The true PvP support petition

JadenVaska

I know what the veteran players will say. These /signed petitions won't work because bioware ignores them. You know what they won't ignore? 100... 200.... 500... canceled subs. If you love pvp right now go ahead and cancel your sub right now then post your /signed and the date in which your sub will run out!

If you have objections to the previous paragraph please read the bottom statement where I address the community.

OUR CURRENT COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM (BIOWARE) & PUBLISHING COMPANY (EA)

Bioware & EA, you have ignored pvp for far too long. Instead you created an expansion with limited content (story). The fact is Bioware, story content expires. We do love bioware story and the story was interesting... once... maybe twice. What SWTOR lacks is sustained content. You copy and pasted star fortress flashpoints, and waisted time on great cinematics that people will spacebar through after the first.... let's be generous and say 5 times, but in actuality, it's really 1 or 2. At the same time, you refused to put in any other new content that was not single player. (You can solo every heroic 2 even level appropriate things with your OP god companions) You have absolutely refused to touch pvp as you reskinned/recolored existing armor sets for cynosure gear and copied current exarch gear for ranked gear.

OUR DEMANDS TO THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM (BIOWARE) & PUBLISHING COMPANY (EA)

We demand a sincere answer to our concerns. We do not want a "We are working on it." response. We want a full fledged plan on exactly what Bioware's and EA's join plan to implement fresh sustainable level 65 content that hasn't been recycled. We also want a formal letter of apology signed by the development and publishing liason team to all the player who have stood loyally by this game for almost 4 years while the game has gotten progressively worse, and the team started ignoring the community's opinions. We want these two things and we want them NOW.

TO THE COMMUNITY

We must stand united as not only players but consumers as well. Bioware and EA has thrived on the community telling people to stop complaining and just quit because they aren't wanted there... but ask yourselves in your heart, are you truly satisfied with your experience? Is the game's content something you are proud to play? Are you just using this game to hold you over for a time until another one releases? Have you just gotten used to the substandard gameplay? I'm not saying my vision for the game is perfect and I know what every player wants, but I know that we as a community... MUST STAND UP AND REFUSE TO BE IGNORED ANY LONGER! WE MUST STAND AS ONE! I personally want to see this game either die with refusal or succeed as a game the players love to play. I do not want it to die a slow and painful death as the developers and publishers force feed us hype and excitement instead of quality game play.

Edited by JadenVaska

/signed I became preferred access today and decided that I will not spend another dollar of my hard earned money on this game until my concerns are AT LEAST addressed with a formal and well thought out reply that wasn't a form of the company blowing us off.

Bioware & EA, you have ignored pvp for far too long. Instead you created an expansion with limited content (story)

You`re one of the guys who asks a girl a thousend times out, without taking the hints she doesnt like you, arent you?

Imagine Bioware decided a long time ago they wouldnt put relevant effort into pvp, and instead make a storydriven singleplayer mmo. Would they make a big yellow post about it and tell everyone they wont support pvp anymore? Of course not, they just wouldnt release any new pvp content.

Now they EVEN SAID their focus would be on story now. How many more hints do you need?

I also like to know what PVP players you speak of. Its not even 1% of playerbase who plays group ranked pvp, the only remotely competetive gamemode.

Most selfproclaimed pvp player do solo ranked which has as little to do with competetive gameplay as regs, and its only purpose is to make idiots spend time into rerolling fotm to gain titles that make them feel relevant.

The biggest part of "pvp" consists of regs which is a funmode and has little to do with competetive pvp. With that in mind bioware is right in people wont need crossserver, working classbalance, etc. People only want warzone pops.

I cant believe how every other day some people "demand" radical changes to corporate philosophy when cleary that will never happen. Its like writing love letters to ellen page. Shes gay, get over it.

Edit:

stop to see swtor as a tryhard pvp game and have plenty fun in all pvp gamemodes. And honestly, although i hate all powertechs and wish them a slow and painfull death, as an star wars fan, 4.0 was the best addon they ever delivered.

Edited by Qwurdilu

/signed

A bit melodramatic but ya, why the **** not.

Subscription ends Nov 27th-won't be renewing. I'll go play a FPS game for a few years and then when I think about coming back the game will be dead. As in no more official servers.

p.s. also ^ peeps above me, the dude asked for signatures, if your not gonna sign-why the **** are you wasting your time ************ about somebody's idea in their thread. Like for reals. Also if your gonna bring out the **** measuring tool and respond to this please PM me, we can go back and forth on it all day -eurrday. Or you can post here and pretend like somebody is reading your **** and caring, stupid *****

You`re one of the guys who asks a girl a thousend times out, without taking the hints she doesnt like you, arent you?

