Mind-numbingly casual

andyaaww

Easy = not doing anything while your companion slaughters all? Pre KOTFE single player was easy,you had to be extremely undergeared for it to present any challenge. Post KOTFE single player experience is just a time sync till your companion beats everything into submission,even if you pulled 3-4 mobs you don't have to do anything. Not even think.At all.

Maybe some people like that,of course.

I still do things while my companion owns stuff. Some times I don't.

Want to know something? I even RP walk up to mobs and let my follower kill them for me. All depends on my mood. I am doing it with a evil grin on my face, and having fun. I know that might upset you, but hey my fun>yours.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, yes, the "great commhity" has answered, so instead teachibg new players you want "veterans with all achievements". Guess what? Those dont need you lol

There is a difference between "teaching" and having to start a player from scratch. What this game has done is moved players into the mind numbing, face drooling, give a monkey access to a mouse and keyboard stupid easy mode.

Was this game ever hard? The answer is no. The problem was that this game required the player to understand that they had access to stuns and interrupts which were necessary to get past certain boss fights in story mode. and some players just couldn't be bothered to take a moment to understand that. Now they have turned it into beat the thing to death mode. Ignore all signs of AOE damage (it won't kill you) and just click on the ability that lights up. No need to pay attention to the fight, no need to ensure your gear is adequate, no need to even understand a skill rotation or what half your skills do.

There is easy and then there is the, "Mommy, this character has a red glowy stick in his hand and wants to fight me Make him go away" mode. I swear, I think by the time 5.0 comes out, you won't even have to fight at all. You can literally resolve all critical fights by talking you way out of it. Your opposition will literally decide you are too scary to face (dark side) or your morale compass is better than theirs (light side) and they will resign to being arrested like something out of Scooby Doo when the bad guy has been revealed.

And Star Wars should be difficult. Boba Fett might have gone out like a punk in the first set of movies, but most main characters were people to be feared. They were just as likely to kill you as look at you. And unless you were on at least your "B" game, odds were not well in your favor for surviving.

Edited by ForceWelder

Yep.

Meanwhile, only one of the servers really needs the cap increase while some other are dead or low pop.

I actually saw three servers with heavy loads yesterday evening. All three were PVE servers. Mean while the RP-PVP and the PVP servers seem to barely even have a heart beat and were sitting in the "Light" category.

It couldn't be because this development team has completely $#$%# PVP? Nah, couldn't be.

They might as well stripe away the server designations, merge the RP-PVP server with the PVP server on that coast and that last patch to increase server population probably wouldn't have even been necessary.

Diners and whiners. Snipers and gripers.

Will you guys ever stop this. There are at least 20 threats about this and in all the bulk of posters tell you the game is mostly okay now. But no... you keep at it! If it is not the Companions then it is something else you gripe about like in this post. Really, REALLY... get a Life. If things are that mind-numbing for you then take a break and come back when the brain is not numb any longer.

Agreed the Doom and Gloom post are populated solely by the same group of names

Agreed the Doom and Gloom post are populated solely by the same group of names

Exactly. Same group of people posting the same threads re-cycling the same stuff. If they were removed the community would actually be peaceful. They have this obsession with ruining the game for everyone else. As I mentioned before they should move on to a different game or least stop spamming the forums.

I still do things while my companion owns stuff. Some times I don't.

Want to know something? I even RP walk up to mobs and let my follower kill them for me. All depends on my mood. I am doing it with a evil grin on my face, and having fun. I know that might upset you, but hey my fun>yours.

I was doing what Mako would have wanted, it was foolhardy. Innocent lives were on the line, I was out of my element.

It wasn't at all foolhardy, I wan't out of my element.

I could just walk a b line to my objective.

Buddy, do you RP getting damaged after walking into the fire. The lack of any consequence hurts the narrative.

Even if it is just clicking your out of combat health regen and feeling sheepish.

Don't worry I'm unsubbed and you can cake walk each chapter without my QQ

Exactly. Same group of people posting the same threads re-cycling the same stuff. If they were removed the community would actually be peaceful. They have this obsession with ruining the game for everyone else. As I mentioned before they should move on to a different game or least stop spamming the forums.

Comrade,it is an internet forum ,not North Korea. If you are hurt by different opinions ,instead of crusading and expecting The Spanish Inquisition to ban people for expressing those opinions, maybe voluntarily ban yourself first?

