewhere in your little duel, a stealther pops out and helps the other guy or neither of us is a healer and a healer shows up for the other side?

The situation can change real quickly to where the odds turn in their favor. The faster that one enemy is dead and the more health my ally still has, the better off we all are.

This is why I defend on my assassin and don't call Inc's greater than 2. Or attack the off node, which is basically defending cause I very rarely lose

You don't call incs GREATER than 2? Wow, you must be really good!

"Inc grass 1"

"make that 2"

"oh, nm, there are 4 now, so I can handle it on my own"

:D

Like so many things on this forum there's an acceptable middle ground to both sides. Here's how I handle this scenario:

1) My teammate is at 40-60%, their opponent is at 20-30%. I'm intervening. Why? There's no guarantee there. You wanting to solo is potentially hurting the team if you lose. Sure, you're ahead, but that could change if your opponents DCD/Heals/CC comes off cooldown.

2) My teammate is at 90+%, their opponent is at less than 30%. I'll let them try to get their kill, but I will stand around to make sure they do it, so long as it won't hurt the objectives.

3) It's an even fight or worse my teammate has less health. I'm jumping in and will lol at you if you complain.

So to sum up; if you're legitimately going to win and that's obvious, I'll let you have your kill. But if there's ANY doubt, I'm playing to win.

An in an UNRAKED zone this matters why?

Its so hard to get 8 medals! Especially the medals that have a damage requirement like... Do 5000 damage in a single hit.... Especially now that our stats are 8 times as large as they used to be at launch.

How do they expect us to get 8 medals??? 8... Thats like so totally hard...! LOL

Its so hard to get 8 medals! Especially the medals that have a damage requirement like... Do 5000 damage in a single hit.... Especially now that our stats are 8 times as large as they used to be at launch.

How do they expect us to get 8 medals??? 8... Thats like so totally hard...! LOL

That has nothing to do with it. There is an achievement for getting x solo kills x amount of times.