Overpowered companions 4.0

Falkuhn

Is this whinefest still going on?

I soloed every Imp-side H4 that didn't have a multi person mechanic on my Annihilation Marauder a long time ago. And have soloed most others on every other class, at level or close to it. This game's leveling content has never been challenging, at any point in its history. Get off the companion crybaby fest. If you feel your comp is too powerful, don't bring it, quit trying to ruin the game for the rest of us.

Edited by Vember

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guess i better start clearing content before the devs step in and nerf everything. i swear to god some of you people are impossible. with the level sync on you WILL die if they weaken companions. you absolutely will. it's not even a question. dying all the time will not be fun either but hey, it's what you're crying for and i hope you get it.

You know it's possible to balance things without nerfing to heck, right?

Why do you people think balancing is going to make comps useless? I don't get it.

Is this whinefest still going on?

I soloed every Imp-side H4 that didnt' have a multi person mechanic on my Annihilation Maruader a long time ago. This game's leveling content has never been challenging, at any point in its history. Get off the companion crybaby fest. If you feel your comp is too powerful, don't bring it, quit trying to ruin the game for the rest of us.

And we're trying to ruin what now? Just a few days ago we all played with weaker comps just fine. Even if they balance it now they'll still be strong.

Do you really think being able to let your comp solo elites and bosses is how it's supposed to be?

And we're trying to ruin what now? Just a few days ago we all played with weaker comps just fine. Even if they balance it now they'll still be strong.

Do you really think being able to let your comp solo elites and bosses is how it's supposed to be?

A few days ago you didn't have level sync :rolleyes:

And you're exaggerating a bit, much like many of the pro nerf crowd has been doing this entire thread.

Edited by Vember

You're supposed to lose games sometimes. It is your job as the player to win. Right now the only way to lose is to make yourself lose. This effects the longevity of the game negatively. Even if you find it fun now, it'll be a bore eventually.

I felt this way immediately. It's funny how part of these 4.0 changes was to make old content more relevant, but it's made it more laughably easy even for actual level characters. I ran a new Inquisitor through Korriban last night. I was always able to solo Armed and Dangerous at lvl 10 with Khem, but I had to be careful, but last night (at lvl 11) I just steamrolled the entire room in about 2 minutes. By the way, it bugged out and didn't update when I took Lord Sundar's ring and I had to reset the encounter and do it again lol.

Edited by HarleysRule

Why do you people think balancing is going to make comps useless? I don't get it.

Except the history of this game has shown that they do not nerf back to balance but nerf to oblivion.

Examples:

Slot Machine

Conquest Crafting

Orbital Strike

Force Storm

And that is just in the last year, would you like me to go back further?

As noted earlier, there seems to be a large disconnect between the experiences of different players, and it looks like most of them aren't wrong in the reporting their own experience.

It looks like the various factors that go into determining how powerful companions turn out, are resulting in a very wide range of power.

It's not that they underpowered, or about right, or overpowered, it's that they're just plain way too variable.

I felt this way immediately. It's funny how part of these 4.0 changes was to make old content more relevant, but it's made it more laughably easy even for actual level characters. I ran a new Inquisitor through Korriban last night. I was always able to solo Armed and Dangerous at lvl 10 with Khem, but I had to be careful, but last night (at lvl 11) I just steamrolled the entire room in about 2 minutes. By the way, it bugged out and didn't update when I took Lord Sundar's ring and I had to reset the encounter and do it again lol.

Wait.. you mean they want you to focus on story rather than challenge of leveling...

It's like it's their selling point or something.

Except the history of this game has shown that they do not nerf back to balance but nerf to oblivion.

Examples:

Slot Machine

Conquest Crafting

Orbital Strike

Force Storm

And that is just in the last year, would you like me to go back further?

It's true -- Bioware cannot into balance. (Sorry, borrowing a dumb turn of phrase from another forum...)

One of the reasons I was against the companions being so radically changed -- I didn't trust Bioware to not end up doing something like this, with the wild and crazy swing of companion effectiveness once all the factors that adjust their power are thrown in.

As noted earlier, there seems to be a large disconnect between the experiences of different players, and it looks like most of them aren't wrong in the reporting their own experience.

