it's amazing !!!

Macetheace

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh, I thought Rishi for the first time was actually far more exciting because it had a Baldur's Gate feel to those streets, and a fun cheerful vibe from the start with that monkey lizard joke and a bunch of tongue-in-cheek stuff. I feel very constrained in KofTE, and like I just got to get through it to be back in the open world again with all the things I like about the game. Companions, humor, other people, cool protagonists with snappy dialogues, meandering worlds. This so far was just another reincarnation of another ancient evil stirring subplot and killing off stuff in the long corridors. It's like Ziost take 2.

I actually like that approach about KotFE for an expansion, an and I think it's brilliant.. and expansion should be an epic story that you go through, then you can go back into the world after all the events are done and do the sort of questing like you did on Rishi and Yavin 4 in SoR giving you lots of content and allowing all the new worlds to be reusable twice round without feeling so at all.. you get lot of PVE solo content for end game and you can get your FPs and OPS.. my only issue now is ofc, is i'm not sure what will motivate me o keep my toons fully decked.. i don't feel end game offers me much incentive to gear up and deck up

they could introduce something similiar to what ESO does with their skill points and skyshards, the game already has datacrons, so that could be expanded, with new ones added as rewards, and a system that uses those points to enhance or diversify your characters abilities further - give you new animations to melee moves, visuals to your force abilities, and alternative effects. Maybe have things like your armor type grant you abilities and features that these datacrons can use. it would keep you going through instances and OPs to get more crons, and ofc the effort taken is never wasted even with a new expansion and new gear that makes all your high end goodies obsolete.

I could ALMOST chalk up your post to a difference of opinion, but one phrase stuck out to me.

"A sense of adventure".

Star Wars has always been a Space Opera or Space Fantasy. It was inspired by old Flash Gordon serials and Errol Flynn Swashbucking movies. The point is, no matter how doom and gloom it got, there was always that sense of adventure there, that sense of "anything is possible." It's what brought the fun.

I haven't played the new story yet, but I hope in crafting this intense, story-driven experience, the developers remember that Star Wars doesn't just benefit from light-hearted fun; it almost mandates it. The imprint of such is everywhere in Star Wars' DNA.

And they have the characters who can do that too - Gault, Guss Tuno, Kaliyo, and M1-4X to name a few.

I hope as we get this finely crafted story, they make time for the fun, and find the right balance.

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED... this is what it really excels at ... it was made all the more sweeter for me because i had no or low expectations, i know what having high expectations can do, but it definitely ahs that sense of adventure.

This is one of the best xpacs I've played of any game in the past couple of years. It seems like everything is falling into place now. I'm loving the story, the alliance grind, and my guild is raiding every night. There is so much interest that we aren't even using group finder that much. Mostly 16man runs.

So, far so good. If BW delivers on episodic story and delivers new Ops and PvP, this game is going to be in great shape.

This is one of the best xpacs I've played of any game in the past couple of years. It seems like everything is falling into place now. I'm loving the story, the alliance grind, and my guild is raiding every night. There is so much interest that we aren't even using group finder that much. Mostly 16man runs.

So, far so good. If BW delivers on episodic story and delivers new Ops and PvP, this game is going to be in great shape.

agreed. it really does.

now lets see what comes for Ops and Pvp .. they need something dynamic, engaging, and rewarding. something that doing the warzones and Ops over and over again can build into something bigger both for your character and for content, Like getting resources to allow you to unlock something or particiapte in a World v World epic encounter.. something like that.

I could ALMOST chalk up your post to a difference of opinion, but one phrase stuck out to me.

"A sense of adventure".

Star Wars has always been a Space Opera or Space Fantasy. It was inspired by old Flash Gordon serials and Errol Flynn Swashbucking movies. The point is, no matter how doom and gloom it got, there was always that sense of adventure there, that sense of "anything is possible." It's what brought the fun.

I haven't played the new story yet, but I hope in crafting this intense, story-driven experience, the developers remember that Star Wars doesn't just benefit from light-hearted fun; it almost mandates it. The imprint of such is everywhere in Star Wars' DNA.

