The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware, remove the PvP from the quest to get M1-4X.

NogueiraA

So you are ok with 6 pve players every match making you lose all day long?

No because you have the option to leave the match. I didn't have an issue with this quest since I also had high enough valor to get him right away. Now if I do it on another character that doesn't have high enough valor, I might not do it. That was the whole purpose of 4.0. You decide if you want the companion or not. If you do then sack up and do the requirement to get him.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your approval it really means..... well nothing really.

People here keep telling us to "man up" and accept it is a PvP reward etc I am just repaying people in kind. At least this way no one is happy.

Yeah. That makes you real mature. That'll show them! :rolleyes:

PVE-purists are officially worse than the most annoying PVP elitist.

Thanks for your approval it really means..... well nothing really.

People here keep telling us to "man up" and accept it is a PvP reward etc I am just repaying people in kind. At least this way no one is happy.

What toons/server are you on? I'll be more than happy to hop out of any groups I get in with you for anything. I thought about saying I'd pay you back, but I wouldn't. Because I'm not a total jerk.

This is literally the worst sort of player in MMOs. The players who are just out to make the game less fun for everyone else. You're like the players who try and interrupt RP in a cantina or exploited AoEs to force PvP flag players on PvE servers. Just out to make the game fun for you with no regard for anyone else.

You make it sound like the game doesn't force you to do certain content for particular rewards and this is brand new. Want a bell hat? Better complete KP and pray to RNGesus. Having to play the game for rewards is pretty standard practice. Just because you finally found a reward you want that requires you to do something you don't want to do doesn't give you the right to grief the rest of the population.

Yeah. That makes you real mature. That'll show them! :rolleyes:

PVE-purists are officially worse than the most annoying PVP elitist.

They way I see it is we will never convince people through argument to offer a PvE option, but if people like me start entering war zones before too long everyone will be begging to add a PvE option just to be rid of us.

What toons/server are you on? I'll be more than happy to hop out of any groups I get in with you for anything. I thought about saying I'd pay you back, but I wouldn't. Because I'm not a total jerk.

This is literally the worst sort of player in MMOs. The players who are just out to make the game less fun for everyone else. You're like the players who try and interrupt RP in a cantina or exploited AoEs to force PvP flag players on PvE servers. Just out to make the game fun for you with no regard for anyone else.

Be a jerk to me I am long past caring, besides its Bioware making the game less fun not me I am doing exactly what they ask and just trying to make it enjoyable for me, it just so happens that trolling is the best way.

Edited by Jedi_riches

They way I see it is we will never convince people through argument to offer a PvE option, but if people like me start entering war zones before too long everyone will be begging to add a PvE option just to be rid of us.

Can't wait for the PVP players to start queuing for GF ops / flashpoints and actively causing wipes. That's the equivalent, right?

So you are ok with 6 pve players every match making you lose all day long?

Yup. Here's why.

In PvP, players are the content. If there are 6 players on my team, yes I'll probably lose, but it's also likely that there will be other PvE players on the other side, so it will all work out.

Look, I really don't mind having PvE players in the warzones. If 10-20% of them try, some of them will catch the bug and keep PvPing. That makes the loses worthwhile. Sure most people will only be there to get the companion and then run back to fight their scripted AI. But if that's the cost to get some more people excited about PvP, then so be it.

PvP elitists are their own worst enemy. People complain on the PvP forums all the time about population when they chase people away. I don't do that. I encourage people to queue. The only way to get better is to lose a lot and that means sometimes experienced PvP players will have to take a loss.

Let me be very, very clear: I DON'T MIND LOSING.

Any true PvP player understands that's part of the fun of PvP, that chance that no matter how good you are, you are dependent on your team and opponents. I would rather lose 100 games than win playing against a scripted AI. YMMV.

Can't wait for the PVP players to start queuing for GF ops / flashpoints and actively causing wipes. That's the equivalent, right?

Yep and I am hoping that in future crafting gets you the best relics and stims etc for war zones only to make them from materials that are exclusive from HM flashpoints.

Nope. How many times must we tell you this. THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING FOREVER. (sorry but a shout was necessary)

It used to be relics that people chased. Later it was Conquest points. There have been PvEers jumping into the queue for as long as I've been here (since launch). It doesn't matter. If you're on my team, I'll do my best to show you a good example whether you accept it or not. If you're on the other team, I'll kill you. Either way, I'll be good.

Yep and I am hoping that in future crafting gets you the best relics and stims etc for war zones only to make them from materials that are exclusive from HM flashpoints.

Since you have openly admitted to trolling, I am ignoring.

But thank you again for showing that the PVE-purist is one of the most toxic parts of the community.

Edited by azudelphi

The conquest things are supposed to encompass all areas of the game. All meant to be done as a group.

The Alliance thing is an individual story.

See the difference?

I fail to see the difference it would have on PvP. With or without the requirement for PvP for a companion, far more people raid and craft that are going to be shuttling into PvP just to obtain mats for PvE gear.

That is far more egregious of a wrong and has a much larger and longer term impact than requiring PvP for 1 companion per faction. Yet I see none of you raising that issue.

Question. You do realize we have to craft now to get stims? As for relics, I wouldn't care. Although the better equivalent would be from tacticals not HMs. Because you don't have to win the 20 WZs.

Frankly, if they did just that, made a companion available from doing 20 tactical or HM flashpoints, I wouldn't care. I would just do them at my own pace.

I'm ok with a PvE alternative for PvP companions IF and ONLY IF there are PvP alternatives for ALL of the other companions since I have to not only do PvE quests for each comp but also Heroic 2+ missions and FPs. Fair is fair yes? I mean you PvEers are WAY less affected by this companion stuff than PvPers.

Thats been happening for ages already.

