Great out of the box UI! Outstanding!

Klarick

I know all the mods are coming. Sad day it will be. But some people just cant play a game without all the "wow-mods" telling them every little thing they must do and when they must do it.

Im enjoying the uncluttered UI. It's fantastic and very refreshing.

I wish it would stay like this.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know all the mods are coming. Sad day it will be. But some people just cant play a game without all the "wow-mods" telling them every little thing they must do and when they must do it.

Wait... what?

Easily the worst out of the box UI in any MMO I've ever played. Its lack of mobility and resizing, in addition to its unresponsiveness should have BW on trial in the Hague for crimes of this magnitude.

I know you dont have to use them

but if they allow them, this game will become like wow in alot of ways

if you do not have xyz mod/addon you cannot join us, you cannot run this op/flash link achievement or no invite etc.....

plz do not let this become like wow

I don't want mods to tell me what to do next, I want to be able to customize where I want the chat-box for example. User-friendliness = a good thing.

To be fair... You *can* move the chat box.

But since you can't move anything else... It really won't fit real well anywhere else.

Your point would be stronger if you could make it without insulting people.

Wait... what?

Easily the worst out of the box UI in any MMO I've ever played. Its lack of mobility and resizing, in addition to its unresponsiveness should have BW on trial in the Hague for crimes of this magnitude.

Not sure if serious...

The UI is fine. Compared to some other MMOs it's a godsend. Sure, it could be better, but I'm pretty sure Bioware will fix that up eventually.

I know you dont have to use them

but if they allow them, this game will become like wow in alot of ways

if you do not have xyz mod/addon you cannot join us, you cannot run this op/flash link achievement or no invite etc.....

plz do not let this become like wow

Or you could start your own groups that don't require those things. Besides, NOBODY ever told me in WoW that I couldn't join their 5-man instance group if I didn't have a certain addon, and I ran at least a thousand of those.

Personally, I think it's the best UI I've ever seen in any game, especially as a PvP healer. Other UIs just take all the challenge out of the game with ez-mode mouse-over healing and raid frames that tell you what everyone's health bars are doing.

People need to stop demanding that the UI be easy to use or functional like other games and enjoy the more challenging play style that this UI promotes.

Personally, I think it's the best UI I've ever seen in any game, especially as a PvP healer. Other UIs just take all the challenge out of the game with ez-mode mouse-over healing and raid frames that tell you what everyone's health bars are doing.

People need to stop demanding that the UI be easy to use or functional like other games and enjoy the more challenging play style that this UI promotes.

This made me LoL.

Well played sir. Well played.

How can you defend this UI, it is god awful.

I just dont see it that way. The simplicity of the UI is its greatest asset. Trust me, you dont need all those addons that WoW has you hooked on. This UI is clean and very functional.

Note: To the one that mentioned the chat box. The chat box can be moved.

10/10, you almost had me there for a sec.

I just dont see it that way. The simplicity of the UI is its greatest asset. Trust me, you dont need all those addons that WoW has you hooked on. This UI is clean and very functional.

Note: To the one that mentioned the chat box. The chat box can be moved.

Its so clean! Well, its certainly uncontaminated with cheese!

No scaling and no mobility of any of the elements (Besides the chat box that doesn't really *go* anywhere else) is so 2004.

Heck, I think even Vanilla WoW let you scale the UI to fit.

Simple /= Good.

Simple *can* be good, but this is simple and bad.

Coming from Rift... this UI is atrocious. Absolutely, 100% atrocious.

This.

On plus side, if they live up to comments I read on IGN during one of the interviews they gave: BW will eventually be getting around to making the UI not suck so much.

As to OP...

Not sure if serious....

I don't need a UI that gives me any more information than the default. I wouldn't care if the mods released were for aesthetics only. Given the proper addons, I can make a UI far more "uncluttered" and elegant than the default UI. For me the default is very clunky - I cant wait to tweak it. I'm like that though. I tweaked the UI of my car... led's got my dash lookin' pro.

If anything, they should have given us to option to reskin the default blue. I would have liked green.:D

Edited by Shortwave

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.