Do metrics not show the disparity between the healing classes? BW FIX PLS!

Lhancelot

Roaming Mend is just vastly superior to the other 3.0 abilities which the healers received. Instant, hence can't be interrupted. Can be used on cooldown because energy is not a concern and it ALWAYS heals to its potential, whether it's jumping back and forth between people who aren't at full HP or whether you put 4 charges on someone that will get consumed as he's taking damage, it doesn't really matter. And the best thing about it: even if you put it on somebody not taking any damage the charges will remain and get triggered later as soon as he's taking damage.

Roaming Mend is just vastly superior to the other 3.0 abilities which the healers received. Instant, hence can't be interrupted. Can be used on cooldown because energy is not a concern and it ALWAYS heals to its potential, whether it's jumping back and forth between people who aren't at full HP or whether you put 4 charges on someone that will get consumed as he's taking damage, it doesn't really matter. And the best thing about it: even if you put it on somebody not taking any damage the charges will remain and get triggered later as soon as he's taking damage.

roaming mend is like a microcosm of what makes sorc healers the best in PVP right now, which is that it's just so much easier to put up big numbers

kolto probes dropping is inevitable even for the best op healers. you get stunned, mezzed, line of sighted, and sometimes just overwhelmed. and it costs you 2 gcds every time this happens. meanwhile sorc has NO equivalent mechanic to worry about denting their HPS

without sufficient clump, operative healers suffer significantly. you get far fewer hps and TAs from nanotech and kolto waves goes from being OK to straight garbage. sorc puddles are big, have no requirement that you sit in them, and just aren't necessary anyway. And the range on roaming mend is so big that clump is completely unnecessary.

op healers have significantly less of the burst you need so badly in PVP. everything that is instant is weak (minus the instant injection you get, at most, every two minutes with stim boost) and everything that isn't is a cast that you may never actually get off. sorcs on the other hand have *multiple* options to save someone who gets low. I love the instant injection/infusion with stim boost but it just isn't enough. If operatives could do more HPS overall this lack of burst would make sense. But sorcs beat ops in overall hps AND burst.

sorcs also have the upper hand in survivability cooldowns. cloaking screen is less reliable than both barrier and phase walk due to not being available while stunned and the possibility of being immediately knocked out of stealth. exfiltrate, shield probe, and evasion are all very useful but each has major drawbacks: each use of exfiltrate is a wasted gcd from an hps standpoint, shield probe just doesn't absorb all that much damage, and the usefulness of evasion varies wildly depending on how well you time it and what spec is attacking you. it is particularly meh against the AP PTs dominating PVP at the moment, being completely useless against their two scariest attacks: thermal det and energy burst

p.s. I don't even know where to begin with merc healers

Edited by yellow_

good bits by Donna and doc there. I played a sorc healer for the first time on the release of 4.0. My main in a mando. I couldn't believe the numbers I could put out. Firstly not even really knowing the class my healing numbers sometimes tore shreds off my merc. The ease of avoiding people, A match never lasted long enough for me to use my phase walk, I never really got attacked in focus because I could always get out or bubble. But the craziest bit was the dps. In a reg wz I could pull 2 mill healing and 600k dps without really trying. I thought electro net was a good slow but why slow when you can face melt. Sorcs are just wrong. I can't see how they improve the game, when every one takes them to ranked and every op is full of them (I bet you could tank any boss between 8 of you playing well) maybe then the devs will think damn we didn't just kill the game we damaged the Star wars brand more than Lucas adding scenes.

Entirely different teams at Bioware.

Oh bull. First, there's quite obviously no "balance" or "PvP" team...to even pretend there is is a farce.

Second, of course there's overlap between the CM staff and other parts of development...the team is Austin isn't big enough for there not to be. That's why we get ONE new set of PvP armor vs. up to 6 like we've had in the past. Those designers are maximizing their time on the CM loots, not game loot.

Just a question:

Is there any Screenshot by a Merc over 6k HPS ?

How Many Sages/Operatives Screens above 6k HPS are there?

How Many Sages/Operatives Screens above 7k HPS?

Merc Screens above 7k HPS? LoL

1)I have seen a merc in one of my reg matches pull 5.8k~ HPS. I haven't seen one pull 6k+ personally tho.

2)Any good Operative can pull 6k easily. Sorcs it's a lot easier.

3)I only know a few Sorcs who have pulled over 7K HPS. Operatives highest HPS closer to 8K. I personally was able to pull over 7.6k+ HPS on my operative more then once; Solow was able to pull 7.8k+.

