decreases critical damage from 30% to 10%?

Heinlmeier

SWTOR 3.0 Lightning Sorcerer:

Reverberating Force (level 52) – Increases critical damage dealt by Chain Lightning, Lightning Flash, Crushing Darkness and Thundering Blast by 30%

SWTOR 4.0 Lightning Sorcerer:

Reverberating Force (level 52) – Increases critical damage dealt by Chain Lightning, Lightning Flash, Crushing Darkness and Thundering Blast by 10%

Sry, i can not understand it. The Sniper has still 30% at Engineer and Marksmanship, the Powertech Advanced Prototype has still 30%, the Mercenary Arsenal has still 30%!

Edited by Heinlmeier

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's general treatment of all the extra surge passives across the classes. It was done in response to crit raiting changes in 4.0, which theoretically should have compensated for lost surge.

And yes, it sucks. What sucks even more is that Reck doesn't work in this system as it should, leaving discipline burstless.

I'd love to hear what BW has to say about this as well...

...it seems like bioware has reduced their communication to maintenance announcements and "server is up again"- postings...

i'm kinda disappointet about the lack of communication these days too... :(

It's general treatment of all the extra surge passives across the classes. It was done in response to crit raiting changes in 4.0, which theoretically should have compensated for lost surge.

And yes, it sucks. What sucks even more is that Reck doesn't work in this system as it should, leaving discipline burstless.

Except they left it in for other specs.....

Not that getting nerfed is a bad thing, cause, well, this is an MMO , and nerfs just happen, but....it would have been nice to know ............MAYBE A LITTLE EARLIER IN ADVANCE. So we could...oh.....I don't know....prioritize our main raid toons to best suit our prog teams.....maybe?

Not that getting nerfed is a bad thing, cause, well, this is an MMO , and nerfs just happen, but....it would have been nice to know ............MAYBE A LITTLE EARLIER IN ADVANCE. So we could...oh.....I don't know....prioritize our main raid toons to best suit our prog teams.....maybe?

It takes about 15 mins to cash in a level 60 token and get boosted to 65 by a raid team.

Or if you solo the heroics, about 3 hours.

That plus all gear is now universal besides weapons and set bonuses.

Problem is choosing new names and looks on the character design page.

Edited by Gyronamics

sadly this was a small part of undocumented class changes, most of them nerfs. Despite that bioware said "Please don't data mine us or read the data mine stuff" that is currently the only source I know of to find the list of these nerfs, and that list actually quite extensive. Still waiting on offical post for all of them unfortunately. Edited by Aeries_Holley

Just the reasoning would be nice really, the dmg red is good for what? They nerfed every fight already.. I had already survived in 3.x without it, it still feels pvp oriented in my personal view, is it useful for pve? Of course it is.

But when i see tactics and most others topdps specs getting buffs im lect wondering.

Except they left it in for other specs.....

Ok, I haven't checked all of burst specs since 4.0. Name 1 that didn't get the surge reduction?

The ones that got it for sure are Carnage and Scrapper. Pretty sure Marksman got reduced as well.

Can't give you a certain answer, but I can take a few guesses. In part it's to compensate for the new crit formula and the supercrit mechanic. Another part is to reduce the rng effect on the dps output (smaller crits, more stable output). It's also possible that BW's internal metrics show the spec is overperforming in actual content due to its rotational aoe.

Can't give you a certain answer, but I can take a few guesses. In part it's to compensate for the new crit formula and the supercrit mechanic. Another part is to reduce the rng effect on the dps output (smaller crits, more stable output). It's also possible that BW's internal metrics show the spec is overperforming in actual content due to its rotational aoe.

According to early PTS data, specs with 30% bonus was extremely overperforming, in fact, Lightning with 30% was almost as ridiculous as Adavanced Prototype. That being said, i still think, that Recklessness should work as Critical Multiplier bonus, since Thundering Blast consuming it anyway (if used right after TB activation).

Concerning AoE potential, it's often comes as an argument "but sorcs so good in AoE, why you need any damage ups?". While it can look true on paper, most challenging fights demanding single target damage and do not have any place to show AoE. Revan, Styrak, Kefess, Brontes etc. Class should have access to strong single target damage, otherwise it's just not viable in those fights.

Ok, I haven't checked all of burst specs since 4.0. Name 1 that didn't get the surge reduction?

The ones that got it for sure are Carnage and Scrapper. Pretty sure Marksman got reduced as well.

Sry, i can not understand it. The Sniper has still 30% at Engineer and Marksmanship, the Powertech Advanced Prototype has still 30%, the Mercenary Arsenal has still 30%!

Deception Sins also have 30% surge bonus.

Basically, most of the specs that are currently overperforming still have 30% built-in surge bonus.

Concerning AoE potential, it's often comes as an argument "but sorcs so good in AoE, why you need any damage ups?". While it can look true on paper, most challenging fights demanding single target damage and do not have any place to show AoE. Revan, Styrak, Kefess, Brontes etc. Class should have access to strong single target damage, otherwise it's just not viable in those fights.

I agree Tbh I'm often concerned about how BW interprets their metrics.