Well the good news is i don't think we should lose a lot of players to Battlefront

FourPawnBenoni

Well, you've only seen 2 maps from the game (not counting survival), so that's hardly something to put a final assessment on.

Plus, it seems you didn't look very hard, since there ARE missions under the solo part... it's right there to the left of survival.

It's even called "missions".

But the Hoth map is definately unbalanced.

Which is bad when that's the main map they're showing off in the beta :/

And you really think we'll actually get scripted, narrative driven missions in this game? I'm not asking for something cutscene based like TOR, but at least a continuing storyline, no matter how cliché, short or silly (Like Battlefield 4, for example) is what I'm asking for. And DICE has pretty much confirmed we wouldn't get anything similar to that.

Anyway, I'm not trying to claim that the game sucks, simply that I don't give a flying fu** about it because it's just a random multiplayer shooter with a Star Wars skin and that doesn't appeal to me. And the previous two Battlefront, especially II with mods, fit what I expect from a Star Wars game that focuses on large scale battles.

Edited by Leklor

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a Battlefront game, which it is, it's phenomenal! Granted, there's not all that much to do in the beta, but then again, it is only the beta. Another point I should make is that everyone here probably plays SWTOR for the story and unique single-player experience.... This is completely opposite to battlefront- so it's not meant to jive as it were. It kind-of bugs me that people will judge battlefront based on this game simply because they are both Star Wars. That's like trying to judge Battlefield (not battlefront) from Command & Conquer... it's an unfair comparison. For Battlefront fans, the new battlefront did the series justice. Then again, this is just the Beta. If you look at everything, there's A LOT more to do in the full game. So it seems people are trying to judge the game either based by how much content available or how it measures up subjectively with other current Star Wars games like SWTOR. Regardless, that's not how to assess a game. Edited by Gameverseman

*snip*

If you had looked above, you'd have seen that I praised the graphics and sound design.

And if you had read my other posts, you might have also noticed that it's pretty hard to focus fire on the Walker when we are getting spawn camped by AT-STs and portable turrets.

It's also pretty hard to coordinate a team effort without Vocal Chat.

I mean, say what you want but Walker Assault IS unbalanced as hell.

In a correctly balanced game, an average team should win against an average team. Here, even an incompetent imperial team that spends half the game twidling their thumbs can win against a well-prepared Rebel Force, notably because power-ups are completely random and sometimes you want an airstrike because the bomber wave is coming and you get a crappy anti-AT-ST grenade. Yeah...

Also, a good point raised on the game's subreddit, the Empire can "steal" Rebels turrets but the Rebels can use AT-ATs (Obvious really) but neither can they use AT-STs (There is no way to disable them and capture them) or any form of ground vehicle to even the odds.

The game needs a lot more work before it's "ready", and we all know it won't get it because it releases in two weeks. And it's not even about hating EA because I don't. They've treated some of my favorite franchises with care, despite some hiccups I don't really think they should be held accountable for because they aren't the cause of those.

I just don't like the game.

And you really think we'll actually get scripted, narrative driven missions in this game? I'm not asking for something cutscene based like TOR, but at least a continuing storyline, no matter how cliché, short or silly (Like Battlefield 4, for example) is what I'm asking for. And DICE has pretty much confirmed we wouldn't get anything similar to that.

Well, you won't get a campaign, no.

But I'm betting the missions are at least somewhat scripted.

Besides, who cares about that in an online FPS anyway?

It's like asking for FPS mechanics in SW:TOR.

If you want a great and engaging storyline in a star wars setting, you might want to look to something other than a battlefront game.

(just like you wouldn't go to the BF series of games to get that, normally. Well, BF:BC2 being the exception)

Anyway, I'm not trying to claim that the game sucks, simply that I don't give a flying fu** about it because it's just a random multiplayer shooter with a Star Wars skin and that doesn't appeal to me. And the previous two Battlefront, especially II with mods, fit what I expect from a Star Wars game that focuses on large scale battles.

Actually, you pretty much did claim the game sucked

Having played it, I concur. It's not very good.

But that's ok, you don't like it.

But from the way you're posting, I get the feeling that you're looking for something completely different. (especially when comparing it to modded versions of the older battlefront games... that's like comparing Rome Total War 2 to Rome Total War with the Rome Total Realism or Europa Barbarorum mods. They completely change the game)

Right! Forgot about that. Wasn't too bad for me, but I've seen players get spawned in a middle of a hot zone, only to get instantly picked off.

Right, that sucks and all, but we wanna get answers to the hard questions...do the capes clip through vehicles?

Why would an MMO lose a large percent of players to a FPS? Just because it says Star Wars? I don't think so. It's still play types.

