Corpse Despawn and Lag

EricMusco

I have 24ms ping while playing.

On Belsavis in an instanced area with no corpses I was seeing 2-3s delays on abilities and mobs were fighting my companion (tanking for me) in slow motion.

On Balmorra it was better, but still not good. Ability activation delay was in the ~1s range.

The servers need a restart sooner rather than later. Corpses, looted or not, need to despawn after a couple of minutes maximum.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

We are aware of the issue currently in-game in which corpses aren't despawning, leading to lag issues in some areas. We are exploring a fix for the issue for Tuesday. Also, we may be doing a brief server restart tomorrow at some point to help alleviate some of the lag. I will have more information on that tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for your patience.

-eric

No Rush, its not like this was reported on Friday or anything, and there couldn't have been a re-start on the weekend...

Game is near unplayable everywhere. Have switched between several toons and the lag is just unbearable.

LOL, I am getting a little lag but unplayable? Guess I just must go on at a different time to you. Hope this improves after the next downtime. Even though I am not having this issue at present time, I have in the past so feel for you on this.

If you do a server restart on Monday, it will almost certainly screw up Conquest just like it did last time.

I think the unplayable state of the servers rank a bit higher than conquest rankings.

Also, why didn't yall just revert to last patch? I know you guys have systems in place for patch reversions, and considering how awful 4.0.2 was, I'm sure it wouldn't be so bad an idea.

Hey folks,

We are aware of the issue currently in-game in which corpses aren't despawning, leading to lag issues in some areas. We are exploring a fix for the issue for Tuesday. Also, we may be doing a brief server restart tomorrow at some point to help alleviate some of the lag. I will have more information on that tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for your patience.

-eric

Basically ... y'all are too lazy to work on the weekends. Or you don't find people having issues due to your own fault as worthy enough to get a hotfix. GG

Basically ... y'all are too lazy to work on the weekends. Or you don't find people having issues due to your own fault as worthy enough to get a hotfix. GG

That was completey idiot saying that basically cuz most people dont work at weekend and plays only on weekend

It's a video game. No one's livelihood, health, or safety are in trouble over this - so yeah, it can wait until Tuesday.

I think the unplayable state of the servers rank a bit higher than conquest rankings.

Also, why didn't yall just revert to last patch? I know you guys have systems in place for patch reversions, and considering how awful 4.0.2 was, I'm sure it wouldn't be so bad an idea.

They should have. But then people would actually enjoy the game again.

Glad you guys are hoping to have this fixed. The stench on Tatooine in particular was getting a tad overbearing....:p

You think Tatooine is bad, you oughta see Hutta. The planet stinks anyway, but with all the bodies around in that...

Whheweeee! :p

Could you wait until after the daily reset today (Monday) before restarting the server? In the past we've seen how doing unscheduled resets can screw up the conquest tracking and this is the final morning of Rishi/Yavin. Think there will be lots of angry people if you wipe all their scores again this week ;)

This creates a HOST of issues ad likely contributes to the perception that the H2 Mission weeklies are hard for many...

what are the results of this? I did the Balmora stuff tonight as a test...

1.. in Colicoid Massacre the number of corpses was so high that I would actually have mobs attacking me temporarily disappear if my perspective changed thus adding more corpses to be rendered.

2, sometimes the piles were so dense that stationary living mobs were literally hiding under the bodies (I once counter a pile of more than 40 of the dang Colicoids.)

3. Running along... 3 bodies.... get blown off my speeder. Then literaly 31 corpses appear THEN the 4 mobs attack me render. I was at 50% health by the time they showed up n my screen. If I did not have focused defense and enure ready it would have probably not ended well.

4. This also creates ability lag which is exaggerating the issues the companion AIs have. If I am waiting for an attack to trigger for 3 seconds, and sometimes another second or 2 for the effect to register on the mob, the same is likely happening with the companions.

In the instanced weeklies however NO problem, it's the open world ones where the corpses are an issue creating the problem.

Well that was a relief. That lag was painful. Even more of a relief that you're actually patching Tuesday ...

Yes, but ... a couple of facts mitigate against unconditional relief. One is that it's a holiday week in the US and often there is reduced staff. (Wednesday alone is usually a travel day, for example.) Two is that Bioware does have a history of having issues during patches, particularly "hasty" ones.

Doing a maintenance on a Tuesday of this week is risky. If all goes well, great. But if all does not go well, you have reduced time in which to fix possible ramifications if things go wrong. If they make things worse for a holiday weekend, where at least many people might be playing since they have time off ... well, that's not good for anyone.

They definitely need to correct the corpse despawn issue. I just hope that's all they focus on for this reset/patch/maintenance (whatever it ends up being).

Edited by JeffNyman

Like I said... right now its hard to tell... borked AI or so much damn lag because of corpses that the AI looks broken. I have little to no problem with the companion AI in Instanced stuff.

I've had issues before 4.0.2, so I dont think its related to the corpse lag.

Example - Took a lvl 26 Vette as a healer in a Tactical, and she literally stood there doing nothing while the party was dying after that I took out Quinn who is only Lvl 10 and he healed the rest of the FP without incident.

I've noticed similar issues across my characters, particularly noticing that comps that used to be ranged dmg dealers have real issues with healing compared to those who were previously dedicated healers.

This is very peculiar given that all the companions should be calling upon exactly the same AI routines since they were homogenised.

It's not prevented me from doing anything (just take out a different comp and get on with it) but it does somewhat fly in the face of the whole 'Use whatever comp you want' speil that was supposedly the whole point of the exercise to begin with.

I suppose we'll see come Tuesday.