Welcome to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Knights of the Fallen Empire Early Access!

TaitWatson

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello i have a question, im wondering if it is possible to do my class story quests on an instant 60 if when i get in game i exit the chapter 1 of the new expac, i would like to complete the story at a leisurely pace with my insta 60 if possible.

It is impossible. Devs have said before that you cannot do any of the old class stories, forging alliances or SoR storylines if you start KOTFE.

from the faq:

11. If I am bringing one of my pre-existing Characters into Fallen Empire, what story elements should I complete beforehand?

Before jumping into Fallen Empire, you will want to finish your Character’s Class and Companion Missions, as well as the main storylines of Forged Alliances, Shadow of Revan, and Rise of the Emperor. These Missions will no longer be accessible once you begin Chapter 1 of the expansion.

Edited by Karkais

Went through the early access... and I'm really surprised that noone posted the impressions yet. NEGATIVE impressions.

Participated as Assassin there. Yep, at the start I was stunned with the cinematics and stuff, but then...

• What the heck with the Star Wars story? Is it finally damn fantasy genre game, which are hundreds on the Market? Switch Zakuul for Mordor, Beniko for Aragorn and so on... and NOTHING changes. Where is my spirit of the Empire? Where are my impressions of character being true Dark Lord? The story is good. For the simple fantasy novell. For SW, it is a fail.
  • Circumstances.
    Five darklords in the head. Now Valkorion, too. What is this for you, dormitory?! And, by the way, where are all of them? Wait, they're just smoke the mental weeds and laughing at the main character, right? I see. Should I join the club of anonymous schizophrenic? Or perhaps make complaints agains that Zakuul Knights to one of many "forced fashion" shows? Those legged pots with the shields really offend my sence of beauty. And lost companions... I believe I should ask the 'Pinkerton' to find 'em. They got good chances... ship droid is not the character I am missing the most.

• Three-years-old-oriented scenario.
    "Guys, watch, we are EEEVIIIIILLLL!!!!!11111 We strike down our allies and subordinates for nothing, just for you to think we are evil! And again! And again!" Wait. Really? Bioware, please, share you weeds, huh?

• And it's a damn shounen.
    Main character has the evil force dreaming inside him, which does save the character in the time he must be owned.

• From the previous:
    I am the damn Dark Lord of the Sith! Not the some Simple-Japaneese-Schoolboy.

• Any high school education for Dark Lords, huh?
    The "evil girl" had got it. Main character hadn't. How else can I explain the fact that main characters don't know anything about mechanics of materials? They try to pool in the different directions parts of the prison door. They almost can't do it, perhaps because of pneumatic shuts, but i'm not sure -- while they're capable of getting the BIG ship out of the swamp. And the "Evil girl" just changes the vector and freely breakes that door. Appparently she hadn't missed the university lections.

• "Play" button to get into the Chapter. Wait. "We made the game inside the game, so you can game while gaming"?
  • Hello, conversation rails. We're stopping only to order for somebody to live or die. Even new companions are not freely chooseable.
  • I am used to go through story with a friend. For the three first Chapters, I couldn't. Bioware, had you gone from one edge (16-man raids) to the another (complete solo game, with over 9000 phases)? What for?
  • Autoleveling. Starting as a prisoner. What's it for you, Bioware, a damn Elder Scrolls?
  • As the players were warned about, all the character links from the 'old life' - companions, quests - are gone. But if I knew what am I trading for it, I would never gone through the story.
  • Personal.
    Marr's unconditionally dead. ***, I LOVED THIS GUY!!!!

Conclusion: I can see the efforts of the team, and I can't deny it. But you have made the totally different game, and thus ruined SW:TOR as an idea. With the many flaws and logic glitches. If this would be a different game, indeed, I would have liked it. But it's not the Star Wars, and it's not the Old Republic. I understand, why you hadn't warned about it, but I'm furious.

Edited by de_Torio

I have been a subscriber since July. I did not buy any of the expansions but was able to max out my character to level 55 and play the Hutt expansion. I did assume since I had been a subscriber since July that I would be able to play Knights of the Fallen Empire as part of the early access however having logged I noticed I still cannot advance beyond level 55? Will I be unable to advance beyond this until October 27th as I did not purchase the Shadow Of Revan expansion?

just got the expansion installed only to find none of my characters are playable. my only option is to create a new lvl1....

i have to spend cartel coins to gain access to a new lvl 60? so much for early access to loyal subscribers. thanks for nothing.

I returned to the game recently and subscribed after ~40 months. But I haven't bought any expansions. So I'm capped at lvl 55, but thought I'd be released and free to level to 65 once the patch is applied. Any ideas if I'll be able to level when early access is over or do I still have to buy Revan expansion?

