The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Holy**** Revan is overrated

Makrogai

Seeing many threads now with VS. threads and apparantly Revan wins all of them

Delight me, how the hell does revan win over Sidious in any fight?

Sidious destroyed Savage Opress and Maul without even trying in the clone wars

He killed 5 of the most powerful jedi duelists at the time without even trying aswell. 3 of them all died in one blow another one died fairly shorly after, and Windu never stood a chance.

He destroyed entire armadas with just his force powers and wiped out entire species

He's so fast he can fade out of existance when moving.

I didnt see revan acomplish anything of the above, elighten me fanboy, why is that character so powerful when he cannot even beat Emperor

Vitate/Valkorion

in 1v1?

I thought boba fett fanboys were bad but this is just stupid

Edited by Makrogai

Anyone who thinks Revan can win against Sidious is rather delusional. The guy is powerful sure, but he's not at that level. However it's better than what it was before in gauging where he stands, when Revan really had nothing going for him before TOR started up other than Kotor. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Still not as overrated as Kun though.

This. Revan may be overrated, but Kun didn't even come close to conquering the galaxy, like Revan would have if he hadn't been betrayed.

Also Sidious' extreme power in the EU is one of the things that I view as poor writing in it. That and the Sun Crusher.

This. Revan may be overrated, but Kun didn't even come close to conquering the galaxy, like Revan would have if he hadn't been betrayed.

In all fairness, Kun too was betrayed.

He at least did bring the entire Senate to their knees, figuratively speaking, through the Force alone, at the same time as defeating his former master, and walked away in one piece after showing just how vulnerable both the Republic and Jedi really were at the time.

Still not as overrated as Kun though.

This times a hundred. lol

Revan has his devoted fanboys and his deranged detractors, but once you get away from the message board noise, Revan is one of the most powerful, and interesting Jedi in the franchise.

In short, he's actually a very good character, and I say that as someone who isn't necessarily a "fan", but I do like the character.

-----------

P. S.

From all the message boards I've seen, Revan isn't even close to being the most overrated character either. There are three or four easily ahead of him.

Edited by CaulderBenson

Most characters are overrated, because in the extended universe a lot of characters were created by writers who had a vision for that specific character and they made them far too powerful.

Sidious is a good example why you should be careful by creating a powerful evil villain. He was a real good designed bad guy in episode 4-6 but became far to powerful in that 30 years that followed the movies.

That's why, in my opinion, any Darth X vs. Darth Y almost never makes sense.

Revan had a better illusion when he didn't have a voice, as in back during KOTOR1.

SWTOR gave Revan a voice in The Foundry flashpoint, and cheapened the character as a flashpoint boss.

SWTOR:Shadow of Revan, changed the voice actor, gave him a worse voice over for SoR, cheapened him further.

Revan of KOTOR1 fame is dead and buried. All we have is another dime dozen cheap MMO boss that every player roflstomped 3 billion times over.

RIP Revan (2003 - 2011)

Edited by Falensawino

Seeing many threads now with VS. threads and apparantly Revan wins all of them

Revan is one of my favorite characters in Star Wars saga and I wouldn't assert that he will win in every fight. However, I will address some of your points.

Delight me, how the hell does revan win over Sidious in any fight?

Revan may not manage to defeat Darth Sidious at his prime [1 on 1] but he will hold his own nonetheless and likely push him to his limits.

Sidious destroyed Savage Opress and Maul without even trying in the clone wars

Without even trying? Don't be ridiculous.

Darth Sidious seems to give the impression that he is enjoying a duel but this doesn't imply that he is not doing his best. IMO, Darth Sidious creates such an impression to demoralize his opponents; to make his opponents believe that they have no hope. It is a sound tactic. More importantly, he had to break the coordination of the the brothers to overcome them. Watch the fight carefully.

He killed 5 of the most powerful jedi duelists at the time without even trying aswell. 3 of them all died in one blow another one died fairly shorly after, and Windu never stood a chance.

Another poorly constructed argument.

That Jedi Strike Team comprised of 4 Jedi in total; all of them were renowned for their dueling abilities. Mace Windu is the only (genuine) powerhouse among them. Saesee Tiin is also implied to have decent Force abilities but he did not get the opportunity to bring his powers to bear during this confrontation.

You may not have noticed that the Jedi committed a tactical blunder; they positioned themselves very close to Darth Sidious without realizing that they may get in each other's way (should the hostilities commence) and the Sith Lord could exploit their positioning to his advantage from such a short gap. No wonder, Darth Sidious managed to blitz those idiots from such a short gap. Luckily for Mace Windu, Kit Fisto bought him time to sink into Vaapad at the right moment and hold his own afterwards. In-fact, a source asserts that the Jedi were caught by surprise.

