The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR: Most Peculiar MMO Launch In History - A Hundred Empty Servers

Ardashir

The word from inside is that many servers are unreasonably underpopulated. In fact, lack of population is still preventing pvp matches from running, causing the power leveling bug that most of us are now aware of (Numberous level 30+ players have used this method successfully today) and no one can find a group for a flashpoint. Logging into SWTOR right now feels like logging into a game that's been around so long no one cares enough to roll an alt. Dead. Go watch some livestream. It's brutal.

Watching your friends solo-quest around entirely empty planets while you're sitting down and wondering why exactly everyone at Bioware decided to call it a day at 2:00pm is unpleasant and baffling. For some it might be infuriating.

Welcome to SWTOR: The only massively multiplayer online role-playing game that does its absolute best to appear dead at launch. Lets hope they don't get their wish.

This..... is ... NOT.... LAUNCH (Kicks you into hole!)

He makes a great point even though it is critical of the first day of EGA and this is all you focus on. Seriously, if this was the type of poster before they wiped the forums I can see why they did it.

To be fair I doubt they "called it a day at 2:00 PM". I'm sure they have a ton of things to do at launch that don't involve just releasing new waves of invites and supporting thos enew invites.

No offense but that is just amazing. It is the most anticipated MMO in quite some time, with a huge number of people who have paid to play it and are chomping at the bit to get logged in and get started.... oh but they must be too busy with something more important.

I like Bioware, I like SWTOR. I am not saying this because I dislike either one, I am saying it because it's a really dumb way to do it. At the very least they should be pushing through another wave of July and early August pre-orders tonight. They look scared to go live with their own game!

I think when different paying players are being treated differently there is always a right to be upset. Not that I am really as it doesn't matter much to me to play today, to morrow or next week but being treated differently than others does seem unfair.

"It's their game and they can treat you how they want" - that seems to be most peoples defense of Bioware. Well, that appears to be true.

And it is a launch. They say so right on you log in screen. Have you tried to login and read the welcome message? Something like "the game has been launched!"

I would like to be treated like every other paying customer but this is about as much energy as I'm going to waste getting upset about it.

This..... is ... NOT.... LAUNCH (Kicks you into hole!)

We are fighting a war on terrorism. I bet you fell for that too.

Guess what this is a launch. Unless people have their current toons wiped and these forums reset on the 20th and the front page doesn't say this is our launch. It is a launch. People are currently playing and progressing while the rest wait in a forced que. The only difference is that the que will be lifted on the 20th at which point we will enter a server que instead.

Blind fanboyism is still fanboyism. Your just not realizing it.

No offense but that is just amazing. It is the most anticipated MMO in quite some time, with a huge number of people who have paid to play it and are chomping at the bit to get logged in and get started.... oh but they must be too busy with something more important.

I like Bioware, I like SWTOR. I am not saying this because I dislike either one, I am saying it because it's a really dumb way to do it. At the very least they should be pushing through another wave of July and early August pre-orders tonight. They look scared to go live with their own game!

Stop being angsty and whiney ffs, CHECK DEVELOPER TRACKER.

There they explain exactly what they are doing, which is letting in slow streams of people and monitoring to make sure performance is decent and presumably if any glaringly obvious bugs pop up (new since we last stress tested it) they can be quickly sorted without idiots like you spamming the boards with "THIS QUEST DOESN'T WORK OMG QUITTING".

They said wave 2 went in sooner than they thought and its looking positive so just sit down and chill out, its a game and the difference between 1 and 5 days isn't all that much in the grand scheme of things. Better have a nice launch for those in it (even if its the 19th) than a laggy, crashy launch like...every other mmo.

Just be patient and enjoy the game when it comes out

Greetings, everyone. We already have a discussion thread dedicated to talking about invite waves. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the discussion thread here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=6488

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the existing thread, so we can keep the conversation a little better consolidated. Thank you!