Imagine Bioware decided a long time ago they wouldnt put relevant effort into pvp, and instead make a storydriven singleplayer mmo. Would they make a big yellow post about it and tell everyone they wont support pvp anymore? Of course not, they just wouldnt release any new pvp content.

Now they EVEN SAID their focus would be on story now. How many more hints do you need?

I also like to know what PVP players you speak of. Its not even 1% of playerbase who plays group ranked pvp, the only remotely competetive gamemode.

Most selfproclaimed pvp player do solo ranked which has as little to do with competetive gameplay as regs, and its only purpose is to make idiots spend time into rerolling fotm to gain titles that make them feel relevant.

The biggest part of "pvp" consists of regs which is a funmode and has little to do with competetive pvp. With that in mind bioware is right in people wont need crossserver, working classbalance, etc. People only want warzone pops.

I cant believe how every other day some people "demand" radical changes to corporate philosophy when cleary that will never happen. Its like writing love letters to ellen page. Shes gay, get over it.

What this guy said. I'm not going to un-sub from one of my favorite games to join in on a mass tantrum. If you want to un-sub, then do it. I highly doubt anyone including myself will be missed all that much if we leave. The game will go on.

SO for me, hell no. Bioware can have my "hard earned money" because I still enjoy a-lot the game has to offer. I understand that PvP needs some love, some other stuff needs some fixin, but overall the game is good. If you don't enjoy it, don't play it. We are not letting your people go cyber-Moses.

Edit:

And honestly, although i hate all powertechs and wish them a slow and painfull death, as an star wars fan, 4.0 was the best addon they ever delivered.

...you will have to out burst meh first, and yes 4.0 is looking good.

/signed

A bit melodramatic but ya, why the **** not.

Subscription ends Nov 27th-won't be renewing. I'll go play a FPS game for a few years and then when I think about coming back the game will be dead. As in no more official servers.

p.s. also ^ peeps above me, the dude asked for signatures, if your not gonna sign-why the **** are you wasting your time ************ about somebody's idea in their thread. Like for reals. Also if your gonna bring out the **** measuring tool and respond to this please PM me, we can go back and forth on it all day -eurrday. Or you can post here and pretend like somebody is reading your **** and caring, stupid *****

******* and ***** and *** BW to the **** to **** cuz****... yeah that's cool yo. Is it what all the hip kids are doing?

Love the "bring it" challenge, a bit angsty about being called out huh?

It is an open forum, for discussion, and everyone has the right to post their opinion even if it doesn't fit your childish chicken-little version of reality.

Like I said earlier, won't be missed, goodbye.

Edited by Tharenisis

I know a lot of people are in denial and just don't want to accept it, but BioWare did answer all your PvP concerns and questions in a surprisingly honest and frank manner some time ago. The answer was: No.

This is the truth right here. PvP doesn't even deserve balancing in their opinions. Look at the leaderboards for proof.

Funnily enough, I have unsubbed, but I am setting my account in such a way so I can play PvP in SWTOR without paying for the rest of the game (lots of alts, various levels, to bypass the 5 games a week/gearing if I have to).

Because PvP is what draws me the most, and everything else I grew bored with over the 2 years of subbing, and the new level of repetitive grind is offputting. Once sub is over, I am going to play ME for the story, and log into SWTOR to get PvP thrills. :)

Edited by DomiSotto

/signed

PvP is a great part of every MMO and should never be ignored.

Ranked PvP is a sad joke and class balance is at the level of a rotten piece of bread,

PvP consist of an excess amount of slows roots ccs and mezzes with some ridiculous burst on some classes (looking at pts and poor mm snipers)

They definetly had the chance of fixing at least some of the issues but they went with ''hey let's troll them all and do more story!''

I am very upset about not only the incompetence to balance out PvP but also the raw ignorance it takes to neglect a big part of the game.

I am very close to quitting, why should I bother to pay for nothing at all, I can just go F2P and do 5 warzones a day, this is normally the amount of quesh huttballs it takes to make me logg out.

I know a lot of people are in denial and just don't want to accept it, but BioWare did answer all your PvP concerns and questions in a surprisingly honest and frank manner some time ago. The answer was: No.

Well enough, but I won't stop crying. As long as I have sub I'll complain. Just for the sake of complaining.

I know what the veteran players will say. These /signed petitions won't work because bioware ignores them. You know what they won't ignore? 100... 200.... 500... canceled subs. If you love pvp right now go ahead and cancel your sub right now then post your /signed and the date in which your sub will run out!

If you have objections to the previous paragraph please read the bottom statement where I address the community.