Comrade,it is an internet forum ,not North Korea. If you are hurt by different opinions ,instead of crusading and expecting The Spanish Inquisition to ban people for expressing those opinions, maybe voluntarily ban yourself first?

Okay that's nice and all but nothing you said makes their statement wrong. It's just the same people whining and ************.

Expect I don't create several threads on the same topic over seven in the span of a few days. I don't keep asking the question "Are you sure you are okay with companions" in a condensing and sarcastic why then ignore the answer. I don't spam the forums all day when people don't agree with me hoping to get people who do. The majority is fine with it.

If you would simply post in suggestions. You know the section where these things are supposed to be. Instead creating threads with insulting titles like "Mind Numbingly Casual" I'm just curious how many threads do you need to get your point across and how long are you going to complain for

It couldn't be because this development team has completely $#$%# PVP? Nah, couldn't be.

Nope. The community on pvp servers drive the population away, not the devs. I left Bastion two years ago because I got sick of taking my 25 to Tat to level and getting camped by level 50's. Don't blame the devs for pvp servers having low populations.

Edited by Vember

Okay that's nice and all but nothing you said makes their statement wrong. It's just the same people whining and ************.

Is what those same people say not on topic of SWTOR? It is. Then what is the problem? I can understand banning someone for cursing,but doing it to someone for expressing opinion about a change in MMO game is not acceptable

unless that person literally spams the forum. Since the threads are started by different people, the fact that they discuss same issue should have no effect on anyone but people that are deeply offended due to existence of other people.

There is a difference between "teaching" and having to start a player from scratch. What this game has done is moved players into the mind numbing, face drooling, give a monkey access to a mouse and keyboard stupid easy mode.

Was this game ever hard? The answer is no. The problem was that this game required the player to understand that they had access to stuns and interrupts which were necessary to get past certain boss fights in story mode. and some players just couldn't be bothered to take a moment to understand that. Now they have turned it into beat the thing to death mode. Ignore all signs of AOE damage (it won't kill you) and just click on the ability that lights up. No need to pay attention to the fight, no need to ensure your gear is adequate, no need to even understand a skill rotation or what half your skills do.

There is easy and then there is the, "Mommy, this character has a red glowy stick in his hand and wants to fight me Make him go away" mode. I swear, I think by the time 5.0 comes out, you won't even have to fight at all. You can literally resolve all critical fights by talking you way out of it. Your opposition will literally decide you are too scary to face (dark side) or your morale compass is better than theirs (light side) and they will resign to being arrested like something out of Scooby Doo when the bad guy has been revealed.

And Star Wars should be difficult. Boba Fett might have gone out like a punk in the first set of movies, but most main characters were people to be feared. They were just as likely to kill you as look at you. And unless you were on at least your "B" game, odds were not well in your favor for surviving.

Ah, another great example of "community"

Keep on going showing how great "community" is. You make "community" proud.

If it was mind-numbingly casual it wouldn't require an investment. It already requires a cash investment, which makes it non-casual.

*reads*

*shakes head*

*Reads again*

*guzzles a pot of coffee*

*tries a 3rd reading*

Ill take 10 of what hes on!

Cause what hes saying just not going to make any sense until I can get down to his level of thinking!

Edited by Kalfear

Nope. The community on pvp servers drive the population away, not the devs. I left Bastion two years ago because I got sick of taking my 25 to Tat to level and getting camped by level 50's. Don't blame the devs for pvp servers having low populations.

I leveled two imps on Jung Ma during 12x. One character saw two Pubs and the other saw ZERO. They might as well merge them all.

We dont need hardcore grinders like you to run this game

SWTOR were always casual! SW fans are mostly old, in their 20-40 ages and we have study and work to do.

I play since 2013, this game was never hard, tho is much easier now, but anyway, if i had to grind my *** out to beat a story boss i wouldn`t even bother playing it.

The game is on the right track. Easymode Story mode and leveling, Hardmode OPs, HMs and PvP. I see nothing wrong.

PLUS, level sync MADE THE GAME HARDER. Before you could just do warzones 24/7, get great commendation gear, go to a low level planet and kill everyone with ure first skill. Now you can`t do that anymore. Before you would never be hitted enough to get out of the speeder, now.... i had a bad surprise on alderaan.