And they have the characters who can do that too - Gault, Guss Tuno, Kaliyo, and M1-4X to name a few.

I hope as we get this finely crafted story, they make time for the fun, and find the right balance.

I would say there's definitely an element of fun in the story so far. Won't go into spoilers, obviously. But I feel it's definitely there.

I made it to Chapter 2

There are nine chapters broheim. ;)

I was hooked after Chapter 2. Kept wanting to login and see what happened next. Thought all the new characters were flushed out really well. Story made sense and flowed well. Enjoyed it immensely. I'm actually looking forward to doing it again which is a feeling I frankly did not have for Makeb or SoR.

Yes, I was just going to say, it may get better as it progresses. Getting a companion, even Lana Benico would make it a bit less lonely and claustrophobic. But I feel I have too much to do in the game atm with all the regearing and the ops to play it to find out. Edited by DomiSotto

Yes, I was just going to say, it may get better as it progresses. Getting a companion, even Lana Benico would make it a bit less lonely and claustrophobic. But I feel I have too much to do in the game atm with all the regearing and the ops to play it to find out.

I encourage you to just go for it, don't bother worrying about gearing now, till you get to the last chapter then you can sort that out.. just go for it and have fun ;), it gets interesting.

I had a lot of fun in the chapters, I was worried about when I finished them though. I am very happy with what came after, I'm having a lot of fun with the alliance stuff. I think they did a great job so far and I can't wait for some more chapters. I do miss my old companions though but I'll be fine for now.

Pretty much sums it up for me perfectly. :)

Overall a fantastic expac , so many things are great, the story all of the QOL changes pretty much too many to name and a rewards system and progression system that is interesting and worthwhile (character development/follower development).

All up

GG Bioware.

Also its nice to see some positivity on these forums...:D

Pretty much sums it up for me perfectly. :)

Overall a fantastic expac , so many things are great, the story all of the QOL changes pretty much too many to name and a rewards system and progression system that is interesting and worthwhile (character development/follower development).

All up

GG Bioware.

Also its nice to see some positivity on these forums...:D

indeed.. i get people have problems, but when i'm excited about something i post about it too, can't let the nay sayers be the only ones to air their ire.

I would say there's definitely an element of fun in the story so far. Won't go into spoilers, obviously. But I feel it's definitely there.

yeah..agreed, she just hadn't gotten to the lighter stuff, there are some side cracking moments.. she was on chapter two ..so you kinda know it's still very sobering.

The other games you've played, must have been literal **** I take it, OP?

well, i play.. WoW, ESO, FFXIV, WS, Tera, GW2, Dragon Age Inquisition, even Lineage II , all these titles including swtor have some really good things about them, but, SWTOR has had the most enjoyable expansion of the lot, the most interesting, and the most engaging to experience. It was very smart this play, and it pays off. I also like how they get you to do instances all over.. skyforge is very clever. Ofc they're not the only ones that do clever. GW2 expansion is very traditional and it's quite impressive in a traditional sense, as was FFXIV - but whiles everyone is doing traditional, this is so refreshing, it made it easily the most enjoyable of the lot.

I'm enjoying the expansion immensely. The alliance grind is pretty gentle even by American mmo standards and it's a fresher twist on the revenue generating round of endgame areas. As with all things one repeats, it'll lose some luster, but with the quick travel options to heroics and the reasonable price you can get from a vendor on legacy bound stuff from influence boxes, it doesn't feel like you're on a treadmill running in place.

There are nine chapters broheim. ;)

I was hooked after Chapter 2. Kept wanting to login and see what happened next. Thought all the new characters were flushed out really well. Story made sense and flowed well. Enjoyed it immensely. I'm actually looking forward to doing it again which is a feeling I frankly did not have for Makeb or SoR.

I agree!

A mechanism that makes you level cap instantly and let the companions do all the work for you while watching a movie is a questionable MMO design. Great story but KOTFE is passive entertainment only. Games require player interaction but this has been totally ignored in KOTFE. Edited by KnightOfTython

For me, playing through Fallen Empire feels like I'm back playing KotOR again ... as the thread title states ... Amazing ... looking forward to more of this ...