I get the impression that the Jedi were overconfident and unaware of the capabilities of the Sith Lord and these factors worked against them.

An important lesson is that one must take into account the ground realities of the environment or setting where the battle is expected to take place. This kind of homework makes difference even in real life battle scenarios.

He destroyed entire armadas with just his force powers and wiped out entire species

Fair point.

But we haven't seen the best of Revan in the aspect of Force powers yet, so a comparison in this aspect is not possible. Revan is a master of both Light and Dark sides of the Force but he didn't prefer to flatten stuff around him due to his mindset. However, Revan sent Vitiate packing with a blast of power in a confrontation, something that nobody else have ever managed to duplicate against Vitiate as far as I am aware.

He's so fast he can fade out of existance when moving.

Darth Marr have a comparable showing. Yet, Revan had no trouble reacting to him in a battle.

I didnt see revan acomplish anything of the above, elighten me fanboy, why is that character so powerful when he cannot even beat Emperor

Vitate/Valkorion

in 1v1?

I thought boba fett fanboys were bad but this is just stupid

Vitiate have superior showings then Darth Sidious to be honest.

Besides, Revan doesn't have shortage of excellent talents. He can react to extremely fast Force-users just fine (e.g. Darth Marr) and have history of contending with some of the most potent Strike Teams ever assembled. He is undeniably among the best.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

• 2 weeks later...
Revan is one of my favorite characters in Star Wars saga and I wouldn't assert that he will win in every fight. However, I will address some of your points.

Revan may not manage to defeat Darth Sidious at his prime [1 on 1] but he will hold his own nonetheless and likely push him to his limits.

Without even trying? Don't be ridiculous.

Darth Sidious seems to give the impression that he is enjoying a duel but this doesn't imply that he is not doing his best. IMO, Darth Sidious creates such an impression to demoralize his opponents; to make his opponents believe that they have no hope. It is a sound tactic. More importantly, he had to break the coordination of the the brothers to overcome them. Watch the fight carefully.

Another poorly constructed argument.

That Jedi Strike Team comprised of 4 Jedi in total; all of them were renowned for their dueling abilities. Mace Windu is the only (genuine) powerhouse among them. Saesee Tiin is also implied to have decent Force abilities but he did not get the opportunity to bring his powers to bear during this confrontation.

You may not have noticed that the Jedi committed a tactical blunder; they positioned themselves very close to Darth Sidious without realizing that they may get in each other's way (should the hostilities commence) and the Sith Lord could exploit their positioning to his advantage from such a short gap. No wonder, Darth Sidious managed to blitz those idiots from such a short gap. Luckily for Mace Windu, Kit Fisto bought him time to sink into Vaapad at the right moment and hold his own afterwards. In-fact, a source asserts that the Jedi were caught by surprise.

I get the impression that the Jedi were overconfident and unaware of the capabilities of the Sith Lord and these factors worked against them.

An important lesson is that one must take into account the ground realities of the environment or setting where the battle is expected to take place. This kind of homework makes difference even in real life battle scenarios.

Fair point.

But we haven't seen the best of Revan in the aspect of Force powers yet, so a comparison in this aspect is not possible. Revan is a master of both Light and Dark sides of the Force but he didn't prefer to flatten stuff around him due to his mindset. However, Revan sent Vitiate packing with a blast of power in a confrontation, something that nobody else have ever managed to duplicate against Vitiate as far as I am aware.

Darth Marr have a comparable showing. Yet, Revan had no trouble reacting to him in a battle.

Vitiate have superior showings then Darth Sidious to be honest.

Besides, Revan doesn't have shortage of excellent talents. He can react to extremely fast Force-users just fine (e.g. Darth Marr) and have history of contending with some of the most potent Strike Teams ever assembled. He is undeniably among the best.

Sidious would destroy revan without even trying

According to George Lucas, Sidious struggled against Windu and honestly lost the duel against him. Also, Yoda was starting to win the fight against Sidious towards the end of the fight, and Windu is supposedly stronger than Yoda, even if it might not be by much. So, with that said, I'd say Windu and Yoda were more than a match for Sidious, only losing because of unfortunate circumstances occurring in the fight and not lack of skill or power. Edited by cool-dude

Windu beat Sidious, that is the canon. Revan would give Sidious a serious run for his money from all sources I have seen. I think this thread has done a complete 180 and instead underrated the hell out of Revan. Edited by Juzzyx