Another thing that i loved was the Flashpoint level sync. Perfect. Now i can play with my friends, regardless their levels. Companion roles, perfect, now i can play with the companion I WANT, instead of the one I NEED.

This game is only getting better. Bolster were always good, expading it to FP made it great! SW Group play potential increased and whiners like OP can just be naked and go solo HM`s if they think that this game offers no challenge anymore

I actually saw three servers with heavy loads yesterday evening. All three were PVE servers. Mean while the RP-PVP and the PVP servers seem to barely even have a heart beat and were sitting in the "Light" category.

They might as well stripe away the server designations, merge the RP-PVP server with the PVP server on that coast and that last patch to increase server population probably wouldn't have even been necessary.

3? That's good to hear, I only saw 1 (Harb ofc). At this point my like of PVP servers is unrealistic, so would be glad to see consolidation.

Edited by Joesixxpack

We dont need hardcore grinders like you to run this game

SWTOR were always casual! SW fans are mostly old, in their 20-40 ages and we have study and work to do.

I play since 2013, this game was never hard, tho is much easier now, but anyway, if i had to grind my *** out to beat a story boss i wouldn`t even bother playing it.

The game is on the right track. Easymode Story mode and leveling, Hardmode OPs, HMs and PvP. I see nothing wrong.

PLUS, level sync MADE THE GAME HARDER. Before you could just do warzones 24/7, get great commendation gear, go to a low level planet and kill everyone with ure first skill. Now you can`t do that anymore. Before you would never be hitted enough to get out of the speeder, now.... i had a bad surprise on alderaan.

Another thing that i loved was the Flashpoint level sync. Perfect. Now i can play with my friends, regardless their levels. Companion roles, perfect, now i can play with the companion I WANT, instead of the one I NEED.

This game is only getting better. Bolster were always good, expading it to FP made it great! SW Group play potential increased and whiners like OP can just be naked and go solo HM`s if they think that this game offers no challenge anymore

This was meant to be about the lack of difficulty hurting the narrative.

You tell me to dismiss a key character and run around in my underpants.

I think I got my answer, yikes...

Diners and whiners. Snipers and gripers.

Will you guys ever stop this. There are at least 20 threats about this and in all the bulk of posters tell you the game is mostly okay now. But no... you keep at it! If it is not the Companions then it is something else you gripe about like in this post. Really, REALLY... get a Life. If things are that mind-numbing for you then take a break and come back when the brain is not numb any longer.

100% Agree, I mean geez most of the threads are started and restarted by the same numbskull, But yep I'm with you its getting old...:rolleyes:

100% Agree, I mean geez most of the threads are started and restarted by the same numbskull, But yep I'm with you its getting old...:rolleyes:

Reread my post. I'm a big fan of video game narratives. I've played enough toons to know it was a cluster **** prior to 4.0

Jedi guardian was my sweet spot. An actual reason to use taunts in solo pve. When I saw Kira heal tank I knew it was over.

Bioware are wearing the metal bikini and EA is Jaba. Even in Dragon Age inquisition hard mode is easy in decent gear and a proper mix of companions. Is this ego stroking is a whole other thread.

I'm asking if easy mode hurts the narrative by making the bad guy harmless, the environmental dangers harmless.

But ya, me sa numb skool...

Yeah, you know where you haven't seen those people? In the in-game chat and on the subreddit.

This is the only place where people whine all the time because you HAVE to be subbed to chat here, leading to a thing called entitlement. Imagine that.

To quote the words of a great and wise man:

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

"Entitlement" keeps getting thrown around as if it were in and of itself a bad thing. However, it's only bad when it is a false sense of entitlement. If people are actually entitled to something, it means that they actually deserve it, and depriving them of that entitlement usually constitutes a breach of trust or even a broken contract.

For example, if BW advertised and sold SWTOR as an MMO game, and people bought and subscribed to SWTOR based on that premise, then as long as they maintained their subscriptions and abided by the TOS, they would be entitled to access an MMO game. Likewise, under the terms of their subscription contract, they would also be entitled to forum access. If one day BW decided to completely overhaul SWTOR and turn it into, for example, an offline puzzle game, then those subscribers would be entitled to compensation for loss of the product which they paid for, as the new product offered by BW would no longer resemble what was advertised and included in the contract.

