Early access - a slap in the face by ea

AstralAce

Umpteenth uninformed, irksome tanturm - whee! But I see that other people have already attempted to point out really important things that you just want to ignore - like how you had to be subscribed for a specific period of time to actually get early access, etc. It's your problem if you can't read/pay attention/whatever.

I will now go back to the bar to hang out with Nico a couple of days earlier than you can - tee-hee-hee. He and I will be enjoying our drinks with tiny umbrellas and will share a toast over the copious amount of tears that you must be shedding over having to wait a week to play the expansion, OP!

I've been subbed since launch and never dropped, so I was subbed on the dates required to get early access. I have no sympathy for you or other people who cry about things that are essentially their fault. You want to blame the company because you didn't read the information/news/keep yourself up to date on matters? That's on you, OP!

Edited by Atreiya

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh there's no question between would have removed all doubt, as would starting and through. The point is they didn't use any of those words. They said choose to perform this single action event from date A to date B and get Z.

Snickers could say...

Buy a Snickers bar from Oct 22 to Oct 30 to be entered into the Halloween Sweepstakes!

Does that implicitly demand that a Snickers bar be purchased every day?

This is silly.

Reading comprehension, people.

It clearly states that you can choose to be a subscriber and that you must be subscribed from Date A to Date B to get the access. It does not state, "Become a subscriber between Date A and Date B to get early access."

I don't blame the people. I don't blame BW or EA. I blame the schools. :t_tongue:

You know what **** it.

EA is single handly killing this game off, and not one person has the balls to admit it.

I'm making ONE SIMPLE POINT - that ALL SUBS should get early access - it's retarded to do it different.

I've been a sub way before July. If you are a moderator you clearly don't do your job right, and your customer

service skills are clearly lacking since you seem to have no public relation skills whatsoever.

Either your a rude ****, or EA are. But I hope its the earlier rather than the later.

Cause I'd hate to think you were tarnashing the EA name.

A few posts ago, you posted this:

I don't really care if people think its fair or not.

I'm making the point that "ALL SUBS" should get early access it just makes more sense.

It's easy for someone who already has access to sit and say "Ohhh but it's only another week."

F*** off with that sh**

What's the point of having early access in the first place then if F2P arn't even getting KOTFE or better yet,

why arn't all subs getting early access if F2P arn't getting the new expansion anyway?

My point is, I've been a sub since august, but because I paid month-by-month I don't get the same benefits?

It's horse sh**

Now you want to claim that you have been a subscriber since "way before July"?

I know that July is before August, but why make the SPECIFIC CLAIM that you had been subscriber since AUGUST is you had, in fact, been subscribed since "way before July"?

I know that July is before August, but why make the SPECIFIC CLAIM that you had been subscriber since AUGUST is you had, in fact, been subscribed since "way before July"?

Well they also claimed that they were unsubed for less than 24 hours. For 24 hours, and at one point for a few days...

I could go dig up the quotes but meh.

But if someone was unsubbed for less than 24 hours, there's no way possible they could of missed early access. Because that means they would've of had to be subed in the 24 hour period that matters.

If it was a full 24 hours, then that would of had to have been one of the four days that actually mattered. If this is true, then well that some serious bad luck, and perhaps if they politely ask CS they may be able to do something.

If it was more than 24 hours, then they really have no one to blame but themselves.

I want KOTFE and I want it NOW NOW NOW NOW! How dare Bioware expect me to read and stuff. This is an outrage. I am a subscriber, dammit! I am owed Early Access. Give it to me now!!!111one

Is exactly what no one is saying. You either didn't read what people have said or failed to comprehend them, ironic.

there was a set of criteria that you had to meet in order to gain early access. if you met that criteria you gained early access. if you did not meet that criteria you did not gain early access. this criteria has been spelled out since day one.

i know you feel slighted and I can respect that. however, you did not meet the criteria hence you did not get early access. for the record: i got early access, but due to work conflicts i will be lucky to log in again by next wednesday. i was able to log in on tuesday for a spell, but, meh.

there was a set of criteria that you had to meet in order to gain early access. if you met that criteria you gained early access. if you did not meet that criteria you did not gain early access. this criteria has been spelled out since day one.

