Please make more PvP companions - 1 of each class please

Master-Nala

I'm loving having M1-4X on my team and I think it's great that you integrated a PvP component into KOTFE. There is absolutely no need for the Alliance system to be a PvE only affair. I loved that you picked two of the most patriotic members of each faction's companions to start this off.

I would love to see one companion from each of the base classes gated this way. It should be LORE based by being a companion that wouldn't be too happy working for an Imp/Pub respectively.

May I suggest:

Consulars - Zenith: The chance of getting Zenith to work for an Imp is slim to none. He might be persuaded to work WITH Imps, but never for them.

Smugglers - Corso: Likewise, he hates Imps and would never work with them.

Sgt. Rusk (can we promote this poor guy to Captain or something): He's about as crazy anti-Imp as 4X.

Inquisitor - Khem Val: I just can't see this guy answering to a Jedi or a Smuggler. He may not have anything against the Republic personally, but I don't think he would work with them.

Agent - Temple: She drank the kool-aid a long time ago and the Ensign (who also should probably be a Captain or better by now) doesn't seem like she would ever answer directly to a member of the Galactic Republic.

Bounty Hunter - Torian: This is a bit of a stretch, but I honestly can't think of any other BH companion that would work. Mako might as well be a member of the Republic given her outlook, Gault would fit right in in the underworld section, Blizz should be denied to no one; and conversely everyone should have the pleasure of killing Skadge someday!

Also, can we make it a bit more difficult to get each of the new ones. Something like (using the republic for example):

Zenith: 30 Wins; or 50 Valor

Corso: 40 matches; or 60 Valor

Rusk: 50 matches; or 70 Valor

With the caveat that if the companion was formerly limited to your class you get them automatically.

It's a great thing you did making PvP relevant to this expansion. Let's increase it!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just by looking at the difference between the PVE and PVP server populations this will never happen..

Doing this will drive a lot of people from playing this game.. Nobody likes to be forced to play PVP.. Yet since the beta, both Bioware and PVP'ers have been trying..

Your idea will not happen.. It forces people to PVP and that is not a good thing.. People don't like it.. Nothing more to say.. ;)

Just by looking at the difference between the PVE and PVP server populations this will never happen..

Doing this will drive a lot of people from playing this game.. Nobody likes to be forced to play PVP.. Yet since the beta, both Bioware and PVP'ers have been trying..

Your idea will not happen.. It forces people to PVP and that is not a good thing.. People don't like it.. Nothing more to say.. ;)

pve elitism in action boys

Edited by runescapeisgood

To be fair he's probably right, it most likely won't happen. I don't have anything against the idea, or exclusivity of rewards but the reality is a lot of people would be angry, and many would quit. Odds are more than it would make happy. Companies tend to air on the side of caution in situations like this, so I'd be honestly surprised if it happened.

Edited by Kalzyk

I don't get why are people upset about this.

The character has their condition you need to follow in order for them to join you. If you don't want to comply, they won't join you, simple as that. If you don't like pvp, live with the consequences you bring upon yourself by avoiding part of the game. Don't demand everything to be accesible via the content you like.

Imagine being on a real-life recruitment drive and you meet a person who says they wont join you because they don't feel like your goals are same as theirs. And they will demand you to prove that you are capable of taking action in time of need. Then you just say "sorry I dont kill people, but I want you to join me on my road trip around the world" and they will be like "**** off".

I enjoy the diversity, and in all honestly 20 warzones is nothing, you can do one wz a day, so what, it will take longer to get the companion but then again, it's your choice.

/logic

Edited by naNuke

To be fair he's probably right, it most likely won't happen. I don't have anything against the idea, or exclusivity of rewards but the reality is a lot of people would be angry, and many would quit. Odds are more than it would make happy. Companies tend to air on the side of caution in situations like this, so I'd be honestly surprised if it happened.

Nobody is going to quit the game over not being able to get an optional companion without PvPing, they will either suck it up and PvP or just choose not to get that companion. I absolutely despise starfighter, but I'd be in favor of some companions requiring that as well.

I don't get why are people upset about this.

The character has their condition you need to follow in order for them to join you. If you don't want to comply, they won't join you, simple as that. If you don't like pvp, live with the consequences you bring upon yourself by avoiding part of the game. Don't demand everything to be accesible via the content you like.

Imagine being on a real-life recruitment drive and you meet a person who says they wont join you because they don't feel like your goals are same as theirs. And they will demand you to prove that you are capable of taking action in time of need. Then you just say "sorry I dont kill people, but I want you to join me on my road trip around the world" and they will be like "**** off".

I enjoy the diversity, and in all honestly 20 warzones is nothing, you can do one wz a day, so what, it will take longer to get the companion but then again, it's your choice.

/logic

If only people on these forums actually had that logic thing you do so well.

great post.

why not just give people the option...kill 500 of something, or get 100 pvp kills or something. If you want to PVP you can still get said companion, if you don't like to pvp, there are still options.

I suppose would be the same thing as saying complete each operation on HM difficulty. how many people would be for that? or even SM difficulty?

why not just give people the option...kill 500 of something, or get 100 pvp kills or something. If you want to PVP you can still get said companion, if you don't like to pvp, there are still options.

I suppose would be the same thing as saying complete each operation on HM difficulty. how many people would be for that? or even SM difficulty?

You mean actually working towards a long-term goal? Oh hell no! /sarcasm

Make it 50k pve kills and we can talk.

I love the expansion so far but after getting around 20 companions in few hours it doesn't feel like there is anything to look ahead for, those companions are way too easy to recruit.

Why won't it happen? It already happened.

Any how can you be forced to do anything in a game that you voluntarily play? Are you sure you know what the word 'forced' means?

