evehing we said in the past, came true...don't say we didn't warn you

knowmyname

there is a small minority of us that have raised the red flags and warned the community about watching what you ask for.

first off BW gave us x12XP for month. people went nuts and demanded it to be permanent. a couple months later and multiple anti-x12XP threads, it still happened. everything we warned you about came true. bads in pvp, bads in HMFP, and Ops. yet BW kept x12XP going until the launch of 4.0

the entitled are still upset at x12XP demise. though they ended up complaining about it in some form or fashion later on. they realize we were right. but wouldn't admit it. :cool:

next players wanted stronger companions. yet they did not gear their companions. they did not learn to control their companions effectively. they just wanted freebies and an easy button. #GameIsHard. well now we have numerous threads saying companions are Over Powered. yet they just have huge health pools and big bursty damage. the new companions have ZERO DEFENSES. jump in game and look for yourself. they cant take a hit and forget about taking burst DPS or multiple targets. they melt. forget about doing HMFP solo with your companion, even at Influence Rank 50, they suck at taking hits. they can not stand up long enough to finish off bosses with their big DPS crits. at least in pre-4.0 you could tweak your companions build via Gear and the stats actually mattered. look at your companions defense, absorb, shield, tech and force stats. they are minimal at best if now 0. thats right a big goose egg. there are operatives that have more defense mitigation than your awesomesause companion. :rolleyes:

http://mrdeids.com/Liquor/Images/SWTOR/SWTOR_4-0_Companion_Stats_Pierce_Influence_50.png

KOTFE, well we had ROTHC which gets little play time anymore. it had a short operation. more like a flashpoint without all the running around. then SOR came and the fanboys got their panties in a bunch over Revan. i honsestly dont know anyone that ran all their toons through rishi and yain4. it just got boring and so repetitive. reminded me of makeb...that brings us to KOTFE, more of the same, yet dumbed down to a simpler casual gamer. I'd say simple minded casual gamer but they would throw a fit. :rak_01: we warned you about the "dumbification" of SWTOR. how 4.0 would change the game. NGE and CU was thrown around. fanboys rejected us. but who is laughing now?

look back to Patch 2.7 when some classes had abilities merged, changed from active to passive, and even outright removed from the game.the playstyle changed for that roll just enough it felt clunky. the moves and abilities were missed. (still are)BW eventually reacted by adding damage to another skill, adding that you couldnt turn as an effect, then tacked on a snare effect. LoL why remove hidden strike if the effect was not going away? ;) they dumbed down classes, we called it back then.

now move through those late 2.x patches into 3.0. the forums were ablaze with rage posts on nerfs. some anni mara is still crying in the corner. take all these changes, crew skills, 4.0 changes, and what do you have? CORE GAME CHANGES. the game has changed so dramatically in such small steps the fanboys didnt know what hit them until it was too late.

what we have now is not SWTOR as we saw on release day. it is not a polished version of that. maybe a polished turd, but we still have bugs and issues with codex from launch...LoL...really BW? dont have enough pride in your game to fix whats broken?

pets with high HP and Crit Hits but no defenses and melt if you so much as sneeze at them - oh they are companions...thats right. might as well be pets since gear does not impact their stats anymore. barbie dolls

XP gains are so large now that its way too easy to out level your gear.

crew skills do not keep up with XP gained levels

credits do not keep up with XP gained levels

im not even going to go into the mess that is mastery and the loss of those schematics and gear. that would triple the length of this post :mad:

73/74 datacrons...LoL oh and you have to log each toon on to ensure their codex loads legacy wide...:mon_trap:

missions dont update correctly. have to reset the current leg of the mission and re-accomplish it :rolleyes:

prices in CM were adjusted...last i checked F2P dont have enough money for a sub, why would they spend their hard earned paychecks on internet barbie outfits?

we didnt get a new operation or war zone because these super casual simple gamers dont have the time for them nor want to put the effort into it

we used to brag about soloing that Hard Mode Flashpoint with our "lesser" companions in pre-4.0. even made videos of our achievements. yet these "Over Powered" companions in post-4.0 fail hard. if you think the companions are OP, do harder content... :rak_09:

we few warned of all of this and so much more. we were blasted, trolled, called names, shut down. BW listened to the entitled liberals and gave them more cheese. reading these threads since the early release of 4.0 and the majority of you fanboys are not happy. there is only but a handful of threads and posts that truly praise the 4.0 changes. and thats with forum moderators actively closing threads, deleting posts, banning members that were negative about KOTFE. you dont even know how many people are no longer posting. BW trimmed the forums to show more positive than negative and they even failed at that. :rod_tongue_g:

the actions of the moderators wasnt even consistent. fanboys were over looked while the few of us were banned instantly. sure its their board. their site. but they dont even follow their own rules. musco and tait even troll forum members :w_rolls_eyes:

EA and BW gambled and it will fail. sorry but we have a track record of being right...Bioware's KOTFE 4.0 = SOE NGE and you were warned over a year ago about it...;)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're playing a BioWare game for something other than story and characters then you're doing it wrong.

