Bioware, remove the PvP from the quest to get M1-4X.

NogueiraA

Not sure if serious but if BW does change it so casuals once again get it their way I would not mind them doing the same for PvPers...just an idea, but I am certanly not advocating it. And I do not mean to offend, but if some1 asks for a requirement change like this they are by every definition a casual. So in the end BW will decide what works for them, and not for you, it is that simple.

I would not mind a companion for which 1 would need to do GSF, and altough I never liked it I would still play the required matches to obtain that/those companion/s.

But it is nice to see how many PvPers defend this idea, or better said do not wish to be let outside as if Swtor was only about PvE.

I do wish to add the incentive part for doing a `little` PvP, besides getting the companion/s.

PvP will make you better at playing your class/spec. Granted you will not excel at anything after 20matches but you will defo gain some skill, and if it really bothers ppl to do PvP to get a companion...just skip it. Tough luck, I know but I kept coming back to WoW and leaving and never bothered with Ashran or PvP...I just do not like it, to each his own.

So yea, certain achievements and other `things` I never obtained and never will but I would not post a thread about it being unfair...it just makes you look like a spoiled child who wants everything his/her way. And I am sure there are plenty of games out there where ppl skip certain tasks to obtain something just because they can not be bothered...just an example but I will never kill a 1000 mobs with a few of the old companions, and certanly not doing it either with some new ones. I mentioned GSF, did about 100matches alltogether since it was released and I never looked back, but I would strap in again if I knew it would take 20matches to get something I want.

Suck it up, 20matches are nothing and you can still do something in the meantime. Hell, you might even learn a thing or 2 about the amazing bolster system, or wait to see if BW does care enough to change it....

P.S.

If some1 is looking for logic behind this task...do not bother, I am sure BW works in mysterious ways, like voodoo and hamsters and..stuff. Altough, when I met him on my sage he was doing quite a fine PR show against imps....

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But this is a PVE centric game. If they feel "forced"into playing that content , then perhaps they should play an MMO that caters to PVP primarily?

This game has both, and what little we have to PvP compared to what they have to PvE, it is really a completely silly complaint.

And the PvP isn't even required to advance. It is for something completely optional.

So this tiny PvP qualification for an optional item of the game.

Well...keep the PvP option for those who can't seem to live without their daily ganking fix, and add a PvE option so that those players can remain unmolested; sounds like a win-win situation...

Then do that for everything PvPers have to do in PvE then also.

Then do that for everything PvPers have to do in PvE then also.

The PvP must be removed from PvE content. I have no problem with those who wish to do PvP and just because a lot of us don't like it doesn't mean we are casual players. We just have a different play style. I have no problem with it being there for those who wish to do it. The problem is for the vast majority of those of us who don't enjoy it. Other requirements could be worked out.

The PvP must be removed from PvE content. I have no problem with those who wish to do PvP and just because a lot of us don't like it doesn't mean we are casual players. We just have a different play style. I have no problem with it being there for those who wish to do it. The problem is for the vast majority of those of us who don't enjoy it. Other requirements could be worked out.

You are not forced to do any part of the game, but you are also NOT entitled or promised to be able to obtain everything in game by doing only that which you like to do.

I have no problem with PvP for those who wish to do it, but one of the original companions should not be part of that system what if bioware said you have to warzone comms from PvE you woldn't enjoy that one bit. They could easily strike a better balance here.

The classes that had those original companions CAN obtain them without PVP by using the terminal. Pierce/M1-4X were NOT original companions for any stories other than sith warrior and trooper.

If you want to obtain either of those companions on a character with a different story line, then you will need to PVP.

OK, PvPers, you have to do PvE quests in Pve content… PvE quests in PvE content ?! what a surprise :eek: ! You use that poor excuse to justify PvP quest in a PvE content… Seriously guys, respect yourself ^^

PvP quest in PvE content don't bother me if they come with an alternative PvE. And, yes, to be fair, there should be more alternative PvP quest with PvE (on the Qyzen's quest for exemple).

But sorry that don't justify a quest only PvP in PvE content.

Just an idea but if Bioware release a new PvP content and your only choice for access is to kill 20 last boss in hm flashpoints or raids, sure you gonna love it ^^ Even if it's "Optionnal" ;)

The question is not "It's optional" or other things, seriously. We don't have to decide what it is optionnal for other player just beacause "we don't care about this companion" or "this companion is not cool" or …

It is not another question of "PvP players VS. PvE players" (grow up).