OUR CURRENT COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM (BIOWARE) & PUBLISHING COMPANY (EA)

Bioware & EA, you have ignored pvp for far too long. Instead you created an expansion with limited content (story). The fact is Bioware, story content expires. We do love bioware story and the story was interesting... once... maybe twice. What SWTOR lacks is sustained content. You copy and pasted star fortress flashpoints, and waisted time on great cinematics that people will spacebar through after the first.... let's be generous and say 5 times, but in actuality, it's really 1 or 2. At the same time, you refused to put in any other new content that was not single player. (You can solo every heroic 2 even level appropriate things with your OP god companions) You have absolutely refused to touch pvp as you reskinned/recolored existing armor sets for cynosure gear and copied current exarch gear for ranked gear.

OUR DEMANDS TO THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM (BIOWARE) & PUBLISHING COMPANY (EA)

We demand a sincere answer to our concerns. We do not want a "We are working on it." response. We want a full fledged plan on exactly what Bioware's and EA's join plan to implement fresh sustainable level 65 content that hasn't been recycled. We also want a formal letter of apology signed by the development and publishing liason team to all the player who have stood loyally by this game for almost 4 years while the game has gotten progressively worse, and the team started ignoring the community's opinions. We want these two things and we want them NOW.

TO THE COMMUNITY

We must stand united as not only players but consumers as well. Bioware and EA has thrived on the community telling people to stop complaining and just quit because they aren't wanted there... but ask yourselves in your heart, are you truly satisfied with your experience? Is the game's content something you are proud to play? Are you just using this game to hold you over for a time until another one releases? Have you just gotten used to the substandard gameplay? I'm not saying my vision for the game is perfect and I know what every player wants, but I know that we as a community... MUST STAND UP AND REFUSE TO BE IGNORED ANY LONGER! WE MUST STAND AS ONE! I personally want to see this game either die with refusal or succeed as a game the players love to play. I do not want it to die a slow and painful death as the developers and publishers force feed us hype and excitement instead of quality game play.

^That's what BioWare thinks about PvP. I'm sorry that you took all that time to write up this post. They don't care.

Edited by Aluvi

I still enjoy the pvp in this game just as much as I always did. I grow bored with any game I've played after a period of time. Over the years, I have got bored of swtor, drifted to another game, and then eventually returned to swtor. It has been the game that I have returned to the most, and despite most of the whining I see on the forums, I still enjoy the pvp in this game more than any other mmo at the moment.

And for those people complaining about class balance...4.0 brought new abilities and class changes. I am not sure where some people get off saying bioware isn't interested in class balance at all. The only other major mmo's I've played extensively are gw2 and daoc, and I find that swtor's classes as a whole are more balanced in pvp than gw2/daoc ever were.

PVP is currently in it's lowest and stupid biofail developers are buffing already OP classes even more and nerfing weak classes to the ground and adding abilities to make huttball is complete joke, sadly this developer team is not gonna solve any pvp problem infact if they try to add new things all they do is making things even worse. PVp population is lowest and their solution to increasing pops is forcing pve players to queue pvp to get conquest points. I really no hope to better pvp experience in anytime soon.

If they did care pvp a little bit they wouldnt add this abilities with out a beta testing, if they did a pts for this abilities after they release kotfe and add this movement abilities and crit-surge changes and auto crit buff 2 months testing it would be reasonable but their brain is not working properly so they released big changes without even a beta test and they wont make it balanced for a long time, but no problem OP classes didnt changed.

So what is gonna change if we get more support from these scrubs? All they will do is buff pt, sin even more. I used to enjoy this game and pvp in this patch didnt even bother to level more than 2 toons and dont have plans to do with current situations. So you should say *********** developers stay away pvp stop making it worse and worse with stupid ideas.

I already dropped my two subs. I check back daily to see if they fixed pvp and so far no. Major Casey a Pub just did 1.8 million damage as a Commando. At my best in full pvp 208 with augs I do 880k and that rarely with a healer. This Manndo runs around rapid firing everything and doesn't need a group.

So either shenanegens or over balance.

Funnily enough, I have unsubbed, but I am setting my account in such a way so I can play PvP in SWTOR without paying for the rest of the game (lots of alts, various levels, to bypass the 5 games a week/gearing if I have to).

Because PvP is what draws me the most, and everything else I grew bored with over the 2 years of subbing, and the new level of repetitive grind is offputting. Once sub is over, I am going to play ME for the story, and log into SWTOR to get PvP thrills. :)

More or less agree. My sub runs out in 20 days and with Battlefront due in just 2 weeks, I see zero reason to give Bioware any more of my money. They can shove 'story' where they like, as 'choice matters'