That's the problem, on day two they should have changed the spelling.

I get that whole, "I read this before Aug 10 and it totally made sense to me.", jive. Before Aug 10 the promotion was not as misleading as it was from Aug 11 through Oct 10. I subbed on Sep 29, and on Sep 29 the promotional page for KotFE stated, "Choose to be a subscriber..." Back when you chose, choosing was actually an option, so using the word choose is valid. When I chose to be a subscriber on Sep 29 there was no longer a choice I could make that could earn early access, therefore using the word choose was no longer valid.

Once it was no longer possible to earn early access they simply should have stopped promoting it, period.

Back when you chose, choosing was actually an option, so using the word choose is valid. When I chose to be a subscriber on Sep 29 there was no longer a choice I could make that could earn early access, therefore using the word choose was no longer valid.

Once it was no longer possible to earn early access they simply should have stopped promoting it, period.

People who were not subscribed on that first day (and/or the additional Aug day) were eliminated from the early access, but they were still eligible for the rest of the rewards should they stay subscribed. Those that WERE subscribed on the first day still had the opportunity to choose whether or not they stayed subscribed for the remainder of the promotion period. Present tense was still perfectly valid.

Edited by Rantank

I get that whole, "I read this before Aug 10 and it totally made sense to me.", jive. Before Aug 10 the promotion was not as misleading as it was from Aug 11 through Oct 10. I subbed on Sep 29, and on Sep 29 the promotional page for KotFE stated, "Choose to be a subscriber..." Back when you chose, choosing was actually an option, so using the word choose is valid. When I chose to be a subscriber on Sep 29 there was no longer a choice I could make that could earn early access, therefore using the word choose was no longer valid.

so basically what you are saying is that companies need to have personal webpages for every person who logs in so the front page tells whether anyone is eligible or not simply by them logging in, even if they are not in fact registered.

TFinally, starting your post off with "I'm a subscriber" is the equivalent of barging into a restaurant and yelling at the hostess "Do you know who I am!?!" It won't help your case, and will only make them hate you.

Actually, it's more like barging into a restaurant and yelling at the hostess, "I'm in a restaurant!" since only subs can post here.

People who were not subscribed on that first day (and/or the additional Aug day) were eliminated from the early access, but they were still eligible for the rest of the rewards should they stay subscribed. Those that WERE subscribed on the first day still had the opportunity to choose whether or not they stayed subscribed for the remainder of the promotion period. Present tense was still perfectly valid.

Not in the wording for the requirements to earn Early Access though, which is the entire point here. The wording for early access on Sep 29 when I subbed was "Choose to be a subcriber...", which is clearly present tense even though the ability to earn early access had ended well over a month earlier.

Except it still applied to people that were subbed before that date, but possibly might have let their sub lapse at some point before the expansion. I understood the terms because I...uhh...read them.

Edited by HarleysRule

so basically what you are saying is that companies need to have personal webpages for every person who logs in so the front page tells whether anyone is eligible or not simply by them logging in, even if they are not in fact registered.

Nope, I'm saying you shouldn't promote something that is impossible to acquire. Aug 11 they should have changed their promotion page to make it clear early access was no longer possible to earn.

Not in the wording for the requirements to earn Early Access though, which is the entire point here. The wording for early access on Sep 29 when I subbed was "Choose to be a subscriber...", which is clearly present tense even though the ability to earn early access had ended well over a month earlier.

Being a subscriber is a binary position, one we choose each and every month we renew. It does not say "choose to be a new subscriber".... if it did, you might have a point. But it doesn't and you don't.

if it did, you might have a point. But it doesn't and you don't.

I have to applaud those who have the willingness to humor him and point out just how flawed his whole argument was. Myself I didn't bother, but perhaps I should of... But based on what I'm seeing here, I'm not sure I would have any more effect than you all are.