IKR? People flood the forums with complaints. When you decipher those compalints what they are really saying is "I want an exact copy of wow to the letter with a Star Wars skin. "I want a game I can play for 20hours straight and still have stuff to do because I do not know what the outside world looks like." Good luck folks not gonna happen. People come int his game expecting a traditional (wow like) MMO. Then get mad and flood the forums when they realize its not. They do the same thing in GW2.

Listen folks this game is going further and further away from the (wow like) MMO with every step it takes. If thats what you want go play that MMO and leave us alone.

Edited by Zergnaut

If you're playing a BioWare game for something other than story and characters then you're doing it wrong.

Pretty much this.

By the way TE, you forgot the TL;DR version.

TL;DR: Some stuff that I and a few others of a vocal minority don't like was implemented into the game. That's why this game will fail, for surely my enjoyment of the game is representative of all others playing it. There is no possible way anyone has another opinion than me and actually likes the expansion. That's what mom always told me. I'm the most important thing in the world. Did I make a meaningless NGE statement yet, completely missing the point? I didn't? Here it is: THIS IS THE NGE!

But I have to thank you OP. Your post brought back some fond childhood memories. Remember the 90s Hercules disney cartoon? When Herc and Phil enter Theben and that doomsayer comes around, while Phil just says: "Yes! Very interesting! Yeah! Indeed!". You reminded me of that doomsayer. Oh, the fond childhood memories...

Edited by Alssaran

Who is this 'we'? ._.

most of us have been banned from the forums...a quick search will find the anti-x12XP threads from over a year ago to find a few of us

most of the anti-4.0. threads have gone away as well. some of us were tied up in that racket as well.

the "we" are there. they know who we are. I'm just one of the out spoken ones with multiple sub accounts

the "we" are there. they know who we are. I'm just one of the out spoken ones with multiple sub accounts

And you are paying multiple subscriptions to post on a games forum about stuff you don't like? You support a company with at least 25 bucks a month without actually liking what they do, just to hate them?

PvP is actually a thing in this game...

Operations is big too

so what do you do when you complete the story?

do you play it 7 more times? but didnt you already read the book of Makeb, Shadows of Revan, and Knights of the Fallen Empire? those storyies and characters dont change the more you play through it.

so if I raid and hit the WZ I'm doing it wrong??

most of us have been banned from the forums...a quick search will find the anti-x12XP threads from over a year ago to find a few of us

most of the anti-4.0. threads have gone away as well. some of us were tied up in that racket as well.

Do you constantly go to restaurants do not like also? Shop at stores you hate? I mean WTH dude. If you do not like the game or are unhappy, then just quit. Just like I do when I go to a bad restaurant. I get up, leave and never come back. Seriously to make QQ post on the forums with the IDEAL that YOU WILL BE THAT ONE GUY that changes the game? Thats just lunacy. Where do you people come from? lol

Edited by Zergnaut

We were warned OVER A YEAR AGO you say?

Over a year ago?

That's one slow death you've stuck around for

changed roles and hit the WZ. i didnt feel like rehashing old content over and over again. at least in the WZ you encounter different bads every day

:mon_trap:

same goes for operations. jumping into a random pub group is a challenge itself and enough for me to stick around

Do you constantly go to restaurants do not like also? Shop at stores you hate? I mean WTH dude. If you do not like the game or are unhappy, then just quit. Just like I do when I go to a bad restaurant. I get up, leave and never come back. Seriously to make QQ post on the forums with the IDEAL that YOU WILL BE THAT ONE GUY that changes the game? Thats just lunacy. Where do you people come from? lol

youre not married are you?

youre not married are you?

Actually I am. Luckily my wife is sane. I have shown her some of the post on here. She chuckled and said (Sometimes I wonder how the human race has made it this far). I laughed. I tell you some of these forums make you loose faith in humanity. Its funny in a dark scary way.

MMO forums are more toxic than Nucular Waste lol. They should carry a tag saying "If you have an IQ under 100 we want to hear from you! BTW crayons are over there."

