The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How are you enjoying the update so far?

DeLaaNie

Got up at 6am (AEST) and started download, now getting ready for work at 8 and then when I get back this arvo going to jump straight in and take my time really don't understand the need to rush through as fast as possible :confused: Just going to have to tear myself away from it tonight and actually get some sleep for work tomorrow (wish it was the weekend already!). Edited by BlueShiftRecall

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was waiting for the people to come in saying the chapters are supeir short and they did the whole thing in a couple of hours.

I knew people would be purposely waiting for this to drop so they could space bar through it all, avoid everything possible and then cry about how short and a waste of money it is.

Why would Bioware care that you paid them money for the past few motnhs just to prove a point that isn't even proven?

Those that enjoy story and take their time through looks like it will average out around an hour a chapter which is about what I expected in all honesty ... you could probably stretch it out but the lure of 65 and new gear generally causes people to rush a bit more.

But it is doable in a a couple of hours. It did not space bar anything and made it through the first 3 chapters in 2 hours. 6 more chapters and i should come out at around 6 hours.

I find it rather comical/unbelievable that there are people here thinking for some reason that a video gaming company should be the one sending them email notifications that their CCs are expired.

I dont want to point at the stupidity of thinking its some random third party's responsibility that your CC is expired, but.... yeah... go ahead and think that one thru.

Lets say you were out grocery shopping w/that CC and it didnt work, are you all the sudden not going to shop there anymore because they didnt email you prior to grabbing milk, ice cream and your cheetos?

Stop being FKKIN stupid!

In a grocery store, a clerk would tell you that your CC has been denied! This scum at Bioware won't. It's not at all same...

Anyhow, my experience is horrible. Everything I feared came true. Ah well, maybe it'll be better next week because EA = paid beta after all ;) .

I knew the day I got my CC when it expired, because it's printed right on the card, and every time you enter your CC information, you have to physically enter the expiration date. When it did expire, because I had known for three years when it would, I got a new one and updated everything that I had tied to my CC with the new info.

How hard is that?

Edited by Vember

I find it rather comical/unbelievable that there are people here thinking for some reason that a video gaming company should be the one sending them email notifications that their CCs are expired.

I dont want to point at the stupidity of thinking its some random third party's responsibility that your CC is expired, but.... yeah... go ahead and think that one thru.

Lets say you were out grocery shopping w/that CC and it didnt work, are you all the sudden not going to shop there anymore because they didnt email you prior to grabbing milk, ice cream and your cheetos?

And i hate how some poeple cant see difference between claiming that its their responsibility and claiming that bw have sloppy and careless approach towards their customers. Simple as that

Any smart company would notify you. Want to know why? So you get that ship fixed asap and resub. Rocket science!

So yes in a sense they owe their shareholders every advantage they can get to increase sales. Shareholders don't want to lose out on money because customers simply forgot to renew credit cards, a simple programmed email notice works.

Edited by dwillyjpox

Any smart company would notify you. Want to know why? So you get that ship fixed asap and resub. Rocket science!

So yes in a sense they owe their shareholders every advantage they can get to increase sales. Shareholders don't want to lose out on money because customers simply forgot to renew credit cards, a simple programmed email notice works.

Do you honestly not comprehend that CC's have the expiration date listed on the card itself.

How idiot proof does something like this really need to be?

To be honest, majority of games out there are only a few hours long in story. So why moan about this being "short" compared to you buying Destiny or Fallout,l where you can smash the story in a good solid amount of hours. This is an expansion to the main game, so thank god it is as long as it is.

Regarding credit card transactions, do you not check your statements at the end of the month to see where money has gone and such? If not, then that's silly and of you do how did you miss SWTOR payment not going out?

It baffles me people on this day and age will find something, something to moan and gripe about because they are the important one here.

Here is how it plays:

You go through a corridor, kill some mobs, at the end of the corridor an elite mob is waiting for you.

Then you get some lengthy cutscences.

Baffles me when Bioware puts everything in instances to develop the story more freely, and then they come up with a level design that is so bland.

Do you honestly not comprehend that CC's have the expiration date listed on the card itself.

How idiot proof does something like this really need to be?[/quote

Again a simple email saying your recurring sub failed would do wonders for a subscription based company. Obviously you just want to blame paying customers for not looking at there credit cards that expire every what 7 years? Bye troll

I was waiting for the people to come in saying the chapters are supeir short and they did the whole thing in a couple of hours.

I will agree with the people who say that the story is short. Considering that I feel I have only done a story update properly as soon as my three important characters have run through it (Sentinel, Juggernaut and Powertech). That kind of imbalances my feeling to the actual length of a content update since I perceive it as more than others.