What is the justification for the choice there? What game works like that?

+1 (10 chars).

absolutely no need for the Alliance system to be a PvE only affair.

Wasn't the popular PvP saying that metrics made bioware make KOTFE a singleplayer experience?

Paraphrasing of course.

But yeah, speaking of metrics most people wouldn't like it. Heck I even know PvPers who don't like it because they don't want to do it on certain toons.

Not elitism.. Just PVE facts.. Go look at the server populations yourself..

There is a reason why there are vastly more people on the PVE servers than the PVP ones.. Saw the same thing in the Beta.. I can remember the beta forums, PVP'ers used to beg people to make toons on the PVP server..

What PVP'ers don't realize is this attitude of elitism and the idea that you can force PVP onto other people, drives people away.. Then you throw in the entire idea of ganking and corpse camping, or griefing, depending on where you are from.. Who wants do deal with that.. You PVP'ers feel it is your right because it is PVP.. Answer?? GO onto a PVE server..

Which they did.. In large numbers.. So call it what you want.. I am just stating fact.. :cool:

Edited by MajikMyst

Not elitism.. Just PVE facts.. Go look at the server populations yourself..

There is a reason why there are vastly more people on the PVE servers than the PVP ones.. Saw the same thing in the Beta.. I can remember the beta forums, PVP'ers used to beg people to make toons on the PVP server..

What PVP'ers don't realize is this attitude of elitism and the idea that you can force PVP onto other people, drives people away.. Then you throw in the entire idea of ganking and corpse camping, or griefing, depending on where you are from.. Who wants do deal with that.. You PVP'ers feel it is your right because it is PVP.. Answer?? GO onto a PVE server..

Which they did.. In large numbers.. So call it what you want.. I am just stating fact.. :cool:

Actually, the largest PvP population is on Harbinger. It's a significant part of the reason that server is so crowded. So it does not follow that you can look solely at PvP servers to determine the participation in PvP. Myself for example. I like PvP quite a bit, but I also like PvE. So when I want to PvE, I don't flag. Simple.

That's the thing. If we set this out like a Venn Diagram. All servers allow PvP, some require PvP. But PvP is ever-present in this game. Just because you refuse to take part is no concern of the developers.

Excellent idea! Keep breaking the story even further!

The current two companions already don't make sense at all, just add more, it will fix itself that way!

You said in another post that you got 4X. What story have you found locked behind him? I've had him for a few days and he seems pretty cosmetic to me. Where do you get this wishful idea that there is story there to find?

What is the justification for the choice there? What game works like that?

why does some other game have to do it? You give people the option to play part of the game they want to play. If they want to PVP to earn it they can. Otherwise they can just do the PVE route and although may take longer, still give them the ability. without an unnecessary "requirement". Options are always welcome.

You said in another post that you got 4X. What story have you found locked behind him? I've had him for a few days and he seems pretty cosmetic to me. Where do you get this wishful idea that there is story there to find?

/facepalm

That's not what I mean at all.

What I mean is this:

Why does my character, who is leading a growing Pub/Imp Alliance, and on the day it was offcially founded either begged everyone to bear one another (Light) or threatened to chop any dissenter in half with his lightsaber (Dark) readily accepts to go and fan the flames of the Pub-Imp war even when every major character in the first 9 chapters tells us it should be stopped because it's a waste of lives, ressources and it's basically a game for Arcann anyway.

Or better, why am I killing Imps to recruit Forex into an Alliance made up of Imps for half of it?

It's ridiculous! It makes no sense.

And that is why the quest doesn't belong. When a part of your story breaks the willing suspension of disbelief so hard it's grotesque, it's better to rework it and/or remove it altogether.

Right now, Pierce/Forex is are total story-breaker. Their quests don't belong into an "Alliance" context.

Correlation does not imply causation

There was a directly observable increase in the population of Harbinger over the last year which coincided with a concerted effort by PvP players to concentrate on a smaller number of servers. If you don't care about PvP, I would assume (dangerous I know) that you haven't been paying attention to that community. I do care and I have been.

why does some other game have to do it? You give people the option to play part of the game they want to play. If they want to PVP to earn it they can. Otherwise they can just do the PVE route and although may take longer, still give them the ability. without an unnecessary "requirement". Options are always welcome.

Not for our OP. Options are evil because it removes content PvP "deserve" (I suppose. I never got why he opposed an alternative apart "It's a PvP reward").

/facepalm

That's not what I mean at all.

What I mean is this:

Why does my character, who is leading a growing Pub/Imp Alliance, and on the day it was offcially founded either begged everyone to bear one another (Light) or threatened to chop any dissenter in half with his lightsaber (Dark) readily accepts to go and fan the flames of the Pub-Imp war even when every major character in the first 9 chapters tells us it should be stopped because it's a waste of lives, ressources and it's basically a game for Arcann anyway.

Or better, why am I killing Imps to recruit Forex into an Alliance made up of Imps for half of it?

It's ridiculous! It makes no sense.

And that is why the quest doesn't belong. When a part of your story breaks the willing suspension of disbelief so hard it's grotesque, it's better to rework it and/or remove it altogether.

Right now, Pierce/Forex is are total story-breaker. Their quests don't belong into an "Alliance" context.

You mean like the fact that the dozen or so Heroic quests where you are killing the opposite faction? And where said Heroic quests are by far one of the best ways to get materials for your Alliance?

I look forward to your post complaining about those PvE quests for breaking your precious immersion.

On that note, what are you doing now that Chapter 9 is done then? Most of the repeatable content has you in direct or indirect opposition to the other faction. Are you carefully avoiding those for the exceptions where that isn't the case?