The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Best update since launch

TonyTricicolo

For the moment I am also rather happy, but I am not too sure how the new story holds up in the long run, I mean it feels rather narrow, since we can often not select which companion we want to use and such things, hope that will be better with the next parts of the story though!

Bravo Bioware! Job well done! Despite minor glitches and the occasional lag, I haven't had this much fun since the beginning.

LMFAO. Man you must be blind. hahahahahahahaha. This update is the biggest joke since launch. Glad you and the few like it. Theres a hell of a lot more players who disagree with you

LMFAO. Man you must be blind. hahahahahahahaha. This update is the biggest joke since launch. Glad you and the few like it. Theres a hell of a lot more players who disagree with you

You and what army mate? :D

All kidding aside, I completely agree with the OP. Best update since launch, and it's not even close!

And for the record, every single friend and guildmate that I've talked to is absolutely loving 4.0 so far. Some weren't too on-board with level sync, but they gave it a try and are really enjoying it now. It's safe to say that the handful of people complaining on these forums represent the severe minority. :)

Butt-hurt much? I am a big critic of the game but this is the best expansion so far. Yes. The endgame is pathetic (EV bugged) and PvP remains the black sheep. However, the story is nice and the way that they changed things ...I like it so far.

no one in my guild is very impressed with the patch/expansion

level sync is widely regarded (within my guild) as pointless, crafting is a joke, pvp is hilariously bad, and end game is non-existant. Hardly feels like an expansion at all, just overhauling of game mechanics.

Same in my guild. Level sync killed the gearing and leveling. Companions gearing is not anymore, which is a big no no, flashpoints are completely messed up. A lot of my guildies are leaving the game soon. Hopefully it will be corrected. I respect your opinion but this isn't the majority's.

Butt-hurt much? I am a big critic of the game but this is the best expansion so far. Yes. The endgame is pathetic (EV bugged) and PvP remains the black sheep. However, the story is nice and the way that they changed things ...I like it so far.

Thats so sad you think this is the best expansion ever. This is the biggest joke ever for swtor. Hense why so many people are leaving. Lmao. Im all for new stories and whatnot. But these game mechanics now, the companions, level sync, etc, are a compete joke. Enjoy it while it lasts

no one in my guild is very impressed with the patch/expansion

level sync is widely regarded (within my guild) as pointless, crafting is a joke, pvp is hilariously bad, and end game is non-existant. Hardly feels like an expansion at all, just overhauling of game mechanics.

Well I'm sorry to hear that you and your friends are having such a terrible time in such an enjoyable game, really.

Respectfully of course, I completely disagree with every point you made. Level sync is absolutely not pointless, as it ties in to the new alliance system, and the revamped heroic/leveling system. Crafting is vastly improved now with less clutter, less useless junk, new items, and certain craftable items being moved to the profession that should have had them all along. End game got a revamp that made old operations and flashpoints relevant again by providing a challenge and awarding proper gear drops. In addition, we got a brand new flashpoint and have been promised new operations in the not-too-distant future. And as far as pvp goes, the pvp in this game is far better than the pvp in other MMOs that I've played.

Also, 4.0 was a complete overhaul of game mechanics. You seemed to completely ignore the fact that we received an entire story-driven expansion on top of 4.0. One that contains much more story content than either of the two other expansions.

The game really is fun, if you let yourselves enjoy it. :)

Well I'm sorry to hear that you and your friends are having such a terrible time in such an enjoyable game, really.

Respectfully of course, I completely disagree with every point you made. Level sync is absolutely not pointless, as it ties in to the new alliance system, and the revamped heroic/leveling system. Crafting is vastly improved now with less clutter, less useless junk, new items, and certain craftable items being moved to the profession that should have had them all along. End game got a revamp that made old operations and flashpoints relevant again by providing a challenge and awarding proper gear drops. In addition, we got a brand new flashpoint and have been promised new operations in the not-too-distant future. And as far as pvp goes, the pvp in this game is far better than the pvp in other MMOs that I've played.

Also, 4.0 was a complete overhaul of game mechanics. You seemed to completely ignore the fact that we received an entire story-driven expansion on top of 4.0. One that contains much more story content than either of the two other expansions.

I love koolaid too. What's your favourite flavour?

Edited by RavageXX

Im all for new story stuff. Love the idea. These new game mechanics are a joke. Mainly level sync and the fact they took away skills now that you have to earn back. Thats a damn joke. Should not have to re earn a damn skill we had. They took away backstab from operative, and IMO, now the class is gimped from hell for taking away a main skill. Companion gear being useless is another issue that utter BS. Those of us who spent the time to get them geared up just got **** on big time. Just proves once again they cattered to the cry babies who dont like spending the time to do things.

