Dailies should make you want to do painful things to yourself.

UTlNNl

If you are doing a daily or weekly mission, and you are having any semblance of a good time YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG AND YOU ARE NOT A DILIGENT PERSON AND YOU DO NOT DESERVE NICE THINGS.

We all know that daily missions are a freaking matter of PRIDE. D*mn straight I just freed those 12 prisoners on Section X. You bet I just defeated and searched Lord Sundar on my 12th alt this week. Do you think I take these things lightly? THIS IS AN MMO WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE.

I can't stand the thought of these entitled little brats asking for less dead time in which absolutely nothing happens in their freaking video games. Simply unbelievable. The time spent in your Pocket Sarlacc to make up for a paralyzed-from-the-neck-down healing companion used to be a sign of WORK ETHIC AND PERSEVERANCE. You people simply have no dignity.

If you're doing dailies you should show some respect. I worked all day on killing those 5 Irradiated Rakghouls with you ungrateful little people coming up and ninja'ing them from me. But you know what, I held my head high and felt good that I was intentionally spending much more time than I could have on that mission, and my broken and lifeless companion was right there to remind me that all of my self-worth can be found right there on that giant pile of glitched dead rakghouls. Because I earned my little share of that pile.

I didn't have FUN doing it, but I ACHIEVED IT. That's all that matters. There is nothing more difficult or challenging than daily missions and it is a hallowed rite to even be able to THINK ABOUT THEM, so why don't all of you people stop complaining about how hard the game is and let me get back to regenerating my health.

Edited by UTlNNl

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh! And we have an attempt at trolling here by a Jawa who thinks they has the powa!

The attempt seems a bit obvious to me, though, so let's see what the judges have to say.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/03/article-2272880-175364AA000005DC-779_634x411.jpg

Just as I thought. A fairly lackluster and amateurish attempt at trolling. I'm afraid you're not gonna make it to the next round, hun.

Edited by ZanyaCross

Oh! And we have an attempt at trolling here by a Jawa who thinks he has the powa!

The attempt seems a bit obvious to me, though, so let's see what the judges have to say.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/03/article-2272880-175364AA000005DC-779_634x411.jpg

Just as I thought. A fairly lackluster and amateurish attempt at trolling. I'm afraid you're not gonna make it to the next round, hun.

A response was all I ever hoped for. You make my dreams come true.

You. I like you.

I remember back in the days of Vanilla WoW, hanging out on the forums, listening to the screaming agony of raiders at the mere suggestion of a 1% increase in drop rates on Hunter Sinews. They suffered for their gear, and it wasn't right, wasn't fair, that anyone else could get that precious prize without suffering the way they did.

The idea that a recreational activity which they paid for the privilege of playing maybe shouldn't be a miserable experience for anyone, them included, never seemed to cross their minds. There's something a little nostalgic in seeing that attitude alive and well in today's SWTOR too. (Try suggesting BioWare make the HK quest less stupid if you miss it once the companion furor dies down.)

Is there anyone, even after the comp nerf, that has problems with dailies? Really?

The entire argument from those opposed to companion buffs after 4.0.2 simply comes down to shaming people who claim the game is "too hard" and should just suck it up- no matter what has actually been said.

It doesn't matter that I had 22 level 60's just fifteen days after 3.0 dropped- I apparently don't know anything about leveling or dailies. It doesn't matter how many NiM Operation achievements I have- I am in favor of giving companions some of their power back, so no matter of anything else that has been said, I am apparently an entitled moody teenager who can't accomplish things in games.

Edited by UTlNNl

If you're doing dailies you should show some respect. I worked all day on killing those 5 Irradiated Rakghouls with you ungrateful little people coming up and ninja'ing them from me. But you know what, I held my head high and felt good that I was intentionally spending much more time than I could have on that mission, and my broken and lifeless companion was right there to remind me that all of my self-worth can be found right there on that giant pile of glitched dead rakghouls. Because I earned my little share of that pile.

Ok you got me this bit made me actually lol

That's why I have always done BH/SecX only once every week per character. Unless I just want quick credits.

Dailies/endgame grind should be there but getting the same feeling you got pre-4.0 in Black Hole/Section X ("not this again!") shouldn't be there either. Dailies/grind should be easy but it should take time to fully complete all of it. Heroic idea is great since it takes quite a lot of time to complete all the heroics.

Edited by Halinalle

If you find something boring, then making it quicker doesn't make it less boring. It just means you spend less time bored.

The solution to making something less tedious is not to make it easier. It's to make it more interesting, and more rewarding.

If you find something boring, then making it quicker doesn't make it less boring. It just means you spend less time bored.

The solution to making something less tedious is not to make it easier. It's to make it more interesting, and more rewarding.

Pacing can drastically change how exciting/entertaining something is.

9/10 will laugh again. Had me laughing out loud for most of the read, well done.:D

My favorite part about this thread are the pro-nerfers calling you a troll...when about a week ago there was a thread nearly identical to this for the pro-nerf side, and these same few people were posting in that saying "this is such a great joke, 10/10!" The hypocrisy is strong with these forums.

The entire argument from those opposed to companion buffs after 4.0.2 simply comes down to shaming people who claim the game is "too hard" and should just suck it up- no matter what has actually been said.

It doesn't matter that I had 22 level 60's just fifteen days after 3.0 dropped- I apparently don't know anything about leveling or dailies. It doesn't matter how many NiM Operation achievements I have- I am in favor of giving companions some of their power back, so no matter of anything else that has been said, I am apparently an entitled moody teenager who can't accomplish things in games.

Also, I COMPLETELY agree with what you said here. It's funny how they completely ignore any logical arguments that people make about giving companions some power back, and instead resort to insulting and telling people to "cry more" or "L2P" when they can't think of anything else to back up their own stance. It's like trying to reason with a 4-year-old that wants a unicorn for their birthday. "Unicorns don't exist Billy." "Oh yeah, well you're stupid!" :p