The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Female Vaylin Romance?

ShieldProtection

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They haven't said who you'll be able to romance going forward when it comes to the new companions. They have said (or at least heavily implied) that you can choose to continue your old relationships, or the ones you pursued with Lana or Theron. Other than that, we don't know anything about who is and is not romancable.

They haven't said who you'll be able to romance going forward when it comes to the new companions. They have said (or at least heavily implied) that you can choose to continue your old relationships, or the ones you pursued with Lana or Theron. Other than that, we don't know anything about who is and is not romancable.

Can I have both? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

nah just joking, I'm not a *****. Thanks for reply everyone.

I have a very crazy idea. Bear with me here. I know it sounds completely hilarious, but read:

How about you play the expansion to find out?

I certainly don't play my female characters to ask what female character I can hook up with next. But whatever floats someones boat. So how about you just play your sniper and find out by running through the story? If it works, great. If it doesn't, too bad.

Edited by Alssaran

I have a very crazy idea. Bear with me here. I know it sounds completely hilarious, but read:

How about you play the expansion to find out?

I certainly don't play my female characters to ask what female character I can hook up with next. But whatever floats someones boat. So how about you just play your sniper and find out by running through the story? If it works, great. If it doesn't, too bad.

ok :sy_inventory:

Well as others have said that info is not out yet, however I think if she does become one of your companions (as in permanently not just for 1-2 mission quests) then I think so as in romance able, Not sure if that will be same sex romance as it could be with Lana. Even if this is the case I doubt it will be in the first 9 chapters.

I hope not, lana is enough for right now. Sgr needs to be churned out in carefully measured doses. What made the relationship with lana an exciting romance for my fem warrior was the rarity of it. Engaging in a relationship that had previously only been heard about in whispers & hints made my fem warrior feel special, bubbly & excited, like she was making a bold social statement and partaking of forbidden fruit. If almost every female starts being romancable, the relationship will become generic and the magic will be cease to be. Please don't ruin sgr, devs.

I hope not, lana is enough for right now. Sgr needs to be churned out in carefully measured doses. What made the relationship with lana an exciting romance for my fem warrior was the rarity of it. Engaging in a relationship that had previously only been heard about in whispers & hints made my fem warrior feel special, bubbly & excited, like she was making a bold social statement and partaking of forbidden fruit. If almost every female starts being romancable, the relationship will become generic and the magic will be cease to be. Please don't ruin sgr, devs.

Um...

Thats how i felt about how they made everyone bisexual in Dragon Age 2.

Not everyone is gay. Nor is everyone straight or bisexual. Overall it cheapened it, and put more of a "they dont care about -who- you are, just that they can **** you."vibe to it.

I like how they did it in Dragon Age Inquisition, some were male/female only, sera was f/f only, dorian was m/m only, and -Bull - would **** everybody... :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I don't think Vaylin is a romance option for anyone...she's kind of your enemy at the moment

I was thinking that if you side with the emperor perhaps you could get her to join you since you no longer will be enemies but rather allies?

But then one wonders... where would that leave Lana?

Edited by Aricus

Why wouldn't I be? Something wrong with that I said? :confused:

Because it's a rather dumbfounding request that boils down to ''Don't give us more romance options for Homosexuals, it'll make my character feel less special!''

And I don't see how you interpreted the romance with Lana that way, There are plenty of times where you can flirt and kiss others of the same sex and it has never been implied in this game that was tabo, nor is it ever discouraged. So no, it's not ''Engaging in a relationship that had previously only been heard about in whispers & hints'' It's a relationship you may or may not care about depending on how much you like the characters involved.

Though I do agree with your last bit and the poster above me, don't make everyone romanceble just for the sake of it, they should be romancable because it fits in with their character.

Thats how i feltabout how they made everyone bisexual in Dragon Age 2.

Not everyone is gay. Nor is every straight or bisexual. Overall it cheapened it, and put more of a "they dont care about -who- you are, just that they can **** you."

I like how they did it in Dragon Age Inquisition, some were male/female only, sera was f/f only, dorian was m/m only, and -Bull - would **** everybody... :p

You can't get enough of the Bull! Though that's mostly because no one can fit him in...

Personally, I hope she never is a romance. It already feels a bit like every female in the game is romanceable, which is tedious. But if she is, I hope that means Arcann is too. Or better yet, Thexan isn't really dead and is available, since he has all of his limbs :p

Thats how i felt about how they made everyone bisexual in Dragon Age 2.

Not everyone is gay. Nor is everyone straight or bisexual. Overall it cheapened it, and put more of a "they dont care about -who- you are, just that they can **** you."vibe to it.

Exactly. It greatly cheapens the uniqueness of the romance & characters when everyone shares the same taste. I like my romances to feel special, not factory produced.

Personally, I hope she never is a romance. It already feels a bit like every female in the game is romanceable, which is tedious. But if she is, I hope that means Arcann is too. Or better yet, Thexan isn't really dead and is available, since he has all of his limbs :p

Pfffft, a man of metal is more a man then one of flesh in my books! Give me some Arcaan loving!

Because it's a rather dumbfounding request that boils down to ''Don't give us more romance options for Homosexuals, it'll make my character feel less special!''

How does it boil down to that? I said don't make almost every female a romance, because it makes the romance generic & lackluster. You don't agree? Fable, skyrim & da all went the mass unisex romance route and the sgr didn't even feel like sgr. It felt like romancing bland factory processed genderless blocks. Don't know about you, but I don't want that in tor. I don't see how wanting to preserve unique identity would equal to me ostracizing sgr as whole.

And I don't see how you interpreted the romance with Lana that way, There are plenty of times where you can flirt and kiss others of the same sex and it has never been implied in this game that was tabo, nor is it ever discouraged. So no, it's not ''Engaging in a relationship that had previously only been heard about in whispers & hints'' It's a relationship you may or may not care about depending on how much you like the characters involved.

The only thing you could be talking about is the one time fling (if one could call a kiss that) on makeb that never called back, not a romance like lana. The vanilla game was strictly m/f romance.

The only time I got a hint of sgr in vanilla was during vettes quest as a female sw, when I asked to test her sister. I believe she disapproved and my sw said "Aren't we all open minded here?".

If you have any other times, I'd love to hear them.

Edited by Aeristash

How does it boil down to that? I said don't make almost every female a romance, because it makes the romance generic & lackluster. You don't agree? Fable, skyrim & da all went the mass unisex romance route and the sgr didn't even feel like sgr. It felt like romancing bland factory processed genderless blocks. Don't know about you, but I don't want that in tor. I don't see how wanting to preserve unique identity would equal to me ostracizing sgr as whole.

The only thing you could be talking about is the one time fling (if one could call a kiss that) on makeb that never called back, not a romance like lana. The vanilla game was strictly m/f romance.

The only time I got a hint of sgr in vanilla was during vettes quest as a female sw, when I asked to test her sister. I believe she disapproved and my sw said "Aren't we all open minded here?".

If you have any other times, I'd love to hear them.

Have you actually played Skyrim? They didn't make every female able to be married only select women and most were only able to be married by a Male character.

Have you actually played Skyrim? They didn't make every female able to be married only select women and most were only able to be married by a Male character.

I think I'm going to go ahead and ask you the same question. I've never run into anyone my female characters couldn't marry and Ign backs that claim. I can't imagine who you could be talking about.

I think I'm going to go ahead and ask you the same question. I've never run into anyone my female characters couldn't marry and Ign backs that claim. I can't imagine who you could be talking about.

I'm starting to wonder about IGNs accuracy as I don't recall a SINGLE play through where I was able to marry a female NPC as a female or a male as a male.