Edited by Zergnaut

The only thing i agree with in that rant is Companions are not overpowered. In HM flashpoints those companions cant do them at all, they simply just die to fast. That was an eye opener to say the least lol. I went in to do a HM flashpoint thinking my companion could handle it at rank 30, haha nope, couple hits and down they go. Companions are only good for leveling up and doing Heroics/Dailys/Weeklys anything outside those things they are worthless.

I am glad companions dont use stat armor, it was way to costly to keep them as highly geared as your main toons. If they would only get rid of repair costs or at least lower it in half, maybe more would risk dying over and over to beat HM flashpoints or ops raids. Its now around 7k a death at 65 from 5k at 60, that adds up fast. The only way to get credits now are from doing weekly Heroics or the boring dailys, npc mobs drop hardly any credits.

Actually I am. Luckily my wife is sane. I have shown her some of the post on here. She chuckled and said (Sometimes I wonder how the human race has made it this far). I laughed. I tell you some of these forums make you loose faith in humanity. Its funny in a dark scary way.

MMO forums are more toxic than Nucular Waste lol

oh so you drag your wife around to just places you enjoy?

never did anything you didnt like to get something better later on? come on you know you have, admit it.

i just pointed out what has happened to the state of the game. put points out there that fanboys wont like admitting too. if and when they take a step back and swallow their pride. look at the big picture.

ive done things for my girl just so she is happy. i may not have enjoyed it, but i did it anyways. the payoff later was worth it. same with the game. i enjoy the raids, pvp, challenge of soloing hard mode flashpoints and tweaking gear to be the most effective. some of that has gone away because a few players 1. didnt know how too. 2. didnt want to spend the time doing it. 3. complained because #GameIsHard

the OP isnt a QQ. its I told you so post. but fanboys will be fanboys with popped collars and a fake tan :csw_jabbapet:

oh so you drag your wife around to just places you enjoy?

never did anything you didnt like to get something better later on? come on you know you have, admit it.

i just pointed out what has happened to the state of the game. put points out there that fanboys wont like admitting too. if and when they take a step back and swallow their pride. look at the big picture.

ive done things for my girl just so she is happy. i may not have enjoyed it, but i did it anyways. the payoff later was worth it. same with the game. i enjoy the raids, pvp, challenge of soloing hard mode flashpoints and tweaking gear to be the most effective. some of that has gone away because a few players 1. didnt know how too. 2. didnt want to spend the time doing it. 3. complained because #GameIsHard

the OP isnt a QQ. its I told you so post. but fanboys will be fanboys with popped collars and a fake tan :csw_jabbapet:

I don't know. Sounds like you are unhappy here. So just leave? I mean who is twisting your arm to stay? You are PAYING REAL MONEY per month for something you don't enjoy. This sounds smart to you? lol

Edited by Zergnaut

first off BW gave us x12XP for month. people went nuts and demanded it to be permanent. a couple months later and multiple anti-x12XP threads, it still happened. everything we warned you about came true. bads in pvp, bads in HMFP, and Ops. yet BW kept x12XP going until the launch of 4.0

the entitled are still upset at x12XP demise.

You're talking about "bads"? You can't punctuate, spell, or even capitalize correctly. Then your hypocrisy soars to new heights when you ironically attack others for being entitled in the very next sentence after you proclaim you feel entitled to play only with players who measure up to your personal standards.

Priceless.

You're talking about "bads"? You can't punctuate, spell, or even capitalize correctly. Then your hypocrisy soars to new heights when you ironically attack others for being entitled in the very next sentence after you proclaim you feel entitled to play only with players who measure up to your personal standards.

Priceless.

I know dude. These cats on these forums make the bumbs on NY 5th Ave look like geniuses. :D

Let me pay a monthly fee for a game I dislike and complain about on a constant basis. Then I can be smart too.:rolleyes:

Edited by Zergnaut

ITT: OP has epic tantrum because he doesn't like the thing and wants you to believe that he's representative of the Sagacious TruPlayaz that always know what's best for these games, yet nobody ever listens to them, and that's why everything always sucks.

Just ask him. He'll probably be happy to rant about it yet further.

awe you cared enough to reply

ITT: OP has epic tantrum because he doesn't like the thing and wants you to believe that he's representative of the Sagacious TruPlayaz that always know what's best for these games, yet nobody ever listens to them, and that's why everything always sucks.

Just ask him. He'll probably be happy to rant about it yet further.

dont mind me, im just troll'n

:mon_trap:

OP makes some points but falls very short on others

Obviously the 12x xp was a gift to the entitlement generation and was a signal of poor design choices to come. Even people who took advantage of the 12x xp knew and recognized this. Only people who didnt were the entitlement generation of gamers. So its not really all that big a prediction to point out the obvious cause and effect of something as blatantly obvious as 12x xp was.