Despite some of the nay-sayers, it was an amazing experience ... I dare say those dissenters who claim 'too easy' were wearing high level gear ... maybe they should try it again in basic green drops ...

Way to go, BW ... THIS is how SWTOR™ SHOULD have been at launch :cool:

Yes, the story and the cutscenes are great. So, the actual KotFE is awesome.

But what about the rest of the game? The things that remain after 6 or 7 hours?

alliance is fun, I'm enjoying it

Please reply in 3 weeks again when you found out that you have to grind heroics again and again and again. And nothing else. I can imagine that you are enjoying it right now. But for how long? I was done with it after I finished the Alderaan mini storyline for the companion. Could not be bothered to do the exact same thing on 5 more planets.

Who gave them the idea that heroics should become the major big thing in this game with 4.0 (apart from the new storyline)?

The story is pretty good. The cutscenes are great along with the ambience of Zakkul,especially the swamps imo. Really well done there. Time will tell as far as the alliance system with how long I will be interested there as I'm not a big fan of rep grinds, thanks STO. Leveling new toons is alot better than before. It isn't overkill like with 12x XP and it isn't nearly as bad as it was before 12x XP.

Overall, I'm really happy about 4.0 and KotFE. Well done BW.

Please reply in 3 weeks again when you found out that you have to grind heroics again and again and again. And nothing else. I can imagine that you are enjoying it right now. But for how long? I was done with it after I finished the Alderaan mini storyline for the companion. Could not be bothered to do the exact same thing on 5 more planets.

Who gave them the idea that heroics should become the major big thing in this game with 4.0 (apart from the new storyline)?

For me, the new way of using Heroics is a very nice touch, as far as grinding goes.. And yes, it's a grind..

But so were the dailies and the heroics have completely replaced those for me..

I get to rack in loads of creds and get alliance crates besides. I'm currently leveling up another stealther, so I have one on each side. (Thus giving the heroic run some variation). This way, I can switch between sides, when I get too tired of running one sides' heroics and thus it adds some variation to my dailies, which is a very nice bonus.

- And with the Alliance Crates being BtL, you can make a toon strictly for doing the heroics in the most effective/enjoyable way and then just fork the results over to whatever char you want them on.. With 40 slots total, available, it shouldn't be a problem.

With regular playing hours, and adding some FPs and OPs (as well as leveling new toons) to the schedule, I'm pretty sure I can only run one set of each sides Heroics a week. That makes the 'daily run' a LOT less tedious.

As does the straight-to-gate transport system, which means I don't even have to spend time actually getting to the heroic.

Good times. :-)

I encourage you to just go for it, don't bother worrying about gearing now, till you get to the last chapter then you can sort that out.. just go for it and have fun ;), it gets interesting.

Ah, no, my sub expires in the end of January. The story is going nowhere, but crafting, warzones and Ops will stop being readily available on the preferred. Plus, if I even move any of my normal characters in the KotFE (I've tried it on a free 60), I will lose access to the crew skills till I can get to the companion terminal. And running content without simultaneously running crew missions is really inefficient, since the meta has changed and all the augments have to be replaced. And, I hear, some companions can't even be regained, so... yeah, KotFE can wait.

Edited by DomiSotto

Please reply in 3 weeks again when you found out that you have to grind heroics again and again and again. And nothing else.

There's all sorts of stuff to do besides heroics. FPs, OPs, WZ, GSF, Alts, SH... really, the same stuff as before. Now those all might be of no interest to you, but its not "nothing else". The Alliance grind is a new thing, above and beyond all the stuff we had to do before.

There's all sorts of stuff to do besides heroics. FPs, OPs, WZ, GSF, Alts, SH... really, the same stuff as before. Now those all might be of no interest to you, but its not "nothing else". The Alliance grind is a new thing, above and beyond all the stuff we had to do before.

I also don't see the heroic grind as a problem, as :

1) They are short

2) They offer a variety of things to do and objectives to complete.

By that notion, they are even less of a grind than flashpoints, which are just "fight to boss, kill boss, wash, rinse, repeat."