Is This Really What People Want??

havokhead

http://www.torstatus.net/

Your anecdotal evidence is just that - anecdotal.

You see how silly you look now and you should have your eyes checked. But i dont really think its your eyes, because lieing like that goes beyond simple "error" because during the weekend it was MOST of the time (almost 60%) in heavy+ state.

Not sure if you can understand stats and trends but thank you for helping put actual numbers to back up what I said was my observations. The graphs on here show that I might be off just a little but we are plummeting in server population only a little over a week after 'expansion' release. Unheard of.

At SWTOR release we had 100 or more US servers. We now have 8 and in all reality we could have just 3. One for PvE, one PvP and one RP. Population wise we could just about only have one. KotFE excited people and there was a 30% increase in subs, only time will tell but I think that in another month or two the numbers will show that our brief nose up is replaced with a much steeper nose down.

Edited by TTGolding

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if you can understand stats and trends but thank you for helping put actual numbers to back up what I said was my observations. The graphs on here show that I might be off just a little but we are plummeting in server population only a little over a week after 'expansion' release. Unheard of.

At SWTOR release we had 100 or more US servers. We now have 8 and in all reality we could have just 3. One for PvE, one PvP and one RP. Population wise we could just have one. KotFE excited people and there was a 30% increase in subs, only time will tell but I think that in another month or two the numbers will show that our brief nose up is replaced with a much steeper nose down.

Bro, Harbinger can't even handle the population it has now. :rolleyes:

At SWTOR release we had 100 or more US servers. We now have 8 and in all reality we could have just 3. One for PvE, one PvP and one RP. Population wise we could just about only have one. KotFE excited people and there was a 30% increase in subs, only time will tell but I think that in another month or two the numbers will show that our brief nose up is replaced with a much steeper nose down.

Not sure that you understand that you were caught plain lieing, probably completely unaware that there is simple way to test your claims.

And then try to pull yourself out by concluding that what BW has been doing up to 4.0 (meaning YOUR way) resulted in decrease of players to populate 1 server (your claim)

Not sure if you understand how utterly silly you look by making such ..... posts.

Edited by Mikahrone

Not sure that you understand that you were caught plain lieing, probably completely unaware that there is simple way to test your claims.

And then try to pull yourself out by concluding that what BW has been doing up to 4.0 (menaning YOUR way) resulted in decrease of players to populate 1 server (your claim)

Not sure if you understand how utterly silly you look by making such ..... posts.

I particularly like how he's trying to move the goalposts to game launch population. Kinda 4 years late to be complaining about that.

Edited by hadoken

I particularly like how he's trying to move the goalposts to game launch population. Kinda 4 years late to be complaining about that.

Ye, except his moving goalposts actually made sure ball goes in :) as it just validated that BW needed 180 turn to try to revitalize the game.

Edited by Mikahrone

In my defense I didn't ENTIRELY type that from memory. I suppose getting the reference is bad enough though :p

Is it bad that it's the first thing that came to my mind when I read the thread title? And could actually recite much of the song lyrics from memory?

Is it bad that it's the first thing that came to my mind when I read the thread title? And could actually recite much of the song lyrics from memory?

Thank God I'm not the only one...the only concerning thing to me now is that it's ikinai who is the other one :p

I'm pretty happy with 4.0. I think the companions are a touch too powerful, but I like level sync, and I like knowing that there will be a reason to play my Jedi every month.

The whole 'it's not a MMO anymore' is IMO laughable. There's still FP's, Op's, PvP and the like to do. So it's still a MMO, even if you can do some of those thing solo.

The comedy here, from my perspective, is that for what these clowns are howling about as now being just a straight single player game, I've been doing more grouping then ever before.

Running groups of four in those H2 star fortresses, running groups of two to four to smash out heroic weeklies, putting together or participating in group finder OP runs for, more than anything else, new deco pieces...

Maybe I'm an outlier, in outlier guilds with other outliers, but where I play, we've been busy as all hell playing this more like an MMO than ever before.

It's easy stuff to group for. Grouping up irrespective of levels for heroic weeklies, HM's and even ops has never been easier on here.

Some people are weeping and gnashing their teeth that the cheese has been moved. They'd have us believe that everything in ruined now.

They don't know how to deal.

