The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware, remove the PvP from the quest to get M1-4X.

NogueiraA

Don't see you arguing to roll back the crafting and conquest changes. Those are having far more of an impact with PvEers flooding PvP to obtain mats for crafting raid gear.

This companion thing is nothing, The reason above is why even if they change companions, PvP will still be flooded with PvEers grinding conquest points to get mats to craft their raid gear. Long after everyone has maxed influence on all companions, PvEers will still be flooding PvP to meet conquest goals and get the mats to craft gear they need for PvE. Because PvP is the only repeatable left for conquest.

The conquest things are supposed to encompass all areas of the game. All meant to be done as a group.

The Alliance thing is an individual story.

See the difference?

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capture the gates. That's the most important thing. Or at least try to keep the other team from capturing a gate. Kill the enemy in the middle area for more points. Orbs only contribute a few points each, so focusing on the gates and the kills is most important. Orbs might make a difference in a close match, but you can typically ignore them.

Noted. Will try that next time.

I think my disgust with PvP is partially due to my main's class (Combat Sentinel, it just seem so inapropriate.).

The only fond memories I ever had in PvP were with my heals. Sadly, they are still far away on my play order for KOTFE.

I queued as tank in full pve gear, full pve spec. We won, and I felt physically sick the entire time. Not sure why I felt sick, but I really want to get 4X. So I figure I'll take it one step at a time. 9 more wins, 18 more losses. Overall an unpleasant experience for me.

It would have been nice if there was a conquest option, as in complete 5 conquests. I might not care much for the conquest system but when given a choice I'd take a 5 week grind over pvp with out so much as a second thought.

Conquest is all PvP now with the removal of crafting as a via means of conquest points.

That's not my point at all. I assume you just ignored what I wrote so that you could feel like you are right.

In your case, the mount is a reward specifically for doing ranked PvP. I support that 100%. The entire "mission" is begun and ended in PvP. It is not a ranked PvP reward that also stipulates, "You must complete 20 flashpoints to acquire this reward."

The missions for M1 and Pierce are initiated as part of the PvE story. That is where the mission should remain.

You do realize before this you automatically also get quest to do Ilum storyline? It remained in your log for all eternity. You could still choose not to do it. You can choose not to do this one either.

You do realize before this you automatically also get quest to do Ilum storyline? It remained in your log for all eternity. You could still choose not to do it. You can choose not to do this one either.

Ilum isn't a PvP quest. It's entirely doable solo and it's PvE, which is in continuation of the class story. (Note: I still hate having it sitting unfinished in my log)

The conquest things are supposed to encompass all areas of the game. All meant to be done as a group.

The Alliance thing is an individual story.

See the difference?

The alliance despite being an individual story was designed to encompass all areas of the game. See Qyzen, 4X/Pierce, and Lokin. Sure, you can argue that the others still have solo options, and my counterargument there is that PvP has a solo queue and doesn't actually require communicating or working with the other players on your team. The fact of the matter is this system was designed to reward players for doing all activities. You don't do all of the activities? You don't get all of the rewards.

Ilum isn't a PvP quest. It's entirely doable solo and it's PvE, which is in continuation of the class story. (Note: I still hate having it sitting unfinished in my log)

Nothing wrong in having rewards for doing PVP too. People who are uninterested in doing PVE content will not get PVE rewards either.

I'd love to get all the comps on all 30 of my characters, but CBA go trough the PVE content to get them on each. Am I crying about it? no.

I have no idea what your point is.

Yes, you can choose not to do the companion quest. That has nothing to do with the larger point being made.

Nothing wrong in having rewards for doing PVP too. People who are uninterested in doing PVE content will not get PVE rewards either.

I'd love to get all the comps on all 30 of my characters, but CBA go trough the PVE content to get them on each. Am I crying about it? no.

Keep making up things in your head.

Not once have I said that PvPers don't deserve rewards. Not in the quoted post and not before.

All I said was that PvP had no place barging into the Alliance System and in that regards, asking for a change is justified.

I totally agree with this - PvP has no place in an MMO, Period. PvP'ers have Counterstrike. Battlefield, Star Wars battlefront ... MMORPG is supposed to be an RPG first & foremost ... in my humble opinion.

Thus there should NEVER be ANY content (Required or Optional) which forces a PvE player to undergo 'forced' PvP in order to aquire ... PvP'ers just wanna kill stuff - like neanderthal cave dwellers - hit it til it dies - "Me hit, Me Big! Me Strong!" mentality ... why are they always the Vocal Majority on the forums & the minority in-game yet the stupid Dev's seem to think they are a majority due to the noise they make on the forums ... PvE & PvP are totally seperate gamestyles ... if you must have them in your game to boost subs keep them well away from the PvE elements & story elements & that includes all & anything to do with any aspect of the game that does not soley work for the PvP part of the game - PvE'ers want the story - Pierce + MX are part of that ... PvP'ers just want to kill sh*t to make them feel big & strong, so WHY cross that line?

Of course PvP'ers want to keep this, easy prey makes them feel strong! Put them all on a seperate server away from PvE and let them kill each other to their hearts content & leave the primary PvE players to play their game.

PvE and PvP are two totally seperate gamestyles - and never the twain shall meet.

And now we know why you are bad in warzones.

PvP isn't about killing everything, it's about objectives. Killing is just a means to secure an objective, but it is only one method. Heck yesterday I even won a match with commando stealth :cool:. Yeah that's right, the other team was tunneling mine so bad, they didn't even see me run around the long way, come up behind and cap in mid in ACW.