Just like clueless PVErs joining PVP matches for giggles have been happening for forever.

So, this really changes nothing in the end.

Nope. How many times must we tell you this. THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING FOREVER. (sorry but a shout was necessary)

It used to be relics that people chased. Later it was Conquest points. There have been PvEers jumping into the queue for as long as I've been here (since launch). It doesn't matter. If you're on my team, I'll do my best to show you a good example whether you accept it or not. If you're on the other team, I'll kill you. Either way, I'll be good.

It might have been happening before but its about to get a whole lot worse, changes to the conquest system along with this means now more than ever PvE people will be joining PvP for other goals, there is likely to be a sudden influx of PvP noobs some may many to be there but some really wont they are going to be there to make up the numbers.

Don't forget KoTFE only went "live" for the majority of people today so the "impact" is not likely to be seen for about a week.

Yup. Here's why.

In PvP, players are the content. If there are 6 players on my team, yes I'll probably lose, but it's also likely that there will be other PvE players on the other side, so it will all work out.

Look, I really don't mind having PvE players in the warzones. If 10-20% of them try, some of them will catch the bug and keep PvPing. That makes the loses worthwhile. Sure most people will only be there to get the companion and then run back to fight their scripted AI. But if that's the cost to get some more people excited about PvP, then so be it.

PvP elitists are their own worst enemy. People complain on the PvP forums all the time about population when they chase people away. I don't do that. I encourage people to queue. The only way to get better is to lose a lot and that means sometimes experienced PvP players will have to take a loss.

Let me be very, very clear: I DON'T MIND LOSING.

Any true PvP player understands that's part of the fun of PvP, that chance that no matter how good you are, you are dependent on your team and opponents. I would rather lose 100 games than win playing against a scripted AI. YMMV.

Liar, we all hate losing, but we forget about losing 5 seconds after the match ends because...

There's another match to win, and anything that happened before has no effect on that. But one could say that about anything in this game really.

Honestly, I wish more PvEers thought like that, some do but not enough. Some times you just have to slog your way through an Ops boss until everything clicks, but these types of people that can't stand losing won't even last more than a wipe or two. They even quit on PvE, then like to call themselves PvEers, not PvPers. They should really be called sore losers.

Thats been happening for ages already.

Just like clueless PVErs joining PVP matches for giggles have been happening for forever.

So, this really changes nothing in the end.

I haven't heard of them queuing then actively causing wipes. Not knowing what they are doing and it resulting in a wipe? Sure, happens for anyone who doesn't know. But never with the malice of, "I hate PVE content so much that I need to go ruin the day of other players in an operation / flashpoint."

Edited by azudelphi

Liar, we all hate losing, but we forget about losing 5 seconds after the match ends because...

True for some. But a good Huttball game feels good win or lose.

There's another match to win, and anything that happened before has no effect on that. But one could say that about anything in this game really.

Honestly, I wish more PvEers thought like that, some do but not enough. Some times you just have to slog your way through an Ops boss until everything clicks, but these types of people that can't stand losing won't even last more than a wipe or two. They even quit on PvE, then like to call themselves PvEers, not PvPers. They should really be called sore losers.

Exactly. It amazes me how easily people give up in PvE. 1-2 Wipes and they are done.

I haven't heard of them queuing then actively causing wipes. Not knowing what they are doing and it resulting in a wipe? Sure, happens for anyone who doesn't know. But never with the malice of, "I hate PVE content so much that I need to go ruin the day of other players in an operation / flashpoint."

Those people exist too though mostly in form of "I'll go kill some lowbies on my max-lv toon and keep them from questing because planet kill achieves muahaha"

Sync kinda helped with that though.

But yes I was talking more about wrongly equipped and /or clueless players going in expecting to do well in pvp/pve. We've always had those and always will.

Edited by Kiesu

Honestly don't see the issue here. This is about two companions, that most folks either didn't have and/or didn't use. More pressing issues than this. I don't really car about your RP experience, or the other myriad reasons on just how dog-gone unfair this is. Adapt overcome or move on. There are RP servers go RP your pvp there.

Or you simply haven't been paying attention. I can't remember the last warzone that didn't have at least 3-4 players under 200k damage that aren't tanking, healing, or defending.
^exactly

gear iant even the major issue...PvP gear makes a huge difference but I've seen pve geared player contribute for sure. what matters is between the chair and the keyboard.

I fail to see the difference it would have on PvP. With or without the requirement for PvP for a companion, far more people raid and craft that are going to be shuttling into PvP just to obtain mats for PvE gear.

That is far more egregious of a wrong and has a much larger and longer term impact than requiring PvP for 1 companion per faction. Yet I see none of you raising that issue.

Well, that's not what this thread is about. ;)

True for some. But a good Huttball game feels good win or lose.

Exactly. It amazes me how easily people give up in PvE. 1-2 Wipes and they are done.

1) No. Huttball is always terrible, win or lose. :p

2) Those are the same kind of players as the "mean" PvPers who complain through the whole match and then quit before it ends (I never understood that, you already put the time in and there are no negative consequences for losing), or the ones who quit the first time someone blows their guarding assignment. Basically, it's the crybaby crowd that just wants to stomp everything and has a fit if they actually have to try or if someone else is still learning.

Where is the terminal?

But agree with OP PvP should not be forced. It is pointless to say you don't have to have him. How about I tell you must do 100 space mission plus 200 starfighter to get say Vette? Ok sure players who like doing them wont mind everyone else will. It does not matter if it 100 or just 2 the principle is the same.

I would do 20 space missions to get Vette, just like I would do 20 WZ to get Pierce.

Also saying that companion can be gotten by the class that originally him is also pointless as this was done so you could take who you wanted regardless of class.

...with a price, naturally. Just like every other reward in this game.