Which classs to play for my free 60

darkexcaliburjs

I do not have much experience with many classes, so it's tough for me to choose which one.Here are some of my options I came up with.

Sentinel- already seen story from my guardian

Commando/ Vanguard- haven't played these classes and haven't seen story but I heard story is bad

Marauder- haven't seen story, and haven't played both mar and sent

Powertech/Merc- haven't seen story or played the trooper variants

Sniper- have already seen story, but it was on my operative

whats are yalls recommendations, and also tell me if it will play well and is not nerfed to the ground

If you're interested in the story of any of the classes, don't boost it. Because you can't go back to do it on the character you boost. It automatically completes all the story content.

So any class you want to play, but don't care about the story on or already know would be ideal.

I'm in the same dilemma, trying to choose what to use my free 60 for.

Problem is, none of my characters have been past 55 yet (56 now with my powertech after the patch), since I didnt have shadow of revan prior to KOTFE, so I'm still in the process of doing the 50-60 range of quests.

I already got all classes to 60 during the 12x xp just for the legendary status and finishing all of the stories, but I've since deleted most of those characters (never had any interest in them until 12x came along). Now I've got my 56 Powertech main, 55 gunslinger, 54 sorceror, 54 mercenary, and a 31 operative I was working on just before the bonus xp ended.

I'm not partial to force classes, but i dont want a second smuggler (dont like the scoundrel AC's animations), so i'm kinda stuck with trooper, which I've never been overly fond of.

If you're interested in the story of any of the classes, don't boost it. Because you can't go back to do it on the character you boost. It automatically completes all the story content.

So any class you want to play, but don't care about the story on or already know would be ideal.

You can't go back and do class quest to unlock the buff for your legacy toons? How would I unlock my lvl 60 trooper buff for the rest of my toons? They dont come unlocked.

Nope. To get the legacy buff, it requires you to have completed Chapter 2 of the class story, but since the 60 Boost skips the entire story, it doesn't count as being 'completed.'

I've played every class and I'm having a difficult time deciding between Sniper or Mercenary.

Decisions, decisions...

I chose a class I really didn't want to level up, an Assassin. So if there's a class/advanced class you really don't want to level but would like to try out at end game, that's a good choice. Also, there's some leeway so you can try out classes. As long as you don't level to 61, you can delete your boosted 60 and get another one. But once you get to 61 you can't do that anymore. At least until the Devs change that.

had the most fun melting things on my pt for 60-65. any stealth class is nice. shaves a good bit of time.in terms of 0-50 story, i liked female smug character (plot was okay but thats my favorite voice acting). knight story was cool. agent story is interesting. Edited by dipstik

... Also, there's some leeway so you can try out classes. As long as you don't level to 61, you can delete your boosted 60 and get another one. But once you get to 61 you can't do that anymore. At least until the Devs change that.

Really? Not calling you a liar, but is there a source for that? I don't want to delete a 60 then have to go through support to get my free token back.

Really? Not calling you a liar, but is there a source for that? I don't want to delete a 60 then have to go through support to get my free token back.

here you go

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/7615

What happens if I delete my Start at 60 character?

If you’ve created a new level 60 character and find that the playstyle of that Advanced Class does not suit you, you may delete that character before they reach level 61 and create another without having to buy a token from the Cartel Market.

If you created your level 60 character using a token purchased from the Cartel Market, the token will not be returned to you. To recreate your character, click on Create Character, and you will still have the option available to create a Start at 60 character.

I did it myself yesterday and took the legacy armour as some of it looked really nice :)

Edited by Avorniel

mulling over this myself, i want to unlock the Ratataki species for use on a different class, could i start say a level 60 Ratataki Inquisitor for the unlock?

or is that disabled with level 60 characters, since it's based on getting a race to 50 to unlock it

mulling over this myself, i want to unlock the Ratataki species for use on a different class, could i start say a level 60 Ratataki Inquisitor for the unlock?

or is that disabled with level 60 characters, since it's based on getting a race to 50 to unlock it

have to unlock speices the normal way ie to 50 if you want to use them for other classes,you can only create a level 60 with the current races you have allready unlocked.

