What are the current FOTM now that 4.0 is here

Icykill_

Yeah there is nothing wrong with Sorcs. Yall are just overreacting :rak_03:

But don't you see? Sorcs/sages need more BURST!! It's not fair that other classes are crit ting for 20K+ while poor sorcs are left with dealing a paultry 4.8 million dmg. Until sorcs break the 7 million mark in each and every wz with each and every player regardless of skill level, they will need more buffs...and don't even get me started about sorcs' horrendous survivability...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not as dumb as Assassins are and have been since ranked was launched...

I guess your right man, that's why sorcs are always under sins on the leaderboards every season, Kappa. And that's why only 3 sins even hit 2k last season while sorcs were hitting 3k and the rest were hitting 2k effortlessly.

Kappa

Edited by Jinre_the_Jedi

But don't you see? Sorcs/sages need more BURST!! It's not fair that other classes are crit ting for 20K+ while poor sorcs are left with dealing a paultry 4.8 million dmg. Until sorcs break the 7 million mark in each and every wz with each and every player regardless of skill level, they will need more buffs...and don't even get me started about sorcs' horrendous survivability...

It's fluff damage.

I guess your right man, that's why sorcs are always under sins on the leaderboards every season, Kappa. And that's why only 3 sins even hit 2k last season while sorcs were hitting 3k and the rest were hitting 2k effortlessly.

Kappa

Sorc healers where hitting 3k not DPS sorcs.

healing sorcs where op last season, DPS sorc has always been weak..

Sorc healers where hitting 3k not DPS sorcs.

healing sorcs where op last season, DPS sorc has always been weak..

Wrong. Should I start naming off the pure dps sorcs hitting 2k+?

And always weak? Is that why double bubble hit 3.3k elo playing purely dps sage in season 2 and 3k elo playing purely dps sorc in season 2?

Venrin also hit 2k and so did étude, both above 2k as pure dps.

I guess Dacri and Foxtrot also count as healers, even though they hit 2.7k elo as purely dps? I can go down the whole list if you'd like.

Just because you're not playing dps sorc optimally doesn mean that it's weak, check your facts before you start commenting on things you're 100% wrong about.

Yea...saw a madness sorc do 4.2k DPS in a ranked match. It's pretty *********** dumb.

Not Impressive.

I did 5,7k dps in an Arena Match without augs & Full eq

But yes youre right, madness sorc is goat, 2,8k Rating Last season without a Single Match as a healslave

This is blatantly incorrect.

There are DPS classes hitting for 44k and I can assure you, they are not sorcs.

In terms of biggest hits possible currently, sorcs are near the bottom of the pile and always have been. Struggling to kill one is a L2P issue, or the team isn't co-operating.

Struggling to kill Madness Sorcs is a L2P issue? Ahahaha, good one.

Gotta love people that defend their pet classes.

Sorcs and PTs but something is going on with Maras too. There's an unusually large amount of them running around again.

We were given hope with the changes to crit and surge. Had we not gotten a 20% flat nerf to our surge, we would be viable again in both Fury and Carnage, however, BioWare is still too afraid of making another "smash monster", so one of the worst performing classes in the game got a 20% surge nerf.

Jugs and sents are top dps now in 65s (2 mill dps!!!)

Followed by snipers

Mercs

Sorcs

Sins

Ops are dependant on play style.... But ranks around mid dps but kinda weak like sorcs

Source- 46 games of 65 in full augmented exemplar.

Youre a fool if you believe sent is top dps

Also, DPS =/= damage done. 2 Million damage done, who the hell cares? People hit 4 and 5 mill in the 3.x era. I've done 3 mill damage (2.5-3K dps) already in a few games as a sent. Doesn't mean they are good. When you consider that a good sorc is capable of pushing 6K dps along with 1K healing? Yeah no.

Edited by Aluvi

Youre a fool if you believe sent is top dps

...... Jugs are top... Followed by sents...

As I said I played 46 games and this is what I seen....

You're a fool if you think otherwise.