Thanks,

Wahaha

edit:

i WAS subscribed before the 10th and all the way till early acess,but it says here that all subs get it on the 27th anyways (So i gues even though i wasn't given early access FOR SOME REASON =/,i will still get it on the 27th)

quote : Star Wars: The Old Republic – Knights of the Fallen Empire is available for Early Access today for Subscribers who were active between August and early October. The digital expansion will launch on October 27, 2015 and is free for all Subscribers.

Edited by Gguyrules

Just one more question. I'm very confused about this. Do we still need to upgrade our companions with better gear or is it just for customization now?

No upgrade for companions, their stats are based upon your Influence. You can change their skin look through the customization process.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/10202015/game-update-4.0-knights-fallen-empire-early-access

"Companion gear is now purely aesthetic. Players no longer need to worry about companions underperforming because of their outdated gear. While equipment will still change the visual appearance of companions just as it did before (it's important to look your best when you're adventuring across the galaxy!), companions will no longer gain combat stats from their gear. Due to this change, any gear slots which have no effect on a given companion's appearance will be removed from that companion. Any gear in those slots will be returned directly to the Character's inventory."

Edited by PierceHolden

So having subscribed since launch, my sub lapsed in August when I was on holiday. I returned and renewed in early September and have been a sub since.

No early access for me. Totally frustrated with the amount of money I have paid in subs since launch that one short lapse locks me out.

Next time, for goodness sake make it simpler. Be a subscriber by a week before launch would do it.

Argh:(

It is impossible. Devs have said before that you cannot do any of the old class stories, forging alliances or SoR storylines if you start KOTFE.

from the faq:

ok then i have another question, why was i able to go to tython and get the class mission to talk to the trainer? if they are going to have access to the periferals they should atleast give you a checklist of the decisions so you know what was decided, i wouldnt have a problem with this instant 60 if the companion convos were available on my instant 60.

edit:

i WAS subscribed before the 10th and all the way till early acess,but it says here that all subs get it on the 27th anyways (So i gues even though i wasn't given early access FOR SOME REASON =/,i will still get it on the 27th)

quote : Star Wars: The Old Republic – Knights of the Fallen Empire is available for Early Access today for Subscribers who were active between August and early October. The digital expansion will launch on October 27, 2015 and is free for all Subscribers.

im asuming that they meant for you to be subbed for the whole batch of rewards.

Did I miss something? I was a subscriber long before the rewards date began & I've been an active subscriber the entire time, didn't get rewards or early access. Submitted a ticket & got a response, everything checks out & submitted another response, didn't get any. Did I do something wrong?

I still have a huge issue with the "Active between August and October wording." I resubbed for 90 day on August 16th and now I'm locked out of early access. I know now that I had to be in on the promotion by the 10th but the whole thing is still misleading.

For those that are having problems with not getting what you should, it could be a glitch if you have recurring subs, or it didn't log you in whatever system they used to keep track of those who were eligible for the rewards and early access Edited by nailbluetoe

So having subscribed since launch, my sub lapsed in August when I was on holiday. I returned and renewed in early September and have been a sub since.

No early access for me. Totally frustrated with the amount of money I have paid in subs since launch that one short lapse locks me out.

Next time, for goodness sake make it simpler. Be a subscriber by a week before launch would do it.

Argh:(

I'm in the same boat. missed due to having to pay another bill.

Ok what the hell is going on

I subscribed well before August 10th and my sub is still up. I download the update, start the game and can't play any of my lvl 60 characters. The only character I can access is lvl 1 and the game tells me I need to "download planets" as I play. No idea what does that mean but ok, I log the character in and alt tab so everything can download.

After an hour IN THE GAME, the dl counter is still at 0% and I still can't access any of the lvl 60 character.

Furthermore, I can't even create the free lvl 60 premade character as the option is greyed out.

What the fk is this?

Edited by gibmachine

yet again,no idea why i didn't get early acess BUT,listen people,all subs will still get a copy of the dlc on the 27th,gues it's just about waiting then

in the meanwhile,enjoy other aspects,CHECK TOR DECORATING...they got such awsome amounts of awsome furniture in 4.0 that my mind was blown...

those decos are like 90% of ones i dreamed of having + other very awsome looking one fit for many scenarios =D,the amount and choices is simply mind blowing!

Edited by Gguyrules

Ok what the hell is going on

I subscribed well before August 10th and my sub is still up. I download the update, start the game and can't play any of my lvl 60 characters. The only character I can access is lvl 1 and the game tells me I need to "download planets" as I play. No idea what does that mean but ok, I log the character in and alt tab so everything can download.

After an hour IN THE GAME, the dl counter is still at 0% and I still can't access any of the lvl 60 character.

Furthermore, I can't even create the free lvl 60 premade character as the option is greyed out.

What the fk is this?

Did you try running the game with "run as administrator"? Worked for me when I couldn't get in game!