Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

WTB Privacy option from inspect character..

Ouardajason

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiding gear? Hiding achievements? Blocking all messages?

This is more a "suggestions" thread than a general discussion one, but I am having trouble pinning down what exactly you are asking for. As such, there is reason to believe the devs won't be sure exactly what you are asking for either...

Hiding gear? Hiding achievements? Blocking all messages?

This is more a "suggestions" thread than a general discussion one, but I am having trouble pinning down what exactly you are asking for. As such, there is reason to believe the devs won't be sure exactly what you are asking for either...

They are asking for an anon setting so people can't see if they are online or inspect their gear....

For all the people that scream this is an MMO you are supposed to be forced to interact with people and group and w/e that I see those same people want this in every game...

Hmm this feels like Deja Vu and we have been here before.

As to the topic, A better friends system that you have to approve is fine to prevent harassment can understand that.

Gear? Only reasons I can think of is to 1) hide a stat build that is meh or horrible 2) hide that 198 Chestpiece 3)Make sure no one can copy your style 3) That your undergeared, all silly reasons and can frustrate group content for the last one

Achievements? Reasons 1) You don't know the fight but don't want to let anyone know that 2) Hide some 16m achievements such as Nefra NiM and Coratanni HM. 3) That you bought a sales run. Last 2 no one cares while first one can be frustrating for pugs when your standing on the wrong side of the cross in UL.

So a better friends system is fine rest is meh or negative to pugs or GF.

So yeah not worth it

We've already got something in place for the opposing faction, but I don't think this should apply to same faction. Whenever I'm in a pug group for operations, I tend to check the armor and see what I'm dealing with, that way I can properly prepare my expectations of the groups success chances. People of the same faction knowing what armor you're using isn't anything that hinders your playing, and chances are, you won't even know when someone is inspecting your armor. Heck, I'll sometimes use the Inspect feature to see what a piece of armor someone is using is, because I think it looks cool and want it for my character.

What I actually would like to see is a privacy option for mail. It's obvious that nobody can stop the mail spammers, but this is what frustrates me more than insecure group leaders requiring one to have NiM gear for SM ops. The only people that should be able to send me mail are friends, guild mates and Legacy. Everyone else should be denied.

What I actually would like to see is a privacy option for mail. It's obvious that nobody can stop the mail spammers, but this is what frustrates me more than insecure group leaders requiring one to have NiM gear for SM ops. The only people that should be able to send me mail are friends, guild mates and Legacy. Everyone else should be denied.

As long as it is an option that's fine because there are people who would craft the best mods/hilts/barrels/relics etc and sending them a swtor mail is how you get them the materials/credits after you contact them to see if they are still crafting the item you want and playing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.