I've seen no other class come close to 1.8 mill than those two.

And it's because of their op jump.

Edited by ShredderStatus

...... Jugs are top... Followed by sents...

As I said I played 46 games and this is what I seen....

You're a fool if you think otherwise.

I've seen no other class come close to 1.8 mill than those two.

And it's because of their op jump.

You think 1.8 million damage done in a warzone is good? You're just playing against terrible players. Sorc can easily push 5K dps as madness with an additional 1k of healing.

You're going to be in for a rude awakening when you see what a madness sorc is capable of.

You think 1.8 million damage done in a warzone is good? You're just playing against terrible players. Sorc can easily push 5K dps as madness with an additional 1k of healing.

You're going to be in for a rude awakening when you see what a madness sorc is capable of.

Lmao I play a balance sage..... In full 208

I don't touch the dps of a jug or sent with that new jump...

Do you even 65 bro?

Do you even 65 bro?

Youre bad, thats all there is to it. This is my first game as a level 65 sage, wasnt even ideal at all:

http://imgur.com/VwjPrgg

I'm not even good at playing my sage. And yes, those numbers will do nothing but go UP at 65. They certainly did for my Mara - by about 30% or so.

Do you even 65 bro?

Why do you think the new jump is so good dude? It does 1-2k damage. It's barely anything, and it can't be used while rooted unless you give up other vital utilities for it.

I wonder why.

The same reason I logged in and leveled mine up. I had some vague, small hope that we would be viable again. NOPE! Guess again. Sorcs are stronger than ever and 100% dominate both the healing and dps meta.

Youre bad, thats all there is to it. This is my first game as a level 65 sage, wasnt even ideal at all:

http://imgur.com/VwjPrgg

I'm not even good at playing my sage. And yes, those numbers will do nothing but go UP at 65. They certainly did for my Mara - by about 30% or so.

3k on a dot spread/aoe class =/= 3k on a burst class, just finished my first game on my level 60 MM sniper and pulled 2.8k dps, and that was without trying to farm numbers.

This doesn't mean you're wrong (haven't played enough to make a valid statement), but you can't toss out numbers without context, a mm sniper/fury mara/ap pt pulling 3.5k dps is much more dangerous than a madness sorc pulling 4k dps

It's fluff damage.

Exactly... Spread the dots... So what if every one in the circle take 6k burst each... When you have 50-60k health now it's like thowing a water bucket at a raging fire... All Sorc damage on any spec is only fluffing numbers... That's why they look like they do heaps of damage.. In reality they do very little in a one on one situation...

The saving grace is the high survivability... You look at any match that has no healer and the Sorcs is focused... You will see a pretty even balance between dps and healing stats... The only way you get kills is being able to mitigate those huge bursts from the other dps classes so you can stay on them longer to get a kill... And you might have to absorb 90k damage in a 1v1 to put out 50-60k DPS to kill a high burst dps class... Plus it takes nearly twice as long to do...

So tactics and class roles for Sorcs have now been relegated back to the support role, like they were before the old madness buff before 3.0... This means distracting enemies at doors and node or defending or putting AOE pressure out, which we know means playing madness because Lightning AOE was nerfed after 3.0 as well as their burst... I feel sorry for anyone who prefers lightning to madness (like myself)... But it's just not a viable spec in the current meta... So I've switched back to madness...

Those support roles aren't that exciting either... I hate guarding and I'm not a dps fluffer... So I play a tactical role normally of distracting node guards or pressuring healers...node distraction or guarding produces pretty low dps numbers and you get those elitist dps jerks telling you how bad your dps is... But they nvr look at how much damage you took or how much healing on yourself you did...

I produce regular 900k DPS, absorb 800k-1mil damage, do 700-900k healing, 0-1 deaths per match... My average crit hits are 6-7k, with the occasional 9-10k...

So yes, Sorcs need higher burst in this current meta, especially Lighning... I would gladly sacrifice some survivability and fluffy numbers to have higher burst

Edited by Icykill_