4) Do i think it's possible for a Merc to pull 7K? Probably in a reg. In an arena? I don't think so. But I'm sure it's possible. Merc healing isn't terrible at all it's just extremely easy to shut down.

Edited by kissingaiur

Merc's need all most all of their utilites rolled into the class and then even better new utilities to maybe possibly just a tiny little bit be relatively close-ish the viable. Even then who knows... :rolleyes:

SWTOR, SWTOR never changes, 6-7 months ago I unsubbed this game, back then mercs/mandos were in a pitiful state and so were they last year and the year before, now I came back to try this new expansion and I read mercs are still in the same crappy state, while PTs run faster than Speedy Gonzalez and burst 10 people to kingdom come in the blink of an eye? Bioware, you gotta be kidding me.

Edited by yoomazir

SWTOR, SWTOR never changes, 6-7 months ago I unsubbed this game, back then mercs/mandos were in a pitiful state and so were they last year and the year before, now I came back to try this new expansion and I read mercs are still in the same crappy state, while PTs run faster than Speedy Gonzalez and burst 10 people to kingdom come in the blink of an eye? Bioware, you gotta be kidding me.

It's because Bioware's 'fix' to mercs was to give them Electro Net god ability instead of looking at the foundation of the class and fixing it from it's roots. I already realize they have no intention of fixing the class in pvp and I hardly expect them to do anything at this point.

1)I have seen a merc in one of my reg matches pull 5.8k~ HPS. I haven't seen one pull 6k+ personally tho.

2)Any good Operative can pull 6k easily. Sorcs it's a lot easier.

3)I only know a few Sorcs who have pulled over 7K HPS. Operatives highest HPS closer to 8K. I personally was able to pull over 7.6k+ HPS on my operative more then once; Solow was able to pull 7.8k+.

4) Do i think it's possible for a Merc to pull 7K? Probably in a reg. In an arena? I don't think so. But I'm sure it's possible. Merc healing isn't terrible at all it's just extremely easy to shut down.

Nooo it's pretty bad the way we heal is just bad for pvp if we don't crit were done for and it's not broken up into smaller heals like operatives or have major crit buffs like sorcs. Our heat is also a big part of our lower hps coupled with our expensive filler rapid scan 20 heat once a merc goes into the 40% heat range with no vent heat cd up your playing with fire. The only way mercs will every get high numbers is from using kolto shell and kolto missile while keeping well near perfect uptime with those on multiple people similar to how op focus on primarily 4 targets even in warzones.

Another thing that sucks a great deal while it really only applies to warzones is that only 1 merc can apply shells which is a massive part of our total healing. Sorc kinda suffer from this with static barrier but its not as bad and operatives don't suffer at all from having more then 1.

It's because Bioware's 'fix' to mercs was to give them Electro Net god ability instead of looking at the foundation of the class and fixing it from it's roots. I already realize they have no intention of fixing the class in pvp and I hardly expect them to do anything at this point.

If they just boosted merc heals in effectiveness by 20%, that probably would even their overall output in heals per second. Simple to implement for the devs/coding I bet.

Anyway, it's obvious they can't understand how to mesh utilities properly for merc healers... The easy solution just bump up the heals.

Let the merc throw gigantic heals on themselves to survive the massive damage they absorb and have to suffer through. 30k crit heals ftw!

Oh bull. First, there's quite obviously no "balance" or "PvP" team...to even pretend there is is a farce.

Second, of course there's overlap between the CM staff and other parts of development...the team is Austin isn't big enough for there not to be. That's why we get ONE new set of PvP armor vs. up to 6 like we've had in the past. Those designers are maximizing their time on the CM loots, not game loot.

What they mean by separate dev teams is, they took from the budget for the game and paid devs to exclusively work on cartel items. I don't know how people think that doesn't affect their ability to spend on combat and pvp devs with money from the same pool. Its BS every cash shop game claims.

If they just boosted merc heals in effectiveness by 20%, that probably would even their overall output in heals per second. Simple to implement for the devs/coding I bet.

Anyway, it's obvious they can't understand how to mesh utilities properly for merc healers... The easy solution just bump up the heals.

Let the merc throw gigantic heals on themselves to survive the massive damage they absorb and have to suffer through. 30k crit heals ftw!

All it will mean is that mercs/mandos will get focused more. The better (harder) solution is to have better defenses. Actual healing output is balanced more right now compared to defenses. (Phase walk/Bubble OP)