Seems FPS aren't your cup of tea, all the power to you in that. BUT there are those who enjoy FPS that LOVE the game. Coming to SWTOR Forums talking about it & trashing it, doesn't even make sense.

That'd be like me coming here talking about COD: Black Ops: Zombie mode. Doesn't fit nor apply, even if it says STAR WARS.

Having played it, its fun, as good as any of the others and better then battlefield.

It will do well and its not really going up against this game because this is an MMORPG and that is a FPS.

At least you get it. lol

Edited by CaptRogue

*snip*

Was I looking for something different? Sure, I was looking for a successor to Battlefront 1 and 2. Not Battlefield 4: Star Wars.

I'm more than aware that the game isn't for me but that doesn't mean I dislike it because I'm bad at FPS in general. In relatively decent. I just don't think that it being a Star Wars game (Might I add, only targeted at fans of the Original Trilogy) doesn't excuse the glaring balancing flaws and the severe lack of content compared to the other games in the series (And in the Battlefield Series too.)

Was I looking for something different? Sure, I was looking for a successor to Battlefront 1 and 2. Not Battlefield 4: Star Wars.

I'm more than aware that the game isn't for me but that doesn't mean I dislike it because I'm bad at FPS in general. In relatively decent. I just don't think that it being a Star Wars game (Might I add, only targeted at fans of the Original Trilogy) doesn't excuse the glaring balancing flaws and the severe lack of content compared to the other games in the series (And in the Battlefield Series too.)

You do realize the beta isn't the full game, right? smh :rolleyes:

You do realize the beta isn't the full game, right? smh :rolleyes:

Still, from previews and infos revealed by DICE we know it's pretty close from the final product both in terms of gameplay and content (OT-only, most modes are recycled from current Battlefields, only "Hero Assault" is really inspired by one of the old games.)

And really, do you expect them to change anything from the beta knowing the game releases in less than a month?

Whats funny is this game is not even battlefield 4 star wars. The original two battlefronts were more like battlefield than this game. Its a run and gun arcade shooter where you have a super ultra rapid fire death lazer that can kill ATST walkers a sniper rifle and a jet pack lawls!

Its a huge disappointment from even a battlefield experience which tends to be a slower more conservative experience.

I will give it that it is vary pretty, its vary vary pretty... and shiny... so much so I wish we could import that graphics engine but programming and stuff like that get in the way T-T

Still, from previews and infos revealed by DICE we know it's pretty close from the final product both in terms of gameplay and content (OT-only, most modes are recycled from current Battlefields, only "Hero Assault" is really inspired by one of the old games.)

And really, do you expect them to change anything from the beta knowing the game releases in less than a month?

one of my seggestions from Battlefield 2142 actually made it into the game so dice does listen if you give a convincing argument why it needs to be changed and why something does not feel right. Though to be honest the game is pretty terrible as is and would take a lot of time to iron out the bad.

i wouldn't say boredom but system requirements for PC those are CRAZY.

Really? My computer is nothing like the monster PCs some gamers have and it played the game just fine.

Of course I'm willing to bet the Beta doesn't have Denuvo tacked onto it yet so how well it will play come release might be different.

Edited by Anaesha

90% of the game is missing from the beta.... you literally are rendering judgement on only 10% that's currently playable. There's still 6 other multiplayer modes, each of which can occur on more than one map (those maps have yet to be even seen, let alone, played on). Missions has 2 additional modes, at least 2 additional maps, and 3+ additional difficulties. Not to mention the "secret" difficulties for getting all the holo-diamonds. In addition, the survival mode will actually be survival... so there's even more to experience in the content currently available to us right now. Which will also be available at release. But, like I should care, you're ruining it for yourself by making assumptions.... But I don't even think that matters because I doubt you would have gotten the game anyways. So, in essence, you're trying to ruin a game for others before it even comes out.... :o

*snip*

What are you trying to do exactly? Building yourself an enemy to fight?

I'm not trying to discourage anyone to play the game, I'm laying down factual reasons for my personal dislike of it, leading to a lack of enjoyment on my part and thus the absence of any reason to purchase the game.

But let's review your "arguments", shall we?

First, 6 other mutliplayer modes. I could stop right here because I've already explain why I dislike multiplayer focused shooter with no solo option for the majority of their content (You know, like what Battlefront II offered?). But tell me: How will these 6 new modes change the fact that I dislike the gunplay, spawn system and power-up acquiring? How will "Fighter Squadron" turn one of the worst flying system in recent memory (Both with keyboard and mouse and controller, and look around the internet, it's pretty clear no one really likes the flight controls). How will "Blast Mode" compensate for the small number of heroes and piss-poor controls?

