4.0 summary

KrukPL

...a LOT of people's opinions about KOTFE. There's negativity, but the overwhelming reaction at least in my "circles" is excitement.

And in every community I'm a part of, people ARE returning in droves and were lured back by the expansion. It's happening even if you choose not to see it.

I'm sorry to hear this. I think it might be a playstyle thing ... But bearing in mind that it's a playstyle thing, group A hating the changes doesn't mean the entire game's population is leaving or that the game is tanking.

I have to ask though, what serious grind is being introduced...? To me it sounds like they're streamlining everything and making it easier, not more grindy.

My thoughts and the noise i'm hearing in-game, among friends and in guilds are along what you're hearing. I guess it depends on the groups 'playstyle' like you're talking about.

I got my fill of 'hardcore' content when I played WoW, this game (to me) is all about enjoying the story and the game itself. I'm either excited or indifferent to all the changes they've introduced.

Also, when people claim 'Oh they don't care about the people currently playing the game or long term players' that's furthest from the fact. They're trying to balance an enticing pull for potential new players and keep it excited for current players. If this doesn't end up being what you want in the game, then don't sub anymore.. it's simple.

Make it apparent YOU'RE not happy then remain calm. Don't go out kicking and screaming claiming everyone has the same mindset as you.

Edited by ChrispyBass

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming from a casual player I don't mind the changes they do sound promising. I've been playing this game on and off since early access. It's nice to just focus on the story when leveling up and run a bunch of errands for side quests. I can level though pvp and GSF and run flashpoints. This game needed a face lift, I'm not crazy about the level sync but I'll adjust and deal with it. Crafting seems better (for me at least). I like that I don't have to worry about gearing my companions and spending credits and comms on them as well as me. Also with them being able to take on any role it gives me a reason to use all of them more.

All in all some people will hate the changes, some will love but at the end of the day it's just a game.

I can assure you KOTFE has a huge amount of excitement around it. Those people are just a lot less likely to come post on the forums than people who have complaints.

Those are precisely the people who I expect to be most upset about level synch.

Edited by Karkais

Comprehensive Guide to 4.0

- Heads will talk

- No new GSF content,

- No new WZ content

- No new PvE content

- No new content in general having to do with core MMO elements

- We broke some things but gonna release expansion anyway, lol!

- That totally awesome 2 min trailer you saw last summer is gonna be the intro! You can watch it as much as you like!

Edited by Vasflam

I'm a guild leader and a member of 7 forum communities about TOR. It's not so much how rolleyes popular I am so much as the fact that I am an active member of the community. I participate, I help new members, I talk to people. As a result, I have seen, in passing, a LOT of people's opinions about KOTFE. There's negativity, but the overwhelming reaction at least in my "circles" is excitement.

And in every community I'm a part of, people ARE returning in droves and were lured back by the expansion. It's happening even if you choose not to see it.

Lol, and WoW hit 10 mil subscribers before WoD.... and 4 months later it was at the lowest subscriber #s since Vanilla

I have to ask though, what serious grind is being introduced...? To me it sounds like they're streamlining everything and making it easier, not more grindy.

I'm guessing the fact that you have to kill thousands of mobs for companion influence/affection (or is this just for the achievements, I don't know), as well as the rep grinds for each faction, but again, I'm not clear on that as I haven't seen specifics posted.

Edited by RavageXX

I am not knocking people for being displeased with the changes, but people tend to fall into a pattern of assuming everyone shares their views.

LOL. No really - LOL. The people on the forum that are the most intolerant are those that want 4.0. I want to oneshoot grays so can we make it optional gets a reply of no it must be mandatory because the fun way to play is grouping for heroics for the loot. Those of us that want to keep out affection achievement are will to let it be legacy but we are told they must be deleted because ... something about hurt feelings I think. It is the BW4.0 fanboys that think that there way is the only correct way to think.

Comprehensive Guide to 4.0

- No new WZ content

- No new PvE content

- No new content in general having to do with core MMO elements

Preliminary data says that there are rumors about new pvp map (and type) and a new type of tactical flashpoint.

I think you might wanna change that to no new operations since all that story is PVE content no?

Edited by Faardor

Preliminary data says that there are rumors about new pvp map (and type) and a new type of tactical flashpoint.

I think you might wanna change that to no new operations since all that story is PVE content no?

They already said that there will be no new content in this year and god knows how long we will wait for it. So how many times and how long would u like to do the same story? 3months? Half a year? I will probably end new story day 1 or 2, and than what?

They already said that there will be no new content in this year and god knows how long we will wait for it. So how many times and how long would u like to do the same story? 3months? Half a year? I will probably end new story day 1 or 2, and than what?

- bolstered operations and flashpoints

- Do stuff for that alliance thingymabob mechanic

- do the story on other classes.

And the amount of content they're releasing is technically more than ROTHC and SOR maybe you shouldve left when you were so dissapointed with those (were you? If not then why are you about this one?)

