Level 60 boost, legacy armor set.

Ampalaea

So I was reading a post on reddit where people ask what class should they boost to 60 and someone advice him to level a Jedi Knight because of the legacy armor and gave this screenshot http://massivelyop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/swtor_kotfe_screenshot_16-1024x576.jpg .

Now I need to ask...If you boost a character to 60, you get an armor set specific to that class? And this set is not available to get from other sources?

Also, depending on your class, a crew skill is also leveled with you...what crew skills are leveled for each class? Someone said he made a Bounty Hunter and he got Armormech..

Thanks

When you make your free 60 just look at each class, the armor they are wearing is exactly what you'll get. As of right now its possible to make a 60, strip them of the armor mail it to a main/alt then delete them and make a new one until you get all of the armors. Requires a lil bit of the quest to get coin to send it, but as long as you dont level to 61 you should be fine. This worked as of yesterday not sure if the patch might have changed things or not.

When you make your free 60 just look at each class, the armor they are wearing is exactly what you'll get. As of right now its possible to make a 60, strip them of the armor mail it to a main/alt then delete them and make a new one until you get all of the armors. Requires a lil bit of the quest to get coin to send it, but as long as you dont level to 61 you should be fine. This worked as of yesterday not sure if the patch might have changed things or not.

What do you mean? That I have unlimited free level 60 if I delete the boosted character each time? Thats crazy :) anyone can confirm if he did that after the patch of today?

What do you mean? That I have unlimited free level 60 if I delete the boosted character each time? Thats crazy :) anyone can confirm if he did that after the patch of today?

Can't confirm as of today's patch but I did this multiple times in early access. All the gear on newly minted 60's in Bound to Legacy so you don't even have to mail it. Throw it in you legacy storage in your stronghold.

I did this for my Jedi Knight, Trooper, Inquisitor, and Bounty Hunter just for the look of the armors (though I did use some pieces to replace gear I had).

Create a new 60, teleport to stronghold, drop gear into legacy storage, log out and delete. Repeat until you have everything you want.

Can't confirm as of today's patch but I did this multiple times in early access. All the gear on newly minted 60's in Bound to Legacy so you don't even have to mail it. Throw it in you legacy storage in your stronghold.

I did this for my Jedi Knight, Trooper, Inquisitor, and Bounty Hunter just for the look of the armors (though I did use some pieces to replace gear I had).

Create a new 60, teleport to stronghold, drop gear into legacy storage, log out and delete. Repeat until you have everything you want.

^ yeah that's a better way to do it :D

Also, depending on your class, a crew skill is also leveled with you...what crew skills are leveled for each class? Someone said he made a Bounty Hunter and he got Armormech..

Trooper: armor, scavenging and UW trading if I remember correctly

Inquisitor: synth, archeology and UW trading if I remember correctly

Don't know about others.

Edited by Halinalle

Trooper: armor, scavenging and UW trading if I remember correctly

Inquisitor: synth, archeology and UW trading if I remember correctly

Don't know about others.

Thats it....

Force users get syth + skills, non-force get armor + skills, you don't get to pick and those are the only 2 profiles you get.

I don't know about all the sets, but if you are simply interested in the armor appearances, I saw a new chestpiece on the GTN that looked like the Agent set. It was crafted, though I don't know where the schematics are from.

I don't know about all the sets, but if you are simply interested in the armor appearances, I saw a new chestpiece on the GTN that looked like the Agent set. It was crafted, though I don't know where the schematics are from.

honestly, only Jedi Knight, Inquisitor and smuggler are good (for my taste :) ). I think that since they are legacy bound, you can just save the appearance and then send them to other toons also..but if they can also be crafted, thats also good, for people that don't about that trick :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Anyone know if this still works? Really want some of the armor pieces, and don't mind buying a token if this is still a viable way to get those pieces of armor.

No, they are now BoP.... there are other ways to get them though. Through the Alliance crates and by crafting.

Anyone know if this still works? Really want some of the armor pieces, and don't mind buying a token if this is still a viable way to get those pieces of armor.

They 'fixed' it in 4.1.

The armor is no longer Bound to Legacy.

Wish I'd gotten the armor to all of my alts now... but at least I got the Jedi armor.

You can get the gear through alliance crates and the new crafted stuff in 4.1

I've never gotten it through alliance crates and I've bought a lot of them. Do you mean those older sets that look kinda different?

What's this about crafting though?

They mean the alliance crates you turn into the KOTFE npc's

I've gotten the lvl 60 inquis robe and lower legs look one, from doctor i believe

Oh right, those.

Sadly they're not 100% accurate, the underworld knight set has a hood for example, which completely ruins the look imo.