The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware, remove the PvP from the quest to get M1-4X.

NogueiraA

First of all M1-4X and Pierce are not PvP rewards, they are part of the "Alliance" STORY in KoTFE.

Plus in terms of story, PvP to gain them does not even make sense. The alliance is made up from both Republic and Imperial's alike so to have a companion "join" the alliance through the "mass killing" of "enemy" soldiers does not make sense at all it would underline everything the alliance stands for.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joining the votes "kill the PvP, please".

I'd also ask to remove world boss requirements for Qyzen or at least make world bosses AND those solo monsters spawn more often - every 10 mins, say. Because right now it's slaughter to get there.

Bioware - please don't change this.

It's different, a different way of obtaining a companion which lets be honest is cosmetic. With companions "all doing the same thing" then there is no requirement for any of them at all.

Some people need to realise that not everything in the game is going to be automatically obtainable for them. I don't do operations as I simply don't have the time. And by the time I do - well nobody will take a "noob" on an operation and teach them what to do.

I've accepted this - there are certain things I won't get in the game.

It's the same with the Gree event - every single time. "We want all the rewards for the PvP missions but we don't want to have to PvP to get them".

Well thankfully Bioware you haven't caved in and changed things here, so please don't change things for this companion. I'll get him on a couple of my characters, most I won't as I don't PvP with them.

If you are so desperate for this companion why don't you do what many, many other people have been doing since Tuesday last week - getting through 20 WZ's as quickly as possible?

It really won't take you long, even if you have to run 20. If you're lucky you'll get into a good team who will carry you and each win counts for 2.

Just realise that not everything is handed to you on a plate. If you refuse point blank to do PvP then there is a companion you're not going to get - don't moan and cry about it, deal with it.

"We want all the rewards for the PvP missions but we don't want to have to PvP to get them".

I don't care about PvP "rewards" but Forex is part of the Alliance storyline, a PvE story I might add there is no reason to link 2 characters to PvP.

It really won't take you long, even if you have to run 20. If you're lucky you'll get into a good team who will carry you and each win counts for 2.

I don't want to get carried, its the whole reason I won't do another operation either.

Edited by Jedi_riches

Should I find that something I really want is locked behind a pvp requirement like 4X (though I don't care about 4X in particular), I'll probably do whatever I have to to get the thing, but if I have to be unhappy, I'm taking everyone with me.

If I have to pvp, I'll show up naked and RP through every WZ. I'll even use 'Thee' and 'Thou' horribly badly for maximum annoyance.

I'll come up with rousing speeches to unload on everyone while we wait for the WZ to start and argue with absolutely anybody I can drag into an argument about anything at all.

Then I'll RP walk toward the enemies and declare myself a defector seeking asylum or whatever else entertains me to do, because pvp'ing n here sure the crap isn't my idea of fun.

I'll have my fun one way or another.

Edited by Uruare

Should I find that something I really want is locked behind a pvp requirement like 4X (though I don't care about 4X in particular), I'll probably do whatever I have to to get the thing, but if I have to be unhappy, I'm taking everyone with me.

If I have to pvp, I'll show up naked and RP through every WZ. I'll even use 'Thee' and 'Thou' horribly badly for maximum annoyance.

I'll come up with rousing speeches to unload on everyone while we wait for the WZ to start and argue with absolutely anybody I can drag into an argument about anything at all.

Then I'll RP walk toward the enemies and declare myself a defector seeking asylum or whatever else entertains me to do, because pvp'ing n here sure the crap isn't my idea of fun.

Ooh... And start shouting random "helpful" orders at your team. Maybe there IS a way to make this entertaining...

Thanks for the suggestions!

I do pvp and pve so for me personally i don't mind doing pvp to achieve pve objectives. Yesterday i decided to do some wz's, both for conquest points and for M1-4X.

I am sage healer.

After the 2nd wz where half my team melted in a few seconds and randomly ran around the map i started to inspect everyone at the start of the wz. In one hypergates 4 had less than 6 valor rank and <1k expertise. I was also in a win where the imps were obviously full of people doing pvp just to do the quest, was so easy to stand in the middle and heal the team while the imps just melted.

I question whether the forced pvp is enjoyable for people who have had no wish to do any pvp, and now have to do a minimum of 10 (and more likely 16-20) wz's. Doing 90k damage and dying 15 times does not sound like fun to me and it is probably doing nothing to further their enjoyment for the game.

A fair option would be to tie an achievement for obtaining M1-4X via PvP. Then there is an option to skip it but the player does not get the achievement.

Most won't care, some will be happy, the same few will keep crapping their pants.

Exactly. Or have two different achievements. One with PvP also giving a title, and like right now giving you the companion at Influence 10 mini.