Second, mission mode: From what DICE showed, we can kiss goodbye any instant action like in previous games. Large scale battles with AI opponent? Dear god we can't have that in our game, can we? It may be fine for online player but I rather enjoy playing on my terms, against the computer (Although if the AI in survival mode is any indication, it'd be better no to think about it.). And collecting "holo-diamonds" and raising the difficulty won't suddenly make the mission and survival modes as enjoyable as... say Galactic Conquest.

There is a distinct lack of content compared to the previous games, and even though I used to defend DICE when they announced it, and what content there is hasn't been enough to convince me to shell out 60 bucks to buy it.

If you like the game, good. Play it and enjoy it, who am I to tell you what to like and what not to?

If you think what is being offered for the price they ask is enough, then buy it and don't bother with my opinions since you care little enough about it to invent parts of it and accuse me of having said it afterwards.

All in all, I'd ask you to refrain from passing judgment on my ability to decide what's worth my interest or not. I suspect you and I don't share the same tastes in pretty much everything and what you think is appealing isn't cutting it for me.

no solo campaign.

whatever games I might be playing in a future.. Battlefront is not going to be one of them, becasue no solo campaign. doesn't matter how awesome multiplayer might be. so /shrug

From what I've seen in the Beta it does have solo/co-op campaigns but they are all unavailable in beta.

snip

Your "reasons" for not getting the game were already addressed months before the beta even was a possibility. DICE specifically said there would be no conquest (single player with AI inclusive), or in-depth space battles. Seeing as how those are your core reasons I can't see how you could have defended DICE before when they even said they wouldn't be giving you what you want. Now don't take this as me singling you out... you're not the only one with the same gripes. One of my friends is in the same boat. But, for both of you, you can't really judge something until that something has come to fruition. A beta is not that. Granted, your points are valid but are also irrelevant since those reasons aren't in Battlefront as DICE has said and as the beta has proven. Long-story short, it's not fair to judge something on what you want it to be over what it actually is. This is the far too common subjective way of looking at it. Plus, your reasons aren't a certainty... my friend brought up the possibility that EA/DICE could release DLC with both CQ, transitional CQ, AI CQ, and improved Space combat. Knowing EA, that wouldn't be any surprise.... but, at present, judgement rendered on the beta should have no solidarity in the full game. Moreover, Battlefront should be judged by what it is, not by what people think it should be. At SWC in Anaheim, the lead on Battlefront specifically said that the reason they called it Battlefront and not Battlefront III is because their Battlefront would be different from all the others. How can that hold true if it kept everything the other Battlefronts had? Everything that has been released about Battlefront to present has said that it was not going to be the same. But it seems apparent to me that people can't accept that simply because the game is called "Battlefront" which is a hardly tangible reason. Understandable, but not tangible since DICE had endeavored to redefine Battlefront. So, really, you're judging the entire game on little details that just didn't jive with you from 10% of the overall game you've played which only happened to be a beta. See the problem?

Edited by Gameverseman

*snip*

What I see is that you still misunderstand my reason for disliking the game based on the beta!

Content lack aside, it's the gameplay I dislike.

The gunplay, the movements, the way vehicles work, the power-up system which is just far too random, the crappy flight control, the blatant imbalance in Walker Assault mode...

Those are no things that will get fixed by adding more content. New modes and maps won't suddenly make the guns feel better. New objectives won't fix flight controls.

The only issue I have with the game that CAN be fixed with new maps is the spawn system and even then I'm not convinced it's going to be much better in other maps.

http://www.ibtimes.com/star-wars-battlefront-has-no-single-player-campaign-thats-shame-2056838

btw co-op? is not solo. solo is when you play alone. preferably offline. but mainly? alone.

That was written in AUGUST!! I was actually PLAYING the Beta just the other day and it did have campaign missions that could be played solo does it have it set up like if you were playing a normal SP game no but you can still play by yourself.

Either way I won't be buying it I got bored with it rather quickly and as someone who loves FPS that's saying something.

That was written in AUGUST!! I was actually PLAYING the Beta just the other day and it did have campaign missions that could be played solo does it have it set up like if you were playing a normal SP game no but you can still play by yourself.

Either way I won't be buying it I got bored with it rather quickly and as someone who loves FPS that's saying something.

its not a solo campaign is it? its multiplayer missions that you are soloing. NOT the same thing.

does it have an overeaching story progression from mission to mission? no. then its not a solo campaign, anymore than ME3 multiplayer played by yourself is a solo campaign.

hell - even DAI multiplayer multiplayer has more of a campaign feel to it.

so no. its just a collection of variety of multiplayer missions set in star wars universe with no purpose other then kick each others butts in variety of conditions. no matter how well done they are? no thank you.

P.S. did you honestly think they would add an entire solo campaign between august and November? those things take a LOT longer then couple of months to design. so yes, August information on solo campaign is close enough to release to be considered finalized.

Edited by Jeweledleah