Frankly, they're the ones that just straight up crap the bed in the face of change when it's not their idea and they don't understand it.

If they'd stop acting like chicken little for ten seconds and maybe take a whole bottle of chill pills, maybe they'd join some groups and farm some fortresses with nice people, or go be social while doing weeklies, but nah.

They'll be over in their corner, crying their eyes out about how its too easy or some drek.

Yeah, OK, it's not exactly Dark Souls here.

It never was.

But hey. Some people do things and have fun.

Some wrong their hands and whine about all the fun they're not having, never admitting or realizing that it's their own stupid faults for either not getting half or going and doing that which they would enjoy.

Me and some of my guildies will be doing as many of the GF ops as we can ever day in the coming weeks. For gear, for giggles, for decorations, because why the Frick not.

We'll pretend we're very sad that it's clearly not an mmo though.

Promise*

* this is a lie. We're all going to laugh at them because have fun, because I don't hang around with malfunctioning children that blame everything, anything and anyone but themselves for all the fun they're not having.

Edited by Uruare

Nope. I came to this game because EAware stated in development that this was going to be a story driven MMO. They tauted how well they understood Operations. They bragged about having "the best pvp devs in the business" working on PvP. I'm not making any of this up. Those were EAware's words during development. Just because they didn't deliver what they promise doesn't give them an excuse to just throw it all away and concentrate on one thing. I don't blame people for being upset that this game turned into a single player easy mode movie. For years, people asked this company to improve the game play in all aspects, not just story. And they failed.

For those of you who are happy that you got your SPRPG, good for you. But some of us who came into this game, excited that we would be able to finally play KOTOR, the online MMO, are getting kicked to the curb, which isn't right. But whatever. History has a way of repeating itself. Getting rid of one audience of fans for another.

I do love the story. Bioware is excellent when it comes to that aspect and I love them for it. But I hate that they are sacrificing everything else just to have story. Doesn't sit well with me at all.

EA also claimed in pre-launch interviews that SWTOR would challenge WoW for market share. Then again, they also said that about Warhammer Online pre-launch.

Never listen to EA. They live in a parallel reality.

And then try to pull yourself out by concluding that what BW has been doing up to 4.0 (meaning YOUR way) resulted in decrease of players to populate 1 server (your claim)

Obviously reading comprehension isnt your strong suit. This is what I said

From what I am seeing we are below the 12x XP runup to KotFE. Harbinger went from heavy all through 12x XP at peak to standard tonight at peak and most of last weekend.

I thank you for this server pop site as it shows that my observations have been pretty much right on the money.

The 30 day Harbinger server numbers show that at release we had a population increase and it has been very quickly dying off since. The 7 day shows very quick spikes into the heavy range with a little more sustained on Sunday evening. Nowhere near the 60% heavy that you are lying about. However most wont check your numbers because most on these forums for some reason blindly close their eyes and stomp their feet with fingers in ears pretending there isnt a problem here.

There is a problem and either BW addresses it properly or this isnt gonna last much longer and I, for one, do not want to wait years again for another mmo SW game. I havent seen them address the actual issues near often enough. Instead creating other issues that push the majority of players out or into a frustration level that will not sustain their staying around for long.

So many on the forums (the opposite in game chat on planets, guild and fleets) seem to pretend there is no problem. That this (4.0) is the best thing to happen to the game ever. Well, to many of us, you are the problem. Accepting things that will hurt the game long term reduces the lifespan of this game.

Im not saying "look we had 100 servers then and 8 now" as a distraction, Im say open your f ing eyes and realize there is a huge issue that 4.0 has made worse. It cant be only my observations and, in face, your server pop status site bears out my observations. Pop is dropping and fast to pre 12X xp numbers. In a way unheard of this quick after an 'expansion'.

Story didnt work at release for keeping a good population and it isnt about to miraculously save the day now.

Edited by TTGolding

Obviously reading comprehension isnt your strong suit. This is what I said

From what I am seeing we are below the 12x XP runup to KotFE. Harbinger went from heavy all through 12x XP at peak to standard tonight at peak and most of last weekend.

I thank you for this server pop site as it shows that my observations have been pretty much right on the money.