It looks like the various factors that go into determining how powerful companions turn out, are resulting in a very wide range of power.

It's not that they underpowered, or about right, or overpowered, it's that they're just plain way too variable.

They are only overpowered if you have a stacked legacy. A brand new legacy has very weak companions in comparison. Given this expansion is geared towards new players, not old, and the fact they didn't want to take power away from older players, overbuffing with legacy perks is probably the result.

Honestly, I'd rather have overpowered companions with a level sync or remove the level sync and nerf companions. Established players shouldn't be forced to fight every group of mobs to do stuff like collecting lower level mats, tedium like that is a big turn off to players. They needed the level sync to make Alliance relevant so I'm not sure there is any other choice for them.

This thread is so funny.

People have been whining all the time that leveling and doing dailies is too tedious and time consuming and that it's impossible to find a group for heroics.

And now they're whining that everything is too easy and trivial and that they can solo everything with the new comps. :rolleyes:

Give them cookies and they want cake. Give them cake and they want cookies.

People...

Edited by Sindariel

How long have you been playing this game?

Bioware doednt balance, they nuke from orbit, its the only wsy to be sure after all....

Great, I don't want to strangle during leveling...I just want to relax and enjoy the stories. If I want to challenge myself, I ll go and play pvp, Flashpoints and operations. And if you are so good player, dismish your companion and play alone.

I tested this. One of the new companions in dps role vs elite. Companion had 50% hp left after elite died so about same human player would have without heals.

Companions were already able to solo elites pre-4.0. It just took a bit longer. Nothing new, here.

I tested this. One of the new companions in dps role vs elite. Companion had 50% hp left after elite died so about same human player would have without heals.

Lies. According to these people, the companions drop a tactical nuke on Ops bosses and walk away unscathed, while you rake in the fat lootz.

I find it fascinating how quick people are to assume that their own experience is absolute truth, and that anyone reporting otherwise is experiencing some sort of personal fault or failure -- that there could be no experience of what's going on in the game that doesn't match their own, and that the only explanation for others who don't see the same thing is that those others are "blind" somehow.

I hope they don't change them.

When I want some challenge, I play a HM flashpoint, a HM operation.

When I play my class story, when I do a side quest, the endless mob killing is no more than an aggravating chore. Making them harder to kill, by nerfing companions, it will only make that even more aggravating. No fun in that.

I find it fascinating how quick people are to assume that their own experience is absolute truth, and that anyone reporting otherwise is experiencing some sort of personal fault or failure -- that there could be no experience of what's going on in the game that doesn't match their own, and that the only explanation for others who don't see the same thing is that those others are "blind" somehow.

Haven't discounted anyone's opinion, in fact I even gave a reason that is quite logical for all the differing experiences people are having.

Legacy and influence buffs to presence. Since presence is the new companion gear, having stacked presence = having over geared companions.

Haven't discounted anyone's opinion, in fact I even gave a reason that is quite logical for all the differing experiences people are having.

Legacy and influence buffs to presence. Since presence is the new companion gear, having stacked presence = having over geared companions.

I wasn't pointing fingers at any one person, just noting the overall tone of the thread.

My experience.

New character, no legacy boosts, new server, first companion. Companion is actually a bit weaker then before, but can heal now so that makes up for it.

Has less health and dps than my previous companion in the same prof. This may not match everyone's experience, but this was mine. They are most definitely effected enormously by bonuses at higher levels IMO.

For new players, IMO, they are working as intended.

Wait.. you mean they want you to focus on story rather than challenge of leveling...

It's like it's their selling point or something.

That doesn't mean the game has to be stupidly easy.

My experience.

New character, no legacy boosts, new server, first companion. Companion is actually a bit weaker then before, but can heal now so that makes up for it.

Has less health and dps than my previous companion in the same prof. This may not match everyone's experience, but this was mine. They are most definitely effected enormously by bonuses at higher levels IMO.

That's what I figured. Us bitter vets that have an extra 500+ presence are going to notice a difference. I don't have any companions with max influence yet, but can't imagine they aren't going to get nerfed.

Edited by HarleysRule

My experience.

Then the easiest and best fix is to scale presence based on the level sync of the planet, since it appears to not be scaling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.