Commando/ Vanguard- haven't played these classes and haven't seen story but I heard story is bad

You know something? There are *two* things wrong with this statement.

First of all, as the others have said, an insta-60 can't p^lay the 1-50 story.

More important, perhaps: No, you haven't heard that the story is bad. You've heard that other people think the story is bad. Those people aren't you. Try it. Maybe you'd like it. I did.

Im really struggling with this, i just cannot make up my mind.

I really started to play again for the stories(never really got into the game last time i played).

Now ive started to level a juggernaut and find it really fun, and if i remember correctly inquistor had an interesting story aswell, so that leaves the rest.

I dont want any spoilers in case i want to level one later, but which class did you guys feel have a weak and/or boring story?

the trooper story is actually good. it's just as cliché as knight/warrior and smuggler but it's better than consular/sorcerer which are basically the same story if you have played them both but without the bill murray funny. I actually find the trooper story to be better than bounty hunter, as the trooper story is all about the hero without powers and is quite satisfying if you play light side, but the bh is - no matter your alignment - purely a revenge story

the only complex, nuanced story is the agent.

The more I think about it, the more I am unsure as to which I would like to boost for casual PvE DPS:

Sorceress (Lightning): Looks great but I hear it's somewhat of an under-performer

Juggernaut (Vengeance): It's iconic. It has great armor models. It's satisfying to play. It's a Juggernaut

Assassination (Hatred): Delicate subject to bring up as it seems to be a shadow of its former self

Powertech (either): Didn't like the BH story so never played it much; always in a good spot and looks fun

Generally speaking, I like a class which can dispatch groups due to high area damage, has good single target, and survivability...although with the OP comps, survivability isn't a problem.

Edited by Rustweaver

Got a few questions that are kinda related and didn't want to start a new thread just for that - how do the free 60 tokens work exactly? Is it just one free per account or per server? And apparently they can be refunded, but how does that work then?

Got a few questions that are kinda related and didn't want to start a new thread just for that - how do the free 60 tokens work exactly? Is it just one free per account or per server? And apparently they can be refunded, but how does that work then?

So you either have the 'free' lvl 60 token or you buy the 60 token off the gtn/cartel and use the token like you would any other unlock. Once you use the token (or have the free one)you can go back to character select screen and a new option under create a character will appear to let you freely boost a lvl 60 character. As far as I know once you use the token it's unlocked account wide and it can only be refunded (after successfully creating a lvl 60 character) by deleting that same character before you reach lvl 61. If you play the character long enough, you will unlock it's buffs, and whatnot, seemingly automatically. Good luck.

Edited by ShatteredDreamz

So you either have the 'free' lvl 60 token or you buy the 60 token off the gtn/cartel and use the token like you would any other unlock. Once you use the token (or have the free one)you can go back to character select screen and a new option under create a character will appear to let you freely boost a lvl 60 character. As far as I know once you use the token it's unlocked account wide and it can only be refunded (after successfully creating a lvl 60 character) by deleting that same character before you reach lvl 61. If you play the character long enough, you will unlock it's buffs, and whatnot, seemingly automatically. Good luck.

Ye, I read upon similiar things after posting my question, so thanks for the confirmation :) I was mainly interested in how long the refund is available and apparently it's 'till you level up once. And that the unlock is account wide, not per server. I also read that the beginning outfits are legacy bound, wouldn't mind taking hold of JK and BH's outfits before making up my mind :D

Got the same problem aswell.

Just got back from a long break,i have the stories finished for Guardian,Scoundrel and Inqusitor,playing a Mercenary (Arsenal) from scratch,ill finish his story but apart from that i cant really make up my mind on what class to use my token on.

Thinking about a class that i dont really enjoy playing like commando for example,will cut down my having to suffer thru all the leveling,not sure thou.