Level Sync Poll. (Yes an actual poll)

Focusangel

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and the pollster doesn't point out you can vote more than once, so the poll is biased that way also, with people weighting their vote.

I just voted 3 times myself to test it out.

Oh, well then this poll means nothing. I only voted once per poll question for what good it does.

You're doing it wrong. Obviously you're supposed to vote at least 5 times on each option, like every person does.

Given the obsessiveness of some on one side of the argument or the other, I would not be surprised if there are those who have.

Didn't think of worldbosses.. damn it. .__.

And i can't edit or add anything :/

A "super mega awesome difficult boss" counts as worldboss tho, i guess :p

Also for rewards, there should be an option for the "vanilla" rewards - the ones that you get now for being unsynced. No reason to change the reward system when the player is playing the game just as they are now, without the level sync system in place.

Wow this poll really surprised me. I guess the majority of people do not want level sync. i mean out of the 528 people that voted only 41% of the people thought that it should be forced on us.So by this i am guessing we only have about 700 maybe 800 people that actually play swtor

Wow this poll really surprised me. I guess the majority of people do not want level sync. i mean out of the 528 people that voted only 41% of the people thought that it should be forced on us.So by this i am guessing we only have about 700 maybe 800 people that actually play swtor

And yet statisticians are able to poll just a few thousand people and have a reasonably close approximation of the opinion of the entire US electorate.

Glad to see that so many would rather have something optional than forced. Thats a good sign to get this changed.

Won't happen.

This poll proves that it is a very close to each other. That is a good sign for force to be here to stay, as people can easily get over it.

I am looking forward to it. This poll is amazing for support of force.

Also for rewards, there should be an option for the "vanilla" rewards - the ones that you get now for being unsynced. No reason to change the reward system when the player is playing the game just as they are now, without the level sync system in place.

And the same credits we get now as well for doing a Level 50 Heroic and farming and resetting. How about no

Wow this poll really surprised me. I guess the majority of people do not want level sync

Forced has the highest number of any of the categories. And then there is a question of credibility given the bias of the group targeted for it, and the fact you can vote multiple times (corrected only after the fact and still able to cheat around it, just delete cookies).

Not only are the numbers likely a long ways from accurate, your interpretation is way off also. Highest number is forced. You don't get to add up all the other categories as all opposition to Forced. They are each their own viewpoint and very different from each other in the choice.

And yet statisticians are able to poll just a few thousand people and have a reasonably close approximation of the opinion of the entire US electorate.

Professional statisticians also put a lot of effort into the exact phrasing of questions, determining just how 'representative' the sample set is, and many other relevant factors that go into those polls they run - there's a reason it's a distinct specialization and field of study.

I guess the majority of people do not want level sync.

Was there some sort of huge swing? Because "No Level Sync at all" is actually one of the options on the poll, and at the time I'm posting this it is the least-selected choice - sitting at 8%.

Was there some sort of huge swing? Because "No Level Sync at all" is actually one of the options on the poll, and at the time I'm posting this it is the least-selected choice - sitting at 8%.

How is "optional" doing?

Two sorts of answers are, likely, lumped into "optional":

"I want to be able to switch back and forth personally."

and

"I'd never use it, but other people really want it, so let's give them the option while not forcing me."

How is "optional" doing?

and

"I'd never use it, but other people really want it, so let's give them the option while not forcing me."

Forced: 41%

100% Optional: 39%

Only Forced in Heroic Zones, Optional Everywhere Else: 12%

No Level Sync At All: 8%

And there is at least a third category of people who vote optional - my own opinion boils down to "I'll always have it toggled on, but other people really don't want it, so let's give them the option to turn it off". I can't say how many are of the same opinion as I am, but that reasoning is why I personally voted for "100% Optional".

(I feel the need to reiterate: I don't think this poll is, in any way, a truly representative sample of the player population - taking it for what it is, I was just curious how the previous poster came away from it with the impression s/he seemed to have.)

Edited by DarthDymond

How is "optional" doing?

and

Yep, I agree. The other thing is we have no idea how much extra work is involved. If people knew how much alternative content they had to give up and it was significant I suspect the results would be a lot smaller for optional. Then you can make a straight comparison between level sync or no level sync.