The question is not "Delete PvP options of the quest" (the title of the thread must be change), but just "Add a PvE alternative". We neither ask this companion for free, just a atlernative option, even a boring alternative like kill hundred of npc or option to clean the quest of the log (without abandoning).

I create my characters on a PvE server to do PvE content without PvP, don't see what's weird in this ? We have the right to not love PvP. Don't see what's weird to ask this alternative…

Not sure that's a good thing if non-PvP players have to go PvP against their will (the first who say "it's optional" can go eat poisonous mushrooms), with their PvE stuff and bad PvP skill. Don't think they'll have fun and continue PvP after (except maybe a minority). And i think it is not fun for PvP players (except PvPers who only like kill noobs, but if they have fun with this they're not real PvP players :D:p)

There is a mount also that requires warzone commendations. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Ugh.

Having/not having a companion could very well affect the story with the way they are doing it now. That's what makes the "it's totally optional, grow a pair" argument so absurd. Yes, I can choose not to get the companion. But, if that's what my character would do in the story and if this affects the story in any way, then YES this is a PvE issue and should not involve PvP at all.

Look, I like to PvP on certain characters. What I don't want is the mess that comes with WZs loaded with people who simply don't want to be there. That's not fun for anyone. That's going to make me like PvP less and possibly stop doing it for a long period of time. That runs counter to what BW is trying to do here.

I'm sure their thought is that they will get people hooked by just having them try it. It won't work. Not like this. I used to hate PvP and avoided it like the plague. When I eventually did give it a shot, it was because I wanted to, not because BW gave any incentive. If they had forced it on me, I would have resented it. Just like I resent having to do it with certain characters.

Yes, I said, "having to do it." That's because the character would complete the recruitment. Pulling the character out of story to do that is just silly.

Let PvP be what it should be: A bunch of whining crybabies who want to be there to whine and cry. :p

This game has both, and what little we have to PvP compared to what they have to PvE, it is really a completely silly complaint.

And the PvP isn't even required to advance. It is for something completely optional.

So this tiny PvP qualification for an optional item of the game.

And just to add to this

Though it might be true that this a pve centric game that does not make it a pve exclusive game and so there is no reason that pvp can't be used as a challenge for fluff rewards. If they were using pvp as a wall for something essential to pve, such as making it so that 220 gear could only be earned through pvp then that would be a different story but as it stands there is no problem with what they're doing here. We pve players may be the majority but we are not the entirety of the audience and so asking every challenge to be tailored to be within our interests or comfort zones is unreasonable.

OMG so we have to do a tiny bit of PvP compared to the huge amount of PvE PvPers have to do.

And you don't HAVE to do it via PvP, just go to the terminal if you are a Trooper. So only those who are getting him via alliance need to PvP, and again, they don't have to have him, so it isn't required.

Mmos are generally all about PVE for the most part. PVP is optional in most mmos. Except for those no law mmos. The majority of mmos require you to play PVE to advance in story and content.

In fact Star wars is heavily based on the PVE aspect. The majority of pvp servers die out in several mmos and end up becoming a flag option because...statistics show PVE attracts a larger crowd with PVP being a minority. It has PVP which is cool for the fans of it. I honestly don't mind PVPers getting rewarding for PVP events. To me its a double edged sword. You got 2 groups that normally are never happy with each other when one gets something the other doesn't have. It really comes down to the majority imo. What they should do is attach what ever one gets for playing with a cartel option...You can play the game for free and get this..which may take longer(cosmetic) or just buy it...because of reasons.

In order to get a widespread amount of awards (eventually, nearly 50 companions) the game wants to reward people who are involved in all aspects of the game. Don't want to do one aspect? Down to 49 (or so) companion options. Dark Side? Down another one. Nobody is upset that Dark Side players lost a companion. I wouldn't be surprised if another companion (Torian, maybe?) requires a certain number of Completed Bounty Contracts. Another might require you to complete an op. Quests like this are all about experiencing the totality of the game and if you choose to lock yourself out of a portion of a game, you are locked out of the rewards for that portion.

A question for you: To get or farm dark side, are you pissing people off? Are you messing with 7 other players game? See the problem now? The problem is pvp being ruined by people that don't wanna be there either.

I doubt I will get much support for my veiw of this. But here it goes.

The only one that is forcing people to PVP is those people.

It is your choice to do the quest, or not do the quest.

