Combat is the weakest part of this game.

Teladis

How many people really enjoy the combat of this game with so many free mmos have a better combat system out now?

With a .5 second wait for my next spam skill. I see light sabers clash and I am like WHAT that looks so cool blocking attacks, before going back to my screams and other stuff.

If the combat was better, I would not mind the whole, game is too easy now crowd. The game has always been easy, I think people confuse tough for tedious.

Do I think tough content should be added in the game? sure as an optional thing, but the core gameplay and solo/duo stuff? Unless a total revamp of the combat happens that makes it more engaging and fun. I don't want the game to be even more tedious. In fact, they give me a reason to want to grind my followers to 50 so I can enjoy the game even more so.

Aion

ESO

WOW (Yes the skills they stole, just check out my sig. Even wow trim down the skills/fat.)

GuildWars 2

All of them have better core combat systems right now. I am glad you laid a path for future content, but Classes need a revision.

Edited by Teladis

Casuals enjoy the combat in the game. Given that is their target audience, I see why.

Do you know the meaning of the word casual? I knew many people who are casual and still played better than some of the hardcore player. That word gets tossed around so much, it lost all meaning.

Edited by Teladis

I have thought the same thing for quite a while with the combat feeling more like a chore than anything else. That is probably inevitable with any MMORPG, but I feel that this case is a bit worse than others I've played because of the amount of time it takes to kill the almost always grouped mobs. This is not a question of difficulty, but of pacing. I wish they would lower enemy HP by like 25% and increase their damage to compensate. Edited by Jaebe

If the combat was better, I would not mind the whole, game is too easy now crowd. The game has always been easy, I think people confuse tough for tedious.

Let me get this straight. The level sync and the story no more fun for you? Funny how the world turns in a week(2 with early access) :rolleyes:

I disagree with all the OP opinions.

Higher APM doesn't necessarily means better or more engaging combat.

I don't want tedious, I want more risks, I don't want 2 shotting 95% of the mobs, I want harder mobs with better AI, I want to fight better balanced opposition.

All thoses games you mentionned have worse combat systems imo, and no I don't want 10 skills only on my bar.

It's funny to see all thoses people with some knowledge of why Bioware made this or that. They made mistakes in the past, didn't see some things that they should have and anyway plans change.

If anything needs to be done in that area, imo it's not making the mobs easier, quite the contrary but reducing the amount of mobs. It doesn't really matter if you need 4 or 8 seconds to defeat a group of mobs. The problem comes when you have to do it thousands times to be 65. There's too many areas where you have to go all the way through a cave to enter your story area and if you don't have the quick travel perks, they respawned when you go out so you have to fight them again, that's where you feel you are grinding.

Finally, I think people should try more things outside story because there's many ways to get xp and it enables people to skip a lot, if not all, of that grind.

If you don't like the combat your free to play one of the games you mentioned, NO? then stop complaining about it. :D

Nope I play for the story. I don't even have to do the combat now. My followers do it for me. This game turned into my type of game. Less tedious. This is feedback to make the game even better. Don't like it? Good.

I enjoy the combat in this game. You think .5 seconds between attacks is bad (isn't it 1.5?), you should play FF14.

It was just a example, but the clashing animations that happen get drown out by the spamming of skills. It takes real skill to make a jedi and sith fight look and feel boring.

The game has been ultra easy mode since before release

During closed beta was a number of people begging devs to make the combat more challenging (and slow XP down)

Instead they made release even easier then closed beta was and sped the xp up

And its been that way ever since

If you feel challenged in this game outside of a Hardmode OP and some HM Flashpoints

The problem is not that you are casual

The problem is you are terrible at these style of games

Somehow since WOW entered the market,

People think Casual means unskilled

It doesnt

Just like hardcore players, Casuals have talented players and unskilled players

Its the unskilled that think this game presents a challenge outside of hm ops and some hm flashpoints

This game has always been about the setting

Not the difficulty

Not the challenge

Not even the feeling of accomplishment

Its about the setting

And sadly that will not change. So if you are looking for challenges, they are few and far between in modern (WOW and after) MMORPGs.

With WOW the market shifted to pandering to the lowest common denominator type of player

Free this, free that, no one need work at anything because its all given away for free.

Personally speaking, I think the level of difficulty you encounter (with out uber energy sheilds aand other goodies specific to star Forest content) in H2 Star Fortress runs is the almost perfect guideline for what solo content should feel like difficulty wise.

Not so tough you can not do it

But tough enough that you are forced to think, use your character skills, and stop racing around in god mode (as it is now). Difficulty where you shouldnt die, but if you get lazy or sloopy you will.

But that will never happen as the unskilled would scream bloody murder that content is not handed to them with out challenge.

The game has been ultra easy mode since before release

During closed beta was a number of people begging devs to make the combat more challenging (and slow XP down)

Instead they made release even easier then closed beta was and sped the xp up

And its been that way ever since

If you feel challenged in this game outside of a Hardmode OP and some HM Flashpoints

The problem is not that you are casual

The problem is you are terrible at these style of games

Somehow since WOW entered the market,

People think Casual means unskilled

It doesnt

Just like hardcore players, Casuals have talented players and unskilled players

Its the unskilled that think this game presents a challenge outside of hm ops and some hm flashpoints

This game has always been about the setting

Not the difficulty

Not the challenge

Not even the feeling of accomplishment

Its about the setting

And sadly that will not change. So if you are looking for challenges, they are few and far between in modern (WOW and after) MMORPGs.

With WOW the market shifted to pandering to the lowest common denominator type of player

Free this, free that, no one need work at anything because its all given away for free.

Personally speaking, I think the level of difficulty you encounter (with out uber energy sheilds aand other goodies specific to star Forest content) in H2 Star Fortress runs is the almost perfect guideline for what solo content should feel like difficulty wise.

Not so tough you can not do it

But tough enough that you are forced to think, use your character skills, and stop racing around in god mode (as it is now). Difficulty where you shouldnt die, but if you get lazy or sloopy you will.

But that will never happen as the unskilled would scream bloody murder that content is not handed to them with out challenge.

I agree with everything except the fact that Wow is the reason. (and I don't like wow, played it 6 month then dropped it, never returned).

The problem is that now people play more than one MMORPG, so the grind can't be as hard and long as before.

Even old MMORPG are modifying XP and rewards to keep people.

I started on DAoC , then eq2 , lotro , then AoC. You had a challenge on every pack of foes in those games. And you had to play hours and hours to get a powerful gear. Now, except for AoC, you can get gear and Xp really easily , even in those old game.

Why ? Because new players don't have patience. New players will leave your game for one of the other hundred out there rather than working for their rewards.

AoC didn't want to shift to this and even if the community is still strong, well, they don't have many players.

Before, you had 2 to 3 real MMOrpg, now you have thousands of them, and people don't have the time anymore.

Regarding swtor combat, it's way way too easy. The combat are tons of fun if you play a class you love, feels like kotor and that's good. But, you're never challenged and that's really annoying. You can't make mistakes.

You make a mistake in a duel in pvp, you're gonna die, but that never happens in pve and it's a shame.

Edited by Nightgard

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.