How do you defeat Arcann?

AlaricCosine

You don't.

But it sounds like you've got a bug. A cutscene is supposed to trigger when he's brought down to a certain point. Relogging usually tends to fix this sort of thing, but if it doesn't, try submitting a bug report and contacting customer service.

I assume you are talking about the fight in the tower...

Blow up a terminal, fight him away from it till he does his overcharge saber, drag him to the box you blew open. When he does his red circle on the ground, run away, then pound on him when he is stunned.... Rinse, repeat, win...

But as was stated above, he should not be healing, and you probably have a bugged instance...

Edited by Psychopyro

There was a bug like this in SoR with the Revan fight. Clearly Bioware have tested nothing and learnt nothing from that, which took 4 months to fix.

It is a super easy 'boss' fight so unless you don't know how to play your class, you should not be struggling - outside of the bugs.

Edited by DarthMaulUK

There was a bug like this in SoR with the Revan fight. Clearly Bioware have tested nothing and learnt nothing from that, which took 4 months to fix.

It is a super easy 'boss' fight so unless you don't know how to play your class, you should not be struggling - outside of the bugs.

This is the first time I have heard of this "bug" on Arcann, unlike SOR which happened for almost everyone, so this is a rare occurrence which may be difficult to actually pick up during testing.

done it a few times now. you are supposed to have hk-55 with you for the duration of the fight. more often than not it bugs and he doesn't appear until the cutscene at the end. this makes it a tough fight for some advanced classes and spec choices.

I actually had a lot of trouble with him, not being in fear of dying, but I did so little damage it took almost 15 minutes.

I really don't think there has been a more frustrating experience in a game like this. You finally beat him

Then later in the chapter, you have to fight him yet again

And then once you've beaten him again (another 15 minutes) and he hasn't done much to you, the game pulls a deus ex machina and automatically defeats you and HK and you get a lightsaber in your belly. If you are going to make a auto-lose boss fight, at least make it quick and an obvious loss

I actually had a lot of trouble with him, not being in fear of dying, but I did so little damage it took almost 15 minutes.

I really don't think there has been a more frustrating experience in a game like this. You finally beat him

Then later in the chapter, you have to fight him yet again

And then once you've beaten him again (another 15 minutes) and he hasn't done much to you, the game pulls a deus ex machina and automatically defeats you and HK and you get a lightsaber in your belly. If you are going to make a auto-lose boss fight, at least make it quick and an obvious loss

Arcann - cutscene awesome. :rolleyes:

Every day, I come across another reason to not bother taking any of my characters through KotFE's trash.

It sounds like a bug, I have defeted that encounter with several characters without any problems.

Perhaps your character is very undergeared.

Ive done it on two characters and no issues. Now I did have the revan issue other day it bugged once then worked fine second time.

This is the first time I have heard of this "bug" on Arcann, unlike SOR which happened for almost everyone, so this is a rare occurrence which may be difficult to actually pick up during testing.

At the risk of derailing this thread, I'm just responding to this point, since this may interest some people.

It's actually very easy to pick up bugs like this -- if you use an orchestrator for MMO testing. This is essentially used as part of a strategy where you have a master script of operations in a given sequence. That can mean a lot of things. In this particular case, you essentially automate the fight sequence between the player and the enemy. Or, rather, you have a goal-based test that basically says Entity A (player) tries to defeat Entity B (enemy). Now run that sequence through the engine.

In this kind of set up, you generally have your scripts put in fuzz factors that vary aspects of the fight (i.e., apply stuns, apply knockbacks, etc). Then you run this script thousands or even hundreds of thousands of times via the orchestrator. You don't even have to do it graphically. There's an equivalent of "headless" testing in MMOs just as their is in browser-based applications, for example. It all really just translates down to numbers running through an engine.

Unless the bug is incredibly rare, it is highly unlikely to escape this kind of testing assuming you run enough permutations enough times.

Mind, I'm not saying there is or is not a bug in this particular case. I have no idea. I'm just saying that game developers can do a lot more testing than they usually do. There are lots of very cool tool solutions out there. Granted, you'll make your own proprietary framework but you'll generally be plugging in algorithms that have been open sourced or been presented at various conferences. A good test team will make sure those are being implemented.

(I now slither away before I derail further ...)

/emote a chair of some sort, sip a brewski, and watch your companion take out the trash?

done it a few times now. you are supposed to have hk-55 with you for the duration of the fight. more often than not it bugs and he doesn't appear until the cutscene at the end. this makes it a tough fight for some advanced classes and spec choices.

It's a solo fight. No companions. Just your character and Arcann. I've done it a few times and haven't had any issues with it.

• 6 months later...
I'm currently in the second fight and hk is in the video and I'm fighting him alone and cant get him past 80 percent

There are 4 panels (clickies) around the platform you fight him on. Go to one and click it. When he uses his lightning attack, it'll stun him for around 10 seconds (IIRC - been a while since I've done that fight). Repeat with the other 3 panels as necessary. Kite him near the kolto terminals if needed to stay alive (I've never had to use the kolto terminals, personally, though).

• 2 months later...
OK when you are getting blasted by the force lighting near the end all it did for was nothing an the shield was not blocking all the damage from the 3 force lighting . I was right next to Arcann an there was no damage being done an it was just a continues loop of the lighting attacks .. So what am I am doing wrong .

It's a solo fight. No companions. Just your character and Arcann. I've done it a few times and haven't had any issues with it.

Will you please look at the dates on this thread? This thread was made in 2015...do you really think this is about the fight in chapter XVI?

Chapter XVI wasn't out back then. This thread is about the first time you get to fight Arcann on Asylum.

Will you please look at the dates on this thread? This thread was made in 2015...do you really think this is about the fight in chapter XVI?

Chapter XVI wasn't out back then. This thread is about the first time you get to fight Arcann on Asylum.

Where did she specify that she was talking about chapter 16, if anything I think it would be wise for you to look at the thread date :p.

Get your morning coffee before you post!!!

Where did she specify that she was talking about chapter 16, if anything I think it would be wise for you to look at the thread date :p.

Get your morning coffee before you post!!!

yeah I should've had coffee first. You're quite right.

(shuffles away in shame...)