Forced: 41%

100% Optional: 39%

Only Forced in Heroic Zones, Optional Everywhere Else: 12%

No Level Sync At All: 8%

And there is at least a third category of people who vote optional - my own opinion boils down to "I'll always have it toggled on, but other people really don't want it, so let's give them the option to turn it off". I can't say how many are of the same opinion as I am, but that reasoning is why I personally voted for "100% Optional".

(I feel the need to reiterate: I don't think this poll is, in any way, a truly representative sample of the player population - taking it for what it is, I was just curious how the previous poster came away from it with the impression s/he seemed to have.)

All true -- I should have included "let them turn it off, even though I want it" as another motivation to vote "optional".

Yep, I agree. The other thing is we have no idea how much extra work is involved. If people knew how much alternative content they had to give up and it was significant I suspect the results would be a lot smaller for optional. Then you can make a straight comparison between level sync or no level sync.

No shock, but I, for one, would sacrifice content for Optional, over Mandatory.

so far only a few hundred players have contributed, in far and away so insignificant as it is to make anything from it.

in addition i dont expect the bw team to notice an external opinion, but there are only a few hundred people voted on it so far which is hardly even worth noticing as far as an opinion is concerned. its like one of those stupid polls about 1000 people who vote on something and the media make a big story that the minority is a majority. the only thing that would cut it is if this opinion of a poll is reinforced with an actual poll which you would expect delivered through email for you to contribute to, ovbiously with official bioware email address verified.

Professional statisticians also put a lot of effort into the exact phrasing of questions, determining just how 'representative' the sample set is, and many other relevant factors that go into those polls they run - there's a reason it's a distinct specialization and field of study.

I understand that. The person I was replying to was making a snarky comment that had nothing to do with that but just saying only 800 people play the game.

Does it matter if the POLL is official or not?

I mean lets just do quick math folks.... Well over 1/3 of the population responding do NOT want forced level-sync.

Even with a SAMPLE size statistic that is pretty eye opening if you ask me and indicates a pretty solid number of players don't want the feature forced, but several are optional (like the feature/hate the forced).

I'm sorry fan-boys, but this is going to blow up like PVP Bolster and I've little faith it will be working as you expect before FEB 2016.

Then don't release it till it is optional. I don't recall paying anyone for a game just to hear about how hard their work was on it.

It should have been designed as optional from day one. That way, the most gamers can enjoy the content. Run it like you have been for 4 years for the same rewards you have been getting OR run it the down leveled way for a new reward.

More ways to play. Until it could be designed as optional, it needed to stay on the wall.

However, the numbers are decent enough. There are 52% of gamers that want optional in some way. 41% that think forced and 8% that are direct opposite of forced but at least if it was optional, they could always turn it off getting them and the rest something they can enjoy.

Edited by Quraswren

Numbers seem to favor force to me. If it is that close to each other more proof that many people are just fine without it being optional. Now if it was like super small percent wanted it force and rest did not. I could understand. The numbers are fine, and force seems like it is here to stay for awhile at least. :)

Numbers seem to favor force to me. If it is that close to each other more proof that many people are just fine without it being optional. Now if it was like super small percent wanted it force and rest did not. I could understand. The numbers are fine, and force seems like it is here to stay for awhile at least. :)

Not sure you see the numbers favoring forced but....

It may be here to stay but it's clear more want optional in some way than forced. Hell, even the 8% that don't want down leveling at all could still turn it off all the time if it was optional never having to deal with it.

Optional will always be the better path BW should have designed for at this point in the life of SWTOR. There screwing up leveling in a game based on leveling up. Thats going to turn off gamers just like it does for GW2 and FF14 (where incidentally getting down leveled is much worse).

Were still going to be forced to down level come release no matter the negativity it brings and it is generating negativity and I dare say much more than BW thought it would. Combine that with generic companions, the removal of achievements, no new end game group content and relying on 1 to 4 year old stale content, and well, BW isn't knocking anything out of the park these days by relying so much on story alone.

Edited by Quraswren