Welcome to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Knights of the Fallen Empire Early Access!

TaitWatson

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so we've got 5 hours SP story and a massive grindfest as endgame "content" on previous planets with level sync. Seriously...this is a predictable interactive B movie.

First im gonna switch back to F2P, and if the next update will continue to follow this road, im gonna close this 4 year period which i really liked till this point.

The repair option is grayed out. Can't select it :(

Hey bud, check your game client folders for an executable called bitraider.exe. If it's there try locating this program within your programs list and uninstall it. If it's not on the list, you may need to manually remove it and it's folder. Additionally, there's an option in the launcher that you'll want to disable to prevent this peer to peer client from reinstalling. BitRaider is designed to download clientside files on the fly but for some reason doesn't always work correctly; and consequently doesn't always "repair" what's broken.

If this is indeed the culprit, better instructions are here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7826333

Edited by -staticmatic-

Hi all!

The new chapters of the Knights of the Fallen Empire will be in 2016 or early ?

I think they have said something about releasing the new chapters early 2016, we have to wait and see.

I hope they will come very, very soon :tran_smile:

Edited by Icestar

I'm a little concerned, only because #1 (and this has been said before) this is a multiplayer game. Running through the KotFE chapters has been a solo experience, and at certain points in the story I can't even queue. This was never the case in Vanilla TOR or RotHC, but since SoR this game plays a lot more like KoTOR3 than an MMO.

My second gripe is the story itself. Beautiful settings, high production value, nuanced characters, but you know I'm not a Sith Lord right? The story, particularly the Valkorian stuff, seems tailored for the Sith Warrior. My main is a Smuggler, he's Malcolm Reynolds, not Raistlin Majere. An all powerful galactic sorcerer would see him as a fly to be swatted, not an apprentice/bromance. And my 1st alt is a LS Consular. He's wouldn't have anything to do with Valkorian either, would oppose him the same way Marr did, to the death. The railroad storyline with few choices (and almost no neutral ones) breaks immersion IMO.

But I guess these little gripes, I get what BW is offering.

My personnal thoughts about Knights of the Fallen Empire.

The solo RPG part

-pros : the storyline of the chapters 1-8 seemed to me very good ( despite the fact that Valkorion can be everywhere and lead two different empires at the same time... *** !) I had a lot of pleasure to discover little by little what happened, the story is very immersive, with unexpected twists... so the solo action RPG part of this extension is good but...

-cons : I can only play it alone, no way to play with my wife or my friends, and fights were very too easy, nothing can kill me except an elevator :D

to resume, I found it good, but done fast.

The MMO RPG part (since chapter nine) :

I had great great expactations on the fact that there was five years left during which all of our partners disband and survived from their own way, we were told there would be choices with impact on the story line, so I was excited triyng to find my old partners, know what had happened to them, how they changed during these five years and discover new ones, learn to know them...

Such a great desappointement !

First, my personnal character loose his voice, less imersion, then during the nine chapters and in the following I go well recruting ancient and new partners... but what a deception, so few talk, no more dialogues, nothing to have relation with them... My wife play an imperial agent, when she discover Scorpions... she only had one more line of dialogue and nothing more ! And for all the partners, we no longer have the opportunity to talk to them again, we can just offer them gifts to improve their peformance in the game....

Once they were full-fledged characters with whom we maintained relationships, were building a common history ... Now they are only basic MMO's PNJ, only giving support in gameplay.

The break of five years was such on opportunity to build new relations, have new dialogues with our partners, one of the strong points of the MMO at the start... But at this time of the chapers, for the few partners met, we just right to prompt presentation and a quest objective. It's so disappointing. Since we brought back doublers for it, why not have new dialogues doubled again to put the story built with them before?

I hope things will be done on this way because for the moment, I feel a little betrayed over what had been announced and I have the feeling that the game loses its wealth and its singularity. The solo story is good, but one of the highlights of "the old republic" was the story built by our characters and our partners.

The solo RPG part

-pros : the storyline of the chapters 1-8 seemed to me very good ( despite the fact that Valkorion can be everywhere and lead two different empires at the same time... *** !) I had a lot of pleasure to discover little by little what happened, the story is very immersive, with unexpected twists... so the solo action RPG part of this extension is good but...

-cons : I can only play it alone, no way to play with my wife or my friends, and fights were very too easy, nothing can kill me except an elevator :D

I had great great expactations on the fact that there was five years left during which all of our partners disband and survived from their own way, we were told there would be choices with impact on the story line, so I was excited triyng to find my old partners, know what had happened to them, how they changed during these five years and discover new ones, learn to know them...

First, my personnal character loose his voice, less imersion, then during the nine chapters and in the following I go well recruting ancient and new partners... but what a deception, so few talk, no more dialogues, nothing to have relation with them... My wife play an imperial agent, when she discover Scorpions... she only had one more line of dialogue and nothing more ! And for all the partners, we no longer have the opportunity to talk to them again, we can just offer them gifts to improve their peformance in the game....

