Star Fortress Heroic no longer soloable...

TX_Angel

It is intented do be done with 2 players and 2 companions. That way, your gear can be lower. It is possible to do with the right gear solo.

"The intent is that you can complete any [Heroic 2] with your Companion counting as one of the two."

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8622573#post8622573

'With the right gear' of course is technically a reasonable condition, but what is the right gear? Surely common data crystal gear should be enough to solo the heroics reliably.

Edited by monsterfurby

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much of Heroic 2+ is unclear, heroic 2+'s are completable by a player and companion was the aim, that's all, doesn't matter in the slightest any other label

If it was a Heroic, they wouldn't go to lengths to designate it as a Flashpoint, because there are instanced Heroics but they arn't called Flashpoints. This is a Flashpoint, the H2 is to tell the recommended group make up for said flashpoint to clear it normally, just liek BT, Esseles and the two Czerka FPs

Some of the Heroic(??) quests on Makeb aren't on weekly terminal.

Which ones?

"The intent is that you can complete any [Heroic 2] with your Companion counting as one of the two."

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8622573#post8622573

'With the right gear' of course is technically a reasonable condition, but what is the right gear? Surely common data crystal gear should be enough to solo the heroics reliably.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20151020-0

I take a dev blog about something eric says.

If it was a Heroic, they wouldn't go to lengths to designate it as a Flashpoint, because there are instanced Heroics but they arn't called Flashpoints. This is a Flashpoint, the H2 is to tell the recommended group make up for said flashpoint to clear it normally, just liek BT, Esseles and the two Czerka FPs

Which ones?

yes and Heroic 2+ recommended group is minimum is a PLAYER AND A COMPANION

Well. I didn't get to see the magical "Nuclear Ner fbat" at play yesterday but I'll give it a whirl on my Slinger with Nico at 50 influence and my Merc with Lana at 35 and Sniper with Lana at 32.

Granted I'm not full 220's/224's since I haven't pugged any ops groups yet on the"new and improved" old stuff but it will be interesting to see the geesus companions (I'm sorry but they got nuked nerfed to death???) at work or play.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20151020-0

I take a dev blog about something eric says.

I don't usually post here, so I don't exactly know how their community management works, but it appears to me that his post was more recent.

Anyway, though, shouldn't Star Fortresses be treated as story flashpoints? Nerfing companions would be alright if we'd get solo-bot back. The outcome of solving a Star Fortress as heroic is different from solving it in solo (in a very tangible, story-relevant fashion) and seems to impact the ongoing storyline. There's really no reason to treat that kind of story progress as some sort of optional challenge.

Edited by monsterfurby

And people in gear that's below what drops. *shrug*

I spent half of day yesterday soloing heroic +2 specifically for gear drops and the quest reward gear it is still very possible to do post patch if you are smart about how you do it and not Leroy pull the whole area like you could and I did do a few times just to make it a challenge before the patch

Anyway, though, shouldn't Star Fortresses be treated as story flashpoints? Nerfing companions would be alright if we'd get solo-bot back.

We don't need the solo bot back. Companions are still strong enough to complete the SF Heroic mission, even with 208 gear. I just finished the One and Only achievement. Juggernaut. Tank spec. Gear is 208 with some augments. Companion is Lana healer with influence at ~30.

Don't believe me because it is impossible?

http://i.imgur.com/RZLqK4D.jpg

Look at the timestamp. It is not impossible. It isn't even "hard", coming from a casual. You just need to use all your CC/ability block.

We don't need the solo bot back. Companions are still strong enough to complete the SF Heroic mission, even with 208 gear. I just finished the One and Only achievement. Juggernaut. Tank spec. Gear is 208 with some augments. Companion is Lana healer with influence at ~30.

Don't believe me because it is impossible?

http://i.imgur.com/RZLqK4D.jpg

Look at the timestamp. It is not impossible. It isn't even "hard", coming from a casual. You just need to use all your CC/ability block.