That said: Yes, the expansion is short. But I think people seem to forget that this expansion is, for all purposes, a free of charge item. You have to buy a subscription to get into the content, that's true. But you don't have to pay an additional sum to access it on top of that. This expansion isn't any shorter than the Makeb or the SoR story, but it comes as a freeby. The previous two had to be paid for, up to another months subscription on top of your payment. Even more.

TL;DR: I agree that the story is short. But I don't agree that the length makes this update in any way bad. KotFE is a nice free addition of content.

but but... this was going to bring OCEANS of people back...and...save the game.... it was the answer to all of our requests....

It is, and it is amazing. I heard the changes was the end of the world..of swtor. Seems like people are liking it. Must make the ones who hate it feel really bad.

JYSK about datacrons you actually have to log into all your characters that have them unlocked to sync them to the legacy so at minimum you will need to go on an Imperial and Republic to sync them

Thank you for this information. Put one worry out of my head.:D

How idiot proof does something like this really need to be?

Well, it could be the card issuers fault. You know they could remind you of the expiration date, by, I don't know, sending you a new card with the new expiration date on it several weeks before it expires...ya know...

Hmmm.. wait a minute.... :rolleyes:

Personally, with the 2 or 3 hours that I spent with the new mechanics, I like them.

The level sync doesn't seem to be a problem, from my experience with it. With my level 54 in level 50 modded gear got synced down to half of my mastery and power and I still wiped the place with no problems, one shotting a lot of the droids roaming kaleth and none of them knocked me off of my speeder even though I made a point of running around with 3 of them shooting me until my health was down to 50 percent. I was still flying circles around them and hopefully that bodes well for people who were concerned about being knocked off mounts and being forced to fight on lower planets while farming. Outside of the instance, I didn't fight unless I wanted to and I flew through them while they shot at me and had no problems outrunning them like I did before the update. I redid the Chamber of Speech and ran through it in about 2 minutes, killing everything and even killing the elite droid at the end in about 2 hits with it being level 7 and me being lvl 12 synced. Even running through that content initially I had to find a partner to take down that droid and I think (can't say for sure) that both of us had companions as well. I still felt powerful and I didn't feel I was unduly stopped by trash mobs getting to where I wanted to go on a planet that should have been easy. As far as my experience went, it was hilariously easy. I can't say anything about higher level content, but so far I'm liking it.

All my companions were conspicuously missing their pants, but it was easy enough to put them back together and get them looking normal. Nadia Grell performed well as a DPS and I could have easily not have fought and she would have wiped the floor with the opposition on at least Tython, so I'm hoping it will scale that well on later content.

Crafting I did look at and I like that it's easier to send people off on missions and I like I didn't have to buy into my max level and was just able to train it like I had been this entire time. I have to say my inventory is messy with them trying to fix and convert things, but i'm happy with the way it's going.

I don't have early access, so I can't speak to the new content, but from what I was able to do, I'm enjoying it and will definitely be coming back to try everything out as time allows.

I'm not at home yet so I can't tell you how I fancy it so far.

So far it's just broken as hell, I haven't even gotten to the point of double-checking everything I already knew was going to tick me off about it.

Oh, trying to get something to work, went to CZ-198... confirmed that max-level characters are no longer bothering with CZ-198, it's downsynced.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

seeing all the rage and bugs reports filling the forums I am afraid to log in.

Yeah, reading them is deflating me some, but I had intended to wait 1-2 weeks to play the expansion, since for all practical purposes, this is still a beta release IMO. Not only bug fixes will happen, but in some cases, they may react to some of the customer outrage in a patch as well.

I will agree with the people who say that the story is short. Considering that I feel I have only done a story update properly as soon as my three important characters have run through it (Sentinel, Juggernaut and Powertech). That kind of imbalances my feeling to the actual length of a content update since I perceive it as more than others.

That said: Yes, the expansion is short. But I think people seem to forget that this expansion is, for all purposes, a free of charge item. You have to buy a subscription to get into the content, that's true. But you don't have to pay an additional sum to access it on top of that. This expansion isn't any shorter than the Makeb or the SoR story, but it comes as a freeby. The previous two had to be paid for, up to another months subscription on top of your payment. Even more.

TL;DR: I agree that the story is short. But I don't agree that the length makes this update in any way bad. KotFE is a nice free addition of content.

True enough, they could have just added a few operations for free of charge as they have done in the past and that would be a lot less content for most people than what we are getting this time for just our sub fee.

So far it's just broken as hell, I haven't even gotten to the point of double-checking everything I already knew was going to tick me off about it.

Oh, trying to get something to work, went to CZ-198... confirmed that max-level characters are no longer bothering with CZ-198, it's downsynced.

What is broken as hell?