While another way gives us the companion, at influence 1, without the title.

Exactly. Or have two different achievements. One with PvP also giving a title, and like right now giving you the companion at Influence 10 mini.

While another way gives us the companion, at influence 1, without the title.

People can't have it both ways.

PvPers don't earn pve achievements because they don't pve. Pve'ers shouldn't be able to earn a pvp story reward (?) by just doing pve.

If this was intended to be a PvP story (?) companion, it should be rewarded for doing the intended PvP.

You pvp, you get the droid, achievement, 10k influence.

You avoid the content that was intended, you just get the droid.

Those who put in the time to pvp should be rewarded, this was a nice toss to those of us who do the story and *gasp* pvp also.

No, pay to win is when you can buy an advantage that you cannot acquire via other means.

This would be pay to avoid having to waste time in PvP, and that sounds like a good idea to me tbh.

Exactly, I never once suggested that the PvP requirement should be removed, just bypassed for anyone who didn't care to PvP, in a convenient way that's potentially profitable for BW:A. Also, CCs for every single piece of PvE gear that requires WZ comms (anything that doesn't have expertise) to purchase, you have TWO copies of each item; one requiring WZ comms, the other requiring CCs, I'm taking about gear with specifically PvE stats, absolutely NO expertise.

That means there would be TWO means of acquisition, a PvP one, and cartel coin option; since I don't think many people like to spend all that many CCs, the gankers shouldn't lose too many lambs for the slaughter.

Don't get how some people call the companions "PvP rewards." Can you use a companion in a warzone? No.

Why offer a reward for doing part of the game that has nothing to do with said reward?

BW, this is not the way to hook people on PvP!

This is a very very good point, especially as companions have no expertise.

That is absolutely inspired! If I really really want M1-4X, or Lieut...Major Pierce on anyone other than a SW/Trooper, I'll know how to go about it!

Edited by sentientomega

Well, if they want to force me into PvP to get a companion I want... sure, I´ll do it. I won´t contribute and I won´t even have minimal PvP gear. I´m sure the PvPers will love it...

I`m sorry, but forcing a pure PvE player to take part in PVP will only annoy both parties. And no, I don´t want any PvP rewards, I´m only interested in Lt. Pierce.

People can't have it both ways.

PvPers don't earn pve achievements because they don't pve. Pve'ers shouldn't be able to earn a pvp story reward (?) by just doing pve.

If this was intended to be a PvP story (?) companion, it should be rewarded for doing the intended PvP.

You pvp, you get the droid, achievement, 10k influence.

You avoid the content that was intended, you just get the droid.

Those who put in the time to pvp should be rewarded, this was a nice toss to those of us who do the story and *gasp* pvp also.

Well then no achievement for the PvE way then. I'm okay with that, I don't actually care about achievements. It's just that some PvPers here seem flustered at the idea we could circumvent their quest, so was offering a distinction between the two. Granted, no achievement vs. one is a distinction.

I can’t imagin what the hell was on the devs' mind when they decided to do this.

PVE players:

Most of them hate PVP and never played PVP. They will have to go 20 times to warzones that they don’t understand and don’t like at all.

PVP players:

They don’t need to do warzones in case that they want to get M1-X4 or Lt. Pierce (as long as they have valor 40, which will happen in the 99.99% of the cases). They will be playing WZ as always, just because they like WZ. But they will get useless team mates (and opponents) that will make WZ a total waste of time.

A nonsense.

Edited by Pirindolo

Hahaha, I was just going to pvp if I decided to recruit Pierce since I'll probably pvp some anyway but this sounds much better.

Brb studying up on Shakespearean plays.

Hahaha, I was just going to pvp if I decided to recruit Pierce since I'll probably pvp some anyway but this sounds much better.

Brb studying up on Shakespearean plays.

One look at a WZ makes Julius Caesar look like a modern comedy...here's hoping people forget to vote-kick in a WZ...

Few very simple questions.

Should only things you enjoy give rewards?

Should everything give the same reward? So that everybody ends up having everything?

Should every single person, no matter if he a hardcore raider or casual dude who only knows and cares of talking heads have absolutely identical amount of content available for them?

A question for you: To get or farm dark side, are you pissing people off? Are you messing with 7 other players game? See the problem now? The problem is pvp being ruined by people that don't wanna be there either.

How is that different for any other PvP reward that the PvE only people want?

When Giradda's Rancor was revealed there were a ton of PvE players thinking they could get to Tier 1 magically. PvE players have regularly used PvP to get decent relics for Warzone commendations.

Your 'problem' is a sunk cost. PvE focused players already inhabit Warzones. That's good. Some will catch the bug and keep doing it. Getting better and adding to the PvP population. Others will hate every minute of it, but still suffer through it because they want that digital reward so badly.