They put these types of quests in the game for people that want to put forth the effort

to earn the rewards. Somone does not want to do what is required, that is their choice.

Live with that choice and dont have the prize at the end.

But if you want the reward, the prize at the end. Quit whining, suck it up, and do what

is required as everyone that hates PVE does.

Edited by kasanth

A question for you: To get or farm dark side, are you pissing people off? Are you messing with 7 other players game? See the problem now? The problem is pvp being ruined by people that don't wanna be there either.

PvP is being ruined by people who chose to go after an optional companion, if they didn't want to PvP guess what, they don't 'need' Lt. Pierce or M1-4X, but instead you want punish pvp'ers and take away one of the few rewards they get for doing what they love. Now that's what i'd call not fair.

Quit whining, suck it up, grow a pair and do a few warzones. So what if you suck at it? Do a couple a day, you might even be done in 5 days. It may even be enjoyable.

And yet they wonder why so many players want nothing to do with PvP... there's always one of those guys in every match...

PvEers don't want to be there, PVPers don't want them there.

How is this a bone of contention for either side? Removing or altering this requirement would be beneficial to both camps; I would think that both sides should be behind it.

If PvE'ers don't want to PvP to get M1-4X/Pierce, then don't get them. It is 100% optional, the bone of contention is removing a PvP reward (one of the few that exist) to appease the PvE crowd who don't NEED the companion to begin with.

PvP is being ruined by people who chose to go after an optional companion, if they didn't want to PvP guess what, they don't 'need' Lt. Pierce or M1-4X, but instead you want punish pvp'ers and take away one of the few rewards they get for doing what they love. Now that's what i'd call not fair.

I KNOW they don't need. This is NOT the problem.

The problem is ruining warzones with people that have no clue how to pvp.

It bothers who's there to win the match and have to carry 5 PvE while facing double premade.

When something is not bothering us, we tend to just don't care about it, and seems that this problem is not bothering you, otherwise you'd agree with me that carrying 5 pve every match is a pain in the ***. And it's only early access, imagine at oct 27.

I KNOW they don't need. This is NOT the problem.

The problem is ruining warzones with people that have no clue how to pvp.

It bothers who's there to win the match and have to carry 5 PvE while facing double premade.

When something is not bothering us, we tend to just don't care about it, and seems that this problem is not bothering you, otherwise you'd agree with me that carrying 5 pve every match is a pain in the ***. And it's only early access, imagine at oct 27.

On the contrary is does bother me, however I don't agree that the solution is to 'remove the PvP requirement for the companions.'

If PvE'ers don't want to PvP to get M1-4X/Pierce, then don't get them. It is 100% optional, the bone of contention is removing a PvP reward (one of the few that exist) to appease the PvE crowd who don't NEED the companion to begin with.

You don't need datacron, if you want to get datacron and you're really bad at jumping, who are you bothering? Only yourself.

This pve players wants to get the companion, ok, they go into a warzone and have no clue how to play, who are they bothering? The rest of the team every match.

See the real problem now? I don't have more words to try to make this even clear.

You don't need datacron, if you want to get datacron and you're really bad at jumping, who are you bothering? Only yourself.

This pve players wants to get the companion, ok, they go into a warzone and have no clue how to play, who are they bothering? The rest of the team every match.

See the real problem now? I don't have more words to try to make this even clear.

There have always been PvE'ers entering warzones with top PvE gear with no clue what they're doing, the point of this quest is to a) provide PvP'ers with a companion reward and b) expose players to a part of the game they might not have tried yet and may learn after 20 matches that they enjoy.

Maybe they could lower the total amount of matches from 20 to 10, or heck even 5, so long as it was 5 wins. I still don't agree that removing the requirement is the right way to go.

There have always been PvE'ers entering warzones with top PvE gear with no clue what they're doing, the point of this quest is to a) provide PvP'ers with a companion reward and b) expose players to a part of the game they might not have tried yet and may learn after 20 matches that they enjoy.

Maybe they could lower the total amount of matches from 20 to 10, or heck even 5, so long as it was 5 wins. I still don't agree that removing the requirement is the right way to go.

I understand sometime a pve doing warzone for fun, but it doesn't happen like it's happening right now.

I dunno your server, but on Harbinger I guarantee you, 5+ pve players every match on pub side facing double imp premade, getting destroyed over and over.

I undestand their putting something for pvpers and I like it, but it's making a lot of people pissed. Why just not offer a 2nd way to get the companion, a pve way?