The 30 day Harbinger server numbers show that at release we had a population increase and it has been very quickly dying off since. The 7 day shows very quick spikes into the heavy range with a little more sustained on Sunday evening. Nowhere near the 60% heavy that you are lying about. However most wont check your numbers because most on these forums for some reason blindly close their eyes and stomp their feet with fingers in ears pretending there isnt a problem here.

There is a problem and either BW addresses it properly or this isnt gonna last much longer and I, for one, do not want to wait years again for another mmo SW game. I havent seen them address the actual issues near often enough. Instead creating other issues that push the majority of players out or into a frustration level that will not sustain their staying around for long.

So many on the forums (the opposite in fame in chat on planets, guild and fleets) seem to pretend there is no problem. That this (4.0) is the best thing to happen to the game ever. Well, to many of us, you are the problem. Accepting things that will hurt the game long term reduces the lifespan of this game.

Im not saying "look we had 100 servers then and 8 now" as a distraction, Im say open your f ing eyes and realize there is a huge issue that 4.0 has made worse. It cant be only my observations and, in face, your server pop status site bears out my observations. Pop is dropping and fast to pre 12X xp numbers. In a way unheard of this quick after an 'expansion'.

Story didnt work at release for keeping a good population and it isnt about to miraculously save the day now.

Its a very simple graph. Try harder. And ill make it wasy for you. Click population trend tab.

You can do that for server for 60 days or overally for WHOLE YEAR.

DO you even know why they stopped tracking "very heavy"? Because it didnt happen in since launch lol

Edited by Mikahrone

I'm pretty happy with 4.0. I think the companions are a touch too powerful, but I like level sync, and I like knowing that there will be a reason to play my Jedi every month.

The whole 'it's not a MMO anymore' is IMO laughable. There's still FP's, Op's, PvP and the like to do. So it's still a MMO, even if you can do some of those thing solo.

Actually, we as players are forced to level through Bioware's returning to its storytelling roots (the expansion's grand and most touted achievement) as solo players. It's not that we can, it's that we have to. That is the point of contention. Ya, my wife & I can group and take turns "observing" each other for 5 hours at a clip. But really?

They should have added that little paradigm shift in the expansion's marquee, which I consider to be merely the most recent in a long line of non-disclosures that Bioware is famous for. And I'll rave about all the fresh and purely original progression content when it arrives. Gallivanting old planets doing heroic dailies for supply crates and rehashing the same FPs, HMs and Ops in forced tactical mode for level appropriate shinies does not an MMO end game make imho. Star Trek Online proved that.

Our join date is July 22, 2009. We've watched this game grow and become something different ... something special ... something that, aside from tiny samples of class quest dialogues and holo convos that were private, allowed us to level through the entire game while partaking in story together. That started changing with SoR and hit the wall with KotFE.

Change is a constant whose direction can't appease everyone. I get it. As beloved as KOTOR and Sith Lords were, not everyone wanted SWTOR to become KOTOR 3. My wife & I are two of them and have already had a letter couriered to Jeff Hickman in Austin about it. That's how strongly we disagree with some of the many wholesale changes The Fallen Empire gave us.

Had Bioware not made solo story play and tactical mode mandatory, I believe this discussion would have been more about companions being relegated to Barbie & Ken dolls or nitpicking the xpac's nuances, and less about the outright elimination of two staples that made playing SWTOR special.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Yes. Mostly. It's Star Wars. Story's the point, and KotFE has given us some amazing story.

I do have issues with some of BW's decisions. I don't like that my crew's missing, or that companions have been normalized. Getting everyone else's companions seems gratuitous. On the other hand, I was thrilled to get a certain cybernetically-enhanced super spy.

I also wish there was more to do after Chapter 9 than just PvP and FPs -- neither of which I enjoy. I haven't seen a supply crate in a week, as there are no solo options. Oh, wait. Six repeats of that same solo-mode FP, which grants one crate a week (stupid, stupid, stupid).

Edited by Bothan

Its a very simple graph. Try harder. And ill make it wasy for you. Click population trend tab.

You can do that for server for 60 days or overally for WHOLE YEAR.

DO you even know why they stopped tracking "very heavy"? Because it didnt happen in since launch lol

But it has now, I've seen Very Heavy out of multiple servers since 4.0 hit, not even just Harbinger.