As for RotHC. Honestly I think that expansion got a bad rep for reasons that will never make sense.

It wasnt a bad expansion over all (thought the imperal story was heads and tails better then the rep side story and I have yet to meet anyone who seriously thought otherwise).

The entitlement crowd didn't like it because everything wasnt just handed to them in that expansion.

The real danger signs came when EA nerfed the ever living bejebus outta Makeb making it completely mindless and totally uninteresting (which couldnt be more obvious as populations actually dropped on Makeb after the nerf. It was so mindlessly easy that even the entitlement crowd got bored over there.

As for 4.0 expansion, its a mixed bag

The story is awesome. Yes its rather predictable. All Bioware games are to be honest. Their stories will never shock and amaze you like say Deus Ex Human Revolution did or even The Witcher 1,2, 3 do. Bioware stories are known for their great linear story, not flexible choices that vary the outcomes (Dragon Age Origins about the only exception to that statement for BW games). But they still a blast to play and KotFE no different thus far.

The down side to the story is its single player content.

This is suppose to be a MMORPG, not a single player game.

But thats always been a black mark on SWToR since it was in closed beta

A giant single player game that follows a linear storyline.

This not SWG2.0 and it was never suppose to be (It was suppose to be better, hense the theme park design choice)

The Forced Level Sync isnt as bad as it sounded on paper

However the bolster in flashpoints is a complete failure

Doesnt matter if its a tactical FP, a bolstered level 20 still only has the abilities of a level 20 character, which makes then ultra weak when in designed level 50-65 content.

Was in tactical yesterday were obnoxious lvl 20 shadow (DPS of course, must be FOTM after all) was screaming bloody murder that I wasnt cleansing a gernade effect off her in Taral V final Boss. Ended up dropping group because she was simply to stupid to argue with. There is no cleanse in boss fight of Taral V, you use defensive abilities to absorb the initial assault (and utilize healing terminals in tactical mode...which she refused to do as not a healer. Not her job in her mind). Truth is she was ill prepared as a bolstered level 20 for that flashpoint and it was no one elses fault. She simply should not have been there. Now her being an obnoxious idiot, well thats completely her fault and why her name was shared on ignore lists last night and today.

the bolster is a complete and utter failure and hurts the game more then anything.

They should either make level brackets or just remove the pre level 50 bolster completely from sm and hm fps and ops

But the biggest issue for people seems to be how easy the single player content is

Cant disagree

I personally think the content in the H2 Star Fortresses is the perfect setting for the single player normal game and would love to see the entire game set to that standard of difficulty for solo play.

But the entitlement crowd would never accept that because once again the content is not being mindlessly handed to them.

Other big negative imo is the removal of conquest crafting

Its actually becoming a deal breaker for me as I try to get even a few characters through conquest each week

PVP, GSF, GF FPs, these things are not fun because of how the game been set and designed

but these are the only real ways to get conquest points now

Overall I dont mind 4.0 in the grand scope of things

But for sure, the things that were done poorly and wrongly in 4.0 were done so to extreme levels of incompetence rarely seen before in the MMORPG genre.

They didnt go easy on any bad choices.

They swung for the fences to make sure they screwed up completely and utterly on the bad aspects of the 4.0 design.

Personally I justfeel EA has gone down the same road that has sunk so many MMORPG products before them

They listen to the vocal minority rather then getting actual knowledgable, experienced people to give honest feed back thats good for the game and genre and not just good for the person making suggestions.

Saw SWG do it before launch and onwards

Saw Mythic do it in DAoC where they took a product getting rave reveiws and praise and gutting it so completely it chased away its player base almost over night

Saw Origin do it with Ultima Online for so many years that when they finally clued in, it was way way way to late to reverse any of the damage done.

ect ect ect

Biggest issue I see facing MMORPG genre in general is the developers seemingly undieing loyalty to any sycophant fanboi feeding their precious little egos rather then stepping away and finding feedback from experienced and honest sources and people not scared to damage the devs little ego if it means suggesting whats best for the game.

But thats not a SWTOR only issue

Thats not a EA only issue

Thats not even a MMORPG genre only issue

Its a ongoing issue in the gaming industry since the dawn of times

BS and false platitudes will get more notice the hoensty and realistic feedback

Priceless.

:eek: obvious grammar, spelling, punctuation troll is oblivious :eek:

Sup, Jurgens?

I don't know. Sounds like you are unhappy here. So just leave? I mean who is twisting your arm to stay? You are PAYING REAL MONEY per month for something you don't enjoy. This sounds smart to you? lol

Exactly. People who make dozens of threads about the same issue. Who sit on forums for literally hours everyday posting should listen to this post.