So, how long is the game taking you to load?

Redfoxmagi

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

87%, 16 gigs downloaded.

Now it's when I get an error and I have to start again.

i'd be more worried about the problems people are seeing in game as well.

missing companions

missing gear

missing items

some chars not having access to the expac

some accounts not having access at all

etc etc etc lol

I seem to have the slowest download going. 5 hours and counting, and I still have 7.89 gig to d/l on main assets. I don't know what launcher everyone else is using but I'm going to be here for the next two weeks just to update this patch. any help?

i'd be more worried about the problems people are seeing in game as well.

missing companions

missing gear

missing items

some chars not having access to the expac

some accounts not having access at all

etc etc etc lol

I'm a new player (been subbed for less than a month), so I have nothing to lose! Green gear on companions, crap basic lvl 50 gear on myself, unmaxed affection. I'm free of all the material burdens of Swtor.

Everyone and their mother is trying to download this game today, so patience is a virtue. That being said, I also live in Atlanta, with a comcast business account (stupid Data cap - long story). I loaded up the launcher around 1 pm, took a shower and came back to it being complete.

I did have problems once logged in, as it wouldn't let me use any of my existing characters, and said the game was downloading and at 0%. After waiting about 5 minutes, I closed down the game, waited like 20 minutes (had some work to do) and tried to log in again. At that time, it said "unexpected patch error occurred, please try again". I was like "**** me, really, I took off work for this". Then I closed down the app, restarted my PC, loaded it back up again, and it magically started correctly and I'm able to choose existing characters. Hopefully this info is helpful to anyone experiencing the same issues.

Just hitting 8 GB left after about 45 minutes. Though that's only the Main Assets.

Though I've gotten some good download spikes that knocked it down pretty fast. I'm guessing that I'm not the only one downloading from the server.

(At the start it was ~200kb/s but I've been getting some lengthy spikes of 1000+kb/s that stay there for a bit, then goes back down a bit.)

THis is a bloody disgrace. They had several months to prepare for this and now I'm stuck with download speeds around 50 to 120 kb/s. So much for "early" access :rolleyes:. I don't know why I even subscribed for this mess.

There would have been many options to prevent something like this.:mad:

BW/EA didn't think about all the players trying to DL the exp, so their servers are swamped. They are trying to help, they have Jawas behind the servers with restraining bolts on the servers, go faster or they switch you OFF (switches the server off and back on quickly for a demonstration).

What is the total amount we have to download out of curiosity? On the first part and got to only 8.05Gb with 240 KB/s (crap con!) :(

Can anyone reply to this, please?

When I started patching, it said 8.72G to download but that's probably only Step 1. Someone above said something about 16G. If that's the case, I may as well go paint the house while I wait - I'm lucky if I can get 1G/hr on my DSL connection.

Mine took half an hour to do its reorganisation, which took it to about 50%, and the following three hours have taken it up to just shy of 80%. I've had to restart the PC once, so I don't know exactly how much data it's taken, but I think it's somewhere in the region of 9GB so far. Annoyingly, it was averaging about 900 kB/s for the first hour or so, which isn't bad on my connection (maxes out at about 1.4MB/s) but for the last couple of hours it's barely been managing 5-600 kB/s, with the download rate spiking all over the place.

Like others have said, it's stupid in this day and age to fail to take advantage of pre-loading and/or peer-to-peer to smooth this sort of patch delivery out. OK, so we had that huge patch a few weeks ago including the Sacrifice cinematic, but surely some of this apparently 12GB of patch data could have been slipped onto our computers in the last week or two? Even if some of the files were likely to change again before today, surely they could have been amended/replaced in today's download without too much hassle?

I'll note that Blizzard's Battle.net app not only facilitates preloading, it also allows you to set different download speeds for current and future patch data. We could have been streaming this data for a couple of weeks at 100kB/s instead of all of it in one day in competition with everyone else at speeds that are bouncing around like a kangaroo at a rave.

I'm using a 300 mbit fiberoptics connection, but for some "odd" reason, I can't get more then 200-300 KB/s; My download test shows 30 MB/s DL capacity.

Conclusion : servers are swamped, and bandwidthis artificially limited. I think BioWare should have been prepared with a 9 GB patch and have provided according server capacity and linked bandwidth...

I can download "Star Trek: Online" (8gb) within fifteen minutes.

When it comes to downloading 'SWTOR', the download time seems to be several hours. While talking to my service provider, we discovered that the issue is on BioWare's end.

EDIT:: I think the installation process just stopped.

EDIT:: Okay, I am shutting the launcher down. I am moving onto something else.

I give up.

Edited by Linyivee

So, how long is the game taking you to load?

I've been sitting here for a few hours now and my installation hasn't moved past the fifties. My speed's not terrible, but seriously? At this rate the entire week of early access is going to be gone by the time my installation finishes. At the very least, they could've let us pre-load the damn thing.

There's a big difference between load and download.

I agree, pre-loading should be a thing, especially when early access is involved. Early Access should allow you to preload the game day or two in advance.

I'm using a 300 mbit fiberoptics connection, but for some "odd" reason, I can't get more then 200-300 KB/s; My download test shows 30 MB/s DL capacity.

Conclusion : servers are swamped, and bandwidthis artificially limited. I think BioWare should have been prepared with a 9 GB patch and have provided according server capacity and linked bandwidth...

indeed i am in the same boat and just to be sure i downloaded Skyrim and new vegas from steam in ten minutes while my update went a whole 0.07 percent.

just to show ya and again you messed up Bioware how is it your guys don't prepare for the updates anymore....

Edited by Heromofo

It took exactly 2 hours 25 minutes.

I had .450- .750 mb speed most of the time but there were 1.5 mb bursts.

I ran it wireless from a cable high speed modem.

As with all major updates, I go to character selection and quit, check here and will start and play

time will tell whether I'll like the new changes.IMHO they addressed alot of redundancies but DAMN I spent alot of credits and time dealing with those redundancies :p

Edited by ndursinger

Non early access subs will get be able to play right away next week..... Since they will already have the patch installed. We on the other hand will have to wait for patch glacier to finish moving through the narrow bandwidth that Bioware has created.