So it is not incorrect to state that those who subscribed to SWTOR as an MMO are entitled to an MMO experience (of course we could debate forever and a day as to what an "MMO experience" is), nor is it wrong for them to be so entitled. What is wrong is for those who have paid for SWTOR to feel entitled to a KOTOR 3 game, as no such game was advertised or sold to them. They may request such a game, or elements of it to be included in SWTOR, but by no means do they deserve it and BW is under no obligation to provide it.

By the same token, it can also be said that it is wrong for non-subscribing players to feel entitled to anything from BW, as they have not entered into any contract with BW or EA with regards to this game. There is arguably a gray area for those who do not sub but do purchase cartel coins, as they have contributed to the funding of the game, however if you review the terms of cartel coin purchases I am fairly certain you will find that such purchases do not entitle the buyer to anything beyond the use of their bought cartel coins in the SWTOR cartel market.

So to reiterate for those who skip through anything longer than 150 characters (i.e., the "tl;dr" crowd): "Entitlement" in itself is not bad; false entitlement is bad, but true entitlement is to be defended and upheld.

• 3 weeks later...

Y'know, just few years ago I was in the crowd yelling "we want more hardcore content, all this casual f2p stuff is killing the game, stop making things so easy, casuals dont deserve as much attention!"

Really, that's a younger player's standpoint. When you're a kid, a teenager, or even a young adult, your mindset is completely ego-based. You only care about proving how good you are and how terrible everyone else is (even though, in so many cases, you really arent as good as you think).

When you grow up a bit, you start to realize that you have less and less time for that kind of thing. It's hard to find time to run four hour raids and struggle through wipes and progressive content when you're working full time, taking care of a family, and trying your damndest to get a little bit of sleep inbetween.

I will say that I like a challenge, I'm not one to just want to stroll through everything without having to earn my way, but time investment is always a hindrance that turns me away from some games. When I've got, at most, an hour or two a night to get online and find something entertaining to do, I dont want to spend that precious time among squabbling, bickering players blaming each other for wipes and flaunting how big their epeens are because they just won another piece of gear. I'd much rather get into the game, play on my own terms, and have fun with it.

Bioware (and so many other gaming developers) seem to be taking an understanding to this, and to the fact that it's not those bickering teenagers wanting to call themselves elitists that have the money, it's adults that have precious, limited game time. When you cater to the players who have more money, you make more money.

Honestly never thought I'd be taking the 'casual' side of this argument, but age changes all perspective.

Add SWG to the list. The devs listened to the players, and that is what ended up running it into the ground and causing a need for a CU and NGE in the first place.

So I had a first hand seat to evidence that always listening to the players is a BAD idea.

BULL

The devs ignored the players, the forums were full of "FFS don't do that!" threads, and when they went ahead and did it anyway, the exodus began. You, you have it backwards.

To quote John Smedley:

"With the NGE, I'm sorry about the mistake we made," he told us. "We screwed up and didn't listen to the fans when we should have, and it's not a mistake we're going to make again."

"[The mistake was] to not just think we know the right direction without bringing the fans into the mix," he explained. "We made the cardinal sin of not listening, but assuming and we were wrong."

source: http://www.warcry.com/articles/view/interviews/2301-John-Smedley-Exclusive-Interview-with-the-SOE-CEO

Edited by Hiply

Well, there's tons of movies, for a while now, that are all about young adults and their adventures (Twilight, Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Divergent, etc...). When I complained about it to my teenage daughter, she hugged me, gave me a kiss, and said "Papa, I'm sorry, but you are no longer the target market."

I'm guessing with SWTOR 4.0 and some... (many?)... other MMOs out there, that challenge seekers are no longer the target market. And, if people's complaints are real that most games are being "dumbed down", then that's spreading in the industry because suits think faceroller money > challenge seeker money (whether it's true or not)...

Fortunately for me, what I lost in movies, I gained in games. I LOVE easy faceroll (insert new kid word) games...

i.e. Yay me re: 4.0...

EDIT = Oh, and I've played Mass Effect / Baldur's Gate / The Force Unleashed / etc... on easiest settings. It didn't affect my experience of the story at all...

Edited by DalrisThane