The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Class Conversation Style at last chapter...hate it.

Lunafox

At least it's better than the non-interactive, no-voice, generic terminals like the daily quests have been for the last several updates. *shrug*

Picking dailies up from terminals is more efficient, nobody is going to want to listen or have to space bar for every mission they pick up over and over again

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang. People already done with the expansion? :(

I really cant believe anyone expected it to be a long expansion considering its basically 15 dollars (the cost of a subscription). I'm not defending it or anything, I haven't played it, but I expect it to be several hours long with repeatable dailies.

It broke my heart that scene. I actually stopped playing for about an hour after that. It tore me up. I have to say it came dangerously close to making me lose my will to play, seeing that.

Honestly how the hell can she be camping? And alive...why does she get to stay alive, and we lose him. They always punish the Imperials/Sith.

I admit that kinda got on my nerves when that happened but I understand they did it to give us more options then 1 2 or 3 but they could have done it in a way that didn't make me feel like I was playing a game from 1995.

It's not limited to 1-3 options on the conversation wheel, in Mass Effect it includes options on both sides of the wheel (being a circle shape and all :D).

Have to agree though, as soon as they went down that road I thought "W.T.F." .

I'm not playing Kotor, not 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 or anything, this is SWTOR. I don't care what the reasoning is for it, it looks atrocious and it's a very jarring experience. The one thing that counted in this expansion for me was the story, and to do that in Chapter IX all of a sudden (couldn't care if it's for Alliance system or not) is pretty much the straw that broke the camels back, proverbially speaking.

It is for the alliance. If you read the update/blog. Story quests, flashpoints, still have VO. They wanted to add the alliance system so you could play with all companions but 8 classes and 42 companions was to much VO. You stil get VO with the main new companions in story, Lana and crew but alliance missions and stuff are classic.

I mostly agree it is kind of jarring but that's way it is.

It is for the alliance. If you read the update/blog. Story quests, flashpoints, still have VO. They wanted to add the alliance system so you could play with all companions but 8 classes and 42 companions was to much VO. You stil get VO with the main new companions in story, Lana and crew but alliance missions and stuff are classic.

I mostly agree it is kind of jarring but that's way it is.

I guess I somehow missed that part when I was reading it over, mind you I was rushed at the time. Still I don't want them getting the idea, that this is ok, cause it's not. :/ Thanks for letting me know though. :)

All I can suggest is to keep complaining about it. Make threads. Mass demands for change. All you can really do is demand they go back to full VO. Otherwise, this is the future.

Ok. I agree. This is reason # 4 I unsubbed. Hope enough people complain and get it changed before end of dec, when I run out of sub time.

Neverwinter Nights / Baldurs Gate II were awesome... 20 years ago.

I don't like it either, I must admit. It felt sudden, cheap and quite disappointing, especially being placed at the end of the currently available story content. My first thought was that... BW ran out of time and/or money at that point and had to resort to cheap trick like that to meet the deadlines.

I have yet to start the new story, just finished the previous story content. This makes me not even want to do it in the hopes of them adding voices later on. This is such a big step backwards for me. This would probably not been an issue had they had it like this to begin with. But to suddenly change it like that seems really stupid and must be very jarring.

I have yet to start the new story, just finished the previous story content. This makes me not even want to do it in the hopes of them adding voices later on. This is such a big step backwards for me. This would probably not been an issue had they had it like this to begin with. But to suddenly change it like that seems really stupid and must be very jarring.

it's ONLY for the ALLIANCE interactions the rest is all fully voiced. I don't like it any more then the rest here but I for damned sure ain't going to let it ruin my experience or keep me from playing the content.

Is there a way to go back to the usual style, where your toon speaks and there are three options? I hate the ancient kotor way where your toon says nothing, just stands there and picks out of a few options. It's nice to have more options, but I hate my toon not speaking.)

On the positive side, this makes it a LOT cheaper to add new content to the game. Less voice acting, plus its easier to find voice actors for new characters than it is to make sure the same 16 voice actors for the original characters are always available. Think about it, they can add new converstations with just 1 voice actor per conversation rather than 17 voice actors per conversation.

I noticed several changes in the approach to designing the xpac that seemed to be aimed at making it easier to add new story content. If the price of more story content is the simplified conversation system, then i am ok with it.

Edited by Bluejayoo

I had mixed feelings about this. At first I thought it was some sort of bug, so I hit esc and started the convo over again.

On the plus side, I have for a long time hated the dialogue in which you kind of have to guess at what exactly gets said. I liked knowing exactly, word for word, what my character was going to say.

I admit that kinda got on my nerves when that happened but I understand they did it to give us more options then 1 2 or 3 but they could have done it in a way that didn't make me feel like I was playing a game from 1995.

I heard this one more than one time now. This is total bs. Only very rarely there are more than three options and when you do, it's something like [more information]. Also sometimes we only have two options to pick now. Mass Effect had sometimes six options to pick and they easily fit on the dialogue wheel. What bothers me even more is that this is so cheaply made. No class specific reactions anymore in dialogues. I'm getting treated like a weak lvl 10 smuggler. No, I don't have to prove myself to be worthy you stupid lizard. I'm the f*cking Wrath! :mad:

I'm getting treated like a weak lvl 10 smuggler. No, I don't have to prove myself to be worthy you stupid lizard. I'm the f*cking Wrath! :mad:

Qyzen could care less about your Sith delusions of grandeur. You are nothing in the eyes of the Eternal Scorekeeper.

Is there a way to go back to the usual style, where your toon speaks and there are three options? I hate the ancient kotor way where your toon says nothing, just stands there and picks out of a few options. It's nice to have more options, but I hate my toon not speaking.

Please don't tell me that's how it's going to be from now on, cause it's awful. Convos in chapters 1-8 were fantastic, enjoyed the usual way this game does convos. The classic old style kotor way was awful and I hate it. If anyone knows how to make it go back to the usual way, if there is a way, please tell me, cause it's spoiling my enjoyment of what was otherwise an interesting fun time (except the end of chapter 1 and the end of chapter 5, where I almost lost my will to keep playing. :( )

Well what can we say? Welcome to Kotor 3...and RIP endgame content.

Edited by psikofunkster