Try it as a DPS PT/VG who doesn't have a CC...then report back to us.

Would you like your crow with or without sauce?

I finally got done watching your die and repeat video....

This is not, by sane persons definition, what players find fun. Perhapse the hardcore will do this for raids or whatnot but.....wow.....

Waiting till the stars align and crits to happen to allow you to advance...this was your proof of soloing it??

I finally got done watching your die and repeat video....

This is not, by sane persons definition, what players find fun. Perhapse the hardcore will do this for raids or whatnot but.....wow.....

Waiting till the stars align and crits to happen to allow you to advance...this was your proof of soloing it??

Being old gives one some perspective on issues like this. Back in the 8-bit, 16-bit console days, the idea that you could complete a game without losing multiple times would seem to be ridiculous. Games used to be wickedly hard compared to now. I need to add the obligatory: We used to have to march uphill both ways in the freezing cold and snow to finish a game. (j/k)

So can I ask? And please understand this is a question not an insult.

Should there be no risk of loss in the game? Do you believe the game would be more fun that way?

As per Eric's own post, it was meant to be done by a player and his companion.

I'm pretty sure that his post is talking about the planetary heroics, not Heroic Star Fortress. It should probably have never been labeled the way it is; the heroic Star Fortress is intended to be difficult in a way the planetary heroics aren't.

I mean really, they should have just labeled it Heroic 4, that would make it consistent with the blog and with how the planetary heroics are labeled.

Edited by Ingmar
extra detail

Would you say any average player could do that?

Is that the standard?

By that I mean, what level of accomplishment should we expect from an average gamer? And the corollary, is it OK for the below-average gamer to fail to meet that level and for the better than average player to exceed it.

Edited by Master-Nala

Being old gives one some perspective on issues like this. Back in the 8-bit, 16-bit console days, the idea that you could complete a game without losing multiple times would seem to be ridiculous. Games used to be wickedly hard compared to now. I need to add the obligatory: We used to have to march uphill both ways in the freezing cold and snow to finish a game. (j/k)

So can I ask? And please understand this is a question not an insult.

Should there be no risk of loss in the game? Do you believe the game would be more fun that way?

It's true, older games were more punitive but it was also a small industry with no real options. Today's marketplace is so vast and competitive you're going to want to do whatever gets you the most people. And most people these days take the path of least resistance. I suspect many of us old timers might have too back then if we had such paths :p

Try it as a DPS PT/VG who doesn't have a CC...then report back to us.

Because PT and VG have fewer tools of CC than a juggernaut has? What are my tools for long lasting CC?

That was the actual list. It's up there, between this paragraph and the last. Now let me check my short term CC:

Backhand

Intimidating Roar

Force Choke

Did I miss anything? Force Push could work, yet that's not really a hard CC. But if there is no immunity to physics and knockdown, it might just work. As for my survival skills:

Saber Ward

(Invincible)

Saber Reflect

Do you want to tell me that the VG/PT has not at least five decent short term CC/healing abilities? At least Kolto Overload and Shield come to mind, without even touching my VG. Then you have the Lana whirlwind which can also be quite useful.

Grats! What level is your companion and what gear do you have on? Would you say any average player could do that?

Yes. I totally believe it is possible for the average player. At least if we put "average" slightly above "knows there is something like CC".

Are you kidding? I just soloed a heroic star fortress. In the old 192 companion gear from the Yavin weekly, without alliance buffs or crates, no stim for the most part, cause it ran out and I was too lazy to go back to my stronghold and get a new one.

So, just because you can't do it, or because you can't pull the whole instance and go afk while god companion does all the work, doesn't mean it's impossible.

So all this forum rage is only about one H2+? And all other planetary H2+ are ok?

I didnt do any of them, still leveling, but Im really missing the point here....

Why is that one heroic so significant? Does it drop some great gear or mount?

If there is about 30 H2+s which can be soloed, it shouldnt be too hard to group for this one if you really need to do it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.