I'm enjoying it as well and I just re-subbed a few months ago.

It is interesting how the majority of the comments are positive and the negative commentators seem to feel the need to pull in some number of unknown others "my guild" the "people I know", etc. I'm much more a believer in just posting "my" opinion :rak_03:

Edited by Erasimus

I'm enjoying it as well and I just re-subbed a few months ago.

It is interesting how the majority of the comments are positive and the negative commentators seem to feel the need to pull in some number of unknown others "my guild" the "people I know", etc. I'm much more a believer in just posting "my" opinion :rak_03:

Yes you're right, the "pro 4.0 changes" crowd certainly hasn't been pulling the anecdotal evidence card either. Mmmhmm.

You and what army mate? :D

All kidding aside, I completely agree with the OP. Best update since launch, and it's not even close!

And for the record, every single friend and guildmate that I've talked to is absolutely loving 4.0 so far. Some weren't too on-board with level sync, but they gave it a try and are really enjoying it now. It's safe to say that the handful of people complaining on these forums represent the severe minority. :)

*cough*

Yes you're right, the "pro 4.0 changes" crowd certainly hasn't been pulling the anecdotal evidence card either. Mmmhmm.

I ignore any comments from either side that claim to speak for anyone other than themselves. However, I must note that the negative comments seem a bit more, hmmm, desperate is probably a good word to describe them at the moment.

I'm just happy to see that positive comments, at least by unique posters, seem to be in the majority for the moment. It is a nice change of pace.

I find something bit sad in all this to be honest. MMO expansion where main beef is a 10 hour story.

You don't exactly play and 'live' through the story; we speak of watching cutscenes lazily punctuated by fights and encounters of utterly irrelevant difficulty. We can leave the worn out " is this still an MMO or not!" debate behind and instead consider if KOTFE still makes an RPG at all. Rather, it feels a form of entertainment similar to other cgi visual novels that are at best kinda game-ish. KOTFE bits of TOR ultimately have more similarities with Telltale's creations than it does to..say, ME2, WoW,DA:O, KOTOR.

- I really enjoyed first 4-5 chapters or so as well. Good story, and great storytelling. Latter being the bit where vanilla class stories always struggled.

- What I do not enjoy is realization this expansion is some 4-5 hours of watching cutscenes and 5 hours of corridors where any resemblance of difficulty or challenge is utterly removed as a game element.

- Great story, great narrative, great gameplay, great zone design..ultimately I feel this sum of all parts is what counts. That is what defines the experience, and how you experience the story. What I'm seeing is good story, good narrative, no meaningful gameplay and L shaped corridors.

- I'm stuck liking a game where huge portion of the community know, want or care about nothing besides looking at cutscenes. BW gives community what it wants, they'd be fool to do otherwise. What remaining community wants is not only to flay MMO elements off the game, but flay game as a whole, til only a 5 hour CGI visual novel remains. It results in a game-ish where nothing besides cool thing somebody wrote for Lana Beniko to say matters.

Edited by Stradlin

...we received an entire story-driven expansion on top of 4.0. One that contains much more story content than either of the two other expansions.

Those are some heavy duty blinders you have on.

I am glad you are enjoying it. really I am. For me, a rehashed story from a game I have already played, that takes less than 9 hours if you dawdle, is a really, really, far cry from the 1-50 story, which was superior in every way.

I ignore any comments from either side that claim to speak for anyone other than themselves. However, I must note that the negative comments seem a bit more, hmmm, desperate is probably a good word to describe them at the moment.

I'm just happy to see that positive comments, at least by unique posters, seem to be in the majority for the moment. It is a nice change of pace.

Means nothing either way. There are no shortages of shills, Bioware fanboys, or even paid employees on these forums. Same goes for the trolls who have nothing else better to do than slander anything and everything that occurs. The only thing that tells the real tale is the sub numbers which Bioware will never release.

ultimately, I don't think the 4.0 is going inject longevity into this game, at all. Quite the opposite for many people. But again, that's an opinion based on nothing more than inference.

For me, I know the game as it stands simply is not engaging enough to keep me subbed for months....the only reason I really log in is because I have 3 very good friends playing sporadically. Otherwise, poof.

I've been having fun with it so far. The story was great and that's just the beginning; the Alliance system (with level syncing) is actually a clever setup; there's literally a lot for me to do just on one character. I'm disappointed with a couple things that aren't game killers (but almost) but I'll leave them out of this particular thread. And there are some bugs but nothing critical and no massive performance hits that Makeb and SoR left us for awhile. I agree that this is the biggest and best xpac since launch by a wide margin.