Companion Return Terminal

Khiriath

So basically that's the price for 4.0? I start new story, but my favorite companion is gone forever? ***.. why the hell am i subscribing for here? :mad:

Well it was a surprise to be true, all my companions gone. But, seeing how the story is unfolding, i believe that BW is going to give all 40 old companions as we advance through the story.

if u play the 1st chapter u have to chose if you save your crew or they keep fighting. For this last choice i have no ideia what happen, but if u sent them away (my choice) it makes sense that you will find them one day. Give’s BW alot more to work with.

If u finish the chapters and start recruitment you will see alot of the old companions yours and other character.

I believe they will come back since BW didn’t remove the achievements for them...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a response from a Dev on another thread about this topic if this hasnt been posted yet

Hey everyone,

The Companion Locator Terminal is bugged as many have guessed. We didn't have a fix ready for it in time for 4.0a, but are aiming for 4.0.1, which will most likely be on Tuesday with the release of the expansion.

-Tait

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8536765&postcount=19

a response from a Dev on another thread about this topic if this hasnt been posted yet

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8536765&postcount=19

Great the biggest issue I had with the lack of old comps was that crafting crit hinges on influence which all my comps are at 10, but if I start KOTFE I lose any decent crafting ability as the few comps I do get, don't have great influence yet.

My level 65 Jedi Guardian just finished the first 9 chapters and got access to Yuun, Xalek and few others man...we really get access to a lot of companions! This is pretty cool...I gotta say as a Sith Inquisitor Fan...getting Talos Drellik and Xalek for my Jedi Guardian was pretty awesome I really liked those 2 companions!

yea that's a good question where is the Companion Locator Terminal ...located? plus I got T7 unlocked twice lol:):)

It's in the Alliance base, in the small room just north of the area where you turn in smuggler crates. It's the same room with the commander's datapad.

Dude you got it all wrong. Consulars can get Fess just by taking to him. Just like SW can do with Pierce. Its everybody else has to hunt mobs or do PvP

BTW.,... i wonder if IA can do the same with Lokin.

No, Lokin has a different conversation if you're an IA ("good to see you, thought you were dead etc"), but you still have to do the Rak event. (first toon I ran through was an Operative)

I wonder, if i select (1.)

"1. I don't want to wait any longer for my companions to return."

"2. [Exit terminal] I will wait for my companions to return as part of the story"

Then can i lose something in quests or dialogues later (after chapter IX) or this is just another misleading line and nothing will change in next chapters? :confused:

Edited by Glower

I wonder, if i select

"1. I don't want to wait any longer for my companions to return."

Then can i lose something in quests or dialogues later (after chapter IX) or this is just another misleading line and nothing will change in next chapters? :confused:

The terminal is non-canon. It means that if you summon your companions now, before they appear in the story, they'll be there for the purposes of running around with you but the story will act like they're not there. So you might have weird scenarios like a cutscene talking about how Kira is missing and can't be found, while your companion Kira is right next to you.

However, when those companions actually show up in the story, you'll still be able to do the story stuff for them like everyone else, and possibly recruit them in a canon sense. You won't miss content. Just like how you could summon Niko Okarr with the token and still do his recruitment quest later.

Hope this helps.

The terminal is non-canon.

/snip

Just like how you could summon Niko Okarr with the token and still do his recruitment quest later.

Hope this helps.

Is there any official proofs? I am grateful to you for the answer, for real... I just do not want to ruin my main char story. :)

This is obviously not official, but I can confirm you can get your companions, and it specifically tells you it will not change the story at all. It is just as they said it would be on the stream. Outside of the new story you can summon them and inside you can not. Also it will not affect future encounters. That's what it says

Is there any official proofs? I am grateful to you for the answer, for real... I just do not want to ruin my main char story. :)

Well, since they did the exact same thing for Niko ... Niko you could claim and summon, but once you got to the point in the story where you had to interact/quest with/for him, he poofed and you had to finish the quest to get him back.

So yeah, based on story triggers you may see a companion poof during a quest duration, which DOES make sense, but in all the rest should be okay.

I have yet to log in as I have been off for a few days (been modding for FS15 LOL) but this does sound like they installed the same system for all companions.

ANother post:

A Consular cannot get: Zenith

A Knight cannot get: Rusk

A Warrior cannot get: Quinn

A Inquistor cannot get: ???

A Bounty Hunter cannot get: Blizz

An Agent cannot get: ???

A Smuggler cannot get: ???

