Why can't x12 be Permanent

RogerApple

After re-doing a mission for the 4th time those side quests get really boring. Why can't it be Permanent , before you complain that not everyone wants it. For those who don't you can go on the fleet and get that thing so you can have it removed. It's a win/win for both sides.

I want play the game how I want. I'm having fun doing it with class quests. I don't understand why I have to back to grinding to get back to the fun part.

I'm sure there's some kind of math out there which says keeping people in the game for X length of time is the most beneficial to the game/business, so they stretch out the leveling process to fit that.

Also, you'll only have to do the main planetary story line missions, in addition to your class missions, after 4.0 comes out. And I imagine they'll still have the XP perks/boosts too.

Bro how i am understand you :( but no 1 even reading this.. 5 years same warzone. 5 YEARS SAME MAPS DUUUDE>

NO NEW PLANETS NO NEW OPS look even RANKED REWARDS PEOPLES SPENT THEIR TIME MAYBE BEST PLAYERS OF EU USA they getting rewards not worth to sell it on GTN for 6k :D. Thats why no matter to complain about anything we cant nothing change just enjoy. OLD bioware team who was disabled did huge work we have awesome warzone 5 years old but still awesome OLD operation also very good. Thats Why. Just lets hope this game not die coz good game :)

There is supposed to be some streamlining of the leveling process now, where class and planetary missions will be the leveling curve to follow. Side quests will still be an option if you want them for the extra creds/comms, but won't be an absolute necessity to maintain the leveling curve.

Ultimately, come expansion time, the 12x XP boost will no longer be needed for anyone to enjoy the leveling experience, and not feel like they're forced to do 25 side quests in addition to class/planetary quests in order to keep pace.

There is supposed to be some streamlining of the leveling process now, where class and planetary missions will be the leveling curve to follow. Side quests will still be an option if you want them for the extra creds/comms, but won't be an absolute necessity to maintain the leveling curve.

Ultimately, come expansion time, the 12x XP boost will no longer be needed for anyone to enjoy the leveling experience, and not feel like they're forced to do 25 side quests in addition to class/planetary quests in order to keep pace.

We can just do the class quests without side quests after the expansion. Is that what you are saying.

We can just do the class quests without side quests after the expansion. Is that what you are saying.

You do the class quests and the planets MAIN story line quests which will be marked in purple on your map and quest tracker everything else is optional

You do the class quests and the planets MAIN story line quests which will be marked in purple on your map and quest tracker everything else is optional

When I found out about that I abandoned the idea of rushing the rest of my alts to 55. I got 1 of each class thanks to the 12xp, but I have several secondary alts I was going to speed run but now I can relax a little. I mean I despise some of the planets (mostly trying to navigate around) but I can deal.

After re-doing a mission for the 4th time those side quests get really boring. Why can't it be Permanent , before you complain that not everyone wants it. For those who don't you can go on the fleet and get that thing so you can have it removed. It's a win/win for both sides.

I want play the game how I want. I'm having fun doing it with class quests. I don't understand why I have to back to grinding to get back to the fun part.

Dear god your post history is depressing.... You want free level 55 toons, you want 12 xp to be permanent, you want to control who gets cartel coins and how....

Are you willing to actually work within the confines of this game at all, or do you just want to ask Bioware to rewrite it for you personally from the ground up?

Edited by Princess_Chibi

Dear god your post history is depressing.... You want free level 55 toons, you want 12 dp to be permanent, you want to control who gets cartel coins and how....

Are you willing to actually work within the confines of this game at all, or do you just want to ask Bioware to rewrite it for you personally from the ground up?

Yet he stays subscribed. lol

I hope it doesn't stay permanent and if it does, only for subs obviously.

Because that won't keep most around. And really, it's just adding planet quests into the mix, which is not bad.

No way i am ever going to level a character again without 12x exp. Those terrible planets, I hate them.

then all this driving and the only thing you do is looking at the damn map all the time.

Edited by bluroq

I did every single possible quest including ALL bonus missions and am barely above level 59 without a single quest left on either Rishi or Yavin 4. I also was using a 25% xp boost the entire leveling process from 55 to 59.

Something needs to be done if I can't even hit lvl 60 by doing every single possible quest available.

Would anybody honesty pay 40-50$ for an insta-60 character from the cartel market, if leveling were as easy as it is now. Ask yourself that question, then try to figure out the answer.

Thats pretty much it. Their working on finding a balance to how long gamers take to level and consider it a headache VS just outright buying a level 60 toon and skip most leveling.

What is the sweet spot? 12X is so good, few would consider buying a level 60 for the cost it will be. However, if you make leveling just tediousness enough, they will get more fish to buy level 60s and skip the old planets and class quests.

You aren't going back to grinding. The sidequests and grind is not required in 4.0. Only the critical path of story through the game. Basically, they've got the data now to say which key quests people never did in 12xp and now they are asking people just to do the important quests.

I'm guessing that they're going to give us 12xp again next summer. There will be a slower curve come Tuesday, though.

Actually I would not mind betting we don't get one until the next big expansion (or maybe just before chapter 10+), 12x xp is only for when they want speed levelling to make sure people are ready to do their latest content and get more money in.

Thats pretty much it. Their working on finding a balance to how long gamers take to level and consider it a headache VS just outright buying a level 60 toon and skip most leveling.

What is the sweet spot? 12X is so good, few would consider buying a level 60 for the cost it will be. However, if you make leveling just tediousness enough, they will get more fish to buy level 60s and skip the old planets and class quests.

Nailed it!

Also I'd like to give a /hug to Dayyzee for the ****** post, that opener was priceless :D

This.

There's the Class Questline, Planetary Questline and then Exploration Quests (optional side quests)

I mean they have the blog on the website, use your resources.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20151005

This is the second news topic on the home page of this site as of this post.

Without even trying to find the topic I was looking for, my eye was instantly caught by this:

"10.05.2015 Drawing inspiration from the success of last year’s 12x XP boost and the more recent Epic Story XP Boost, in Fallen Empire we’ve altered the core leveling experience from 1-60 for all players, making it quicker and more story-centric."

The 12x XP boost will not be needed after 4.0 hits.

So rather than about 4-5 class quests per planet, now players need to complete 10? Planet quests take as long, or longer, to complete as Class quests...the new XP rate does nothing less that double the amount of time it takes to grind a toon.

The reason they did this is easy...they're selling 60's. Grinding 1-60 is supposed to be way worse, and it is...they want you buying your 60's now.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20151005

This is the second news topic on the home page of this site as of this post.

Without even trying to find the topic I was looking for, my eye was instantly caught by this:

"10.05.2015 Drawing inspiration from the success of last year’s 12x XP boost and the more recent Epic Story XP Boost, in Fallen Empire we’ve altered the core leveling experience from 1-60 for all players, making it quicker and more story-centric."

The 12x XP boost will not be needed after 4.0 hits.

Indeed so many butthurt crybaby whiners running around screeching they actually have to play the game to level up! Shocking!

Indeed so many butthurt crybaby whiners running around screeching they actually have to play the game to level up! Shocking!

Yes so lets design a way to to skip leveling entirely because leveling up is so important and we think the story is so good and the planet missions are so great. Lets make sure we have a way they can skip it all.

On top of that, lets make sure that if they do level up, we can just down leveling them all the same because in a game based on leveling up , that makes a whole lot of sense.

There are shocking things going on in SWTOR but it's not shocking to see why gamers dislike the planet quests and would rather have 12X turn on instead so they can do class quests only.