Thank goodness the comps aren't OP any more.

Beakertanks

I had a similar reaction, in fact after seeing how OP the Comps were I pretty much quit playing for a couple of weeks :(

Thankfully this nerf brings them back to a reasonable power. It seems very close to a Pre-4.0 well geared Comp level. Taking one of my lv60 chars as an example, My char has approx 50k health, and my companion in dps mode has approx 45k health. This is pretty close to how things were before 4.0 hit IMO. (My Comps are all at 10k Influence, i.e. they were maxxed on affection before 4.0)

So, I'm MUCH happier now :)

Me too. Thanks for saying something. Too much misplaced hate here lately. Well... there is always misplaced hate here, but about making the comps fun again? Weird.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously,

I was gonna stop playing because the comps were so OP. The game was BORING. It required zero skill. So glad they nerfed the comps. It's a real game again.

If you are challenged by anything in this game where you are allowed to bring a companion then you are basically telling us how proud you are of yourself that you can take your water wings off in the shallow end.

Really I don't understand either side of this debate.

Companion are still powerful. Only difference I noticed with a companion healer was instead of dropping to 98% HP, I dropped to 75%. Heroic SF or regular heroics were not any slower. Only difference I noticed was when I answered the door and came back my character was dead. Before the update I would have came back with the enemy dead.

Edited by mikebevo

Me too. Thanks for saying something. Too much misplaced hate here lately. Well... there is always misplaced hate here, but about making the comps fun again? Weird.

Yes, I find it very strange TBH. ALL games, not just this one, need to provide a modicum of challenge, otherwise what's the point of playing? :confused:

Seriously,

I was gonna stop playing because the comps were so OP. The game was BORING. It required zero skill. So glad they nerfed the comps. It's a real game again.

+1 I agree. Just tried heroic missions solo and heroic SF 2-man. No problems in either. Feels fine to me. Was too easy before.

I will say this about that

When it was powerful companions, turning off skills or passive was at least an option people had to go with for more challenge

While now, if people want strong companions, there's no option whatsoever for them

One way had something for everyone, the other way had it only for only player type

I had a similar reaction, in fact after seeing how OP the Comps were I pretty much quit playing for a couple of weeks :(

Thankfully this nerf brings them back to a reasonable power. It seems very close to a Pre-4.0 well geared Comp level. Taking one of my lv60 chars as an example, My char has approx 50k health, and my companion in dps mode has approx 45k health. This is pretty close to how things were before 4.0 hit IMO. (My Comps are all at 10k Influence, i.e. they were maxxed on affection before 4.0)

So, I'm MUCH happier now :)

You think it's good that companions are now approximately the same as they were before 4.0? Really? When a big part of 4.0 was buffing companions?

Ask Blizz how its working out for WoW not listening to the playerbase..

You are aware that Blizz generally makes more money off of Hearthstone and HoTS now than WoW, right? World of Warcraft is no longer the golden goose or "flagship title" for Activision-Blizzard.

You think it's good that companions are now approximately the same as they were before 4.0? Really? When a big part of 4.0 was buffing companions?

From what I've seen, as you build Influence, Companions do indeed get big buffs. So yes, I'm very happy that they are similar to (well geared) pre-4.0. Considering I haven't built any influence at all yet!

:D

Are all you guys liking the patch tanks? Because I challenge you to play high level heroics on a non-maxed gear DPS and get back to me.

A vast majority of them are tanks.On the plus side, since non tanks are having so much trouble. it increases the demand for their services.

Edited by Deamandred

You are aware that Blizz generally makes more money off of Hearthstone and HoTS now than WoW, right? World of Warcraft is no longer the golden goose or "flagship title" for Activision-Blizzard.

This is not really even relevent to what I said. Losing as many subs as they did would hurt any business, regardless of it that was their "main money maker" or not.

Are you aware that 5 million subs is 75 million a month lost? (2.25 billion a quarter) I am sure they are just wrapped knowing that its not there mainstay and so doesn't matter

Are you aware that 5 million subs is 75 million a month lost? (2.25 billion a quarter) I am sure they are just wrapped knowing that its not there mainstay and so doesn't matter

That would be $225 million but still a ton of money. Have the actually lost 5 million subs since their last expansion came out? If so, that is stunning. I did read that they aren't going to be announcing sub numbers anymore.

That would be $225 million but still a ton of money. Have the actually lost 5 million subs since their last expansion came out? If so, that is stunning. I did read that they aren't going to be announcing sub numbers anymore.

Indeed they did. The subs rose when WoD first came out, and then just tanked.

Which is the usual response most companies do, when they lose a s**t ton of subs.