A Trooper can recruit every single companion from their original crew

I guess it is fair to assume the terminal is not yet fully functional then.
Edited by Glower

No, Lokin has a different conversation if you're an IA ("good to see you, thought you were dead etc"), but you still have to do the Rak event. (first toon I ran through was an Operative)

You know, I was irritated when I heard that my Agent couldn't instantly get Lokin like everyone else could with their former companions.

Then he started EXPLAINING...things...and I completely understood and am no longer irritated by the fact that I have to participate in the Rakghoul event.

Besides, he was drinking to the memory of my agent like he did with Cipher Twelve and that left me strangely touched :o

Edited by AngFour

Think about where you got your companions... When you create another character give that character a stronghold...

Create a legacy... Go to the fleet/starship (recomended starship) Go to where you found your companions... Search the world... Then you should find your companions ;)

Did this help? This is my first reply... Thanks for reading!

Edited by WolfieDaleBro
1-Typo

So I tested it and you can get companions back.

BUT the continuation to the new content does mess up their Influence.

Before you take any alt through the new content I suggest doing all the conversations of each character on your ship. This will effectively level them to about 6 if you do the right choices.

You cannot do this later as the characters will no longer be on your ship, and you will lose valuable Influence points which effects how they perform in combat and crew missions.

What's the point of the companion terminal?

I've played through to the end of KotFE on two characters so far, a Sith Warrior and a Bounty Hunter.

Neither have access to all of their companions and when I choose one of the options, after several warnings that this will unlock the companion but have no affect on future story, I find that I cannot summon them any way.

• 2 weeks later...

I really, really hope it's just a bug. Being able to adventure with Kira and Scourge is a huge part of why I love my Jedi knight, and it's not fair to have them taken away when they're supposed to be part of the class. Bioware repeatedly promised we'd get these characters back - had I known about this, I would not have started FE.

I'm holding off starting KotFE on a few characters because of this. I am partial to certain companions, and while I don't mind losing them for a few cutscene years, I want to know that when I'm done slogging through the same story the umpteenth time, I can then do some half-baked mission and get them back. Except that maybe now I can't dress them? Yay. Upgrade.

my sage is VERY attached to nadia. infact getting back to her was a huge motivation that pushed him through kofte. First thing i did when i finished chapter 9 is go to the terminal and get her back. Now im not sure if this was because she was already in the story. Just saying the terminal works to a point, at least for me anyway

• 1 month later...
I've been happy so far with the new companion system, however, there is one quest in particular I am not happy with at all.

If you're a Jedi Shadow, just wait til you see what you have to do to get one of the classic companions back. I don't want to post any spoilers but there is no way I'm grouping up and going all over the game world to meet those requirements or wasting hours and hours trying to figure out what I need to kill to get rep with him to level 10. It's not worth it. I'm sad that I won't have him back but it's just not worth the grind.

But hey I have several other companions from several other classes in my new collection, lol. I know it's part of the story but seems the original companions would all be on the same level of difficulty to acquire.

So true, I have only done KotFE with one Character, it just happened to be my Jedi Shadow and so I got my guy for free with no need to do the recruitment Quest. I was so happy about that as it looks like the most painful one. It was bad enough having to slog through the

M1-4X

recruitment but at least that was something I could just Queue for.

I feel your pain!

I think I would prefer if you just kept your Class Companions and that they were exclusive to that Class only. Give it a little custom Flavour.

Edited by OtotheN

Can someone please confirm 2 thing for me regarding returning companions since I have only completed KoTFE once with a character who only had the rank 10 influence converted from 3.0 affection, when you get your companion back do you get the companion back at the same level of influence you had with them prior to starting Kotfe? or does it come back to a standard rank 10?

Secondly once you have a companion back can you also retrieve them from the terminal so that they populate your ship once again? so for instance Knights get T7 back first can I get him on the terminal so that he sits back on my ship where he used to be?

Edited by Jedi_riches

Can someone please confirm 2 thing for me regarding returning companions since I have only completed KoTFE once with a character who only had the rank 10 influence converted from 3.0 affection, when you get your companion back do you get the companion back at the same level of influence you had with them prior to starting Kotfe? or does it come back to a standard rank 10?

Secondly once you have a companion back can you also retrieve them from the terminal so that they populate your ship once again? so for instance Knights get T7 back first can I get him on the terminal so that he sits back on my ship where he used to be?

Yes you retrieve them at the same influence level you left them

Companions will populate your ship if they are not in the "story" yet, alongside HK and Treek is it applies