Because again the word choose doesn't actually change anything, it doesn't make that statement incorrect, and does not rise to the level of fraud. Because as others have pointed out, being a subscriber is always a present tense action.

The only way the phrase in question could've really been more clear, without making it a good deal longer... Would be to use Through instead of To, but in this instance it's a fairly semantic argument, since both words really mean the same thing in this case.

Did BW intentionally mislead anyone? I think most would argue no. But would they have far fewer subs if they had updated their page after august 10th to say: Early access is CLOSED for anyone not subbed by or prior to August 10th. I do think they realized this. Sending out emails to get people to resub with the promise of some item many could care less about would not have netted them many resubs or subs.

This thread shows some degree of $ they gained by not updating their page to prevent any confusion. I don't think BW is stupid.

Being a subscriber is a binary position, one we choose each and every month we renew. It does not say "choose to be a new subscriber".... if it did, you might have a point. But it doesn't and you don't.

I actually have a multitude of points, check my signature. Furthermore the text stated, still states even, "Choose to be a Subscriber from August 10 to October 19 to receive the Early Access Bonus Reward!"

From...to is merely a range. You can not access that entire range inclusively without using more words. Choose is a present tense verb, therefore on Sep 29 it very clearly promoted to me that there was a choice I could make that day that would grant me early access. That choice was to choose to be a subscriber, a single action event, that must take place within the given time frame. Especially since early access was on the far right of the time line next to the Sep 19 swoop bike instead of on the far left of the time line next to the Aug 10 companion.

After Aug 10 the text should have changed to a past tense verb as it was no longer a choice that could be made. Players that chose to become a subscriber on or before Aug 10 and maintain that subscription through Sep 19 will receive the Early Access Bonus Reward!

Did BW intentionally mislead anyone? I think most would argue no. But would they have far fewer subs if they had updated their page after august 10th to say: Early access is CLOSED for anyone not subbed by or prior to August 10th. I do think they realized this. Sending out emails to get people to resub with the promise of some item many could care less about would not have netted them many resubs or subs.

This thread shows some degree of $ they gained by not updating their page to prevent any confusion. I don't think BW is stupid.

I think it would have caused equal confusion for players who had been subbed and may have stopped subbing. The same type of person who doesn't read everything closely might assume they have early access for being subbed already when it "closed" and may let it lapse prior to launch after the page is updated. It says right at the top that you must be subscribed on the below dates to qualify for the reward. The date under early access is 8/10-10/19.

The point is that you need to look into more than the marketing headline of a promotion to ensure you are meeting the requirements. Especially when the information lives on the same page. Nothing they listed was incorrect, but I understand where people can interpret what is there in a different way. That is why there is an asterisk leading to very specific instructions further down.

I actually have a multitude of points, check my signature. Furthermore the text stated, still states even, "Choose to be a Subscriber from August 10 to October 19 to receive the Early Access Bonus Reward!"

From...to is merely a range. You can not access that entire range inclusively without using more words. Choose is a present tense verb, therefore on Sep 29 it very clearly promoted to me that there was a choice I could make that day that would grant me early access. That choice was to choose to be a subscriber, a single action event, that must take place within the given time frame. Especially since early access was on the far right of the time line next to the Sep 19 swoop bike instead of on the far left of the time line next to the Aug 10 companion.

After Aug 10 the text should have changed to a past tense verb as it was no longer a choice that could be made. Players that chose to become a subscriber on or before Aug 10 and maintain that subscription through Sep 19 will receive the Early Access Bonus Reward!

If I told you I was going out of town from Aug 10th to October 19th, would you ask me what days I was going to be gone? If you did, I think you'd get some weird looks from people as they repeat the same dates back.

Nope, I'm saying you shouldn't promote something that is impossible to acquire. Aug 11 they should have changed their promotion page to make it clear early access was no longer possible to earn.

it WAS possible, for those that were still subbed prior to Aug11 yet whose sub would expire in the next few days or at some point during the promotion. It just wasn't possible for YOU, for 1000's of other people it still was possible.

Hence, every page would need to reflect the reality for each reader and say whether they are or aren't eligible.