Edited by Faardor

Add some bases to capture in planets and let imp fight with rep for them. It would be so much fun. Every base could have area of influence where fraction who controlls it gain more xp or somethng like that. Guild ships would be air support for fighters - someone could use console in ship with view of battle and lick to shoot and than on the planet few second before impact there would be red circle on the ground. Of course every team would have possibility to "disable" guild ship by fighting with him in starfighters ships..

I agree, it could be very funny ^^

Edited by Tredayn

You could argue that a SWTOR Summary would simply be;

"A lot of good ideas, poorly implemented, not supported, forgotten about, removed from the game".

Well put.

The game is not for 1.0-3.0 players?

Seems like it.

SWTOR 4.0: Renovations for the Anticipated Influx of New Players Once Force Awakens Releases

I think that captures what I see as driving the force behind so many QoL changes and the overhauling of long standing elements to the game. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I just see them taking the opportunity right now to perform a bunch of facelifts hoping that it will be something of a new launch when the movie gets people excited again. This is why end game and other elements are taking a back seat for now versus changes that make it easier to step right in and play.

See, and this is exactly why I am so annoyed with BW. I don't think there is anything wrong with that move. But they should just have the guts to communicate it.

If they tell us (=the people actually visiting this board, most of them are regulars): We are doing this all for you, to make the game better for you, then this is just not true. We know it. They know it. I personally would have prefered if they would have just been honest months ago, telling us: "OK, look, we need to get new blood in and and we think this will work out best if we change this and that." Then we would have had months to adjust and prepare mentally. Now, we got all those info bombs within a few days, many of the things hitting us (probably not all, but many) unprepared and unexpected.

Of course, it is no wonder that there is a lot of confusion and frustration present in the playerbase now. And THAT is BW's fault. Communication fail, that's what happened in my opinion. And that's especially a pity, because communication is by far the easiest bit when you make computer games. You don't even need to be able to program code for it. ;)

Stuff will happen, different stuff than happened before, people will say stuff about this stuff.

Fin.

But what about things that happen and people saying that things are about those things?

It all really boils down to stuff vs things.

Personally, I support stuff, because things are heresy.

Ive been playing for 3 years I hear people say pvp isnt a big part of the game...what um...what are you all doing?

Ive been pvping nonstop from launch cuz it seems like there is never anything else to do. Once you finish content on 8-16 classes thats it. Why repeat it MORE THAN 16 times? All there is to do is PVP imo. weird.

but im pretty much done with this game upon release of xpac.

- bolstered operations and flashpoints

- Do stuff for that alliance thingymabob mechanic

- do the story on other classes.

And the amount of content they're releasing is technically more than ROTHC and SOR maybe you shouldve left when you were so dissapointed with those (were you? If not then why are you about this one?)

Well ROTHC and SOR added new operations, not rescaled, NEW.

Well ROTHC and SOR added new operations, not rescaled, NEW.

oh ok so the only gripe you have is that there are no new operations? shouldve specified.

heres my 2 cents: Let your subscription run out, subscribe to the SWTOR newsletter and wait until they announce ops content to re-subscribe. No-one will hate you for it.

Edited by Faardor

If they tell us (=the people actually visiting this board, most of them are regulars): We are doing this all for you, to make the game better for you, then this is just not true. We know it. They know it. I personally would have prefered if they would have just been honest months ago, telling us: "OK, look, we need to get new blood in and and we think this will work out best if we change this and that." Then we would have had months to adjust and prepare mentally. Now, we got all those info bombs within a few days, many of the things hitting us (probably not all, but many) unprepared and unexpected.

I think you give the forum too much credit here. Besides, even if I'm right in summarizing the changes as particularly aimed at the potentially rekindled interest in the game from Force Awakens, the benefits of overhauling the game to accommodate it do not divide cleanly into being "for us" or "for them". The quality of life changes benefit us immediately (and there are a good number of them) and the other changes have mixed reactions from the current player base, as well as short term versus long term trade offs. There's no need for them to make such a statement, and even if it were warranted, the median maturity level of this community suggests that it wouldn't be a responsible steward of the good faith from Bioware.

- No new PvE content

There's tons of new PVE content seeing as the entire game is PVE. Story, quests, dailies, flashpoints are all PVE content. What you meant to say is "no new raids."

LOL. No really - LOL. The people on the forum that are the most intolerant are those that want 4.0. I want to oneshoot grays so can we make it optional gets a reply of no it must be mandatory because the fun way to play is grouping for heroics for the loot. Those of us that want to keep out affection achievement are will to let it be legacy but we are told they must be deleted because ... something about hurt feelings I think. It is the BW4.0 fanboys that think that there way is the only correct way to think.

You're generalizing. I'm very excited for 4.0 but that doesn't mean I like everything. I'm iffy about level sync. I don't think it's the end of the world, but I would prefer there was an option to disable it. And I find it odd to remove the companion achievements.

I understand why people have complaints about it, but there is way more oppressive hatred (TORTANIC GONNA SINK AGAIN) than oppressive "this is going to be awesome" from my perspective. Lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.