Eric/BIoWare, Are there any plans to make KotFE Comp Gear Customizable?

Suromir

Fist though lemme say, thanks for the compromise on companion power levels...really happy to see that settled.

Now....for the title/topic/question...

Many of us would like to know if there are plans, regardless of what they are, as to whether or not you'll eventually patch in being able to customize the new KotFE companion gear.

yes? (no date needed to be given, but if it's planned at least an "eventually" would be nice)

no?

even maybe/not sure?

Would really appreciate something said on the matter...thanks

Edited by Suromir

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hoping for some kind of answer :)

Well, it's 7:30am in Austin (and was 4:15am there when you started the thread), so you'll probably have a couple of hours before they see this :p

This is my #1 gripe about KotFE (with the unvoiced "KotOR style" Alliance conversations as a close second) so I do hope they change it and give us the ability to change the gear on our new Companions.

Well, it's 7:30am in Austin (and was 4:15am there when you started the thread), so you'll probably have a couple of hours before they see this :p

This is my #1 gripe about KotFE (with the unvoiced "KotOR style" Alliance conversations as a close second) so I do hope they change it and give us the ability to change the gear on our new Companions.

Yeah I know, but since the maintenance announcement figured they're getting in..so bumped it

I would also like an answer on this. The customization slot is not enough for me either. I want full control on the way the gear looks on ALL of my companions.

Granted, there are some that definitely should have the customization slot instead. Such as

Scorpio (droid)

T7 (droid)

K’krohl (too big for regular gear)

and then have no head slots available for

darth marr (i know maybe his entire look shouldnt be modified, but then that sets a precedent that most do not want for comps)

Choza

Leyta

Hemdil

Rokuss

hoping for some kind of answer :)

I STILL wouldn't hold my breath waiting on answers. There's been a LOT of threads asking this exact question, without so much as a "soon" from BW. I think they KNOW quite a few of us won't like their answers and are preparing to deal with another **** storm of angry threads.

I would like an answer on this also.

Now that all comps are roughly identical in ability the only differentiator is appearance. Why should I recruit Lana if she's going to look the same as everyone else's?

I'll stick with my original companions. The alliance grind is too much for multiple characters anyway. I'm not doing that on 20 alts.

I fully support this as well.....

Even Nikko is stuck in the same outfit and because of that, I do not use him. I was really "let down" that a comp, gifted to us by subbing, does not have the option of changing his pants. I do not want my companions to be knows as "stinky" because they cant change their pants... :p

I also wonder, if they did this so they can SELL us customizations in the CM instead. I can see why with some, their alien body shape may be an issue. But Nikko, Lana and some others should be easier to implement this feature.

I also wonder, if they did this so they can SELL us customizations in the CM instead. I can see why with some, their alien body shape may be an issue. But Nikko, Lana and some others should be easier to implement this feature.

I don't even wonder about that. I'm sure that's what they plan to do. I bet they put a couple on vendors and then put a few in cartel packs. :( I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see why they would leave the customization slots off if they were able to be used. If it was something they ran out of time on, they could easily let us know.

Not sure how I'll react when this is confirmed. I'll either just play with original comps whenever possible, or I'll be done, since customization is a big part of the fun for me. But, I'll see what they have planned before I decide about all that.

Most likely, companions customizations for them, will be available in future packs and/or as OPs rewards. But, like the customizations for Treek and HK-51, etc, they will be overall 'looks' not individual slots.

hmm didn't even think about them doing their customizations ONLY like Treek/HK (some on CM was obvious)...but you're probably right.

Still would be nice to know if that is the direction they plan to go either way...

Especially Theron, hes been wearing the same clothes for over 6 years...

Lana shows up in new clothes, Lt Pierce and Talos Drellik have new outfits, but Theron ? Nope, same outfit he was wearing when you met him on Manaan, must be pretty ripe by now... :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Most likely, companions customizations for them, will be available in future packs and/or as OPs rewards. But, like the customizations for Treek and HK-51, etc, they will be overall 'looks' not individual slots.

Quite frankly that would suck.

If my companions are joining Havok Squad I want them in the same armour as the rest of the squad.

If they're joining my agent I want them in the same uniform.

New kotfe companions are whole new models. I highly doubt they'd make them like old companions/players. Most likely you'll see alternate appearances changing the whole look of the character.

Given their track record of creating only lame customizations, this is the worst option for customer satisfaction. And Nico, Theron, Lana, Koth & Senya look pretty standard to me. Microscopic differences don't warrant reducing them to second class companions. Big step backwards if that's the case.

I don't even wonder about that. I'm sure that's what they plan to do. I bet they put a couple on vendors and then put a few in cartel packs. :( I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see why they would leave the customization slots off if they were able to be used. If it was something they ran out of time on, they could easily let us know.

Not sure how I'll react when this is confirmed. I'll either just play with original comps whenever possible, or I'll be done, since customization is a big part of the fun for me. But, I'll see what they have planned before I decide about all that.

I'm going to agree with this guy. That customization slot is already there - they plan to use it. What's worse, I'm sure they will eventually load up armor models for them, but it won't be until NO ONE is buying customization kits for them anymore. They can bleed the dead horse twice this way.

I expect that they will ultimately be customizable, however, only as a companion customization image that changes their entire appearance (rather than gearing how we want). And they'll put them up in RNG packs on the Cartel Market -- 1200 cc - with 9 out of 10 drops being "Reggae Koth".

I expect that they will ultimately be customizable, however, only as a companion customization image that changes their entire appearance (rather than gearing how we want). And they'll put them up in RNG packs on the Cartel Market -- 1200 cc - with 9 out of 10 drops being "Reggae Koth".

Edited by XiamaraSimi