Actually, we as players are forced to level through Bioware's returning to its storytelling roots (the expansion's grand and most touted achievement) as solo players.

That I agree with, I think making content that can only be played solo is a mistake. But that does not change the fact that this game still had a lot of MMO content, and as far as I know will be getting more of that type of content at some point.

That I agree with, I think making content that can only be played solo is a mistake. But that does not change the fact that this game still had a lot of MMO content, and as far as I know will be getting more of that type of content at some point.
Yes ... yes it did. Edited by GalacticKegger

Despite the name, an MMO is largely a solo experience.

I can't speak for everyone, but it's why I start getting back into SWTOR after basically being a GTN broker for a few months. Story is the only reason I will drop anything more than $10 on a video game. The 12x event allowed me to do what I've wanted to do since the game's launch: play through all 8 class stories.

However, story is also one of the reasons why I cancelled my sub earlier this week. It was hugely underwhelming, very short, and the stuff to do after the story is over is overly repetitive (even for MMO standards). Plus, I haven't been able to complete any of the Star Fortress flashpoints due to bugs, but that's another story. They also touted the expansion as being unique per class, which it isn't, and it's impossible to get even the slightest variance in how the story plays out by your decisions. I think the only people who won this battle were those who make up the marketing team!

And yet the server populations are plummeting and its barely a week out from the release of this 'expansion'. The numbers are easy to see on planets, in guild online and on the fleets. From what I am seeing we are below the 12x XP runup to KotFE. Harbinger went from heavy all through 12x XP at peak to standard tonight at peak and most of last weekend.

Its easy to see that we are in worse shape than before this 'expansion' . Story, BW's 4th pillar that they put all faith into, was met with a resounding NO at release by the vast majority and almost had this entire game shut down quickly. F2P keeps the server power on but for how long?

What shocks me is how quickly people tired of it.

Ah hahahahahahahaha. Oh wait, you're serious? Evidently you play on a PvP server, because the servers had to come down for an upgrade to accommodate all the people that have been hitting them since it went live. I know, I know, facts should not be allowed into your rant, right? There's been at least one thread since it went live complaining about being in a queue to log into the game.

Our join date is July 22, 2009. We've watched this game grow and become something different ... something special ... something that, aside from tiny samples of class quest dialogues and holo convos that were private, allowed us to level through the entire game while partaking in story together. That started changing with SoR and hit the wall with KotFE.

Change is a constant whose direction can't appease everyone. I get it. As beloved as KOTOR and Sith Lords were, not everyone wanted SWTOR to become KOTOR 3. My wife & I are two of them and have already had a letter couriered to Jeff Hickman in Austin about it. That's how strongly we disagree with some of the many wholesale changes The Fallen Empire gave us.

I hear ya, man. The wife left SWTOR after the forced solo story of SoR. Although I played the KoTFE story, she saw what an utter single-player experience wall it was, and refused to rejoin me. I'm another that didn't want KOTOR 3. We didn't join SWTOR on launch day to get a KOTOR 3. We did it to get a story driven, themepark designed, Star Wars MMO.

The mandatory single player story design they started with SoR and hammered into the wood with KoTFE now has us playing together in a different MMO.

Edited by Jumajin

And yet the server populations are plummeting and its barely a week out from the release of this 'expansion'. The numbers are easy to see on planets, in guild online and on the fleets. From what I am seeing we are below the 12x XP runup to KotFE. Harbinger went from heavy all through 12x XP at peak to standard tonight at peak and most of last weekend.

Its easy to see that we are in worse shape than before this 'expansion' . Story, BW's 4th pillar that they put all faith into, was met with a resounding NO at release by the vast majority and almost had this entire game shut down quickly. F2P keeps the server power on but for how long?

What shocks me is how quickly people tired of it.

This post should be put onto Reddit or any big name gaming site as it sums up why the game is falling apart. If people want story then go get a book or a single player game, this is an MMO and it should have MMO content. F2P isn't going to help them that much longer, and from what I've been reading Disney may take a look at that contract they have with EA after Battlefront bombs in a few weeks.

Really TOR is just yet another slap in the face to us gamers this year. I think we'll see some huge changes next year with just about all the big name titles looking like they are going to bomb.