The people that want to kill everything, and pad their 2m damage, aren't PvPers. Those are usually PvEers, because they just tunnel like it's a flashpoint or operation boss. PvPers play the map and objectives, and only arenas is the objective to kill the other team. All the other ones, you can win without even killing a single person.

The alliance despite being an individual story was designed to encompass all areas of the game. See Qyzen, 4X/Pierce, and Lokin. Sure, you can argue that the others still have solo options, and my counterargument there is that PvP has a solo queue and doesn't actually require communicating or working with the other players on your team. The fact of the matter is this system was designed to reward players for doing all activities. You don't do all of the activities? You don't get all of the rewards.

Yes. And the feedback that many people are leaving is that they don't want the individual story to encompass all play modes. They want the individual story to be PvE only. That's the point.

IMO, the right answer is Bioware should add a "PvE" alternative to this mission.

An acceptable answer is to modify the PvP matchmaking system to put all the PvE people doing this mission into separate warzones together (without any PvPers). This way, they don't interfere with those PvPers that really want to PvP with others that are there by choice.

Keep making up things in your head.

Not once have I said that PvPers don't deserve rewards. Not in the quoted post and not before.

All I said was that PvP had no place barging into the Alliance System and in that regards, asking for a change is justified.

That is your personal opinion and I see nothing wrong whatsoever having optional PVP quests in alliance.

I have no idea what your point is.

Yes, you can choose not to do the companion quest. That has nothing to do with the larger point being made.

You were upset you coudlnt do it your way. Such point indeed.

Should prolly make PVP alternatives for all the other companions too. CBA to farm mats for

Lokin.

Edited by Kiesu

unranked wzs always have terrible players that are just under geared or unskilled. not seeing how this changes anything.

I agree, but not even close to this level.

I myself never complained about pve players trying pvp until they started flooding the pvp matches.

Yes. And the feedback that many people are leaving is that they don't want the individual story to encompass all play modes. They want the individual story to be PvE only. That's the point.

Not everybody agrees with that sentiment. I'm all for all-encompassing play modes, because it diversifies those play styles and adds more people into them, therefore making a more active community. Bioware has thought long and hard about this and they aren't going to change it any sooner than they'll add an option for levelsync.

I agree, but not even close to this level.

I myself never complained about pve players trying pvp until they started flooding the pvp matches.

Or you simply haven't been paying attention. I can't remember the last warzone that didn't have at least 3-4 players under 200k damage that aren't tanking, healing, or defending.

Not everybody agrees with that sentiment. I'm all for all-encompassing play modes, because it diversifies those play styles and adds more people into them, therefore making a more active community. Bioware has thought long and hard about this and they aren't going to change it any sooner than they'll add an option for levelsync.

The point of the quest, in the long run, will be to measure up reactions to it.

It it fails to garner interest into PvP in the long run, maybe it won't get removed or changed but you can be sure there won't be any new quest like it.

And you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

This thread is here (I think) to serve feedback to BW. I'm voicing my support for the OP's suggestion. BW does listen. They will probably not change this mission (though, it is conceivable that they could add an alternative). However, beyond what is in game now, it may influence them not to do this again.

That's why I'm here, anyway.

And you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

This thread is here (I think) to serve feedback to BW. I'm voicing my support for the OP's suggestion. BW does listen. They will probably not change this mission (though, it is conceivable that they could add an alternative). However, beyond what is in game now, it may influence them not to do this again.

That's why I'm here, anyway.

I doubt that they were ever going to require PvP in mass for anything, but there isn't any harm in making sure that they don't I suppose. I don't support adding a PvE alternative as I think it defeats the purpose that it was intended for, what I do support is altering the requirements (make it 10 matches as opposed to 20, make it just the weekly which is fifteen, or drop it down to 5 so long as its 5 wins) or making the requirements easier to complete (after conversing with 4X/Pierce giving the player a set of PvE gear that will bolster properly to 2018 exp in matches.)

I think I was a little more civil at first when I started posting, but... certain individuals ruined any good will I had to spare in this particular thread. Thank you for being polite, when I'm sure I came off as rather insensitive.

I doubt that they were ever going to require PvP in mass for anything, but there isn't any harm in making sure that they don't I suppose. I don't support adding a PvE alternative as I think it defeats the purpose that it was intended for, what I do support is altering the requirements (make it 10 matches as opposed to 20, make it just the weekly which is fifteen, or drop it down to 5 so long as its 5 wins) or making the requirements easier to complete (after conversing with 4X/Pierce giving the player a set of PvE gear that will bolster properly to 2018 exp in matches.)

I think I was a little more civil at first when I started posting, but... certain individuals ruined any good will I had to spare in this particular thread. Thank you for being polite, when I'm sure I came off as rather insensitive.

^ This.

Not every quest in the game has to be every.player.friendly with million alternative ways of completion. I'm fine with changing the requirement to a lower amount but not to a PVE one.

Edited by Kiesu

^ This.

Not every quest in the game has to be every.player.friendly with million alternative ways of completion. I'm fine with changing the requirement to a lower amount but not to a PVE one.

So you are ok with 6 pve players every match making you lose all day long?

If you really feel comfortable being that kind of scum, then great... have at it.

Thanks for your approval it really means..... well nothing really.

People here keep telling us to "man up" and accept it is a PvP reward etc I am just repaying people in kind. At least this way no one is happy.