Once they were full-fledged characters with whom we maintained relationships, were building a common history ... Now they are only basic MMO's PNJ, only giving support in gameplay.

The break of five years was such on opportunity to build new relations, have new dialogues with our partners, one of the strong points of the MMO at the start... But at this time of the chapers, for the few partners met, we just right to prompt presentation and a quest objective. It's so disappointing. Since we brought back doublers for it, why not have new dialogues doubled again to put the story built with them before?

I hope things will be done on this way because for the moment, I feel a little betrayed over what had been announced and I have the feeling that the game loses its wealth and its singularity. The solo story is good, but one of the highlights of "the old republic" was the story built by our characters and our partners.

The break of five years was such on opportunity to build new relations, have new dialogues with our partners, one of the strong points of the MMO at the start... But at this time of the chapters, for the few partners met, we just right to prompt presentation and a quest objective. It's so disappointing. Since we brought back doublers for it, why not have new dialogues doubled again to put the story built with them before?

^ I'm with this guy........

The solo RPG part

I agree with this poster on everything he said....with one addendum, the leveling down of maxed toons. BAD BAD BAD!

First off, what's the point of having a maxed level toon when a prologue level mob can wipe you out while exploring? Secondly, now that there are missions to go back an replay the world boss fights, the leveling down hadicaps that ability. And before you respond with "it encourages groups to form", WB groups form about as often as unicorn sightings in Texas does.

Great way to trip up an otherwise, what I personally felt, a perfectly entertaining Star Wars game.

I agree with this poster on everything he said....with one addendum, the leveling down of maxed toons. BAD BAD BAD!

First off, what's the point of having a maxed level toon when a prologue level mob can wipe you out while exploring? Secondly, now that there are missions to go back an replay the world boss fights, the leveling down hadicaps that ability. And before you respond with "it encourages groups to form", WB groups form about as often as unicorn sightings in Texas does.

Great way to trip up an otherwise, what I personally felt, a perfectly entertaining Star Wars game.

theres one thing, the level sync system isnt bad at all since you no longer have to roll out a new toon to help a friend lvl, now it is bad in the sense that things can kill you when things shouldnt be able to kill you, but apart from that it provides more of a challenge to the gameplay, unless you want them to take out lvls entirely and make it to where one shot can kill you if your hit, also unicorn sightings in texas? come on dude use more creativity, unicorns aresighted in texas all the time on tv lol and the world boss groups do form regularly now from what ive seen and taken part in you just have to be on a populated planet and be attentive ton certain keywords/letters like LFG WB and stuff to that nature the only reason i can see to complain on this is if your in your early teens or are just looking at things from a narrow view, no offence meant in any way just my two cents on the issue.

theres one thing, the level sync system isnt bad at all since you no longer have to roll out a new toon to help a friend lvl, now it is bad in the sense that things can kill you when things shouldnt be able to kill you, but apart from that it provides more of a challenge to the gameplay, unless you want them to take out lvls entirely and make it to where one shot can kill you if your hit, also unicorn sightings in texas? come on dude use more creativity, unicorns aresighted in texas all the time on tv lol and the world boss groups do form regularly now from what ive seen and taken part in you just have to be on a populated planet and be attentive ton certain keywords/letters like LFG WB and stuff to that nature the only reason i can see to complain on this is if your in your early teens or are just looking at things from a narrow view, no offence meant in any way just my two cents on the issue.

Actually, there would have been a way around this problem: make it possible to chose if you want to get leveled down right now or not. You want to explore and perhaps wipe a world boss for the achievement? Disable the level down option.

You want to do the missions for your alliance or help a friend? Activate the level down option.

It would be relatively easy to implement and you would have the advantages of both worlds, without any of the disadvantages.

It's normal level with sync in other planet. It's system uses in Guild Wars 2 and normal.

What i think need to change it's maybe pvp system it's only my thoughts, and do not force anyone to think so.And i only wante the new chapters soon come :D

With post what at the beginning of this page i agreed with something and disagree

Edited by AlexanderDrago

• 2 weeks later...

I disagree with "it provides more of a challenge". They simply OPed your companion and then made you more weaker. It doesnt make it harder or easier, just more annoying. You have to kill more mobs from pulling everything and guess what, your companion could whoop your butt - looks like vette could get her revenge soon.

• 2 months later...
I hope that Bioware will eventually add Vaylin's outfit in the cartel store under the equipment category and have it be for level 1 or 60 depends on what Bioware thinks it should be cause I would like to use her outfit for my female character. Bioware I hope you read this and I hope you agree with me and decide to make this but its up to you. Edited by Jedidevi