BIG KOTFE SPOILER: Valkorion and You

ScoutinArbiter

I kneeled to him on my Smuggler because it seemed like the smart thing to do when going up against a Force God and all you're armed with are a blaster and snark.

Then I used his power whenever it was available because again you're constantly going up against powerful force users and I feel like as a Smuggler with no force training it makes sense to do so.

I'm starting to think that this was a mistake because he keeps on talking about "our bargain" and whatnot even though the only reason I kneeled was to avoid being pancaked.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kneeled to him on my Smuggler because it seemed like the smart thing to do when going up against a Force God and all you're armed with are a blaster and snark.

Then I used his power whenever it was available because again you're constantly going up against powerful force users and I feel like as a Smuggler with no force training it makes sense to do so.

I'm starting to think that this was a mistake because he keeps on talking about "our bargain" and whatnot even though the only reason I kneeled was to avoid being pancaked.

If you accept his offer to help Lana and his offer to fight Heskal then when you try and refuse his help against Arcann he simply says no and hijacks your body. So saying yes twice means he can take over a little, keep saying yes and you will become well... whatever he wants you to be (ballerina? personal chief? official royal footrubber?)

If you accept his offer to help Lana and his offer to fight Heskal then when you try and refuse his help against Arcann he simply says no and hijacks your body. So saying yes twice means he can take over a little, keep saying yes and you will become well... whatever he wants you to be (ballerina? personal chief? official royal footrubber?)

I have a hunch that he's going to end up taking over the PC at some point regardless of whether or not you let him in/used his power, simply by being in your mind for long enough.

Edited by Ainhin

I have a hunch that he's going to end up taking over the PC at some point regardless of whether or not you let him in/used his power, simply by being in your mind for long enough.

I'm taking my smuggler down that road. Good guy, but really loves being able to shoot lightning from his hands. Going to find out the hard way what happens when you let monsters take over your mind. He didn't kneel. He just doesn't understand Lana's concern, because V hasn't forced him to do anything yet. Yet.

My agent wanted to handle Arcann herself and got a rude awakening. It may be too late for her but she already knows what mind control is like, and she did NOT like it. She'll be trying to resist V from now on.

Not sure what I'll choose with my inqusitor and powertech yet. :)

Valkie, like most people, have a tendency to change their minds, as well as be of two minds on one subject.

Of course, he said he planned to wipe out all life in the galaxy, but as stated (by Marr I believe) there are other galaxies, and in this case, it's known to us as Wild Space.

With all his power and schemes, I do think when it comes down to it, Valkie is still a human. He can change his mind, and I think it's a great idea to have him change his mind! Let's look at it. Jedi are all about redemption, but none of them want to allow it for Valkie!

I'm just annoyed that all this time, I can't point out "While he was being a good emperor over in this empire, he was causing death and destruction over in my galaxy. I reserve the right not to trust him."

That's odd. I got dialogue to state just that to Koth. It went something like this..

"You might live in a utopia but he destroyed several of our worlds in a quest to maintain his immortality." Koth responds with "well.. he's been good to us.."

Really? Now that's interesting. I only accepted his power in the swamps, but refused it the last two times. I'll be sure not to accept in the future if he can really ignore your decision like that.

Does anyone happen to have a video of that?

Edited by PoliteAssasin

That's odd. I got dialogue to state just that to Koth. It went something like this..

"You might live in a utopia but he destroyed several of our worlds in a quest to maintain his immortality." Koth responds with "well.. he's been good to us.."

And the funny thing is, it wasn't that long ago when our characters probably would have said the same thing Koth says.

And the funny thing is, it wasn't that long ago when our characters probably would have said the same thing Koth says.

Exactly. Some people think Valkorion's personality was changed in the expansion but I don't think so. There was a time the Empire worshiped Vitiate as a God. Just as the Zakuul empire does Valkorion. The Empire only turned on him when they realized he planned on eating them. Zakuul would do the same faced with the same truth.

Really? Now that's interesting. I only accepted his power in the swamps, but refused it the last two times. I'll be sure not to accept in the future if he can really ignore your decision like that.

Does anyone happen to have a video of that?

Haven't done that, but I can believe it, as saying yes is remembered.

My Consular turned him down all three times. My Inquisitor however accepted it on the third offer against Arcann (no kneeling for either of them). Both being LSers, but only in the II-III range, I thought that third time was a perfect time for the one who thought she could control all the ghosts the first time through, would say yes. :)

<<Oh and I do think he is a plot device for non force users as well so they can involve themselves in the force stuff like ghosts etc. Since normal people can't see them. >>

Although in one case this is true - in the very beginning of the JC story he/she sees and hears a vision but Qyzen does not - HOWEVER, in the republic storyline for Maelstrom prison - all 4 characters <JK, JC, RT and smuggler> all hear and see the Jedi Entity.

Be aware, on a character that I had "kneel" to him, I didn't accept his help for the first fight, did for the second, and wasn't able to choose for the third, he ignored my choice.

Maybe it has something to do with kneeling to him then. Cause you only accepted once when kneeling, and he still overrides your choice on the third. I accepted once without kneeling, and was able to refuse him both times after that. Really interesting.

Maybe it has something to do with kneeling to him then. Cause you only accepted once when kneeling, and he still overrides your choice on the third. I accepted once without kneeling, and was able to refuse him both times after that. Really interesting.

From my testing and it might be wrong if you accept his offers at least twice he can overwrite your final choice. So it seems he begins getting ahold of you if you accept his help.

Edited by Rhyltran

I suspect that there is just some sort of Vitiate-submission-counter in the background that increases by one every time you chose to take his power and that kneeling before him actually does count as accepting his power and gives you one Vitiate-submission-point.

And if your total count by the final choice is >=2 then you'll get hijacked.

Hmm this brings up another question. Can he already override your descision if you kneel and then save Lana (from getting injured) and then try to refuse his power during the Heskal fight. Or is it a Arcann fight only mechanic?

I suspect that there is just some sort of Vitiate-submission-counter in the background that increases by one every time you chose to take his power and that kneeling before him actually does count as accepting his power and gives you one Vitiate-submission-point.

And if your total count by the final choice is >=2 then you'll get hijacked.

Hmm this brings up another question. Can he already override your descision if you kneel and then save Lana (from getting injured) and then try to refuse his power during the Heskal fight. Or is it a Arcann fight only mechanic?

It seems that if you kneel, you can only use his power once before he overrides you. And who knows, maybe not even then. It's important to note, if you kneel he begins transferring some power to you before he gets stabbed. The explosion that happens after he dies is the only thing consistent between kneel and reject. The initial energy flow is unique to that choice. I wonder if that's what it is.

My 2 cents

I believe Valkorion/Vitiate is what we saw with Revan 2 split personalities.

Vitiate who wants to consume all life in the galaxy and Valk who makes an Empire based on Order/Discipline.

Now about the kids

Thexan Manifestation of light and Arcann Manifestation of Darkside.

Valkorion might sensed that Vaylin might develop a similar personality with the one Vitiate has and took mesures to restrain her.

It seems Thexan was the key and kept some balance in Valks family now the balance has shifted towards Darkside and valk doesnt trust his children cause they abuse their power when unchecked thats why he choose the PC cause he shows restrain and put the powers in good use.

I've been accepting his offers, I wonder what happens when I start rejecting them? Is there a way to refuse his power and come back to your senses? Or is it already too late for that?

If the last choice is any evidence it might be too late.